Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

asxetos

Augur
We lost an eye for Yu, we bought his way out of Yuhua Hall, we've been honest with him about our past, we've even taken up a ghost sidequest with him. If he leaves us for this bitch, it is he who is UNBRO, not Jing. We've been taking one for the team since we left the tournament, he fucking owes it to us to help us out for a little while. Loyalty goes both ways.

He left with Changgeng the first time already, and we were badly hurt at the momment too.
But you cant really blame a bro for chasing after tail.

Baltika9

Arcane
Yes you can. Bros b4 hoes.
We lost an eye for Yu, we bought his way out of Yuhua Hall, we've been honest with him about our past, we've even taken up a ghost sidequest with him. If he leaves us for this bitch, it is he who is UNBRO, not Jing. We've been taking one for the team since we left the tournament, he fucking owes it to us to help us out for a little while. Loyalty goes both ways.
We lost an eye because of our dumb luck, not for him though. And Changfeng did save his very life from the purge of his whole clan, we just bought him out of slavery and went to see some ghosts. And he's in love with her for realsies.

GreyViper

Prophet
Well treave did a good job salvaging this situation .
The question is what do we do now that we know few, sure events might not follow same path. One thing Im certain that Xiahou Yu i an asset we should have with us to compliment our skills. C sounds good, but don't we have a deadline?
C for now.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
:lol:

Ah man, I'm butthurt about this whole thing. No one ever wants to be the manipulative, opportunistic, cautious, sycophantic, asshole pragmatist like I keep voting for. It's all YOLOTigers and friendship is magic with you guys.

Tentative B>A vote. Ignore everything that delays our arrival to Emei and healing.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
B. As much as I would liked to keep scholarbro and liberating slave girls, but Jing isn't in any condition to do so. Yunzi doesn't really have any motivation that she would figh her just so that we could take her with us, even if she might be eager to test her skills against Chanfeng. We most likely lose Yu for while and Xiaoqi, but perhaps three of them could be successful in saving other Wunan members.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Voting A.

Going alone in her condition (hell, in ours, too) would be suicidal. Now, I wouldn't care much, but Yu is begging us not to let her go. And I've got an impression that Yu is the type who does not plead others easily. He would want us to stop her, by whatever means possible, at least until she heals up and he can come up with a solid plan that actually has a chance of success. If we let her go, he will follow. The man really wants to follow her to the ends of the earth, the thought was driving him for three years now. And if we want to let him go, it is better to do so directly, right now, with Jester's D, than to try and talk him out of it. Jing would never have listened if somebody tried to do so, why would Yu?

Yu is one of the very few people Jing can actually trust, and I treasure our friendship. It does not happen often that he is desperately asking us for a favor. Not to grant one to him would be low, especially if it doen't really cost us anything.

He will be okay if we had to rough her up to do it. He is a smart and perceptive guy, he will understand.
And I may be petty, but I don't think Jing would mind it, either.

Sure, Changfeng can leave later, but I trust that Yu can come up with something smart to keep her from doing outright stupid things. At the very least, if they decide to part ways with us, let them go together. Three people are a potent team.

The Brazilian Slaughter said:
What garantees that Yunzi is going to help us in this fight?
First, we are asking her to kick the butt of a woman who tried to kidnap her three years ago. Would she really pass up such a chance?
Second, she owes us. For both saving her life three years ago, and from the ghosts.
Third, there is this bit:
“This Liu Chanfeng,” says Yunzi, “She’s the one that attacked us a few years back, right?” There is a slight gleam in her eyes; one more of excitement than vengeance – you know that feeling. Having been beaten rather soundly by the woman before, you would be pleased to test your skills against her one more time… though you might not be in the best condition to do so. She likely feels the same, though you cannot rule out that she would also be curious about the woman's role in the assault on the Ashina tribe.
She will help us with glee. Not that you would guess that from her words, with her being a tsundere and all.

Yunzi is in top condition, she will subdue Changfeng easily.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Uh, which option lets Yu go with Changfeng? Jester's D? That, I'd vote for.

In the meantime, we must learn to shoot qi out of our eye socket.

Nevill

Arcane
Esquilax said:
If he leaves us for this bitch, it is he who is UNBRO, not Jing. We've been taking one for the team since we left the tournament, he fucking owes it to us to help us out for a little while. Loyalty goes both ways.
You don't need him right now. He will beg you to go after her. If you say 'no', what do you want him to do instead? Carry your luggage to the Mt. Emei?

Sure, he may still listen to you, but why are you doing this? And since there is no logical answer, why is it UNBRO for him to leave?

There are some things that you just have to do, no matter what your obligations to other people are. You know how Yu feels about you and about Changfeng, so you'd better have a good reason to make him choose between you.

Elfberserker said:
Yunzi doesn't really have any motivation that she would figh her just so that we could take her with us, even if she might be eager to test her skills against Chanfeng.
She does not need one to beat her up.

Absinthe

Arcane
Treave does not disappoint. :lol: One-eyed Jing. Man, we will make one hell of a ninja pirate.

Voting A>B>C. I'm not sure, but if Xiahou Yu is pleading with us to stop her, A it is.

ERYFKRAD, I think that's going to be A or C.

treave, if we somehow do vote C, does that mean we will have Xiahou Yu with us? I'd feel safer dealing with Youxia City when Xiahou Yu is helping us.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Basically, A lets Yunzi do all the work, while getting both Yunzi and Yu relationship points, and probably losing some of Changfeng's and Xiaoqi's (damn :(). If the woman decides to flee later, it's no skin off your back - you would do your part, and Yu wouldn't feel betrayed.

And aren't you itching to punch her in the face yourself?

The Brazilian Slaughter said:
She will probably molest Jing for her troubles but who says that's a bad thing?
I hope Jing gives her the biggest hug he has upon arrival. The girl is the closest thing to family he ever had, after Shun, or maybe even before that, since he is our liege, first and foremost.

Absinthe

Arcane
I'm strongly hoping we can go to Emei for medical help (and possibly assistance against the Han slavery the BDS is implicated in - Emei would not stand for this).

Esquilax

Arcane
Ah man, I'm butthurt about this whole thing. No one ever wants to be the manipulative, opportunistic, cautious, sycophantic, asshole pragmatist like I keep voting for. It's all YOLOTigers and friendship is magic with you guys.

I went with the stupid "fight the city" choice first because I was pissed we accepted the mission to begin with and I knew that the solo mission would fuck us up anyways (it was winning at the time), but it's overall a matter of realizing that being unaffiliated with anybody like Xu Jing is means that you have to be a survivor. Now, there are limits to where I'd manipulate people - I wouldn't do anything to manipulate Guo Fu or put his family in danger - but you gotta realize that if you're on your own and in the cutthroat world of the unorthodox jianghu, you gotta embrace your inner hustler to a certain extent. We don't have a big sect watching our backs, so we have to do what it takes to survive when the chips are down.

We lost an eye because of our dumb luck, not for him though. And Changfeng did save his very life from the purge of his whole clan, we just bought him out of slavery and went to see some ghosts. And he's in love with her for realsies.

Good point. Plus she has a vagina and we don't, so the odds of convincing him are pretty slim. Our bro is cuntstruck.

As for our mission, I believe that finding the slaves in C will yield a lot of progress for Shun's mission. Gao Ying will chase us down without a doubt considering we're travelling with Chanfeng. He probably knows that the slaves are heading to Youxia City too. However, the other Wunan sect members are probably privy to details that Chanfeng may have forgotten.

The upside here is that we've finally got a name on who issued the capture of the Prince, maybe Chanfeng is mistaken. We would get a clearer picture of the story by meeting with more Wunan sect members. The fact that the orders probably came from Eunuch Li is corroborated by the fact that the Imperial agent that we killed was Li's man. However, this is still speculation - the Wunan sect members that have been enslaved could have heard something that Chanfeng didn't during her imprisonment. Plus, I suspect that there's more to it; they specifically aimed to capture Prince Shun on Tujue territory.

However, at this point, we're half-blind, half-crippled, and just exhausted. I think that Yunzi would be willing to subdue Chanfeng, but we'd probably have to handle Xiaoqi as well. Flopped my original post to A.

Good, good. We lost an eye, but that is a good trade for not playing the man in the iron mask and we do have our perception technique. What would hurt the most was a loss of all those story threads we have been following so far and that I was really looking forward to.

C. You offer to go with her. Youxia City sounds like a fun place, and if it’s to free her sisters from slavery it is for a good cause.

Yeah, this isn't one of those stories. I don't like the woman or her attitude. If the scholar wants to leave with her, let him. Voting B.
Hell, as far as I'm concerned we should ask Yunzi to go with her to help as well. Tell Yunzi we unfortunately can't go along because we are hurt and because we can't afford to miss an important meeting. With our fiancée. :troll:

edit: Flopped to A. We should at least try to salvage this for the scholar's sake and Yunzi is probably just waiting to repay her anyway. Fuck if I know what we are going to do with her later though, but maybe the scholar will have some ideas.

Last edited:

Anabanana

Augur
If we go with A, it'll probably be too late to go after the slave traders. I doubt that they'll hang around in Youxia waiting for us to recover, and who knows what will happen on our way to Emei.

Nevill

Arcane
We can't do anything for the slaves right now. Yu and Changfeng probably can, but they'd need support from one of the orthodox sects to do so. And you should not attempt to split them up for them to have a chance at it.

In our state, we will be an even match for Xiaoqi. That is, if she still isn't afraid of being touched by us. And Yunzi promised her to show some of her moves - I think if Xiaoqi's new sister will prevail over her old mistress, it would lessen Changfeng's influence on the impressionable girl.

Zero Credibility said:
Hell, as far as I'm concerned we should ask Yunzi to go with her to help as well.
As if. Unlike kicking Changfeng around, she really has no reason to do this for her.

Last edited:

Esquilax

Arcane
I'm strongly hoping we can go to Emei for medical help (and possibly assistance against the Han slavery the BDS is implicated in - Emei would not stand for this).

I think that the situation is more complicated than that. Youxia City isn't territory actually held by the government - so Tang laws against slavery don't really mean shit to a city of hustlers and crooks. Besides, these guys are great at covering their tracks:

“They do not sell the slaves here - they will drug them, disguise them as foreigners and transport them up north, to a place called Youxia City. I just have to strike there.”

What are we going to do? Enlist Emei's help to track down slavers when we've fought off honest, law-abiding pugilists to aid pirates? Our rep is nowhere near good enough to (a) get these guys to trust our word on it, and (b) even if it was, supposing by some miracle we manage to enlist Emei's help, the Wunan sect members will all be far from Youxia by the time we manage to convince them to aid us. Those slaves are going to be sold to God-knows-who at that point, and then they'll all disperse to some obscure corner of China. If you wanna seek them out, you gotta do it now. Otherwise, finding them is going to be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Nevill

Arcane
Esquilax said:
I think that the situation is more complicated than that. Youxia City isn't territory actually held by the government - so Tang laws against slavery don't really mean shit to a city of hustlers and crooks.
The laws can not be upheld by the government, is that what you mean?

It doesn't mean that a group of pugilists cannot be incited to commit a raid against them. For greater justice, of course.

Zero Credibility said:
Hell, as far as I'm concerned we should ask Yunzi to go with her to help as well.
As if. Unlike kicking Changfeng around, she really has no reason to do this for her.
Can't hurt to try. Appeal to her position in the fire cult - they said they were the only ones able to protect the people - well, now is her chance to prove it. If she can't go herself she can at least call some of her cult members to help.

Baltika9

Arcane
We're getting way ahead of ourselves here. Deal with Changfeng first and then see what we can do from there. If Yu decides to leave with her as soon as he comes to, favorable winds to them and good luck. If they can be talked into seeing the Emei, great, more people on the road for us.

Absinthe

Arcane
What are we going to do? Enlist Emei's help to track down slavers when we've fought off honest, law-abiding pugilists to aid pirates? Our rep is nowhere near good enough to (a) get these guys to trust our word on it, and (b) even if it was, supposing by some miracle we manage to enlist Emei's help, the Wunan sect members will all be far from Youxia by the time we manage to convince them to aid us. Those slaves are going to be sold to God-knows-who at that point, and then they'll all disperse to some obscure corner of China. If you wanna seek them out, you gotta do it now. Otherwise, finding them is going to be like looking for a needle in a haystack.
Well, unless you really want to go to Youxia City now, it seems that getting the assistance of the Emei is superior to the alternatives. Besides, we need to get healed.

As for why they'd help us: We're neutral with the Emei, okay with the Abbess, and one of the Emei Sect's principles is "Help will be given to those who ask for it." We're asking for the Emei Sect's assistance to stop slavery of ethnic Han women. That's not us just asking a stupid favor out of them. That's us asking them to do something about these crimes that go strongly against the law and their values. We could have -75 rep with Emei and they would still feel compelled to act on this issue.

As for why they could be successful, the Abbess Miecao herself was a notorious outlaw back in the day, so it's quite possible she's got the skills to trace the criminal underworld.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Zero Credibility said:
Can't hurt to try. Appeal to her position in the fire cult - they said they were the only ones able to protect the people - well, now is her chance to prove it.
Dude, Changfeng tried to kidnap hep. No way in hell Yunzi is lifting a finger for her.
The Fire Cult is preparing for the big show, they have neither time nor the firepower to spare.

No, we are in no position to help the slaves now.

Esquilax said:
What are we going to do? Enlist Emei's help to track down slavers when we've fought off honest, law-abiding pugilists to aid pirates?
Let Yu do the thinking. And talking. He has a survivor and a witness with him, too. If he manages to find allies, the raid on Youxia City might provide some insight on where the slaves went. We don't need to track them all.
But this is a matter for the future. For now, we should deal with more immediate problems.

Last edited:

Esquilax

Arcane
As for why they'd help us: We're neutral with the Emei, okay with the Abbess, and one of the Emei Sect's principles is "Help will be given to those who ask for it." We're asking for the Emei Sect's assistance to stop slavery of ethnic Han women. That's not us just asking a stupid favor out of them. That's us asking them to do something about these crimes that go strongly against the law and their values. We could have -75 rep with Emei and they would still feel compelled to act on this issue.

As for why they could be successful, the Abbess Miecao herself was a notorious outlaw back in the day, so it's quite possible she's got the skills to trace the criminal underworld.

That's a pretty loose definition of "help". Perhaps treave, can clarify, but I figured it was more along the lines of seeking sanctuary or succor at a church when you're facing hardship (i.e. they'll give you a place to say and something to eat if you're down on your luck, it doesn't mean that they'll assemble the Adeptas Soriritas just because some random schmo asked them to).

I dunno man, I think that trying to enlist help in stopping some anti-government slavers is going to be a hard sell when we've staked a good bit of our rep in fighting off a bunch of respected patriots and we're a known outlaw ourselves. "Man Tiger Pig wants to stop some slavers? He's obviously got something far more devious in mind." They aren't going to hear us out.

Our rep is neutral, which doesn't help the point either. Neutral means that they have nothing against us and won't hinder us personally, it doesn't mean that they're blind to what our overall rep in the world is and that they value our world. It's funny that our reputation with so many factions is so bad that "neutral" has become the new "good" when it comes to reputation. As long as they don't want to kill us, our reputation is good with them. :lol:

As for Abbess Miecao, she has a sect to run. She might give us some aid covertly - in fact, I'd count on it - but she isn't going to do anything publicly for us. Miecao and the Frathouse might be in charge of their sects, but they still have to bow down to pressure from both other sects and they have to deal with internal politics as well. That's what the whole conspiracy at the tournament was designed to do - force the hand of the various sect heads. They're obviously in charge and extremely well-respected, but even they have to deal with people telling them what to do.

Nevill

Arcane
On an unrelated note, it takes a month and a half to get to the Mt. Emei, and Yunzi may still want to return to the Fire Cult.

Can't Jing finally ask her what happened with the Ashina tribe?

Esquilax said:
I figured it was more along the lines of seeking sanctuary or succor at a church when you're facing hardship (i.e. they'll give you a place to say and something to eat if you're down on your luck, it doesn't mean that they'll assemble the Adeptas Soriritas just because some random schmo asked them to)
What are they keeping the castration squads for, then?
The Emei are understaffed, so I'd rather not have them raiding anyone. But the Abbess (the Abbess, not Man Tiger Pig, mind you) may want to let the other sect heads know of the slave trade, and together they would be able to muster quite a force. It is what Jing wanted to do in the first place - to use the orthodoxes for shutting down BDS operations.

They still probably can't do anything until the challenge is resolved. So that's our incentive to help them win.

Absinthe

Arcane
Treave, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Jing's neigong should still be unusable?

Last edited:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
hmmm, I am torn between A and B.

There is just one question that I need answer for. Why would Yunzi fight Chanfeng, if she starts screaming about her sisters in slavery? Yunzi might not care about Chanfeng, but is she that cold that she would let only hope for those women to be taken with us against her will? There is also unknown factor called Xiaoqi here. We don't know, if she has more tricks than smokebombs in her sleeve nor have any idea about her fighting skills.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom