Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Bloodshifter

Educated
You know I can't wait till Jing asks himself why a girl was taken in the by the ghost that took Young MEN.

Washboards fooling ghosts since Ancient Chinese times.

ScubaV

Prophet
For scholarbro:

images

Baltika9

Arcane
Seems AA is taking it, then. I doubt anyone here would be against an early update. *cough*

a cut of domestic sheep prime

What are the odds she really means what she said and blames us for the attack on her people that occurred in spite of our best efforts...?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Nevill - AB
Jester - AA
asxetos - AA
Rex Feral - AA
Ganymede - AB
Anabanana - BA
ERYFKRAD - AA
Ifeex - AA
Stygian Lurker - AA
TOME - CA
Zero Credibility - AB
Azira - AA
XenomorphII - AA
Tigranes - AB
Absinthe - AA
Elfberserker - BA > AA
Kipeci - BA
Baltika9 - BA
Esquilax - BA
Grimgravy - AA
Lambchop19 - AA
ScubaV - AA
The Brazilian Slaughter - BB
Bloodshifter - BB
Smashing Axe - AA

Current tally:

Next destination:
A - 17
B - 7
C - 1

Name:
A - 19
B - 6

Seems AA is taking it, then. I doubt anyone here would be against an early update. *cough*

I might be able to do that.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
What are the odds she really means what she said and blames us for the attack on her people that occurred in spite of our best efforts...?
About the same as her being secretly in love with us. What those odds are, I dunno.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I'm still surprised no one has figured out just why the female ghosts are taking young men. It's a genre cliche. Oh well. It'll be revealed in the next update.

Anabanana

Augur
They want to have sex with them so they can absorb their essence to become stronger?

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Basically, yes. They maintain their immortality by stealing human life force through sex.

It is interesting to note that they often aren't inherently evil, and mostly treat you in accordance with how you treat them, responding in kind. There is a good chance that everyone kidnapped is still alive. The elder said they were kept in the mansion.

Some foxes are said to be able to possess women, so we'd better watch out if Yunzi starts to behave strangely.

I wonder if it it makes difference to them what kind of qi they absorb. What would happen if one of them mates with us?

Last edited:

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
AA

In before this is playing into the ghost's hands and giving our true name gives it ultimate power over us.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Basically, yes. They maintain their immortality by stealing human life force through sex.

It is interesting to note that they often aren't inherently evil, and mostly treat you in accordance with how you treat them, responding in kind. There is a good chance that everyone kidnapped is still alive. The elder said they were kept in the mansion.

Some foxes are said to be able to possess women, so we'd better watch out if Yunzi starts to behave strangely.

I wonder if it it makes difference to them what kind of qi they absorb. What would happen if one of them mates with us?

Fox spirits... not really a necessity to steal life force. What they need is just essence and the means to cultivate it, with the end goal usually being immortality. The form of energy doesn't matter, it can be from people (via sex or other means) or self-cultivation or just basking in the light of the sun and the moon (a lot slower, of course). This applies to spirits of all sorts, like pigs and snakes and trees. After enough cultivation they become able to take on human form, but this does not mean they are immortal yet - just technically very long-lived. At this point they can mate with humans, creating half-spirit babies.

This is different from ghosts, which are the souls of the dead in particular, who have the ability and desire to specifically take in yang energy, being yin entities.

Generally, I'd opine that the hierarchy in power on the supernatural side would go from ghosts > spirits > immortals > deities. It is possible to advance from stage to stage, generally through gathering lots of essence over a very long time (read hundreds to thousands of years).

Now, with that said, I guess I'll begin prepping the update with an AA victory.

Baltika9

Arcane
Hmm, so if there is a demon spirit/ghost around here, we could strike a deal for her to follow us around and we'll provide her with plenty of yang energy? Jing is pretty much made out of it.

Baltika9

Arcane
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Yang energy represents the physical aspect rather than spiritual, which is Yin. And if this demon gets her Yang from sex, well, I'd say we put our tsundere charms to good use and get ourselves a demon follower, I'm sure she doesn't want her battery broken. Who better to teach us about our esoteric qi, them being creatures of the spirit world.

We'll see though, for all we know this is the real Yunzi.

Tigranes

Arcane
"Xu Jing, you must have sex with me more often! At this rate, I shall never become immortal!"

We're being tricked into writing a hentai by committee, aren't we.

Baltika9

Arcane
"Tricked" is not quite what I'm thinking here. So long as she, ahem, reciprocates the favors we should be good.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Hmm, so if there is a demon spirit/ghost around here, we could strike a deal for her to follow us around and we'll provide her with plenty of yang energy? Jing is pretty much made out of it.

Master Yao said:
“Your qi is a great big mess! I’ve never seen internal energy so chaotic. Yes, all people have both yin and yang within them, but yours are not only equal, they are in constant opposition with each other! It’s a freak of nature, that’s what it is. Let your qi rage uncontrolled and your meridians would blow up and kill you. No wonder they were congested, you would be long dead if they weren’t!”

Baltika9

Arcane
I meant more in the sense how Yang is more "raging, impulsive, energetic, outgoing and male" etc... Jing, by definition, is pretty much the avatar of Yang and his actions through the LP confirm this. At least, that's what I'm theorizing.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I meant more in the sense how Yang is more "raging, impulsive, energetic, outgoing and male" etc... Jing, by definition, is pretty much the avatar of Yang and his actions through the LP confirm this. At least, that's what I'm theorizing.

Master Yao said:
“Your qi is a great big mess! I’ve never seen internal energy so chaotic. Yes, all people have both yin and yang within them, but yours are not only equal, they are in constant opposition with each other! It’s a freak of nature, that’s what it is. Let your qi rage uncontrolled and your meridians would blow up and kill you. No wonder they were congested, you would be long dead if they weren’t!”

Baltika9

Arcane
I see, and I won't argue with Yao's expertise. Wonder what will happen if a demon or a spirit gets a taste of our chaos.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
As if it wasn't apparent enough.

treave said:
“It was just coincidence, that’s all,” you reply. “I had no idea you were here. I would have steered far away from this place if I knew. Your company is entirely unpleasant to me."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom