Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
One last thing about Guo Fu and his neigong. As some of you may have noticed, his breathing and focus is essential to executing the skill properly. It is a very qi-dependent technique. What happened here is that you took the hard way and basically smashed yourself against him until it gave out. No one sane would actually take on a master of Jinzhongzhao that way, only a maniac would even try it. Most people attempt to overcome it via softer, more refined methods. Yuhe Finger, for example, would have allowed you to win more safely by disrupting his qi.

See guys? We should totally have picked Yuhe finger way back then. :roll:

OK, alright. I am over it. This was just too good to let slip. +M
Doesn't matter. We would have lost it anyway when we joined the Manor.

I know. That's the main reason I'm good and well over it. It does, however, underline just how useful a qi-disrupting technique would help us.
If we could go seek out Cao'er and see if she'll teach it to us, I'd really appreciate that. If not, maybe Yao would be so inclined?

Baltika9

Arcane
Heh, I'm not sure if injecting our opponents with raw warpstuff is the brightest of ideas, even if it will be very effective and entertaining to watch.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

For the record: I am in favor of poking people with our qi and watching their heads explode.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
On an unrelated note, treave, from what Jing learned of Zhang in the eighteen months he's been on the island, what are his views on personal bonds?

He hasn't said anything about it one way or another.

Also, Codex imagination of how calling out Bai Jiutian would go:

Xu Jing: Hey, faggot in white! Your skills suxxorz! Let me school you in how it's done! You and me, one on one, six months from now in a steel cage!

Bai Jiutian: RAAAGE I FIGHT U

:lol:

Jester

Arbiter
After reading some posts it looks like A will be more of polite way trolling? Rude person sudently becoming nice can be unnerving for some, nothing that will leave trauma?

As for sudden outburst with last A was decision between keeping low profile and increasing chances to get WiB info and we did play secret agent before mad tiger.

On an unrelated note, treave, from what Jing learned of Zhang in the eighteen months he's been on the island, what are his views on personal bonds?

He hasn't said anything about it one way or another.

Xu Jing: Hey, faggot in white! Your skills suxxorz! Let me school you in how it's done! You and me, one on one, six months from now in a steel cage!

Add naked torsos and big shiny spears if i remember in The Naked Gun it had been nominated for Oscar award. :lol:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

But does he have a choice if we win the tournament? If the current champion demands a duel, as a former one, he can not dismiss the request.

I don't see the quote above being that much far from the truth. Naturally, Jing's trolling, as well as Jiutian's answer, would be more refined, but that's it.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Well, you are assuming that he needs to be tricked, coerced, or otherwise forced into a match with you, that if given a choice he will choose not to fight you. I don't think it's trolling if he's willing to answer your simple, straightforward request and the match is to be carried out legitimately, with no tricks. And phrasing your request simply and politely is a far cry from trash-talking.

Sure, if you boil it down to you asking for a fight, and him agreeing, obviously that quote is not far from the truth. But that ignores plenty of factors like mediators, location, time, and rules of engagement, which won't all go according to your specifications just because you start insulting him. For example, there is a difference between impetuously calling him out on stage, and having the Abbot of Shaolin, with all his authority, publicly 'suggest' a match between the two champions.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
We could just go-
Jing- Lol, I've done more chicks than you.
Jiutian-...
Horse-rental, bitch!

Baltika9

Arcane
Well, you are assuming that he needs to be tricked, coerced, or otherwise forced into a match with you, that if given a choice he will choose not to fight you. I don't think it's trolling if he's willing to answer your simple, straightforward request and the match is to be carried out legitimately, with no tricks. And phrasing your request simply and politely is a far cry from trash-talking.

Sure, if you boil it down to you asking for a fight, and him agreeing, obviously that quote is not far from the truth. But that ignores plenty of factors like mediators, location, time, and rules of engagement, which won't all go according to your specifications just because you start insulting him. For example, there is a difference between impetuously calling him out on stage, and having the Abbot of Shaolin, with all his authority, publicly 'suggest' a match between the two champions.
Naw, the idea was to start talking shit about him all around China in the months prior to the fight, to get him angry and offset before our match even begins so we could troll him easier during it, hopefully making him think with his pride and ego instead of his brians. This depends on him being the narcissist he seems to be, it really does look like his ego is his weakest point. Like Esquilax said, his opponent in the previous finals was our first fight in the prelims, and everyone we fought with later could mop the floor with him (I really want to see a Jiutian vs Guo Fu fight), so he ain't shit and we're coming for his ass.
Of course, nothing's stopping us from calling him a "faggot in white." In fact, with his hair, I encourage it. :lol:

Jester

Arbiter
There's such disappointment when I get an alert and it isn't treave
Know that pain.

Would love to choose B but in our state doubt it would went well, rematch later after we will be patched up would be nice.

How long will those odd avatars remains? I am kinda scared by them dunno why.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Naw, the idea was to start talking shit about him all around China in the months prior to the fight, to get him angry and offset before our match even begins so we could troll him easier during it, hopefully making him think with his pride and ego instead of his brians. This depends on him being the narcissist he seems to be, it really does look like his ego is his weakest point. Like Esquilax said, his opponent in the previous finals was our first fight in the prelims, and everyone we fought with later could mop the floor with him (I really want to see a Jiutian vs Guo Fu fight), so he ain't shit and we're coming for his ass.
Of course, nothing's stopping us from calling him a "faggot in white." In fact, with his hair, I encourage it. :lol:

Uh... You do realize how absolutely petty this sounds if you keep whining about him in every town you go to? Do you have nothing better to do than to act as promoter for your own fight? It makes you look like the obsessed one here if you can't help but insult him wherever you go. :lol:

If he is indeed a narcissist the best way to annoy him is to not give him any attention. Treat him as beneath your notice. Make him the one who asks for a fight to prove he is better, as you focus on doing things that continue to strengthen your reputation as a powerful 'hero'.

Deeds, not words. Talk is cheap.

Baltika9

Arcane
We don't have forever to wait on him, though, so unless us winning over the crowd was enough to spark his anger or the Frathouse Bros (and Miecao) help us in arranging one, then we may have to. Besides which, I just want Jing to have something to troll him with and get him off center. If acting all cool and too important for him is the best way to do it, then I'm all for. If not, find another way.

Tigranes

Arcane
We're talking about stuff that's still a couple updates ahead, but just for the record, we are NOT going to throw our mask off, put our foot up on the cold prone body of Nameless knocked out, and say WHO'S GOT THE ZHANG JUE EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO CHALLENGE ME LINE UP AND BOOK A TIME AND PLACE OH AND BAL JIUTIAN HAS A SMALL DICK TROLOLO.

Let's focus on the fight first. I suspect A will not be a golden ticket to instant victory with Yifang, and whether it works out well or not we will have another choice to make to win the semi-final. I'm worried that by the time we get to Nameless we will be too tattered to beat him.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The character has had a history of trolling through actions, starting with kicking a boot into a princess's face. I don't think you need to worry about him being unable to upset a faggot in white.

Esquilax

Arcane
treave, what are the betting odds on our match against Yifang? The bookies must know that we're fighting injured, so that must even out the gambling odds quite a bit since a lot of people might not think that we can take Yifang in our injured state. I'm assuming that we're the favourite, but not as heavily favoured as say, Nameless was against Xiaoxiang. Also, how much money have we made from the bets thus far? Could we support ourselves easily without having to dabble in herbalism for the next few months if we win this match?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Yifang is slightly favoured to win. Injured is injured, people can be rather practical that way. You don't need to worry about money for a while, but you will need to worry about it even less if Qi Liuwu comes through with the bet.

Baltika9

Arcane
The character has had a history of trolling through actions, starting with kicking a boot into a princess's face. I don't think you need to worry about him being unable to upset a faggot in white.
Heh, fair enough. I suppose I should put more trust in Jing's natural abilities then.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Horikita Maki - B
Horikita Maki - A
Horikita Maki - A
Horikita Maki - A
Horikita Maki - A
Horikita Maki - A
Horikita Maki - A
Horikita Maki - A
Horikita Maki - A
Horikita Maki - C
Horikita Maki - A
Horikita Maki - A
Horikita Maki - B
Horikita Maki - A
Horikita Maki - A
Horikita Maki - B
Horikita Maki - A
Horikita Maki - A
Horikita Maki - A
Horikita Maki - A

Current tally:

A - 16
B - 3
C - 1

Well, this was rather troublesome to count.

Jester

Arbiter
bit mby we should change vote patent to something like vote Jester A for now? Should make it easier on you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom