Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Well, if we look at this particular tale from another angle, Jing's meddling has plunged Japan into civil strife and caused the deaths of tens of thousands, and the suffering of untold more. Bad luck? :troll:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The Gods themselves are giving you a chance to prove yourself, and you waste it by lamenting how disgraceful you have been so far? Truly, you wish to remain that way and live a pitiful excuse of a life in some eunuch's shadow.
:rpgcodex:

Baltika9

Arcane
Well, if we look at this particular tale from another angle, Jing's meddling has plunged Japan into civil strife and caused the deaths of tens of thousands, and the suffering of untold more. Bad luck? :troll:
We got some Zhang screentime, so it's all good. I just wish we could see him wrestle with that oni, I'm dying to find out exactly what level our Master is at.

Baltika9

Arcane
After Lord Zhang devours the oni's essence, our fifteen points will still be nothing.
:lol:

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Why aren't we nose deep in dusty old books trying to find ogres to our harem?

Anabanana

Augur

Yeeaaahh, the first thing I thought when I read that update was "we done fucked up, y'all". I knew we should've gone orthodox. :negative:

Baltika9

Arcane

Yeeaaahh, the first thing I thought when I read that update was "we done fucked up, y'all". I knew we should've gone orthodox. :negative:
The only thing we "fucked up" was sending the exiles to Zhang's island. And even then, I don't consider this a fuck-up: we secured allies for ourselves and if this is indeed what is going on in Japan right now (and not treave just playing with our emotions), then we also secured the allegiance of an entire nation in the long run (short-term, I don't think Japan will be able to do anything about anyone for a while :lol: ).

As far as going unorthodox, nope, not a single regret (okay, maybe missing out on the Drunken Fist). This path is much more suited to the Tiger Adjutant than any other, I honestly have difficulty imagining him in the stuffy Shaolin and Huehueshan sects, maybe the Beggars or the Wuang. Besides which, I also absolutely love our teachers and the people we met and befriended so far. Say whatever you like about guys like Lord Zhang and Master Yao, but they're keeping it real and don't play petty politics and aren't hypocrites. As much as I love the Frathouse Bros (And Miecao), they are doing the "play along to get along" while everything goes to shit under them and are too lazy/apathetic to do anything about it. I much rather prefer the energetic and spirited bunch we hang out with.

And I would retch if Jing became another BJ.

Last edited:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

You say that like it's a bad thing. This isn't a real codex CYOA unless we mistakenly caused a genocide or two... :M

Esquilax

Arcane
As glorious as an update of Zhang Jue single-handedly causing - and winning - a civil war is, I'd like to get back to the topic of Gao Ying. I am going to go with A on the basis that we killed the Imperial agent we met at the mansion for knowing our identity, and this eunuch seems about ten times more dangerous. I don't know if he's Shun's guy or not, but I do know that we killed someone else for possibly less than that.

A

Nevill

Arcane
Back to the business with Jing.

Guys, did we kill an imperial agent just for the evulz a few updates ago?

Because we are now going to introduce ourselves to another imperial agent that is extremely dangerous - far more than the previous one - on a hunch that maybe he is our ally.

Edit: Huh. :| Simultaneous posting.

Baltika9

Arcane
As glorious as an update of Zhang Jue single-handedly causing - and winning - a civil war is, I'd like to get back to the topic of Gao Ying. I am going to go with A on the basis that we killed the Imperial agent we met at the mansion for knowing our identity, and this eunuch seems about ten times more dangerous. I don't know if he's Shun's guy or not, but I do know that we killed someone else for possibly less than that.
Back to the business with Jing.

Guys, did we kill an imperial agent just for the evulz a few updates ago?

Because we are now going to introduce ourselves to another imperial agent that is extremely dangerous - far more than the previous one - on a hunch that maybe he is our ally.
The circumstances were different, we were eliminating a potential threat in total secrecy. Got it.
This is different, if Gao is an enemy of us and the Shun, both A and B make him an enemy. If he is indeed Shun's agent, though, A makes him an enemy anyway while B at least gets him off our case.

Baltika9

Arcane
Baltika9 - B
Jester - B
Kipeci - B
ERYFKRAD - B
Anabanana - B
Tigranes - B
Nevill - A
Ifeex - B
Azira - C
Stygian Lurker - B
Grimgravy - A
asxetos - A
GreyViper - A
RealDDc - C
Lambchop19 - C > A
Kipeci - B > A
ScubaV - B > A
Absinthe - B > C
TOME - A
The Brazilian Slaughter - A

Current tally:

A - 6
B - 11
C - 3

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Does anyone seriously believe that Gao is Shun's agent? He might be double agent but that he is serving Shun and Shun alone?

Nevill

Arcane
Let Shun get him off our case, if Guo Ying is even our ally, ok? We have sent beggars to him about the whole Minamoto business, it is a matter of time until we meet him.

An enemy that knows everything about us is the worst enemy we could possibly have right now. For all we know, we are the only person Shun can trust, he said so himself. If that trust is severed - and a secret police have ways of doing that - then he truly would be left blind.

Besides, if Gao Ying is Shun's agent and has an extensive network penetrating to the darkest reaches of the pugilistic world (such as BDS), isn't our mission pretty much done at this point?

Tome said:
Does anyone seriously believe that Gao is Shun's agent? He might be double agent but that he is serving Shun and Shun alone?
No fucking way. He keeps his share of secrets, as evidenced by Hei brothers.

Baltika9

Arcane
Alright, if Gao decides we're an enemy and gives chase, how exactly is Shun getting him off our ass? We didn't schedule an appointment with him and the guy is on his annual incognito inspection.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom