Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Baltika9

Arcane
The reason that I said that she's probably no longer hanging around the WiB at the moment is because that's old information at this point. She has ties with them, but our information tells us that it's far more likely that she's part of the Wunan Sect. So she associates with BDS members, but isn't part of their organization. Because of this, I don't see why she'd hang out with them for that long. To make an analogy here, the Shaolin have pretty close ties to the Wudang, but you aren't going to see a Shaolin monk spending a ton of time on Wudang Mountain.

Some good points though, a meeting with her would be a lot calmer with Yu around. After considering things further, we should go with C, then. Yu might not like it that much, but I think we've earned a good amount of trust with him by defying the Imperial Court and helping out the Minamoto Clan. We're still pretty good at speech, so I don't think that he'll take it too hard. We need to continue our mission, and we need Yu's help to do it; the obvious answer then is C. We can't keep ignoring shit like this. He'll be slightly butthurt about it, but it's far better in the long-run.
So when are we going to meet this guy next, if ever? Probably a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to find out whether or not the supernatural is a part of the setting, plus it gives us more Yu points for the inevitable point when he figures us out.

And who knows what the spirit world holds in store? Inb4, Jing gets possesed and dies.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh well, what the hell. A.
Besides, if we want to catch Changfeng, "betray" one of our harem candidates.
With our luck, said candidate will go waaaah!, find Changfeng, who will then proceed to track us down. Easy-peasy.

Rex Feral

Prophet
More side quests ? What will it be this time ? We get possesed ? Actually that might happen to the scholar if we let him go.

But enough is enough, we have investigations to do and first thing we do after we get back in shape is Zhang's challenge. Or he might kill every one of those japanese refugees.

B

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Rex Feral said:
What will it be this time? We get possesed?
Yes, please. Preferrably, by something ancient and badass.

Though a wish granted by a grateful spirit would be fine, too, I guess.

Jester

Arbiter
Rex Feral said:
What will it be this time? We get possesed?
Yes, please. Preferrably, by something ancient and badass.

Though a wish granted by a grateful spirit would be fine, too, I guess.

I can only hope it's not some mindless soul devouring entity.
You mean Marduk?

Still mby we will get some disaster demon as token Evil teammate due Jing luck.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Ifeex - A
Nevill - A
Baltika9 - A
Anabanana - B
asxetos - A
Jester - A
Zero Credibility - A
Esquilax - B
Ganymede - A
Kipeci - B
Elfberserker - B
Smashing Axe - A
Grimgravy - A
XenomorphII - A
Absinthe - A
Lambchop19 - B
Azira - A
Stygian Lurker - A
ERYFKRAD - A
Rex Feral - B
TOME - B
Tigranes - C > B

Current tally:

A - 14
B - 7
C - 1

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
:love:
You're the bestest GM ever!
Still mby we will get some disaster demon as token Evil teammate due Jing luck.
You mean like this?
One_of_Many_SS_111811_185940.jpg

:bounce:

Kipeci

Arcane
I feel terrible for encouraging the r00fles brigade in the tournament to shore up some of the votes. What's especially troubling is that voting for this sidequest are the very ones who swore that they'd avoid pointless side quests to pursue the only real lead we have. I mean... really, of all the things we could do on the side we go with hunting for apparitions?

I'm incredibly butthurt that pursuing the investigation was one of the big arguments put against joining up with the righteous fire cult and now we aren't even pretending to stay on the plot rails here.

Baltika9

Arcane
Aaaaaand, the butthurt flows freely. :drink:
But more seriously, Yu wants to see ghosts, we want to see ghosts so might as well go and see them and earn some Yu points in the meanwhile, instead of yanking on the chain of his goodwill too early. We'll need every single ounce of it for him to stay by our side when the truth of our service comes out (he's a smart guy, if a little naive, it will come out eventually). Also, we need him to get Changfeng to help us into the BDS, without him we'll just be stuck waiting in the city or get tested by the BDS that they can trust us. Any tests in our condition are, well, ill advised.

Edit: and it's not every day we get an opportunity to delve into the supernatural. Hell, it could be a literal "once in a lifetime" thing.
treave, when can we expect the next update, or are we still on the "update every two days" ration?
Edit 2: and I'm pretty sure that we're safer in the middle of an allegedly haunted village with ghosts and nature spirits, than we are in the middle of a bustling Chinese city right now after that stunt we pulled. Push comes to shove, we're pretty much defenseless against anyone better than a single bandit.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It could be today if I find the time, if not latest by tomorrow. Vote seems rather set at any rate.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I feel terrible for encouraging the r00fles brigade in the tournament to shore up some of the votes. What's especially troubling is that voting for this sidequest are the very ones who swore that they'd avoid pointless side quests to pursue the only real lead we have. I mean... really, of all the things we could do on the side we go with hunting for apparitions?

I'm incredibly butthurt that pursuing the investigation was one of the big arguments put against joining up with the righteous fire cult and now we aren't even pretending to stay on the plot rails here.
Welcome to the Codex, where :retarded: contradictory bullshit is just business as usual.

Jester

Arbiter

Welcome to the Codex, where :retarded: contradictory bullshit is just business as usual.
Funny was trying to get there before we were temporary crippled.
Now we should be circa Huluzi lv and Treave said that that crazy WiB was stronger than him. Probably assassin team is already assembled so doubt that we will get free info and i kinda doubt that Yu will choose Jing over his love if we will try to pressure her. Perhaps Yu could try to influence her to give us info, but i expect some "you like other man wish only to use me" taking her history into consideration and fact that she met him only once. Although mby skill lv up is possible.
I guess we are to late to salvage situation, but can be wrong. I see many possible negative outcomes. When circumstances change you should rethink your plan imo, main question is if we are in good enough position to act according to info we have?

Esquilax

Arcane
So when are we going to meet this guy next, if ever? Probably a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to find out whether or not the supernatural is a part of the setting, plus it gives us more Yu points for the inevitable point when he figures us out.

Never. Fuck him, not our problem. The star that we were born under is connected to the supernatural, we are bound to encounter it sooner or later, but I can't justify being willfully ignorant of our mission every time treave dangles something mildly interesting over our heads. First it was "LOL PIRATES!" now it's "LOL GHOSTS!", can't we stay on track for one fucking update? There's some vague speculation going on that we might get a stat boost, but who the fuck knows if that's true, and even if it was, we need to follow the Chanfeng lead further:

“I’ve found out that she was recently spotted together with members of the Black Dragon Society, which has its headquarters in the vicinity of Xiangyang. They are a vicious bunch of mercenaries and assassins for hire… I am not sure why Chanfeng would be with them. I have also heard that there is a small, obscure school called the Wunan Sect hidden somewhere in Shennong Forest, a few days' travel from Xiangyang. Apparently they are an all-female sect, taking in those who have been betrayed by men. I feel that that is probably where she is.”

She has been associating with mercenaries and assassins for a reason, and my speculation here is that she (or the people around her) are planning something. The longer we delay, the more we are kept in the dark as to what the WiB are doing. What the fuck are we doing ignoring things every single time something mildly interesting catches our eye? Fuck all that, stay on track.

Now we should be circa Huluzi lv and Treave said that that crazy WiB was stronger than him. Probably assassin team is already assembled so doubt that we will get free info and i kinda doubt that Yu will choose Jing over his love if we will try to pressure her. Perhaps Yu could try to influence her to give us info, but i expect some "you like other man wish only to use me" taking her history into consideration and fact that she met him only once. Although mby skill lv up is possible.
I guess we are to late to salvage situation, but can be wrong. I see many possible negative outcomes. When circumstances change you should rethink your plan imo, main question is if we are in good enough position to act according to info we have?

Well, it's a moot point considering our injury, but at full health, we are significantly stronger than Huluzi:

By the way, Huluzi would have been at about 5 for unarmed, and his neigong is weak, so you're already better than him in a fight.

Not that it matters now that we can't use our full arsenal, of course. And well, of course Yu can influence Chanfeng; he saved her life and showed her kindness when other men didn't. That certainly means something.

Jester

Arbiter
“I’ve found out that she was recently spotted together with members of the Black Dragon Society, which has its headquarters in the vicinity of Xiangyang. They are a vicious bunch of mercenaries and assassins for hire… I am not sure why Chanfeng would be with them. I have also heard that there is a small, obscure school called the Wunan Sect hidden somewhere in Shennong Forest, a few days' travel from Xiangyang. Apparently they are an all-female sect, taking in those who have been betrayed by men. I feel that that is probably where she is.”

She has been associating with mercenaries and assassins for a reason, and my speculation here is that she (or the people around her) are planning something. The longer we delay, the more we are kept in the dark as to what the WiB are doing. What the fuck are we doing ignoring things every single time something mildly interesting catches our eye? Fuck all that, stay on track.
Most likely she is planing something, problem is if pro team is already assembled it will be hard to infiltrate it. We could try to impress people there or use our reputation to hurry thing up still it could backfire badly.

Well, it's a moot point considering our injury, but at full health, we are significantly stronger than Huluzi:

By the way, Huluzi would have been at about 5 for unarmed, and his neigong is weak, so you're already better than him in a fight.

Not that it matters now that we can't use our full arsenal, of course.
Taking into consideration that:
-mad girl defeated him quite easy she probably have 6/7 unarmed.
-stronger poisonous neigong with still can damage us like during tournament opposite to our none. It was different, still simmilar and we had to get medic to negate it. This is worst part taking into consideration we have to get as much healing as we can, getting close to something what would kill us if not for our special circumstances and special neigong is very bad idea.
-our stat loss and i expect Treave was taking into consideration our superior str and agi.
I assume that we 1) are on/lower than Huluzi battle level 2) consequences of damage in fight are more dire 3) it will ensure we wont be in any shape to act during fire cult tournament if we will fight (WiB is involved so fire cult success can be more damaging, although if JB will get his ass kicked by cult we probably clear him in Zhang chalange).

And well, of course Yu can influence Chanfeng; he saved her life and showed her kindness when other men didn't. That certainly means something.
Yes problem is she was used by man and if thought that Yu trying to get something from her cross her mind, things will get very sour very fast. This situation would require lots of finesse to get info now, not sure if we can pull this out. I assume that leaving Yu and giving him time to build some measure of trust could work better. Concentration on controlling situation with fire cult while leaving our man to prepare ground for extracting info from crazy girl could be wiser solution.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom