Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] 傳

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Zero Credibility Arcane

Zero Credibility
    Exactly. Neither of them are likely to posses skills to help us and the girl will probably be an active liability. So, the moment we hit land the two of them should either hide with the boat, or if that is not possible take off again. We can give them a signal or set a time when they should return - if they should return at all, we can always hitch a ride back home with the task force. I have no wish to have them wandering around the island alone and we will be too busy to take care of them ourselves.

^ Top  
  2. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Yeah, I'm sure miss self-determination will wait in the boat like a good girl. :M

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Zero Credibility Arcane

Zero Credibility
    What she likes and what she's going to get are two different things. If she can't be reasoned with, tie her up and have our scholar sit on her.

^ Top  
  4. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Uh-huh. That'll look REAL good when the invasion force lands and papa determination sees his daughter tied up and Rong's boys start shouting that we kidnapped her to sell to the pirates. Oh, and just how are we supposed to recognize this girl without her? Will she paint us a rendering? "The pirate-looking girl." won't cut it if there is more han one.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    How can you be sure that the merchant girl is hot? With our luck, she is ugly piece of fat turd with dick:troll:. Then again maybe Jing likes that about women:smug:.

But seriously, we should think what kind of approach we should take when we arrive on the island.

Options:
    1. Stealth mode. At minimum we should at least scout the area without giving our presence away. If we find good opportunity, then we should save the girl so we are cool with boat girl but if not then too bad. Poisoning supplies with laxatives, I am hesitating about using lethal poison since small army of orthodox fighters are coming soon and I don't want Tigerbro have stigma of poisoner. At least pirates having stomach problems could be mistaken as disease, Because mass death of pirates due disease sounds little too convenient before the schools launch their attack. I am against killing their leader and burning their boats before the schools arrive.

Scouting the Area is a must, anything else is secondary.

2. Diplomacy mode.
    We present our interest in joining with their gang, surely they can't be thinking that appearance of vicious murderer is actually ally with orthodox schools.

3. Slaughter mode.
    We try to reduce their numbers quitly one by one, before alerts sound and slaughtering begins.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Only we're kinda planning to be gone by dawn and the expedition will arrive after dusk of the next day. Unless we royally fuck up and are forced to stay on the island past through the whole day, but at that point we have bigger problems. :lol:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Zero Credibility Arcane

Zero Credibility
    Who cares, even if she is still around when the task force gets here. She's in enough trouble for sneaking off with us (and so are we). Nobody will care about us tying her up as well - hell, her old man will probably thank us for keeping her crazy ass out of even more trouble. As for recognizing our target, I don't know, how are we supposed to recognize her in the C choice? There probably aren't that many female pirates on this island and even less han female pirates. Maybe get some description from miss suicide mission before going in.

^ Top  
  8. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    I'm telling you, Lambchop19, knocking people out is the answer to all of your problems. KO your employer, KO the girl you are supposed to save (get a description and a name from our employer first so that you can verify our target is indeed the right one), and you are all set.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    I vote for KOing everyone we meet from now on.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  10. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Kashmir Slippers - C
    Baltika9 - A
    Nevill - A
    XenomorphII - A > C
    Kipeci - A
    Zero Credibility - C
    Smashing Axe - C
    Esquilax - C
    Jester - C
    Stygian Lurker - C
    Ifeex - A > C
    Ganymede - A
    Tigranes - A
    ERYFKRAD - C
    Lambchop19 - D
    Elfberserker - A
    Rex Feral - A
    TOME - A

A - 10
    C - 7
    D - 1

^ Top  
  11. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Out of curiosity, what sign was Miss Zhou born under?

^ Top  
  12. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    What's the most gullible animal? I bet she's that.

Predicting her friend's a manipulative evil woman who kept her as a contact because of her powerful position.

That or she's married to the bandit chief. Or both.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Something tells me she's also a tiger, she has the daring and recklesness for it. I'm just waiting on a confirmation to start calling her Tigersis.

^ Top  
  14. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Voting C

Fuck her crazy ideas, we got a mission and we will stick to it and possibly help the girl, and that's that.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Yeah, if it's not too late, I'll go C as well.

^ Top  
  16. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    Thinking over the night I flop to C

^ Top  
  17. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    way to extend this even further than needed

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    C should be winning though if Elf flopped from A

^ Top  
  19. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    I thought that was the final tally and the votes were locked in.

P.S.: I hate you all.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  20. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    On the bright side you can always blame Azira.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    It just won't cut it, blaming him alone. My butthurt is too intense to be limited to just one person.

^ Top  
  22. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    I was wanting to live in the wilderness of the island for a few days off of whatever livers we could acquire, now we'll have to make do with whatever rations are provided.

^ Top  
  23. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    That was actually meant to be the final tally. Oh well. Let's go with C then aka exactly what Bai Jiutian would have done.

*junks pirate ninja update*

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Nah, Bai Jiutian would be too concerned about ruining his hairdo to do anything.

^ Top  
  25. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Actually, Bj would do the same thing for different reasons. He'd do it for chivalry and/or chauvinism; one of the reasons we're doing it is to have her out of the way.
    Ohshit she's totally gonna find some way to turn this on us.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.