Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
We can't really be called Zhang Jue's disciple if we can't swim all the way to the island, now can we?

Rex Feral

Prophet
We could steal a boat if it's short distance that can be reached by a small boat. Else we could threaten our way on a boat, kill someone to make a point, persuade ourselves on a boat and if all else fails, swimming is always an option.

Why bother stealing it? She's probably just buying a passage on a boat. So, once we get on board and set sail just throw her crazy ass overboard while still in harbour (though do get a description of her friend before that). What's she gonna do, tell her father? :lol:

I'm really hoping that the island in question is not just a small rock. It there is some jungle on it and we get them to chase us we could pick them off one by one, predator style. Of course, we would have to seriously piss them off and make their retreat impossible at the same time, like say, burning down their ships while we still have the element of surprise.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I'm sure you are all great navigators and sailors who brave the seven seas by only the light of Polaris, but that doesn't mean your character is one.

Anyway, work taking longer than expected, update will probably only be out tomorrow.

Wait, this girl will navigate us there? How does she even know where the island is? I though she would also be hiring an experienced skipper to get us there.

Also, :( about there not being an update today. How can you take your personal life and livelihood over updating this LP ?!

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm sure you are all great navigators and sailors who brave the seven seas by only the light of Polaris, but that doesn't mean your character is one.

Anyway, work taking longer than expected, update will probably only be out tomorrow.
Nah, we gonna paint the boat in the colour of bling, lure pirates to it, and then steal THEIR boat while they have to stay afloat on a boat with a fucked up rudder and a few fist sized holes in the bottom.

Rex Feral

Prophet
Come on, while stealing a ship we would have thought about kidnapping an experienced skipper to guide us there. It's time we put the MAXIMUM FUCK in this thread.

Kashmir Slippers

Magister
Yeah, lets take on a dangerous mission that we totally don't have to do. It is not like we have our personal honor at stake with another challenge that we accepted last update...

:M

Baltika9

Arcane
That's the cool part about this:
A. You agree and go along with her to meet the pirates before the mission begins. It will be extremely risky, but it will give you the chance to turn adversity into opportunity. You can decide what to do with the pirates after you set foot on the island – this will give you a headstart on the other pugilists anyway.
We can prepare the island for the assault and sabotage the pirates while we're on that island, tipping the scales in our favor.

Esquilax

Arcane
We can prepare the island for the assault and sabotage the pirates while we're on that island, tipping the scales in our favor.

That's a lot of stuff. I mean, sabotage the ships, kill their leader, rescue Miss Zhou's friend and her husband... how will we do all of that?

Bros, after sleeping on it, the mission here doesn't seem nearly as awesome as it used to. I think it comes down to taking on too many obligations. Consider what will happen if we come into the island right now, look at what our goals will be:

(1) take the pirate leader's head
(2) save Miss Zhou's friend and her husband

If it were just one of these goals, I'd be fine with it, but we can't just accept a challenge then fuck off and do something else. We've put our reputation on the line such that if we lose, our respect in the pugilistic world plummets because we lost to a bunch of no-name schools that weren't even present at the tournament. I initially thought that this would be an opportunity to get a head start and take out the pirate leader before the rest of the pugilists arrive, but we'd have to accomplish both goals while we're there, which seems a bit impossible given the number of pirates. Killing a hundred pirates might be trivial for the likes of Master Zhang, but we're not there yet.

Having your cake and eating at rarely seems to work out in these LP's, and I think that this is quickly becoming a good example of that. I am not okay with alerting the pirates and giving them advance warning just to save one person when we have 122 pugilists putting their lives on the line as well. I mean, if we'd chosen C in the previous choice, this little excursion might be a good idea because we wouldn't have the extra condition of taking the pirate leader's head, but now we have to.

Flopping to C, but I could flop back to A.

Baltika9

Arcane
We're not saving the friend's husband, though, don't know where people are getting that from.
And I'm pretty sure that between the three of them, our team will come up with something. Even getting a general idea of the base's layout or poisoning their leader with Quilin's special will suffice.

Nevill

Arcane
Baltika9 said:
We're not saving the friend's husband, though, don't know where people are getting that from.
We're not saving the girl either, but you don't know this yet. :D

Wait, her husband? Who cares about him? I barely care abut the pirate girl - just grab her and drag her away. I think the primary targets must be their ships - if we damage those they are stuck here. Secondary targets are the boss and the girl. If we take one of those we just have to worry about the other when the cavalry arrives. Oh, and targets of opportunity are well, everyone. The more pirates we take out the easier work our allies have when they show up.

Nevill

Arcane
If we take out their leader and their means of retreating, they might just surrender. I don't know whether the pugilists will accept it, but it is another plan on how the girl can be saved, if we would actually bother to save her.

Baltika9

Arcane
If it were just one of these goals, I'd be fine with it, but we can't just accept a challenge then fuck off and do something else. We've put our reputation on the line such that if we lose, our respect in the pugilistic world plummets because we lost to a bunch of no-name schools that weren't even present at the tournament. I initially thought that this would be an opportunity to get a head start and take out the pirate leader before the rest of the pugilists arrive, but we'd have to accomplish both goals while we're there, which seems a bit impossible given the number of pirates. Killing a hundred pirates might be trivial for the likes of Master Zhang, but we're not there yet.

Having your cake and eating at rarely seems to work out in these LP's, and I think that this is quickly becoming a good example of that. I am not okay with alerting the pirates and giving them advance warning just to save one person when we have 122 pugilists putting their lives on the line as well. I mean, if we'd chosen C in the previous choice, this little excursion might be a good idea because we wouldn't have the extra condition of taking the pirate leader's head, but now we have to.
It's just as simple as this: we take a risk and I feel pretty confident that taking said risk is the best thing to do in this situation. We get a chance to set up the battlefield to our advantage in A, even if it is something completely minor like memorizing the layout of the island and the captain's location, or spiking their supplies with laxatives or what have you. Are we going to turn this into a Rambo-style sabotage? Probably not, if we want our trio to make it off the island alive (I'm not even mentioning the friend we're asked to save at that point). But it lts us increase our chances of victory in the challenge, definitely.
That, and I really love Jing's "grumpy helper" streak, a hot babe just asked us to save another hot babe on a balls-out daring raid to an island full of pirates that we can fuck with at our discretion. The planning is up to us, she provides the boat and the happy ending.

Are we going to "get our cake and eat it too?" Probably not, but we definitely can make some sabotage on the island, just enough to help tilt it in our favor, and rescue the girl. If the above two points aren't enough to hold your interest, well, I've got nothing.

Nevill

Arcane
Baltika9 said:
Are we going to turn this into a Rambo-style sabotage? Probably not, if we want our trio to make it off the island alive (I'm not even mentioning the friend we're asked to save at that point).
Hey, put the two of them on a bus boat and let them steer away from the island. Then help yourself.

Baltika9 said:
That, and I really love Jing's "grumpy helper" streak, a hot babe just asked us to save another hot babe on a balls-out daring raid to an island full of pirates that we can fuck with at our discretion.
This is quickly turning from 'all the loot you can carry' into 'all the chicks you can carry' type of the mission.

Baltika9 said:
The planning is up to us, she provides the nice boat ending.
Fixed it for you.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
This is quickly turning from 'all the loot you can carry' into 'all the chicks you can carry' type of the mission.
We did sign up for the mission to take back pirate booty.

Hey, put the two of them on a bus boat and let them steer away form the island. Then help yourself.
Exactly. Neither of them are likely to posses skills to help us and the girl will probably be an active liability. So, the moment we hit land the two of them should either hide with the boat, or if that is not possible take off again. We can give them a signal or set a time when they should return - if they should return at all, we can always hitch a ride back home with the task force. I have no wish to have them wandering around the island alone and we will be too busy to take care of them ourselves.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Yeah, I'm sure miss self-determination will wait in the boat like a good girl. :M

What she likes and what she's going to get are two different things. If she can't be reasoned with, tie her up and have our scholar sit on her.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Uh-huh. That'll look REAL good when the invasion force lands and papa determination sees his daughter tied up and Rong's boys start shouting that we kidnapped her to sell to the pirates. Oh, and just how are we supposed to recognize this girl without her? Will she paint us a rendering? "The pirate-looking girl." won't cut it if there is more han one.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
That, and I really love Jing's "grumpy helper" streak, a hot babe just asked us to save another hot babe on a balls-out daring raid to an island full of pirates that we can fuck with at our discretion. The planning is up to us, she provides the boat and the happy ending.

Are we going to "get our cake and eat it too?" Probably not, but we definitely can make some sabotage on the island, just enough to help tilt it in our favor, and rescue the girl. If the above two points aren't enough to hold your interest, well, I've got nothing.

How can you be sure that the merchant girl is hot? With our luck, she is ugly piece of fat turd with dick:troll:. Then again maybe Jing likes that about women:smug:.

But seriously, we should think what kind of approach we should take when we arrive on the island.

Options:
1. Stealth mode. At minimum we should at least scout the area without giving our presence away. If we find good opportunity, then we should save the girl so we are cool with boat girl but if not then too bad. Poisoning supplies with laxatives, I am hesitating about using lethal poison since small army of orthodox fighters are coming soon and I don't want Tigerbro have stigma of poisoner. At least pirates having stomach problems could be mistaken as disease, Because mass death of pirates due disease sounds little too convenient before the schools launch their attack. I am against killing their leader and burning their boats before the schools arrive.

Scouting the Area is a must, anything else is secondary.

2. Diplomacy mode.
We present our interest in joining with their gang, surely they can't be thinking that appearance of vicious murderer is actually ally with orthodox schools.

3. Slaughter mode.
We try to reduce their numbers quitly one by one, before alerts sound and slaughtering begins.

Baltika9

Arcane
Uh-huh. That'll look REAL good when the invasion force lands and papa determination sees his daughter tied up and Rong's boys start shouting that we kidnapped her to sell to the pirates. Oh, and just how are we supposed to recognize this girl without her?
Only we're kinda planning to be gone by dawn and the expedition will arrive after dusk of the next day. Unless we royally fuck up and are forced to stay on the island past through the whole day, but at that point we have bigger problems. :lol:

Uh-huh. That'll look REAL good when the invasion force lands and papa determination sees his daughter tied up and Rong's boys start shouting that we kidnapped her to sell to the pirates. Oh, and just how are we supposed to recognize this girl without her?
Who cares, even if she is still around when the task force gets here. She's in enough trouble for sneaking off with us (and so are we). Nobody will care about us tying her up as well - hell, her old man will probably thank us for keeping her crazy ass out of even more trouble. As for recognizing our target, I don't know, how are we supposed to recognize her in the C choice? There probably aren't that many female pirates on this island and even less han female pirates. Maybe get some description from miss suicide mission before going in.

Nevill

Arcane
What about keeping the guy's daughter alive? What happens if she gets killed? We'll probably be accused of kidnapping her and with her dead there will be no one to refute it. All the pugilists will hate us and attack us. Also, what happens if her friend doesn't want to be "saved" from her new life as a pirate? What if she rats us out to the pirates in order to warn them of the attack? Can we really handle an entire army of pirates on our own?
Yeah, I'm sure miss self-determination will wait in the boat like a good girl.
I'm telling you, Lambchop19, knocking people out is the answer to all of your problems. KO your employer, KO the girl you are supposed to save (get a description and a name from our employer first so that you can verify our target is indeed the right one), and you are all set.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom