Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Elfberserker

Liturgist
A.
We got to help our pro, besides there is lot of benefits for having him to be grateful for us.
Pro:
- most likely as intelligence and perceive as us, very possible that he is more adept in those mental facilities than Jing
- much more versed in scholarly knowledge, artistic skills and drinking ( it might be useful for him outdring our opponents, besides drunken style combat mixed with such intelligence characters would be fun to watch...If scholar bro learns it.)
- More viewpoints about WIB in their location, skills and motives.
- tiger bro and scholar bro seems to synergism each other well in skills department and possible personality wise, but scholarbro combat aptitude is unknown. Then again Jing is very much combat beast.
- Much more likely to take care of our money than Jing

Cons:
- mixed loyalties about WIB, we might have to eliminate him in order to destroy woman in black.
- He is too smart to try defeat us in straight combat.
- He can drink us under the table.
- we lose lot of money...Not that it matters for now

I would say that Pros outweight the cons.

Baltika9

Arcane
Oh, we'll be "working" our debts off, alright.
Pfft, slip laxatives in all their drinks and sneak off in the confusion. Problem solved.

Baltika9

Arcane
After declaring your identity as a itinerant purveyor of certain protective objects, you had been ushered in through a side entrance by the staff of the brothel. They guided you through a series of winding paths through an ornate garden, leading you to a simple pavilion some distance away from the main building. An attractive lady is there, playing chess with a distinguished-looking gentleman. Upon your arrival, she whispers something to the man. He gets up, scowling at you, before leaving the pavilion.
I'll take a wild guess and say that this gentleman is Tulu Huodu. We've just met our future uncle-in-law, hopefully we displayed adequate business savvy.

Jumping on the bAndwagon. Though I do hope we can negotiate a deal that would leave us with at least some spending money. You never know when you will need to throw some cash around.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Jumping on the bAndwagon. Though I do hope we can negotiate a deal that would leave us with at least some spending money. You never know when you will need to throw some cash around.
Oh come on, you KNOW we're gonna hoard hold on to that money for like, forever.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
My computer is well and truly dead, hopefully I can raise it before the weekend is out. Won't be able to do anything about updates until it's fixed.

As for the payment in A, suffice to say it'll wipe you out immediately and then some. You'll still be getting royalties but don't expect to start getting any money until it's fully paid off, which will definitely be after this chapter. You'll likely be going it pauper style, living in abandoned temples and huts like how you did when apprenticing under Yao, for the rest of the chapter. That may have some consequences.

Our scholar friend here got drunk, got in touch with his inner beast, and partied really, really hard.

Baltika9

Arcane
My computer is well and truly dead, hopefully I can raise it before the weekend is out. Won't be able to do anything about updates until it's fixed.

As for the payment in A, suffice to say it'll wipe you out immediately and then some. You'll still be getting royalties but don't expect to start getting any money until it's fully paid off, which will definitely be after this chapter. You'll likely be going it pauper style, living in abandoned temples and huts like how you did when apprenticing under Yao, for the rest of the chapter. That may have some consequences.

Our scholar friend here got drunk, got in touch with his inner beast, and partied really, really hard.
He better have had, to get in such deep shit. :salute: Oh well, slumming it will help us get on better terms with the Beggars, Xiahou Yu will teach us how to booze properly (finally!) and we'll pick up the Drunken Fist somewhere along the way. This will be so incline and hopefully not prevent us from finding Huluzi, I mean Shadow Wolf.
Can't we make big bucks off of our herbalism?

Last edited:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
We've never made big bucks, nor did Yao and he was one of the best.
Jing can make a living, so starvation isn't an issue. But I agree that slumming with beggars might be interesting, though bear in mind it'll close other doors.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Unless you're planning on taking over the golden fox leaf cartel, no. You'll do enough to make a living here and there, but no big bucks. Herbalist demand isn't that high at the moment.

Baltika9

Arcane
Well, so long as we have enough money to avoid stat losses from malnutrition and random diseases, and enough to afford booze for the both of us, I'm fine with that. We can make the money back at the next tournament, although Quilin will be laughing her ass off at our kind-hearted retardation. Really, the tough guy image we're trying to build as Zhang's apprentice will be totally destroyed once all the people whom we've helped start coming out with the truth. :lol:

Say, since A pretty much won at this point, what stats did Xiahou Yu get from his stay in Yuhua? I suppose good math skills from being the bookie and a big END and drinking boost from boozing. Did he get the "Alcoholic Rage" we missed out on on Zhang's Island?

Esquilax

Arcane
But I agree that slumming with beggars might be interesting, though bear in mind it'll close other doors.

Absolutely, being a wealthy guy would put us in a completely different position socially than being a pauper. Some of the people that we're after could be well-off and have access to the corridors of power (seeing as they want to kill off the reigning Dynasty) so it would certainly close some doors. Plus, being poor would probably expose us being around more danger since we'd be slumming it all the time. Now that I think about it, it certainly has been a while since we've encountered our old friends from the Bandit Kingdom.

:lol: Oh man, he must have really fucked up and went on an insane coke-and-whore binge that would have put Charlie Sheen to shame. I think A is worth it just to hear the story of how he dug himself into this terrible situation. Not that much of a surprise really; you throw a shy, sheltered teenage nerd with poor social skills into a whorehouse full of beautiful women and of course he's going to completely lose it.

Not that it matters much, but I'm going A. As tempting as Maniac diplomacy sounds (and I think if it came down to a fight, Jing's skills and his near-immunity to the Yuhua Duqing Palm would be hard for them to overcome), it's better to do things cleanly and not burn any bridges. Fuck the money.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Herbalism business plan-
1. Sell laxatives as a means of petty revenge.
2. Sell counter laxatives to targets of laxatives.
3. PROFIT.

Baltika9

Arcane
Bros, I know the perfect career path for Xiahou Yu, the Beggar Sect's bookkeeper:
The Beggar Bookkeeper is not a man you want to cross, and if he ever found out the Chief had dipped into the Sect's accounts for a personal bet...

Well, this is just one possibility.
With his surly disposition, alcoholism and "inner beast," well, he's a perfect fit for them. We should seriously consider getting him in touch with Qi Liuwu.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Ler's have our agents in every sect. Then we will take over the orthodox world. They will never see it coming.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom