Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
None of them stand a chance against Lady Jiang anyway.

Giving Scholar Jiang’s residence a wide berth, you head towards Luoying Manor.
Damn it, Jing, that's just cold!

I still didn't live it down. Jing's love life is one big disaster - first he was a sex toy for the chambermaids, then when he got his freedom, he whored himself out to a random hag. I am half-afraid he is going to Yuhua Hall to ask if they are hiring.

And when the girls his age start swooning over him, he goes into full animu protagonist "what are they talking about" mode. *sigh*

Esquilax said:
We'll probably be there as neutral spectators anyways, so maybe we can challenge him so that he can get a taste of his own medicine.
Should have gone with B3 for that one.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
treave, out of curiosity, was eating Quilin's snakes something we could have actually done? I'm just wondering what her reaction would be upon walking into our room, expecting a perfectly immobile and miserable Jing ready for trolling...only to find us reading a book and nibbling on a headless snake.

Last edited:

ScubaV

Prophet
This sounds good:

What were the causes and aftermaths of the warring period between forty and thirty years ago?
What is the significance and power of the star I was born under?

Esquilax

Arcane
treave would it be possible at all to have a tally of the amount of gold/silver we have in the inventory list on page 1?

A tally isn't necessary: treave, any great fighter and champion who is loved by millions needs some flash and flamboyance, and that means an entourage. Do we have enough money to hire a few ladies from Yuhua Hall to follow us around and dance and throw flower petals in our path as we head into the ring? Something like this:

Yes, I'm suggesting we blow all of our winnings on whores. Quite frankly, with this character, I don't see how you could do anything less than that.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I won't keep a running tally, but if there's a use for that money I'll give the option. You have little problem surviving with your skills so money isn't usually a problem or a concern.

As for how much you have now, enough to live on for a year with your normal expenses (you don't spend a lot), but Yuhua Hall courtesans don't come cheap.

cort

Novice
treave, since Jing was presumably, educated along with the prince, shouldn't he already know all about, "What were the causes and aftermaths of the warring period between forty and thirty years ago?" Seems to me like it'd be a wasted question if so.

To me, this seems much too general a question to draw out any specific information that'd help Jing unravel the mystery behind the WiB or the Fire Cult, or whatever else that is plaguing the land. I have a feeling that any information we get would probably lead to people making lots of conjectures, but no real specifics, only confusing everyone's ability to decide what to do or where to take the character next.

I like it because of the potential lore dump though.

Still undecided on this update, maybe asking about the WiB may be more productive? Voting for this in the meantime though, "What is the significance and power of the star I was born under?"

Baltika9

Arcane
Speaking of history and birthsigns, treave, does Jing still remember his birth parents and where they lived? The background was that we were grateful for being bought out of the life of a poor peasant, so I'm assuming Jing remembers at least something.
Also, how would the Goat Adjutant and Yao have gotten along, I'm really curious. In fact, I'd love to see a bonus chapter on the topic some day, the wonderfully caustic Goat Scholar interacting with various characters of the setting.

Last edited:

Esquilax

Arcane
Also, how would the Goat Adjutant and Yao have gotten along, I'm really curious. In fact, I'd love to see a bonus chapter on the topic some day, the wonderfully caustic Goat Scholar interacting with various characters of the setting.

My impression of the Scholar character from Xiahou Yu is that he was more of a pompous, ivory-tower intellectual type who could come off as having a bit of a stick up his ass, despite being a generally bro dude. The Goat Adjutant seems more like a gruff, irritable type that just doesn't give a fuck and it rubs people the wrong way.

What really would have been funny would be an Ox Scholar. A kid from a family of brilliant and unathletic nerds, who turns out to be a physical freak of nature who is of distinctly average intelligence. I guess Dog Adjutant would have been fun because everything would have been a disaster - it would have turned this entire thread into a root LP.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Speaking of history and birthsigns, treave, does Jing still remember his birth parents and where they lived? The background was that we were grateful for being bought out of the life of a poor peasant, so I'm assuming Jing remembers at least something.

He knows he used to live near the northern border, he had siblings, and that's about it. He wouldn't know where the village is exactly.

I guess Dog Adjutant would have been fun because everything would have been a disaster - it would have turned this entire thread into a root LP.

Dog Adjutant could have been a former immortal that offended the gods and got banished into an unlucky incarnation in the mortal realm as punishment.

Baltika9

Arcane
Supernatural elements in the setting=confirmed. Now we just have to find a demon willing to barter the secrets of our qi for the souls of everyone we hold dear.
Edit: siblings, eh?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Yes, as it turns out, all of the girls that you know are your siblings or half-siblings.

Baltika9

Arcane
Wow, the Xu family must have been a bunch of lusty bastards. That means we have familial ties to the Wudu cult, the Ashina tribe, Yao and his family (which makes Cao'er that much creepier) and the Nie family of Songfeng. Huh.
But I'm more interested in demons.

Wait... even Madam Jiang?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Even the chambermaids are related to you.

Your bad luck carries over to your sperm. You are infertile.

Baltika9

Arcane
Cool, so can they do us a solid later down the line and teach us some neiggong tricks?

Baltika9

Arcane
:hmmm:
Is Zhang related to any demons? Is he a demon?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom