Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Kipeci

Arcane
So, you think it will help us to get into a group of assassins by swearing to take the pirate leader's head on our honor and then stabbing our allies in the back when it turns out that pirates also have kids?

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Well, if noone takes the pirate's head, noone can claim they've beaten Jing. Jing's already won the "get to the leader first" part. :M

Semantics. A guild of assassins would probably appreciate someone who's discreet about his actual kills, rather than some loud, boastful type.

"But you haven't killed anyone of note!"
"Why, do you know who I've actually killed? Heard of any?"
"...No"
"Exactly. The death I deal remains undetected. I would be a poor assassin if I left clues, would I not?"

And then demonstrate some skill with paralytic poison, just to fuck with the poor twat who doubts Jing. :troll:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
About that, the Orthodox world will never really love us in our entirety, that ship has long since sailed (somewhere between going unorthodox, killing Junior, vecoming Zhang's apprentice and being a total jackass at the tournament) and honestly, why do we want the respect of those hypocrites?

Remember that orthodox schools has people with very varied backgrounds. Miecou was bandit before becoming Enmei nun, Current abbot has always been hard drinking and womanizer, head of beggar sect was former prince and current head of wudang had some experience in brothels. Who knows what kind of temptetations most people have succumbed. I doubt that they will ever idolize us, but having warm or even friendly relationships isn't impossible. Some orthodox people may even be very understanding towards us or at laest try to have friendly relationship or sympathetic like Yifang.

At the very least, the Minamori will make for better and more dependable friends, someone to whom we can come to at any time if we have problems, and seek shelter/assistance (not to mention Shun would love to have them). The ninja uncle's tutelage is also a rather unique opportunity, I don't think Japanese tutelage is something we'll find in the near future without going out of our way.

Minamori seem to be honorable and I have no doubt that they try to uphold their word, but their own survival always comes before everything else and in grand scheme of things they are minor player.
Yes Ninja tutelage is unique opportunity, but to my mind it's not worth the risk. We have good relationship with beggars and may very well be able to get access to their informative networks, if we improve our relationship with them and to losing that chance is not worth for one good technique or two. Not to mention having bad reputation with such big player like orthodoxs sex makes our life difficult in our journey.

Lastly, and this geys into moral fag teritorry, but it just seems douchey and completely un-Jing to allow a massacre to happen that will kill men, women and leave the children orphaned and/or dead in a few weeks (here's an idea, let's send them to Master Zhang's Tropical Summer Fun Camp and have him open a school :lol: ) and the assaulting pugilists, bottom line is the pirates know what the fuck they're doing in regards to tactics; kill such a cool guy like the clan leader and remove a useful security system from the province.

You are partially right about those being un-jing like qualities, but Jing hasn't never been one to shy away from doing what is necessity to help Shu. If Jing thinks that having good connections with orthodox schools is what needs to be done to help Shu then he will do it, women and children comes distant second place before his loyalty. Then again the opposite is true between choosing pirates and orthodox schools. ( I am quiet sure that children are delighted at seeing tigers under Zhang's caring arms :D, who knows it may even become new trend in the empire.)

Between these guys and every other gang, they are the lesser evil by far, like an old-school Mafia family that takes over a district and pushes all the drug dealers and violent criminals out. There will always be crime and piracy, but I'd rather have them be doing it than anyone else, at least until Shun comes and gets them.

They are still pirates to orthodox schools and rest of the empire. It might not be so bad, if orthodox schools didn't so loudly announce their plan to get rid of the pirates and we wouldn't have such high profile at attempt to negotiate for benefit of pirates. Let's remember that orthodox schools are always ready to defend people, when they get money to do so. Honestly piracy wouldn't be a problem, if the prefect would use the goddammed navy.

Throwing all of that away in exchange for what? A good word in from a pissant orthodox school? Huehueshan won't buy it, BJ won't stop being a dick, the little conspiracy they're planning won't change and the Frathouse won't really care (I daresay they would rather the Coalition be alive). If that means taking a rep hit, so be it. We can take it. Because we are the hero China deserves, but not the one it needs right now. And our hour will come, and in the meanwhile let the haters hate and the bros bro.

Hueshan is only one of great orthodox sect and we aren't in such bad relationship that couldn't be recovered at least mutually neutrally respective, besides we kind of shamed them with stripping one of their so student in very public tournament, they didn't start to dislike us right away. BJ is just one person in the sect and not worth to burn bridges with entire sect, besides he has done nothing outrageous against us. It was our appearance as Southern maniac that piqued his interest, It was our stripping of flower of huashan that earned his ire, it was his pride and duty as pugilist to prove he is the best fighter around and to be honest we want to be best one there is, so naturally some kind of rivalry would be born, unorthodox path or not.

Being on good terms with sects could also open doors to their inner circle, where the conspiracy could potentially be in making. There is never harm to have inside man of our own, who could potentially inform about conspirators or at least give us decent leads.

Frathouseboys might not care, but their disciplines will care and the current leaders won't be alive forever. It would be good chance to improve our reputation with grunts,middlebosses and future leaders with this act. We have already good relationship with beggars, nice start with shaolin and wudang, Emmei, kunlun and other sects are not far away from being at least warm or friendly relationship. Heck even Huashan aren't beyond of no return.

I say that one clan is minor gain compared to rest of great sects and number of smaller schools, even if we get ninja master to teach us a techique or two.

We must also consider that while "bad" reputation closes some doors, it opens others: we can most likely make a bid to join the Black Dragon Society and get closer to the WiBs (and fix Scholarbro's "in love with a prostitute" problem, one way or the other), amd perhaps the Wudu Cult would appreciate our wiley ways.

True, but do we have the will to use those doors? So far we haven't even used laxatives during our journal. I doubt that we will use assassins and deadly poison even if we have a chance, but I have no doubt in my mind that we would use orthodox warriors if we could or at least the doors that will open due friendly realitionships.

That being said I flop to C > B

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
True, but do we have the will to use those doors? So far we haven't even used laxatives during our journal. I doubt that we will use assassins and deadly poison even if we have a chance,
As a matter of fact, yes we did use laxatives in Quingcheng to disable the guards and let us get to Yao's cell. And we'd be total morons not to join the BDS if given the chance. That's where our lead on the WiBs is, so I'd say it should be our focus.
Remember that orthodox schools has people with very varied backgrounds. Miecou was bandit before becoming Enmei nun, Current abbot has always been hard drinking and womanizer, head of beggar sect was former prince and current head of wudang had some experience in brothels. Who knows what kind of temptetations most people have succumbed. I doubt that they will ever idolize us, but having warm or even friendly relationships isn't impossible. Some orthodox people may even be very understanding towards us or at laest try to have friendly realitionship like Yifang.
Those are their hidden perosnas, the have very different public faces. The Abbot is a very strict man to his disciples, kicks them out for failiures to live up to his sect's standarts (hypocrite, basically), Miecao was a bandit queen that accepted the vows to get her ass out of trouble, the covnersion wasn't sincere. And she practices nepotism with her granddaughters.
Point is, they can't really support us publically but they can do so privately. I'd rather we use our position to weed out the conspiracy from the unorthodox side of the owrld, while they do so from their end with the Kunlun and Huehueshan.

Also, like I said preciously, a massacre and creating orphans isn't worth the approval of self-centered assholes. Are they always willing to help? Well, yeah, that's their claim to power and the reason they have the Empire in a stranglehold right now. They will never be friends with the Empire, or hand over their influence, they are much too powerful for that. Why serve when you can rule?

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Walls of text, lots of speculations. Yeah, this is the DISCUSS I know and love.

I'll probably answer the points of Elfberserker on a case-by-case basis. Starting wtih 'the Beggars won't love us anymore', because it irks me the most.

Elfberserker said:
We have good relationship with beggars and may very well be able to get access to their informative networks, if we improve our relationship with them and to losing that chance is not worth for one good technique or two.
What did we do for Beggars to get in their good graces? Where does our good name come from? That's right, the only reason Beggars like us is because Qi Liuwu likes us. He tells the others what to make of our actions.

What will Qi Liuwu think about our deeds? Without our intervention, the bunch of losers that couldn't even be bothered to send a scout ahead of them would have been slaughtered by tomorrow. We saved a bunch of people, single-handedly solved the problem of the raids that otherwise required a hundred of fighters to solve, got a crapload of money in the process, and didn't have to kill a single person for it. Clearly, this will earn us his utter contempt.

Well, he might get jealous.

If anything, this will make a good material for another drunken tale along the lines of "the apprentice defends his beautiful physician".

Elfberserker

Liturgist
[QUOTEA]s a matter of fact, yes we did use laxatives in Quingcheng to disable the guards and let us get to Yao's cell[/QUOTE]

I had forgotten all about that, but I still doubt that we will use fatal poisons and assassins even when doing so would be best course

And we'd be total morons not to join the BDS if given the chance. That's where our lead on the WiBs is, so I'd say it should be our focus

Even with our reputation after peace negotiations, I doubt that BDS will let us join their gang without a test. Do we even want to join their society and take more responsibilities as member of said society? it's two way street with schools and pupils.

Those are their hidden perosnas, the have very different public faces. The Abbot is a very strict man to his disciples, kicks them out for failiures to live up to his sect's standarts (hypocrite, basically), Miecao was a bandit queen that accepted the vows to get her ass out of trouble, the covnersion wasn't sincere. And she practices nepotism with her granddaughters

Yet they can help more, if we allow their public faces that option. As you said they have very different public faces than hidden personals, I have no doubt that some students have their own. Hell even BJ may have secret personas, which he really doesn't want rest of the world see. (even thought BJ will still be dick, even if he has more unorthodox qualities than he has shown.)

As Miecou practicing nepotism, i think we could hardly called it nepotism. Yifang isn't in position of power even if she is highly skilled in swordsmanship and so far Cao'er just had been allowed to tag along. We still don't know what she has learned there.
Point is, they can't really support us publically but they can do so privately. I'd rather we use our position to weed out the conspiracy from the unorthodox side of the owrld, while they do so from their end with the Kunlun and Huehueshan

They can support us publically, if we have reputation that allows it and that is bigger help than private one. We could get access to beggar's information network, more techniques, more personal allies. Actually they can't really weed out conspiracy from Kunlun and Hueshan sects, since they have no real authority, influence perhaps but no real authority. Furthermore we still don't know their true motives, only that they hope to find worthier replacements at heads of school than they currently have and we have no idea who those are. We could makings things easier for new heads to approach us by improving our reputation.

As for unorthodox world, I don't know how they approach a known backstabber. Maybe they respect our balls to flip the bird against orthodox. Maybe they are we end up backstapping them, even if unorthodox is seedier side of martial arts world. We would defninately need more allies on unorthodox world, but I am not comfortable for us to actually join any of their sects. Cooperation, yes but joining? No, Personally I want to keep our somewhat limited freedom since we have been free for so long expect for our duty to our prince and our fear of Zhang.

Also, like I said preciously, a massacre and creating orphans isn't worth the approval of self-centered assholes. Are they always willing to help? Well, yeah, that's their claim to power and the reason they have the Empire in a stranglehold right now. They will never be friends with the Empire, or hand over their influence, they are much too powerful for that. Why serve when you can rule?

The empire is in stranglehold, because of it's own corruption and incompetence. You can't really blame for orthodox for stepping up to protect people. Furthermore each sect have different relationship with empire , why do you think that Shu gaves us only Hueshan, Wudang, Shaolin and Beggars sect as choices to go learn? There is good reasons that orthodox sect has as much as power on land as it does now, namely corrupted and incompetent empire, but I don't see how empire under shu and orthodox schools couldn't be on friendly terms.

I am not sure they want to rule as rulers of whole china. They seems to have much rivalry between them since they do competent against each other, not to mention there seems to bit friction between head of huasha and wudang,shaolin, beggars and Enmei. They are far too disunited for to have power to rule even from shadow and even single or couple of orthodox schools aren't powerful enough to oppose empire and rest of schools.

As for massacre and creating orphans. Why do you think that unorthodox world offers better choices in moral meter? If you think that most orthodox are self-centered assholes, then you are in shock for unorthodox world. Yao being such cool guy, still put poison mark on 13-year-old boy for making him pay for treatmen, Zhang Jue was ready rip our own arm for getting poison out of his way so he could be kidnap as for his appearance, Yao takes a life for everytime he saves one, Zhang Jue's appearances normally last about six months before dying and he was about ready to kill Yao, cao'er and Emmei nuns without without thinking about it twice. If you are worried about saving innocent lives, then unorthodox world is wrong place to do so.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Next thing.

Elfberserker said:
Current grandmasters are pretty old and don't have lot of years anymore, If we are only feared now then we will be despised and feared after we negotiad for pirates. Personally I admit that I still can't fathom how much deeper in the shit we have to face, if we negotiate.
I do not share you opinion that the current course of actions will make us universally hated by the orthodox world. Yes, the guys with a stick up their asses (Huashans) will despise us, for they can not even comprehend talking to a pirate. But why would you lump the whole orthodox world with them? We participated in the hunt to stop the pirates and to put an end to the raids, and we will do so. That we also avoided casualties on both sides while doing so will earn us points with a more reasonable and open-minded folks. This is Songfeng all over again, where people's opinions about us will be radically divided. Fortunately, we have people in the highest echelons of pugilistic world who would actually approve of our actions and can put a right spin on them, especially Qi Luiwu and his omnipresent Beggars. We have not backstabbed the pugilists (despite what they might think on the matter), we did not ally with the pirates to kill them all - in fact, we did not actually commit a single undisputably heinous act. Yes, we have taken a 'hostage' - but the hostage is perfectly willing and will actually be arguing for our cause. Yes, we 'warned' the pirates to the pugilists' arrival, but since no battle will occur, it will end up saving their lives. And as for our ultimate goal in this mission, well:
Baltika9 said:
There will always be crime and piracy, but I'd rather have them be doing it than anyone else, at least until Shun comes and gets them.
I don't agree with the 'always' part. I think we should try and force the city to sign a trading agreement with Wo, thus putting an end to the raids. The situation here is too volatile to let things continue as they did. If the raids end, the pugilists can go about their business while still saving face and blaming us for the interference. Should there be a single raid after we are done with the place, the whole thing will start anew, and we'll just end up taking a reputation hit for nothing. I mean, it is not a contract to sell your firstborn, how hard can it be for Miss Zhou to negotiate this stuff?

Bottom line is, we will finish the job we signed up for - we will ensure the people's safety. I don't think everyone will condemn us for it (the minor schools that gathered here would, because they would never admit they were underprepared to battle pirates, and they'll blame us for botching their operation - but fuck these losers). And if our methods turn out not to everyone's liking - well, too bad. We have been hearing this for a while now, might as well get used to it.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
I had forgotten all about that, but I still doubt that we will use fatal poisons and assassins even when doing so would be best course
Now you're just speculating and deciding for others. I can do that too, but it doesn't make it right. Poisoning is a tad tasteless, but I could go for it if the situation calls, and I'm definitely down for using our ninja-taught stealth to Chuzan Fist some saps through the skull to weed out this conspiracy. The beggars can already support us with information, covertly, and the Frathouse already is on our side. We will never become a champion of the orthodox world, but what we can do is become a very big person in the unorthodox world.
I don't agree with the 'always' part.
I meant is more as a 'fact of life,' there always was and always is crime.

Nevill

Arcane
Elfberserker said:
You are partially right about those being un-jing like qualities, but Jing hasn't never been one to shy away from doing what is necessity to help Shu. If Jing thinks that having good connections with orthodox schools is what needs to be done to help Shu then he will do it, women and children comes distant second place before his loyalty.
And since when Jing does think that good relationships with orthodox sects are a necessity? Why did he follow the unorthodox path then?

Elfberserker said:
Remember that orthodox schools has people with very varied backgrounds. Miecou was bandit before becoming Enmei nun, Current abbot has always been hard drinking and womanizer, head of beggar sect was former prince and current head of wudang had some experience in brothels. Who knows what kind of temptetations most people have succumbed. I doubt that they will ever idolize us, but having warm or even friendly relationships isn't impossible. Some orthodox people may even be very understanding towards us or at laest try to have friendly relationship or sympathetic like Yifang.
I don't think we will ever have friendly relationships with orthodox sects, except for Beggars, who just appear not to give a damn about anything. It is much more worthwhile to make friends with people, not with sects. We have a good relationship with Yifang and the Abbess, but the Emei still have negative feelings towards us. We are best buddies with Guo Fu, but Wudang as a whole are neutral. People who have bothered to get to know us personally have found out that Jing isn't a spawn of Satan, but a rather kind soul, if a bit mischievous. As for those who would not give us a chance - well, fuck them, too.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

A2 doesn't sound that bad to me now that treave answered my question. I'm just not sure that it's the right choice given that we already staked ours and the Songfeng's honor on killing this guy. I think they'll be out for blood no matter what we do here. Could be wrong, but I just think they are morons and are bound to mess things up since we didn't fight them before. Then again, it may be worth a shot. My vote is still B>C, but if enough of you bros want A2, then we can see where that leads us.

Nevill

Arcane
I meant is more as a 'fact of life,' there always was and always is crime.
Well, you did equate them with mobsters, that confused me. I mean, they are pirates, but they won't be anymore once we are done with them. If only it would be that easy to get rid of criminal gangs.

Elfberserker said:
They are still pirates to orthodox schools and rest of the empire. It might not be so bad, if orthodox schools didn't so loudly announce their plan to get rid of the pirates and we wouldn't have such high profile at attempt to negotiate for benefit of pirates. Let's remember that orthodox schools are always ready to defend people, when they get money to do so. Honestly piracy wouldn't be a problem, if the prefect would use the goddammed navy.
Well, if the pugilists wanted to protect the people, they can rejoice. Sign the treaty, and the people will no longer be in danger. This is a very easy way out for them.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
What did we do for Beggars to get in their good graces? Where does our good name come from? That's right, the only reason Beggars like us is because Qi Liuwu likes us. He tells the others what to make of our actions.What will Qi Liuwu think about our deeds? Without our intervention, the bunch of losers that couldn't even be bothered to send a scout ahead of them would have been slaughtered by tomorrow. We saved a bunch of people, single-handedly solved the problem of the raids that otherwise required a hundred of fighters to solve, got a crapload of money in the process, and didn't have to kill a single person for it. Clearly, this will earn us his utter contempt.

Well, he might get jealous.

If anything, this will make a good material for another drunken tale along the lines of "the apprentice defends his beautiful physician"

We were lucky to meet Qi Liuwu as we did and had Yao vouch for our trustworthiness, but then again it's irrelevant in this situation.
I do not share your optimism that we surely can finish negotiations, without one side of hurting other but neither do I deny the possibility it to happen. However beggars can only work the material that we provide them, if we were to say threatening to kill a hostage or fight against them then Qi Liuwu has very hard time to soften the punch and rest of beggars may not share the same open mindness than their grandmaster towards us does. As head of beggar sect Qi Liuwu has pretty big authority which spin they put their rumors, but there is a small chance that council of beggars have veto power over such huge news. Of course, once again I am speculating without a proof.

If everything goes successful during peace negotiation then we made very good choices with lot of benefits with some loses, but only if we are successful and I am afraid that Miss zhou and our 8 cha and 5 speech skills may be not enough. I am sure that Qi Liuwu does trust us and try to help us, but there is so much he can do, if the peace negotiations turns to beat orthodox with a stick. Then again he has good material to work if we are successful.

I do not share you opinion that the current course of actions will make us universally hated by the orthodox world. Yes, the guys with a stick up their asses (Huashans) will despise us, for they can not even comprehend talking to a pirate. But why would you lump the whole orthodox world with them?We participated in the hunt to stop the pirates and to put an end to the raids, and we will do so. That we also avoided casualties on both sides while doing so will earn us points with a more reasonable and open-minded folks. This is Songfeng all over again, where people's opinions about us will be radically divided. Fortunately, we have people in the highest echelons of pugilistic world who would actually approve of our actions and can put a right spin on them, especially Qi Luiwu and his omnipresent Beggars. We have not backstabbed the pugilists (despite what they might think on the matter), we did not ally with the pirates to kill them all - in fact, we did not actually commit a single undisputably heinous act. Yes, we have taken a 'hostage' - but the hostage is perfectly willing and will actually be arguing for our cause. Yes, we 'warned' the pirates to the pugilists' arrival, but since no battle will occur, it will end up saving their lives.

There are many ways that peace negotiations can end and send the world wrong message depending how they go. If it's total failure as in we end up fighting orthodox sects then they think we allied with pirates because we want gold and apparently hate orthodox schools. If we use hostage then we get two kinds of rumors. First is that we used the daughter as hostage to help despicable pirates to turn back orthodox schools without bloodshed for gold, in the second one we and beautiful daughter of Zhou manor see blight of these noble pirates and put daring show to bring peace and safety to the city. In the third one where we don't have to use hostage plan is that we are pretty much local saint for pulling diplomatic solution out of our ass.

Friendly grandmasters and rest of sects listen what they hear and make their own judgment about our actions for good as well as the bad. It's difficult to predict what kind of effect the rumors would have, since we only met them once or twice. However I am sure that at laest Qi Liuwe and Micao try their best to persuade Shaolin and Wudang guy that we did it for right reasons.

All I can say that I fear uncertain result of the negotiations and possibility for having reputation as backstabber. We accepted challenge to bring head of the pirate leader and with that we signed up fighting pirates, depending how negotiations go through people will understand and praise us for preventing bloodbath our or despise us as utterly amoral backstabber.

I don't agree with the 'always' part. I think we should try and force the city to sign a trading agreement with Wo, thus putting an end to the raids. The situation here is too volatile to let things continue as they did. If the raids end, the pugilists can go on their business while still saving face and blaming us for the intermission. Should there be a single raid after we are done with the place, the whole thing will start anew, and we'll just end up taking a reputation hit for nothing. I mean, it is not a contract to sell your firstborn, how hard can it be for Miss Zhou to negotiate this stuff?

We can't force city do anything, but we may attempt to push influence persons of power that can such as the brothel. But then again it's a gamble for good cause, but still a gamble. I also have reservations about Miss Zhou's ability in the diplomacy. She may have some skill with words as part of her training as member of master family, but I think her main focus lies in martial arts but once again I am speculating. There is also one more thing that I think we have overlooked, the merchant girl. The merchan girl may be the missing key in our attempts to start trading again using diplomacy or help us in negotiating peace deal. Now I don't make any claims about her abilities, but she does have certain amount of influence if she is daughter of one bigger merchant companies and training in haggling, speaking and signing contracts.

Bottom line is, we will finish the job we signed up for - we will ensure the people's safety. I don't think everyone will condemn us for it (the minor schools that gathered here would, because they would never admit they were underprepared to battle pirates, and they'll blame us for botching their operation - but fuck these losers). And if our methods turn out not to everyone's liking - well, too bad. We have been hearing this for a while now, might as well get used to it.

Very true, perhaps I am overly cautious.

And since when Jing does think that good relationships with orthodox sects are a necessity? Why did he follow the unorthodox path then?

Perhaps necessity is too strong a word, but it makes our life so much easier when we have to deal with everyone but the orthodox fighters that we personally know and we know that they must maintain some kind of face when keeping up their part of deal. Unorthodox followers are bit more flexible with their dealings for the good and bad.

I don't think we will ever have friendly relationships with orthodox sects, except for Beggars, who just appear not to give a damn about anything. It is much more worthwhile to make friends with people, not with sects. We have a good relationship with Yifang and the Abbess, but the Emei still have negative feelings towards us. We are best buddies with Guo Fu, but Wudang as a whole are neutral. People who have bothered to get to know us personally have found out that Jing isn't a spawn of Satan, but a rather kind soul, if a bit mischievous. As for those who would not give us a chance - well, fuck them, too

Having even decent reputation, makes us more approachable than having bad reputation with them. Having better rep might increase the chance to get good friends, because they won't think that we are lowest of low then again they may become friends just because we treated them personally right despite having bad reputation with school. Then again we did meet decent people on orthodox side too.

As for our current reputation with the schools.
Emei is still negative but salvageable. For moment we are on good terms with Micao and decent with Yifang, but I fear that Yifang may turn into enemy if we have too many bad deeds to our name. I am not still sure how she will react with our peace negotation, but probably understands that we tried to get best results. Honestly, I am still surprised that we still have such good reputation with Emei with we carrying their sacred sword.

Wudang is as you said a neutral, but still pretty good rep to have as appearance of Southern maniac. We remain good terms with Guo Fu, if we don't hurt her wife for some unfathomable reason or we don't go too ruthless in our dealings against innocents or his school. The head honcho is intriqued by our qi and has good impressions, but nothing more than that currently

We have also surprising good relationship with shaolin, even with our unorthodox ways and that says lot about them since they are most strictest and perhaps most prestigious school. We also have potential bro among that young monk and Abbot digs our style.

Hueshan is about where I first expected us to be as appearance of most powerful unorthodox fighter. Head honcho and BJ seems like people that we never get along with it, but then again we kind a struck first punch when we stripped their female student ( on otherhand we did get points with Shaolin abbot with that move)

The rest of schools are still neutral, if not bit negative about our status as unorthodox guy and that is mainly about being Zhang jue appearance.

Well, if the pugilists wanted to protect the people, they can rejoice. Sign the treaty, and the people will no longer be in danger. This is a very easy way out for them

Only if they don't let their suspicions and pride to blind them. Zhou manor master seems to be reasonable man, but we have no idea what kind of men other masters are and Songfeng disciplines will try something stupid without their master being there.

Now you're just speculating and deciding for others. I can do that too, but it doesn't make it right. Poisoning is a tad tasteless, but I could go for it if the situation calls, and I'm definitely down for using our ninja-taught stealth to Chuzan Fist some saps through the skull to weed out this conspiracy. The beggars can already support us with information, covertly, and the Frathouse already is on our side. We will never become a champion of the orthodox world, but what we can do is become a very big person in the unorthodox world

I admit that I let my doubt overcloud my judgment on speculating and deciding for other and for that I apologize.

We might not never be champion of orthodox world, but neither do I want to become their arch nemesis. Granted this one acto won't turn us to one, but it might be the third or fourth one that we might have to take in our path. As for becoming big person in unorthodox world, I fear that it will require sacrificing lot of morale meter, or cracking lot of skills and playing lot more dirtier than we do now. Perhaps we can make choices that leaves us with compassion with us, but there is chance that we have to choose between only bad options in our goal becoming big person.

A2. flopping third time, because I didn't factor in the merchant girl in the negotations

Baltika9

Arcane
Sacrificing morality to become a bigwig in the unorthodox wprld? Dunno about that, Songfeng was an unorthodox solution, but we did the right thing. This solution is Unorthodox As Fuck, but it's the right thing to do, all things considered. We're not a beacon of morality for the pugilistic world, the way BJ is, but we're doing the right thing time after time.

As for the sects, haters gonna hate, nothing new there. They'll be singing a different tube once we (and master Zhang) save their dignity from the Fire Cult, six months from now. Won't that be a bitter pill for them to swallow.
:smug:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Sacrificing morality to become a bigwig in the unorthodox wprld? Dunno about that, Songfeng was an unorthodox solution, but we did the right thing. This solution is Unorthodox As Fuck, but it's the right thing to do, all things considered. We're not a beacon of morality for the pugilistic world, the way BJ is, but we're doing the right thing time after time.

How true, how true indeed.

As for the sects, haters gonna hate, nothing new there. They'll be singing a different tube once we (and master Zhang) save their dignity from the Fire Cult, six months from now. Won't that be a bitter pill for them to swallow

I imagine that we request scholarbro to paint their face when we save them. I bet that frathouse bros offers us a drinks at seeing BJ and his master humiliated.:incline:¨

So we aren't even going to be getting any of the treasure out of this, either. Great
How did you come to this conclusion, I'll never know

Well the pirates will need that treasure to begin trading, but they might hand over some coins in addition to techniques teached by ninja dude. Then again maybe our bad luck strikes when we are nearing the port but suddenly our boat sinks along with our treasure:troll:

Kipeci

Arcane
You want to force a city into a trade agreement in which one of the few things they have to offer is their plunder, which won't last forever. How much do you wan them to spare of it for us, bearing in mind that this same sort of army more or less will be raised when that runs out and they need to start raiding again?

Baltika9

Arcane
I'll take training from the Ninja Master and some relics in place of money any day of the week. And some pirate booty.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
You want to force a city into a trade agreement in which one of the few things they have to offer is their plunder, which won't last forever. How much do you wan them to spare of it for us, bearing in mind that this same sort of army more or less will be raised when that runs out and they need to start raiding again?

They have one product that nobody else sells in the city, sea security. I imagine it's in high demand during these chaotic times. Not to mention they can provide security against bandits as well, I think that honorable mercenary forces with their own private navy is in high demand.

I'll take training from the Ninja Master and some relics in place of money any day of the week. And some pirate booty

Wait a minute, what relics are you talking about? Do you mean the ninja master? I know that he is old, but not that old.

Jester

Arbiter
Cant we use some proxy in order to trick the merchants? Like try to strike a deal with Brothel? If they will get cut from transactions i assume they would agree. They aren't to high on moral scale and they wish to stop raids. We would be changing situation with is basically money sink for them into profit and that is something they should appreciate.

Baltika9

Arcane
Wait a minute, what relics are you talking about? Do you mean the ninja master? I know that he is old, but not that old.
Jing reffered to him as a 'master of some sort.' Regardless, this guy is built for syrength and speed, like us, and I really want to learn what he has to offer.
The leader also said they had 'treadure,' which I assume means something besides gold. Though I could be wrong, but I don't think payment will be an issue either way.

Kipeci

Arcane
They have one product that nobody else sells in the city, sea security. I imagine it's in high demand during these chaotic times. Not to mention they can provide security against bandits as well, I think that honorable mercenary forces with their own private navy is in high demand.

No one else, really? And you say that on what authority? Bear in mind that anyone hiring these guys as security burns many bridges in Japan, that's why no one wants to deal with these guys in the first place. If security for your goods means that you can't sell them, why bother? I mean, they could probably run a less voluntary protection racket fairly well, but surely you can see why that'd be a problem. So that brings us back to demanding payment from folks who need that stuff to prolong another lapse into piracy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom