Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
treave, does the Ninja MAster know what directions we can take his Reikan? Could extended mental meditation increase our INT while using it as we level up, or is this a purely PER technique?

To put it briefly, no and no.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
treave, when will we be able to travel again? In a week? In a month? How long will it be until we heal completely? Will we get to Emei in time to pick Cao'er up and speed up the healing process? What damage did we sustain that it wouldn't heal in half a year even with the second best medic China had ever known?

Is there a golden fox leaves cartel nearby?

Rex Feral

Prophet
I propose the next thing we do is Zhang's chore. That year is running out quickly.

After that we can return to chasing women in black.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

You'll have recovered when you have recovered.
Oh, boy. Welcome to Tjaru. Definitely cements my vote for stealth as we'll need to be a little more careful for the time being.

Listen to me though, bros - listen closely: We are NOT saving Theseus this time around. You hear me? First one of you numbskulls to vote for pointlessly risking death for some hapless jack-off who has concerns he'd be willing to put before our life gets a fat lip!

Sorry...I just can't take watching it happen again... :negative:

Nevill

Arcane
I propose the next thing we do is Zhang's chore. That year is running out quickly.

After that we can return to chasing women in black.
We can't do anything about that until we heal.

So chasing WiBs is exactly the very next thing we are going to do, because there aren't much alternatives available.

Nevill

Arcane
Listen to be though, bros - listen closely: We are NOT saving Theseus this time around. You hear me?
Oh, we are definitely saving Theseus. Then we are sending him off to the Maniac Mansion for happy fun times. After all, Zhang can only amuse himself for so long.

Baltika9

Arcane
Oh, boy. Welcome to Tjaru. Definitely cements my vote for stealth as we'll need to be a little more careful for the time being.

Listen to me though, bros - listen closely: We are NOT saving Theseus this time around. You hear me? First one of you numbskulls to vote for pointlessly risking death for some hapless jack-off who has concerns he'd be willing to put before our life gets a fat lip!

Sorry...I just can't take watching it happen again... :negative:
B-but what are we going to do without BJ? Without a rival our life won't have a meaning. We must save his life the first chance we get!

A Second Chance

You arrive too late. The Imperial palace is under attack. Bai Jiutian's and his forces have utterly failed to repel the enemy... You dash into the throne room to find Shun has already been evacuated. Only Bai himself remains, no doubt to hold off the enemy in one last brash act of heroism - the insufferable cunt. An explosion rocks the palace. Smoke and debris fly everywhere. One of the support columns gives way, collapsing toward Bai who is frozen in shock.

A. Save Bai - calling upon all your inner strength you catch the pillar. You might just be able to do it without breaking your back.
B. Let it squash the fucker.

Lambchop: Ok, bros - here's how I see it....
Codex: *completely ignores lambchop and votes A*

Dashing toward the pillar you let loose all of your inner strength, you catch the pillar - your every bone creaking from the strain. Behind you you can almost hear Bai's mouth gape in surprise. Recovering from the shock of having just been saved by you of all people, Bai calmly steps out of the way...and stabs you in the neck.

A spray of blood errupts from the wound and your body goes numb as you feel yourself falling backward. The column, falling with you, lands on your right shoulder, completely crushing it.

"Oh, Jing...", he laughs. "I'm surprised you haven't figured out that I am in fact responsible for all the assassination attempts on the Shun. You should have known I was Theseus."

As you listlessly watch the ever expanding pool of your own blood, you can't help but wonder at how retarded the Codex truly is...

Last edited by a moderator:

Nevill

Arcane
Lambchop19 said:
As you listlessly watch the ever expanding pool of your own blood, you can't help but wonder at how retarded the Codex truly is...
Cao'er will fix us!

And there's no way BJ is dying to some nameless pillar. I'll strangle the fucker myself.

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
We already pulled a Theseus of sorts by deciding to fight a hundred pugilists and three masters in the name of Cool Ninja Dude.

What began as an Athenian Democracy, shall end in Demagoguery. Nevill is our Demosthenes, and Baltika is the crazy dude in the back.

I don't hate you guys, really :hug:

Baltika9

Arcane
What began as an Athenian Democracy, shall end in Demagoguery. Nevill is our Demosthenes, and Baltika is the crazy dude in the back.
Don't worry, Alexander will kick us out of power and establish a proper Empire. Who needs pages upon pages of pointless DISCUSS! when we can have one guy making all the shots, wether we like it or not?
:troll:

There's an idea for a theme LP - everyone gets a chance to make a choice with no discussion. It would work in a round. If someone screws up, the entire forum gets to yell at him.

Baltika9

Arcane
Naw, the only thing that would change is that the one guy would be getting two hundred PMs about "Vote B, faggot! Doo eet!"

Nevill

Arcane
BTW, ERYFKRAD, you never voted on the last choise. Artistic skill and Scholarly knowledge are kind of in a stalemate right now. ;)

Naw, the only thing that would change is that the one guy would be getting two hundred PMs about "Vote B, faggot! Doo eet!"
I'm guessing most votes will happen too fast for that to occur. As soon as the player casts his vote, the vote is locked. No pages of discuss unless he specifically asks for advice or his taking his sweet ass time. BTW each voter will have to have a maximum time to decide, that way drop outs and absentees won't hold up the thread.

Baltika9

Arcane
treave, are philosophy and contemplation of qi under scholarly or artistic skills? Or do both of them have some?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
They are under stuff you will never have an inclination to seriously learn until you are fifty. Not that kind of character.

ScubaV

Prophet
A3BA

1A - Because Zhang Jue is way too unpredictable.
13 - It gives Prince-bro a nice asset and hopefully he can pull the necessary strings to take care of the Minamoto without having to involve ZJ.
2B - We've got Cao'er for out of combat perception, and the in-combat perception boost would be a long time coming if ever.
3A - How else are we going to administer laxatives and other poisons?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom