Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Baltika9

Arcane
Not of the government, but of the Prince. We have no loyalties or affiliations to the government itself. I'm sure that's enough not to get rejected by him on the spot. Remember, we're an exile.
And I'm pretty sure no one will interpret our retarded, I mean brilliant acts of courage as "lol, for teh Gubmint!"

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Also, keep in mind that we may want to kill the WiB in future, if it turns out she is plotting against the prince. If that is the case, then it will be much easier to do away with her and conceal it if the scholar is not aware of our true motivations.

I know you guys think friendship is magic, but I think the scholar and Xu will inevitably be at odds with one another.

Baltika9

Arcane
All Changfeng seems to want is revenge for her killed child and Shun had nothing to do with that. That takes her outside the "Prince's mortal enemy" teritorry even if she did try to kidnap him for extortion. I think there's a compromise we can arrive at here.

Absinthe

Arcane
Keeping it secret is only an option if we won't be exposed anyway. Seriously, our target already knows, and she will most likely tell Yu and quite possibly tell Yunzi. If she doesn't tell him, Yu is smart enough that there is still a high chance that he will find out on his own. Letting him know early is just a better option than having him discover it.

Friendship isn't magic, but it definitely helps.

Baltika9

Arcane
Besides, it's about time we started guilt tripping Yunzi with "but I got lashed and beaten and almost yiffed/raped by boars for saving you! And then exiled to the cruel world!"
treave, is Jing going to tell her anything about the Man In Black we murdered an update ago?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Probably not right now. Perhaps if his identity turns out to be crucial to the case, but right now the links are vague. You'll just be telling them why you're going to Xiangyang. Of course, if you guys want to spill everything, just make a note of it in your vote and I'll see.

Baltika9

Arcane
Wait, I thought C3 was going to spill everything. We're going to tell them we work for Shun as an exile and that we're in no way connected to the Government besides that, correct? And as far as explaining this investigation goes, we will be explaining the night in the Ashina camp too, right?
And what about our almost-pig rape, will we tell that to Yunzi too?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You're not keeping secrets, you just aren't going out of your way to bring up anything that isn't important to the mission. You'll be talking about the attack as the real reason why you're looking for her, and that's about it. If they've any questions or suspicions you'll explain truthfully, but if it doesn't come up you aren't going to retell some long ass sob story to justify your actions.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

B - c3 is fucking retarded. Seriously? Do we even know to whom Yunzi is betrothed or what her greater intentions are? I mean, it was interesting to see how she'd react to finding out our name, but this is stupid. There IS no fucking "party" or "band of bros", you larping hippie bastards. We're just three people with three separate interests going to the same location. They have ZERO motivation to help us protect the prince. Yunzi may even want him dead so that her new clan can take over the country for all we know. FFS, scholarbro is in love with one of our enemies. I'm hoping we can use that to diffuse the situation, but if we can't, Jing will try to kill her and scholarbro might betray us beforehand, if he knows.
if she proves to be an irreconcilable enemy to the prince you are likely to try and find ways to kill her immediately.

Baltika9

Arcane
I'm cool with that: we lay our cards on the table and let them ask questions to alleviate any suspicions and/or fears.
Too bad we're not guilt tripping Yunzi, but I suppose there are better times for that.

I mean, Jing just straight up MURDERED a man to protect his identity and now this?

Baltika9

Arcane
B - c3 is fucking retarded. Seriously? Do we even know to whom Yunzi is betrothed or what her greater intentions are? I mean, it was interesting to see how she'd react to finding out our name, but this is stupid. There IS no fucking "party" or "band of bros", you larping hippie bastards. We're just three people with three separate interests going to the same location. They have ZERO motivation to help us protect the prince. Yunzi may even want him dead so that her new clan can take over the country for all we know. FFS, scholarbro is in love with one of our enemies. I'm hoping we can use that to diffuse the situation, but if we can't, Jing will try to kill her and scholarbro might betray us beforehand, if he knows.
It's the principle of the thing, Yunzi was promised to us first and is our betrothed, with the blessing of Bulun Khanbro and her whole tribe no less; and Yu is too friendly and honest a feller to just hate someone like that.
Yes, there is a lot of potential for a tight friendship here. But then again, with a potential neiggong of 15, who needs friends?

Baltika9

Arcane
I mean, Jing just straight up MURDERED a man to protect his identity and now this?
Hell, the guys that are voting C3 were dead set against murdering the poor guy in the first place. I still think that wasn't the completely right thing to do.

Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of Jing snapping a defenseless old man's neck.

Yu gets drunk and does batshit crazy things, and after two - count them - TWO fucking betrayals by men in love in these LPs, do you REALLY want to trust Theseu--I mean, Yu on this when we have no need to? As for Yunzi, she wouldn't give two shits about a promise she didn't make or agree to.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
But we kissed her, man. Expect a permanent malus to her Agi when against us, due to hesitation.
I'll stick with B, let's not tell anyone anything they'd get in trouble for knowing. We will have to square things with Yu sometime or the other, though.

Baltika9

Arcane
No, but she's deliciously repressed in love with him. As Jing is with her. No way am I giving up on this side-plot, we failed enough with Sekh, Itlani and Kyrie. And that "forced promise" goes both ways, Yunzi isn't extatic about this new fiance either. Not that he'll live long enough.

And'm not one for the fear-mongering "OMG everyone will betray us, trust no one!" Some thought Vick "G" Camna was a traitor, lo and behold he wasn't. Some thought Edem would betray us, and he didn't. Yeah, we had Naim and Theseus, but Yu really isn't like them. Too free-spirited. Sure there are risks with this, but it's one that I'm comfortable taking because it will prevent pain down the line.

Besides, lying and deceiving only proves the people that said "lololo all men betray!" right.

Last edited:

And'm not one for the fear-mongering "OMG everyone will betray us, trust no one!"
That's NOT what I'm saying. I'm saying, don't trust THESE TWO. Yet. And Yunzi isn't Kyrie or Sek or anyone else. She's Yunzi and frankly, we don't know much about her.
Some thought Vick "G" Camna was a traitor, lo and behold he wasn't.
Not me. Also, as I recall, you were pretty gung-ho about trusting Naim - right up until the point he SHOT US IN THE EYE. Still pissed about that. I mean, point blank in the eye. Who does that?

asxetos

Augur
Well, if treave pulls another Theseus from the scholar i will be mad.
Thank god he has another waifu and there are no love potions involved yet
I will be sticking with C3. I do not even doubt scholar-bro's integrity at this point, and i want to give Yunzi romance a chance (you know Cao'er will be OK with it) :)

Baltika9

Arcane
Easiest way to the brain, and he was a soldier. Naturally, he knew how to kill. And I'm afraid that I was a few weeks gone by the point he did that, so don't look at me. :lol
And'm not one for the fear-mongering "OMG everyone will betray us, trust no one!"
That's NOT what I'm saying. I'm saying, don't trust THESE TWO. Yet. And Yunzi isn't Kyrie or Sek or anyone else. She's Yunzi and frankly, we don't know much about her.
I think that in our situation, we should making the first move on both accounts. Lies won't help either of those.

Anabanana

Augur
We're not lying or deceiving, just not revealing information that isn't necessary for them to know to achieve our goals: Find Changfeng. Why would we even need to lie? Pffft.

Nevill, sure, we might not be going there to kill her immediately, but the possibility is definitely there. If she turns out to be conspiring against the prince or even a tool of those conspiring against the prince, it's only consistent for Jing to off her ASAP, as can be seen via our actions against the old man. I didn't want to kill the old man - argued strongly against it, in fact - but we did, and I believe that that's going to influence what Jing does in the future regarding Changfeng. The old man was a guy who MIGHT have gotten in the way of our plans, as opposed to Changfeng who actively tried to kill the crown prince and BROKE HIS FUCKING ARM. I'm not saying that it's impossible for this to have a peaceful resolution, just that we really shouldn't count on it.

Another thing to consider: If we reveal everything to Xiahou, negotiations fail, and he actively tries to interfere to the point of fucking up our investigations and/or revealing sensitive information about us, is this going to lead to a scenario where we might be forced to kill him? His cooperation would definitely be useful to get Changfeng to talk to us, so I don't think that's a good outcome for anybody involved.

Baltika9

Arcane
Some thought Vick "G" Camna was a traitor, lo and behold he wasn't.
Not me.
:rpgcodex:
Camna? Ugh. I can just smell the betrayal incoming:

Erika: "We've drawn them in, Senya. The enemy are falling for our trap."
Senya: Excellent. Yua, send Camna the signal. His forces should press in on the enemy from the rear, closing the trap.
Yua: Signal sent! ...um... It looks like he's responding with a strange message, Master. A picture. I'm not sure what it means...
Senya: Let me see...
Yau: On screen:
:troll:
Senya:
:rage:

edit: seriously, treave. Do we have a personality profile on Camna? We are/were an information broker, right?

Nice job quoting a joke post, Baltika9. :roll: I asked for his personality profile, treave gave it and I said he may be trustworthy. edit: Actually, I didn't say it because the vote closed, but shit, I even voted for him to take on Dio.

edit:
Easiest way to the brain, and he was a soldier.
BS. It's a gun, it doesn't need an easy way. If anything, an eye shot would be more likely to miss the brain. The best way to hit someone's brain from point blank is to aim directly at it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baltika9

Arcane
Nevill, sure, we might not be going there to kill her immediately, but the possibility is definitely there. If she turns out to be conspiring against the prince or even a tool of those conspiring against the prince, it's only consistent for Jing to off her ASAP, as can be seen via our actions against the old man. I didn't want to kill the old man - argued strongly against it, in fact - but we did, and I believe that that's going to influence what Jing does in the future regarding Changfeng. The old man was a guy who MIGHT have gotten in the way of our plans, as opposed to Changfeng who actively tried to kill the crown prince and BROKE HIS FUCKING ARM. I'm not saying that it's impossible for this to have a peaceful resolution, just that we really shouldn't count on it.
Not necessarily, Jing is already starting to think twice about murder on suspicion:
You reach out, preparing to kill him with a swift blow. Considering his current condition it would probably be swift mercy. Your hand pauses, hesitating as he stares at you. It is strange – just a few years before you would probably have plunged a dagger in his neck without a second thought, but now, when you are able to take a life easily with your bare hands, you find yourself wondering if you should kill a helpless man.
Edit:
Nice job quoting a joke post. :roll: I asked for his personality profile, treave gave it and I said he may be trustworthy.
Sure it was.
:troll:

In general, when someone says "seriously" after something, it means they're joking. Ah, but you're trolling, so whatever.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom