Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Elfberserker

Liturgist
hmm, so many choices. I decide later

A) We have sneak and speech skills, but no lockpicking skills which might screw screw us when there will be locked doors. If we are spotted we surely ruin anti-pirates alliance element of surprise, but on otherhand we get headstart even if it's extremely risky. Personally I am against this plan.

B) Not good. We get the girl's help but we take great risk at angering the father.

C) Safe option, but we surely anger the girl. There is also a risk that her father believes her word over ours, because we are still appearance of vicious murder and that doesn't gave trustworthy first impressions.

D) I don't know what to make of this. The girl is smart enough to understand not to go along, but she might become desperate and tacks along anyway.

I have to mull over, if winning the contest at all cost is worth the price angering yet another school.

Kipeci

Arcane
It's either A or C, but I want to take some time to get suited to conditions on the island, so I'll vote A.

Baltika9

Arcane
but no lockpicking skills which might screw screw us when there will be locked doors.
Pfft, who needs lockpicking skills when you have Shouwang Claws?

C

We can get the description of her friend from her if we tell her we are her friends only chance. And there probably aren't that many female pirates there in the first place (I hope). Our scholar could probably take on one if we find ourselves too busy. Maybe we can also use the good will we get from her family by ratting on her to get them to keep an eye out for her friend as well and to make sure she isn't harmed. Something that she should really have asked her father / brother for. From the sound of it her plans means literally warning the pirates, that's what the language discussion is about. WTF kind of a plan is that.

edit: OK, flopped to A. Hopefully we can actually pull it off.

Last edited:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Pfft, who needs lockpicking skills when you have Shouwang Claws?

Well, we won't hurt our finger nails. It fucking hurts when they crack :D.

I am also pretty sure that Songfeng discplines are keeping eye on us, which makes A even more riskier if we get accused as traitor.

Baltika9

Arcane
So what? We saved an innocent, misguided damsel at the request of another innocent misguided damsel, and took down the pirates by ourselves. As expected of Zhang Jue's apprentice. Songfeng be hatin' anyway (sadly, I really like Rong Muben and am glad to see the old man finally found his fire, even if it took his son's death).
Well, we won't hurt our finger nails. It fucking hurts when they crack :D.
For real? Dude, we're Zhang's apprentice, fngernails aren't a factor. Some Huehueshan prig may be concerned (you know who I'm talking about), but not our Tigerbro.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
For real? Dude, we're Zhang's apprentice, fngernails aren't a factor. Some Huehueshan prig may be concerned, but not our Tigerbro.

For real, it's not that I am not worried that smashed doors alert every pirate on the base to gangbang party:troll:. Who knows, we may be even able to pull it off. We have the strenght, agility, skills and especially techniques for taking down opponents in life or death battles, but our rather avarage endurance is the weakest link here.

Baltika9

Arcane
Yeah, but we don't need a whole lot of END to sneak around. Certainly didn't need it in Songfeng when we sneaked Cao'er out.

Or, if we prefer, pulling off a slaughter worthy of our patron god will be tricky with our END, but we could do it if we play our cards right. Besides, we have a walking library beside us, and who knows what the girl is capable of.

Baltika9

Arcane
treave, since the mission is an all-nighter and we have the recipe for Zhang's enervation potion, the one he used to have us train 24/7 without sleep, are the ingredients for it hard to come by? Could we make one before departing for this mission?

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
C - I see no reason to support this girl. We may still be able to save her friend, but such is not a priority. I'm curious what taking the safe option gives us for once.

Baltika9

Arcane
Any merchants around here carrying it? This is a rather bustling city, after all.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Yeah, but we don't need a whole lot of END to sneak around. Certainly didn't need it in Songfeng when we sneaked Cao'er out.

But we still need lockpicking skills to open locked doors unless we go trough windows, if they have windows or other openings. I would imagine that Pirates would be bit touch more paranoid about their rooms than that place where we saved Cao'er. Then again there is a chance that we don't need it. Or maybe the girl or scholarbro has some skills with locks, but I doubt it.

Or, if we prefer, pulling off a slaughter worthy of our patron god will be tricky with our END, but we could do it if we play our cards right. Besides, we have a walking library beside us, and who knows what the girl is capable of

Well the thing is that I am most worried about the girl. If she gets wounded or killed then we will have yet another case of causing death of child of the school's masters. It doesn't take the genius figure out when she snuck out, if we leave earlier than the rest. then again we could simply lie that we didn't know that she was't supposed to be there, but I doubt that anyone believes.

The girl might be good pugilist or not. It's real gamble that we are taking here, but we should think what are our goals. Obviously saving maidens would be near top on Tigerbro's to-do-list and we have quiet successful history in that department, but placing maidens in danger even to save other maiden is unknown territory for us. Besides this sounds shady, the girl probably tells what she thinks is the truth, but maybe she doesn't know the whole truth.

Hmm, I'm thinking. The greatest threat for that pirate girl is our own side, right? But our side is fucking terrified of us. Can we use that in C? Before the attack we say something like:

Attention please! Because I'm a sucker when it comes to pretty girls I have also taken on a request to get out alive and unharmed a girl that has for deeply stupid reasons taken in with the pirates we are attacking. But since it is possible I will be too busy killing pirates to also watch out for her, I wish it to be known that that girl is not to be harmed whatsoever. Anyone that does so is going to earn my possibly terminal displeasure. Thank you and good hunting!

Or words to that effect. Maybe add the phrase "rip out his spine" or something like that.

Baltika9

Arcane
Unfortunately you can't afford them.
I see what you did there. :lol: Shoplifting or conning?
Besides this sounds shady, the girl probably tells what she thinks is the truth, but maybe she doesn't know the whole truth.
This is just presumptive, we have no grounds for this sort of assumption. And besides, this is a simple case: whatever her reasons, a girl married a pirate and this girl wants to save her from the slaughter. She came to Jing for help, and I really don't want to turn her down in her time of need.
Besides, ratting her out to her parents is extremely UNBRO.

Esquilax

Arcane
Elfberserker, we aren't going to be fighting right off the bat. We will first negotiate with the pirates, then take it from there. Keep in mind that Qilin has also provided us with her special Five Poisons Powder, which would probably allow us to fight our way through the pirates relatively comfortably provided we manage to take the leader out of the fight.

I see no reason to support this girl. We may still be able to save her friend, but such is not a priority. I'm curious what taking the safe option gives us for once.

I guess a good reason could be that we don't have any competition from other pugilists once we get there. Plus, killing their leader on our own would provide a greater measure of fame, treasure and glory. Though, as you said, I see no reason to support her cause either.

It's going to be so awkward if it turns out that Miss Zhou's friend is married to the man whose head we're going to sever. :lol: treave, do we know which pirate her friend is married to?

I say that since we've decided to go big on the previous choice and accept this competition, we ought to place ourselves in the best possible position to win it. If we have a head start and we don't fear for any competition, and we utilize the ace up our sleeve in the form of Qilin's seizure poison, I think that we could be in a great position to score a victory.

A, but I could be convinced to flop to C.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
No, but she thinks if it was some important pirate bigwig it would have been mentioned in their last communication. Probably.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Elfberserker, we aren't going to be fighting right off the bat. We will first negotiate with the pirates, then take it from there. Keep in mind that Qilin has also provided us with her special Five Poisons Powder, which would probably allow us to fight our way through the pirates relatively comfortably provided we manage to take the leader out of the fight]

Didn't treave told us that we have choice how to approach the situation once we are there? "A. You agree and go along with her to meet the pirates before the mission begins. It will be extremely risky, but it will give you the chance to turn adversity into opportunity. You can decide what to do with the pirates after you set foot on the island – this will give you a headstart on the other pugilists anyway."

We could also slips some laxatives at their water/beer supply :D

This is just presumptive, we have no grounds for this sort of assumption. And besides, this is a simple case: whatever her reasons, a girl married a pirate and this girl wants to save her from the slaughter. She came to Jing for help, and I really don't want to turn her down in her time of need.
Besides, ratting her out to her parents is extremely UNBRO

True and Jing being the competitive person he is, would relish this challenge to test his skills. However we may take big rep hit with another school here and maybe pugilist world as whole.

Baltika9

Arcane
We could also slips some laxatives at their water/beer supply :D
Yes. We should, nay, must do that.
However we may take big rep hit with another school here and maybe pugilist world as whole.
We really won't be affected by it at this point. Our rep is already in the gutter, for now at least.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
We really won't be affected by it at this point. Our rep is already in the gutter, for now at least

True, but we actually do have positive relationship with one major sect and we do have friendly realitionship with couple of them. Only Songfeng school outright hate us and Huashan being little prick they are, shuns us for being more open mided towards tactics and outlook in life general. I would at laest leave on friendly note with Zhou manor

Esquilax

Arcane
However we may take big rep hit with another school here and maybe pugilist world as whole.

We've already put our reputation on the line by accepting the challenge to claim the pirate leader's head. We'll take a rep hit if one of these schools beats us to it, but our reputation, fame, and respect will actually increase if we're successful. I don't see how our rep could go down unless something disastrous, like Zhou's daughter getting killed, happens.

As for these guys liking/not liking us, nobody likes a loser, everybody loves a winner.

It just seems to me that A is more consistent with the challenge that we've just accepted. We want to take him out and it seems that A puts us in the best position to do that.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Baltika9 said:
Let's add yet another Sis to our menagerie
That's not a sis, that's a race traitor material. The girl just doesn't know right from wrong. "The pirates aren't that bad, they only pillage to survive". What the hell?

Still, I like A for the sheer shock value when the main forces will arrive only to find us standing atop the mountain of corpses. Sup, guise!

I can't really think of a way to protect the girls if we take the pirates head on, though. If we kill her husband, the girl we are supposed to save will be pissed to the point of attacking us. If we kill her, the girl who hired us is going to be pissed. And we can't really knock them out without harming them, either. It is a whole mess.

Though I guess that's why we carry the poison with us. Hmmm...

Baltika9

Arcane
KO our target and carry her out on our shoulders and spike the Pirates' supplies with laxatives on our way out. Problem solved. Again, as Esquilax said, we won't be going in there guns blazing tonight, so I see no reason why we can't take the stealthy approach.
That's not a sis, that's a race traitor material. The girl just doesn't know right from wrong. "The pirates aren't that bad, they only pillage to survive". What the hell?
Kinda how she approached Zhang's apprentice for help, "I can't judge him without knowing him, that would be unfair." Thegirl just has a very open mind. This presents possibilities.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Baltika9 said:
The girl just has a very open mind.
Condemning the operation to punish the pirates for their raids and possibly leading people who trusted her family to their deaths by warning their enemies is treachery, no matter how you slice it.

Baltika9 said:
KO our target and carry her out on our shoulders and spike the Pirates' supplies with laxatives on our way out.
And when will we take the leader's head?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom