Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] 傳

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Aug 29, 2013.

1. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Hmmm... I have thought about this, and yeah it is better if Jing stays and Yunzi goes. If Yunzi stays, she's going to be found out eventually, but some canon-fodder guard won't figure out who she is. She is also a woman and Liu Chanfeng may actually trust her more because of that. Feminazis, Feminazis never change, etc. Hope we find a way to add Liu to our party, poor Scholarbro needs love to stay away from teh drink. Also Yu is smart enough to help us on this one too. And we can't exactly ask sharp questions to her ("Who wants to kill the future Son of Heavan? Speak, witch!") because we're being watched.

A1

^ Top  
  2. asxetos Augur

asxetos
    A1
    I trust scholar-bro to get all the info from Chanfeng without us being there, but i do not trust Yunzi alone with the two masters.
    Plus we might get some extra info about the BDS if we stay back.

^ Top  
  3. Kipeci Arcane

Kipeci
  4. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    A1. Now we're here let's go through with it, and hope nobody figures out we are crippled. I can't imagine Yu wants to break her out or anything, and I am assuming the three have discussed a ghost-plan.

Of course, if Yu/Yunzi want to double-cross us and start hiding info from us now is the time.

^ Top  
  5. XenomorphII Prophet

XenomorphII
  6. Jester Arbiter

Jester
    Fixed.

^ Top  
  7. *sigh* Azira, you did it again.

B - He's heard of us and now he's testing our rep. We need to intimidate him to make him back down. What are a few dozen men compared to the hundred we fought? Time to use our high charisma and killer-intent ability to make them back down, otherwise he'll know he has us by the balls and keep squeezing. As for what is going through his mind to make that offer, it's probably divide and conquer. Splitting us up is win-win for him.

treave, can our enhanced perception tell us anything about the situation or do we need to be meditating for that to work?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. m4davis Scholar

m4davis
  9. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    :M

Our enhanced perception tells us it would be suicidal, and that the whole thing is highly unlikely to be a bluff. But hey, the choice implies we could get lucky! Oh, wait...

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Kipeci Arcane

Kipeci
    Actually, aside from a few of the earlier scenes in the LP and occasional annoyances, our luck really hasn't been as bad as I thought it would.

^ Top  
  11. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Don't jinx it.

^ Top  
  12. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    We've never had bad luck, guys. Just horrible good luck.

I'm thinking of flopping to A1, not decided yet.

The effect Yunzi can have on C.feng is pretty much what'd clinch this. On the one hand, Yunzi seems as accomplished at diplomacy, as we are at horse-riding; on the other hand, Changfeng might actually react badly to a sweet-talking diplomat, given her background.

Then there's the question of whether we'd be able to throw a curve-balls at the BDS if they try to dig our motivations and such...

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Well, we always ended up in shitty situations initially (accept Yunzi's challenge -> dance on horses; protect Yunzi -> Shun gets hurt; go unorthodox -> get almost killed by bandits; get saved by Yao -> get forced into an apprenticeship with a poison; go to Songfeng -> encounter the poisoning plot; go to Luoying Manor -> get almost dismembered by Zhang Jue, etc), but we always did something about it and came out stronger than we were before.

Wherever we go, whatever we do, nothing is as it appears to be, and in our case it means 'everything is much worse than we had thought'. That is what our luck refers to. But we always tried to make the best out of it, and more often than not, we succeded.

As for the current choice, I do not see a reason to panic just yet. It still proceeds according to the plan we had in mind. If that wouldn't work, then we would need to start worrying.

^ Top  
  14. ScubaV Prophet

ScubaV
    Voting B with Lambchop. Thus we will start the inevitable string of flops and last-minute B votes to pull A1 and B into a tie, delaying the update by another day. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! treave smurf-bot #7 strikes again!

^ Top  
  15. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    We don't need to talk to Changfend. Actually, we can't talk to her about things that matter, not while we are observed. So it makes no difference who would accompany Yu - we just want her to know that we are here. If you wanted to be privy to Yu's conversation with her, then maybe, but why would you want that?

I guess we would be able to do it better than Yunzi, who also knows about our motivations because we just told her in the previous update. So we'd better remove her from the room.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
    ^ Top  
  16. Jester Arbiter

Jester
    A1
    Our allies know what we wish to find out and leaving tomboy to annoy people here is bad idea. Sending her boyfriend and girl to Chang man killer could actually help in persuading her, or not pissing her off. If Jing can play his cards well he might trick those two dudes into believing that he is helping lovestruck guy to find certain mysterious woman. Could be helpful if something will go wrong, still i guess that with ghost umbrella scholar should find one of secret exits if necessary.

^ Top  
  17. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    A1.
    It's time to put our court training, charisma and speech skills to use. Scholarbro is smart guy and I trust his judgment. Jing seems to be most cabaple guy in our group to deal with these ruthless bastards, courtesy for his prior experience in court and right there are the most ruthless players in china. While Yunzi isn't stupid, but this seems to be waaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of area of expertise.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Enhanced perception =/= omniscience or mind reading. I'm not sure what other details you think you can pick up. You've already detected the guards outside.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Can it help negotiations, though? You know, recognizing body language, reading the mood, that kind of stuff?

^ Top  
  20. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    You're socially adept enough that it can help there, but it's not perfect. You can assume that in normal conditions the skill is being used whenever he is conscious, since it costs Jing almost nothing to do so and it helps him get used to having it 'switched on' as well as train his concentration.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    So we have effectively switched from the STR & AGI based build to the PER & INT & CHA one. We'd better act accordingly. Our strength no longer lies in our combat skills, but in our keen eyes, street smarts, and a silver tongue.

It's time for the Black Dragon diplomacy. :cool:

^ Top  
  22. Grimgravy Cipher Patron

Grimgravy
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
    A1
    Leaving the lady alone is a bad idea. She is capable of causing problems in the best of situations and this situation is far from ideal. SSend her with the scholar.

^ Top  
  23. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Inb4 the rat-faced guy spots our Imperial Medallion and orders our death.

^ Top  
  24. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    I do what I must. :salute:

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  25. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Three choice, none of which I like. Yay me!

Leavy Yunzi with these two? Seems like a lit powderkeg. Let Yunzi confront the woman that attacked her tribe way back when? Seems like a lit powderkeg. Say "screw this" and, the way the choice is worded, rely on our horrible luck? Seems like a lit powderkeg.

Wonderful. :roll:

Will think about this.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.