Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Seriously?

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Haha, I just watched that episode. But seriously, back to the thread... :hahano:

Baltika9

Arcane
Bear in mind our hero here is technically a victim of sexual abuse as a child. He's not going to be all that right in the head when it comes to matters of the heart. :lol:
:hmmm:
treave, does that mean we can romance Zhang Jue into our harem (as if he would share)? I'm willing to compromise here.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Nevill, sure, we might not be going there to kill her immediately, but the possibility is definitely there. If she turns out to be conspiring against the prince or even a tool of those conspiring against the prince, it's only consistent for Jing to off her ASAP, as can be seen via our actions against the old man. I didn't want to kill the old man - argued strongly against it, in fact - but we did, and I believe that that's going to influence what Jing does in the future regarding Changfeng. The old man was a guy who MIGHT have gotten in the way of our plans, as opposed to Changfeng who actively tried to kill the crown prince and BROKE HIS FUCKING ARM. I'm not saying that it's impossible for this to have a peaceful resolution, just that we really shouldn't count on it.
It's a self-fulfilling prophecy, that's what it is. If you go there preparing to assassinate her (just in case, you can never be too careful) and base all of your desicions on that, chances are, you'll have to do just that, because all the other parties that see your actions will assume that this is what you are planning to do.

I've heard this arguments before. Oh, no! The Masters are too powerful and will screw us over, best not to meet then and instead get to know them by coming to their respective schools and kicking the crap out of their disciples, because they all are hostile towards you anyway (another self-fulfilling prophecy that was, thankfully, averted). Oh, no, Qilin would never offer you a favor without demanding something in return, she will definitely try to blackmail us, best to leave her be and slum on the streets. Would we even be able to win the tournament, had Qilin not notice the poisonous qi? Would we be able to assemble our Bro team with Guo Fu without her? If you don't put trust in people, you are never going to make friends (or allies, if you prefer, since the notion of 'the Power of Friendship' is only causing chuckles around here), and we need every single one we can get. And Yu is one.

If the fact about our allegiance comes up, and it wouldn't be Jing that brings it up, Yu will rightfully assume the worst - that you tried to get into his good graces just to get to the girl he loves. At this point, I doubt there would be anything you can do to convince him otherwise. Granted, some of us have pointed out that this, in fact, may have been the sole reason behind our acts so far, but I prefer to think that they are in the minority.

Yu's sympathies are split right now. Yes, Changfeng had saved his life, but so did we. And if we hadn't sold our last shirt to get him out of trouble, he would be wasting his life drowning his sorrows at Yuhua Halls for the next 20 years. He has a debt of gratitude towards us, and he will listen to us if we talk now. We can convince him that we do not mean harm to Changfeng if she would cease her current line of work. Moreover, I myself do not think that Changfeng has to be our enemy: she does not have a beef with Shun, she does not have a political motive - she has a personal vendetta against one of the Grand Eunuch's proteges, and you don't have to overthrow Tang dynasty to exact revenge on that one. Hell, we can promise her his head if she puts in a word for us with her superiors and gets out of dodge.

If we'll have him on our side actively trying to convince Changfeng to abandon the conspirators, it would drastically reduce the chance that something goes awry and we would have to actually resort to force. If we don't, we risk losing him for good.

Lambchop19 said:
And Yunzi isn't Kyrie or Sek or anyone else. She's Yunzi and frankly, we don't know much about her.
I know the main heroine route when I see one.

Last edited:

asxetos

Augur
It seemed that when we met her, Changfeng had a vendetta against all men. But after that she ended up somehow saving Scholar-bro's life.
She clearly was the enemy at some point, missguided or not, but i am willing to listen to her story since obviously something made her change.
Thats how we can convince Xiahou Yu that we mean her no harm after we tell him the truth.
After listening to her story, if we decide she is still the enemy and have to take her out, Yu will know our reasons and might not blindly try to save the maiden in distress.

Baltika9

Arcane
Bear in mind our hero here is technically a victim of sexual abuse as a child. He's not going to be all that right in the head when it comes to matters of the heart. :lol:
I haven't really thought of it from that angle, but now that you mention it, yeah, after being raised as a pre-pubescent pleasure slave in the palace and trained by the secret police to kill without hesitation (and who knows what else), Jing's lack of empathy, strong personal identity and recklesness make a whole lot more sense now. The dude has big mental issues.

Not to worry though, mods Zhang will fix it. I take it by the silence that's a "no" on romancing him?
:troll:

Kipeci

Arcane
How would the pearl unlock that potential for our neigong, though? If I recall correctly, a demon ranks as not much in power compared to a god, and the pearl is a fraction of all the energy it'd acquired. I can't even grasp what sort of power 15 skill levels in Neigong would represent, considering that each level gained represents much, much more skill gained than the last. There would have to be some sort of weird chain reaction going on, or something.

Rex Feral

Prophet
C3 - I'm always open for a little honesty, even when it bites us in the back (and it probably will).

Honesty is first when it comes to building relationships and if you don't build a solid foundation everything else will crumble in time.

Baltika9

Arcane
How would the pearl unlock that potential for our neiggong, though? If I recall correctly, a demon ranks as not much in power compared to a god, and the pearl is a fraction of all the energy it'd acquired. I can't even grasp what sort of power 15 skill levels in Neigong would represent, considering that each level gained represents much, much more skill gained than the last. There would have to be some sort of weird chain reaction going on, or something.
Dude, I'm still fawning over that ungodly neiggong cap of ours. Fully developed, I don't think even Zhang and Wang will be stronger than us. And maybe we'll even be a match for that Ahura Mazda fella that is trying to take our Yunzi.

Wonder if there's any tradeoffs/dire consequences for swallowing a demon's essence of a few centuries, or if our ridiculous qi will meld with it perfectly.

Last edited:

Kipeci

Arcane
Hm... save a fox spirit and get a lucky charm... or you could gain the blessings of the gods by performing the proper rituals. Just some of the ways that it's possible. But the supernatural aspect of the world won't be easy to find. The setting will be rather grounded in the first few chapters - or at least as grounded as it can be with people jumping from treetop to treetop and dueling with their qi.

8 Luck is already plenty, though.

Two chapters in and we're getting a french kiss from a toad demoness. I think we might have messed up treave's plan somewhere along the line.

Baltika9

Arcane
Awwww, we just killed one on Zhang's relatives. Game over, man, game over.
Hm... save a fox spirit and get a lucky charm... or you could gain the blessings of the gods by performing the proper rituals. Just some of the ways that it's possible. But the supernatural aspect of the world won't be easy to find. The setting will be rather grounded in the first few chapters - or at least as grounded as it can be with people jumping from treetop to treetop and dueling with their qi.

8 Luck is already plenty, though.

Two chapters in and we're getting a french kiss from a toad demoness. I think we might have messed up treave's plan somewhere along the line.
You know what this means, right? We must make out with every demon we come across to take all of their power for ourselves. We will be unstoppable.

Jester

Arbiter
Kissing the toad leads to the same conclusion. You can probably make a good guess where 15 places you.

We now have the capacity to be immortal! I KNEW IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO GO GHOSTHUNTING! /says the person who flopped to B for that choice
Mby its ancient china devour souls immortality, but if we can be immortal we should try going for immortal advisor and protector of Emperors bloodline.
Yeah, and we saved his. Twice.
Theseus and Naim brofists this.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
ERYFKRAD - B
Grimgravy - B
Absinthe - C3
Nevill - C3
Zero Credibility - D > A > B
Jester - D
Smashing Axe - B > C1
Ifeex - C3 > B
asxetos - C3
Baltika9 - C3
Azira - C3
Anabanana - B > C1
Lambchop19 - B
XenomorphII - C3
Kipeci - C3
The Brazilian Slaughter - C2
Rex Feral - C3
Tigranes - B > C2

Current tally:

B - 6
C2 - 1
C3 - 9
D - 2

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
The Brazilian Slaughter said:
Only problem is that Yunzi might want to take revenge on her
Wouldn't we want to tell her everything in this case so that she... y'know, doesn't?

She saw that woman's face, and were she to encounter her without any previous explanation, things may get ugly real quick.

Baltika9

Arcane
Only problem is that Yunzi might want to take revenge on her
Wouldn't we want to tell her everything in this case so that she... y'know, doesn't?

She saw that woman's face, and were she to encounter her without any previous explanation, things may get ugly real quick.
Pretty much, right now Yunzi is going in with a "kick all the asses until I get answers" mindset. The whole point of C3, besides being honest with our companions/whatever we call them, is to make sure everyone is on the same page and not working at cross-purposes. Otherwise, she could really fuck this up out of ignorance of our goals.

treave, two serious questions: after devouring that pearl, will it make leveling our neiggong at all easier, or do we still have to do nearly suicidal things to increase it, or is it a mystery? And as far as voting for C's subsets goes, are the C subsets counted separately, or together and then the greatest winner is chosen from among them?

Baltika9

Arcane
Yeah, and if we don't let her in on what's going on with C3, that's exactly what she's going to do, barge in and start kicking ass. That's the whole point of getting her on the same page as us, to go in and get information. She seems to respond well to Jing's patriarchic oppression logic and leveled thinking when he deigns to use it, so C3 will be calming her down instead of letting her go in with the plan to attack/kill Changfeng. C2 will be letting her do just that, though. If you're afraid of Yunzi screwing up the negotiations, the ways to go are either C1, C3 or D.

Nevill

Arcane
Bro, just because Jing makes Yunzi have teh tingles sometimes, doesn't mean she is on our side.
Let me rephrase that. How would not telling her help matters any?

If we don't tell her, she is going to stick with her revenge plan. If we do, then at least she would have something else to consider.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
treave, two serious questions: after devouring that pearl, will it make leveling our neiggong at all easier, or do we still have to do nearly suicidal things to increase it, or is it a mystery? And as far as voting for C's subsets goes, are the C subsets counted separately, or together and then the greatest winner is chosen from among them?

The pearl only increased your cap. I'm counting each choice separately.

Baltika9

Arcane
What's the estimated time for the next update? I'm getting serious CYOA withdrawals here.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Might be today, might be tomorrow. Leaning more towards the latter at the moment, but I don't foresee any delays right now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom