Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

XenomorphII

Prophet
C

Let's make some new enemies.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
If it happens it'll happen after the tournament, not before. No unsanctioned fights are allowed, especially when orthodox disciples are involved. Even if Murong Yandi escapes punishment, Bai Jiutian wouldn't.

Baltika9

Arcane
The Abbess smiled at our last trick, I wonder what will her reaction be to this one.
Also, since C's victory is pretty much assured, we totally should give her a meaty smack on the ass for extra "humiliation" points. In for a penny...

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Baltika9 said:
Also, since C's victory is pretty much assured
Errr... we have 6 vs 4 votes as of now. Hardly anything is assured.

And since it is not Yifang we are pulling this shit against, the Abbess wouldn't mind it much. She is hardly a puritan type herself.

We want to return Nie Mudan a favor for the taunt she gave us, not to sexually assault harass her.

Baltika9

Arcane
Oh, so now you have scruples.
:rpgcodex:
And C is sexual harassment as it is, "no consent and no penetration," so might as well go all the way. The crowd will love it.

Nevill

Arcane
Baltika9 said:
And C is sexual harassment as it is, "no consent and no penetration," so might as well go all the way. The crowd will love it.
No, it is taking an advantage of a structural weakness in enemy defenses. It is a sound tactical move!

Look, I know you have a weak spot for Sengoku Rance, but we need to find ourselves a province khandom first. Have patience, jeez!

Jester

Arbiter
Pah. She'll just make them look plain like Xiaoxiang with her acupuncture technique.
Which is why we need Qilin around, too.

You attribute too much bloodlust to a poor girl that had never killed so much as a chicken before.

Oh, and...
Baltika9 said:
We're leching in everyone but her
We need to fix this ASAP.
With Jing little sister? Thats low even for my standards, cant we keep that relationship pure?

Oh, so now you have scruples.
:rpgcodex:
Rance is that you? Jing magnetic personality will make it happened lets role play Rance in ancient china.

Edit Neville make this joke first dmn. :(

Nevill

Arcane
Jester said:
With Jing little sister?
Where did you get an idea of her being your little sister? I may be overplaying Jing's pimpness a bit, but even I don't know what is more perverted.

She is not your sibling, and she does not view you that way. Thinking otherwise is as much of a delusion as considering her a part of a harem. By the way, the only woman Jing managed to 'score' with since his exile was Madam Jiang. His Don Juan nature is greatly exaggerated.

Edit: it's no joke. It's a thing.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Baltika9 said:
No, it is taking an advantage of a structural weakness in enemy defenses. It is a sound tactical move!
Of course it is, my addition will give it that much more, ah, "sound."
But seriously, I still dislike C. For all the lulz and brownie points with the crowd it gives us, it also will make cooperating with the orthodox sects against the WiBs much more difficult. Bai Jiutian already solved the puzzle of our secret identities, fucker's sharp as a whip, so I wouldn't be surprised if he'll start connecting the dots and reporting to his Master in the following matches. We can win this without utterly humiliating our opponent and making even more enemies. Honestly, we have too many of those and not nearly enough friends (the Ashina being the only ones, and we have no way of contacting them right now; ffs, we don;t even know how to find them, so might as well show some of their moves and see if maybe they can find us).
With Jing little sister? Thats low even for my standards, cant we keep that relationship pure?
I'm with you 100%.
Uh... It was Esquilax 's idea!

Nevill

Arcane
Baltika9 said:
For all the lulz and brownie points with the crowd it gives us, it also will make cooperating with the orthodox sects against the WiBs much more difficult. Bai Jiutian already solved the puzzle of our secret identities, fucker's sharp as a whip, so I wouldn't be surprised if he'll start connecting the dots and reporting to his Master in the following matches.
For the love of Cthulhu, how do you see us cooperating with anyone here but Emei? Bai Jiutian is onto us, he knows nobody can get that skilled without a master, and he has an idea of who our master is - pretty much because he knows who our master is not. You can't count on them not driving you out of the city, much less on their help.

Baltika9 said:
]We can win this without utterly humiliating our opponent and making even more enemies. Honestly, we have too many of those and not nearly enough friends (the Ashina being the only ones, and we have no way of contacting them right now; ffs, we don;t even know how to find them, so might as well show some of their moves and see if maybe they can find us).
The sects are NOT our friends. We are out to defeat each and every one of their best disciples and rub their faces into the fact that it was Zhang Jue's disciple who did it. How is it even possible to hope to remain in good graces with them?

I am not suggesting slighting them at every opportunity, but I sure as hell wouldn't be pulling my punches out of consideration for their honor.

If we want to have at least someone backing us up in case the truth comes out, we need to make the onlookers, not the sects, love us.

Baltika9 said:
Uh... It was Esquilax 's idea!
Esquilax was the one that had noticed the similarity. You were the one who offered to go for it. :P

Baltika9

Arcane
Baltika9 said:
For all the lulz and brownie points with the crowd it gives us, it also will make cooperating with the orthodox sects against the WiBs much more difficult. Bai Jiutian already solved the puzzle of our secret identities, fucker's sharp as a whip, so I wouldn't be surprised if he'll start connecting the dots and reporting to his Master in the following matches.
For the love of Cthulhu, how do you see us cooperating with anyone here but Emei? Bai Jiutian is onto us, he knows nobody can get that skilled without a master, and he has an idea of who our master is - pretty much because he knows who our master is not. You can't count on them not driving you out of the city, much less on their help.

Baltika9 said:
]We can win this without utterly humiliating our opponent and making even more enemies. Honestly, we have too many of those and not nearly enough friends (the Ashina being the only ones, and we have no way of contacting them right now; ffs, we don;t even know how to find them, so might as well show some of their moves and see if maybe they can find us).
The sects are NOT our friends. We are out to defeat each and every one of their best disciples and rub their faces into the fact that it was Zhang Jue's disciple who did it. How is it even possible to hope to remain in good graces with them?

I am not suggesting slighting them at every opportunity, but I sure as hell wouldn't be pulling my punches out of consideration for their honor.

If we want to have at least someone backing us up in case the truth comes out, we need to make the onlookers, not the sects, love us.
For one, they have absolutely zero reason right now to kick us out, even if they'd want to. We behaved rather tamely here, and nothing says that Zhang's disciple can't participate. I'm not saying that C will automatically mean they'll be able to kick us out, but they will definitely want to do so even more.
And with our decent standing with the Abbess (or granny, as I like to think of her), she will definitely be able to negotiate on our behalf and keep the orthodoxes from telling us to fuck off on the spot. And, yeah, I can totally see us cooperating with them in the investigation if we have someone as influential as Miecao vouch for us, "It's okay, he's cool." We did set a good precedent with our actions in the Songfeng school after all.

What happens after the we win the tournament, well, the looks on their faces when they realize they've been had by us will be worth it.
:troll:

Nevill

Arcane
Baltika9 said:
For one, they have absolutely zero reason right now to kick us out, even if they'd want to. We behaved rather tamely here, and nothing says that Zhang's disciple can't participate. I'm not saying that C will automatically mean they'll be able to kick us out, but they will definitely want to do so even more.
Absolutely. They don't want our kind around. Look at how they treated Gao Fu, and the man has a heart of gold. If our reputation is enough to scorn a man like that, think of what happens when they will confirm that we are the real deal.

As for the reason, there was an assault on a man by someone who claimed to be ZJ's disciple just yesterday. They have all the reason they need - which is to say, not much - to lynch us on the spot. But the crowd won't stand for it, if we play our cards right.

Baltika9 said:
And with our decent standing with the Abbess (or granny, as I like to think of her)
You are thinking of a grandmother-in-law. I approve.

Baltika9 said:
And, yeah, I can totally see us cooperating with them in the investigation if we have someone as influential as Miecao vouch for us, "It's okay, he's cool." We did set a good precedent with our actions in the Songfeng school after all.
Oh yeah? Let's ask Songfeng disciples - the upright orthodox types who had witnessed it firsthand, the same ones that were out to murder us on the spot once the duel ended - what they think about that. A good precedent, my ass.

Miecao would have to explain how she knows us. It wouldn't exactly be doing a favor to her. No, there is no use trying to mend the cup of our relationship with the orthodox world. Deeds speak louder than words, and our deeds are of a dubious kind, not to mention the whole WiB thing going on.

Last edited:

Jester

Arbiter
Jester said:
With Jing little sister?
Where did you get an idea of her being your little sister? I may be overplaying Jing's pimpness a bit, but even I don't know what is more perverted.

She is not your sibling, and she does not view you that way. Thinking otherwise is as much of a delusion as considering her a part of a harem. By the way, the only woman Jing managed to 'score' with since his exile was Madam Jiang. His Don Juan nature is greatly exaggerated.

Emm she isnt his biological sister but
You had been an only child while with your real parents, and with Shun it was like having a brother your age. This is the first time you’ve had something akin to a younger sibling. It’s a strange feeling - you’re not sure that you enjoy herding her around, but you’re not sure that you dislike it either.
Jing view her rather like younger sister than possible romance option.

Nevill

Arcane
Jester said:
Jing view her rather like younger sister than possible romance option.
This was the case 2 years ago, when she was a "dirty, weird, freaky girl", as Tigranes put it. "But, well… girls grow, as they always do".

Here is what he thinks of her now.
She’s grown rapidly in the year and a half since you last saw her. You didn’t expect that short, stubby girl to grow into a lanky lass only half a head shorter than you are. Her rags, which once swaddled her almost entirely, now barely cover her knees and elbows. She appears to have added new clothes to that confusing collection of torn cloth, however, showing as islands of colour in a sea of faded tones. Her hair, however, still serves as a curtain that hides as much of her face as possible, though it appears slightly less messy and more silky nowaday.

After some time, she manages to speak. The first word out of her mouth is your name. “Jing! Why are you…” Her croaking has grown slightly deeper and changed in tone, giving it a more husky effect that is not as unpleasant to the ear.

There is also another girl, with long hair unlike the nuns, looking as striking as her sister now that she’s been forced to clean up. And to think you had just parted ways two weeks ago.
He certainly started to notice her charms. Whether it amounts to anything is up in the air.

Baltika9

Arcane
You have a point, consider me swayed. Flopping to C. And for the record,
Baltika9 said:
And with our decent standing with the Abbess (or granny, as I like to think of her)
You are thinking of a grandmother-in-law. I approve.
No, I view her as just "gam-gam," ever heard of "in-laws from hell?" That's Miecao after she finds out her precious granddaughters are in our harem.
And I'm completely for "team Yunzi." Hell, one of the benefits is that we'll have completely chill in-laws, I won't be surprised if the old Khanbro gets the two of 'em drunk and leaves them in alone in that special yurt of his.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

C - Obviously. :troll:

C seems perfect to me. It let's us beat her without using our techniques and it would go well toward taunting her when we face her for real in Zhang's challenge.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nevill

Arcane
Baltika9 said:
That's Miecao after she finds out her precious granddaughters are in our harem.
Yao was the one that came up with the idea. He'll calm her down.

What does she have against us, personally? She views us as a decent enough person. Why wouldn't she want to leave Cao'er in our care for life? Well, except for the whole Zhang Jue business, who is, I agree, not the safest employer to be working under. But after that?

This isn't Christian Europe we are talking about here, monogamy isn't a law from the Heavens. Ever heard of Sororate marriage?

Baltika9

Arcane
What I meant is, she won't be happy that her granddaughters have been put into our harem with twenty other hussies from around the world and take them to a tribe of stinking savages in the north. As in, she has more pride in herself and them than that, she could maybe live it down if it were just the two of them. A whole harem, probably not.

Esquilax

Arcane
Except he isn't watching our match at all right now, being too focused on three hundred pounds of pure BRO that is Guo Fu. And his master is most likely watching them, too.

Yeah, Murong Yandi isn't watching us, but Bai Jiutian, our toughest competitor, is. Unlike Yandi, whom we don't need to fight, we must fight Bai Jiutian, and when we do, I would rather give away as few of our tricks as possible. It doesn't matter if we humiliate seven schools and defeat the Flowers of Huashan, if we don't beat Bai Jiutian, Zhang's challenge is incomplete. This man watching us today is our greatest obstacle, and if we cannot defeat him, we cannot call ourselves the greatest pugilist of our generation. Really, it's all about A or C.

Remember that in this situation, it's Bai Jiutian who has the advantage here. He gets a sneak peak into our unique, heavily modified qinggong, when so far we've had the benefit of not having to give away any of our real shit.

I'd also like to point out that we've done a fairly decent job of not needlessly antagonizing people so far. We managed to avoid alienating the Qingcheng, and we're even on decent terms with the Abbess. However, at the end of the day, our goal is to win Zhang's challenge, and we can't get bogged down in "Oh shit, what will these people think of us?!?!" when our purpose is to defeat them. I don't want to make enemies without good reason either, and I don't want the WiBs making our lives difficult by framing us for crimes, but if completing the challenge and not giving Bai Jiutian an edge against us means that we hurt somebody's feelings, well, fuck 'em. Considering that all of our techniques are lethal, believe me, it could be a whole lot worse than a little bit of embarrassment.

Assume from now on that Bai Jiutian will be watching every single one of our matches, particularly if we humiliate his fellow Huashan and especially if we run through Murong Yandi. He is our most dangerous opponent, and we just can't afford to give him an edge against us. Speaking of other powerful rivals watching us:

As a result, Qingcheng had been utterly eliminated from the competition, though their best young fighter, the new head of the sect, Song Lingshu was in mourning and did not participate, deciding to be a spectator instead.

I don't know if she's watching this particular fight, but if we make it further along, she'll definitely have her eyes on us.

But seriously, I still dislike C. For all the lulz and brownie points with the crowd it gives us, it also will make cooperating with the orthodox sects against the WiBs much more difficult. Bai Jiutian already solved the puzzle of our secret identities, fucker's sharp as a whip, so I wouldn't be surprised if he'll start connecting the dots and reporting to his Master in the following matches. We can win this without utterly humiliating our opponent and making even more enemies. Honestly, we have too many of those and not nearly enough friends (the Ashina being the only ones, and we have no way of contacting them right now; ffs, we don;t even know how to find them, so might as well show some of their moves and see if maybe they can find us).

How do you propose we cooperate with the orthodox sect against the WiB's to begin with anyways? We still don't have leads and only a very tenuous connection with the masked fighters that we've encountered in the tournament that we have yet to figure out. In any case, we still have a covert understanding with the Abbess, whom we can still relay information to in private. We could warn the other orthodox sects privately through her.

C, though I like A even though nobody seems to want it (I don't mind losing the match).

Nevill

Arcane
Baltika9 said:
What I meant is, she won't be happy that her granddaughters have been put into our harem with twenty other hussies from around the world and take them to a tribe of stinking savages in the north.
I'd be more concerned with my girls being happy than my in-laws. Ashina tribe is a long way from Mount Emei, they won't visit us all that often. :P

Baltika9 said:
C, though I like A even though nobody seems to want it (I don't mind losing the match).
Fuck no, we'll become a champion and challenge Bai Jiutian. And open a bookmaker office.

Baltika9

Arcane
All they need is one castration squad, and there goes our empire. A khan without testicles is not a khan at all.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
All they need is one castration squad, and there goes our empire. A khan without testicles is not a khan at all.
The solution is obvious. We must recruit the entire Emei sect into our harem army.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom