Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

That's a pretty silly argument, but whatever.

Baltika9

Arcane
You voted to let Changfeng go alone and maybe tell Yunzi to go help her free the slaves. I am just telling you that this will never work.
That's a pretty silly argument, but whatever.
You are right, this will never work. But for one very simple and different reason: option B says absolutely nothing about "You ask Yunzi to help her." I think you'd have to start your own freeform option for that.

Baltika9

Arcane
What I meant was, if you want to ask Yunzi to help out, then B won't work like that.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Gloat all you like Esquilax, if it weren't for certain bros choices, we wouldn't have needed a rollback at all. Also, quit calling the people who voted to reload to this point popamolers, folks. It was a reload either way.
I don't think you guys want to go anywhere but Emei at this point? But yeah, A gives you the chance of her going along with you, B gives you the chance of Yu running off to follow her.
B>A - I want to try and save the eye.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fangshi

Arcane
:lol: Wow, so one eyed Jing eh? Well I can get behind that , just get a sexy eyepatch and we are halfway to the harem ending already, BJ will swoon as soon as he sees us :troll:.

So onto the options:

C) Ha, called it, "Bros we can't go there, it is totally a the Youxia City, WE WILL DIE..." If we do pick C it might be better to try and infiltrate the city as a prospective slave owner rather than some "do-gooder". We could take on the persona of someone looking to start a mandingo "foxy boxing" ring and we came to Youxia city to check out the stock. Scope out the slave pens and then have Chanfeng and Xiaoqi infiltrate the place and spring her friends out (hell free all the slaves and watch the damn city burn to the ground for all I care). We will have to rely on Jing's cunning and quick wits and the strengths of the group (no solo shit this time) as physically he is not up to the task.

B) Is not too bad but I don't really like the idea of Chanfeng just running off with Yu in hot pursuit, if they are not careful (which they probably won't be) that city will eat them alive and it is entirely possible they will wind up working at cross-purposes. If Chanfeng can't be swayed it would be better if they stopped and at least came up with a plan first which brings us to...

A) If Jing/Yunzi can beat her it would give us some time to actually come up with a plan.

At the very least we could set up a system where by if Chanfeng and Yu get captured they could get a message to us at Emei so we could try to save them. For example when they get to Youxia have them leave a coded message with the Beggers (or a sufficiently mercenary but professional group) with instructions to send it on to us at Emei if they do not return within a set period of time. If we get the message then we know they failed and we can try to help them. It is at least better then everyone always running off all the time (something Jing is pretty guilty of as well). Hell if we can start coordinating things at least a little bit our chances of success go up substantially.

As for whether or not we can take her in our condition, I am not sure, Yunzi is easily the best fighter in the group at the moment so as long as she backs us we could probably win but Chanfeng and Xiaoqi are not trying to beat us, they just need to escape and I could easily see a situation where we grab Xiaoqi and she hits us with a dozen smoke bombs which would give Chanfeng time to escape. It is a bit of a gamble but I am willing to go for it since I don't think Chanfeng will go so far as to try and kill us right after we helped save her (I could be wrong what with the whole "heart of ice" thing though). If she does escape we probably won't be able to talk Yu out of doing something stupid so we should definitely set up a way to communicate in case he needs help.

We could probably get Emei help if we told them a little white lie, for example if we told the Abbess that the slaves are a lead connected to the conspiracy at the tournament (which is largely true though not in the way she would think). I honestly doubt that the fire cult would help, the only reason to ask is to attempt to undermine Yunzi's faith in them but there already seems to be some tension there and we probably should not try to manipulate her (at the very least find out what happened to her people first so we can make the proper arguments for ditching the Persians).

So:

A>B>C would be my order of preference (I would love another shot at breaking Youxia City but we would probably just get killed/further injured and every injury we pick up just makes it easier to get further injured, at a certain point we just have to say no to the side quests and actually try to recover or we will fail the major arcs.)

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well I can get behind that , just get a sexy eyepatch and we are halfway to the harem ending already, BJ will swoon as soon as he sees us.
She. treave said that the rollback was imperfect.
We definitely must strip Bai Jiutian next time we'll be fighting her. Just to verify if the theory about the parallel worlds is correct. It is strictly for scientific purposes, you see.

I want to try and save the eye.
X-files%2520-%2520I%2520Want%2520to%2520Believe%2520poster%255B1%255D.png%3Fimgmax%3D800

Last edited:

Fangshi

Arcane
Nevill said:
We definitely must strip Bai Jiutian next time we'll be fighting her

That fight will be a nightmare for BJ, half of the voters will be determined to reveal his/her "true" identity. The flirting, the stripping, hell even if he wins BJ will end the match completely naked, he will be devastated...

Esquilax

Arcane
If you want to help slaves, talk Changfend out of her stupid idea, and get Yu to come up with a real plan.

A good rule of thumb to keep in mind in situations is that if Xiahou Yu thinks something is a bad idea, don't do it.

Great observation on Xiaoqi possibly being the impostor that attacked us. However, I think that our immunity to the Yuhua Duqing Palm that she used had more to do with our neigong, which is inactive:

This is unmistakeably the Yuhua Duqing Palm.

It is different this time, however. You are not who you once were.

Excitement boils within you. Your qi stirs in response.

Like a rising tide of formless mud, Yuanshi Hundun rises up to meet the agonizing qi, swallowing it whole. The strike is still enough to leave you breathless, but you are otherwise unharmed. There was too little inner strength behind that blow to overcome your neigong.

We could drown out the assault with our inner strength before, but now we'll have to make do without. Still, I think that you're right that Yu was certainly going to follow Chanfeng to Youxia City, obviously because he'd be listening to his heart rather than his head. Or rather, listening to his other head. Really, they are bound to catch a ton of heat at Youxia and I'm certain that Gao Ying will be able to track them down easily.

Tensions and emotions are high right now, and I think A is just the best bet to get everybody to calm down and start thinking rationally about how to evade the authorities and progress our goals. Divided we stand, and united we'll fall, so this means we gotta take the risk of facing Xiaoqi in order to be able to calm down and work together.

Gloat all you like Esquilax, if it weren't for certain bros choices, we wouldn't have needed a rollback at all. Also, quit calling the people who voted to reload to this point popamolers, folks. It was a reload either way.

Hey, I'm very happy that we took our beating like a man and got the stat hit, we deserved it. I was mainly against the idea of taking an easy way out - which is why I didn't want the rollback. Plus I liked the premise of working our way through our bad situation with Gao Ying, it was intriguing to me. But since it doesn't feel like we got away scot-free, I'm satisfied with this, though I of course would have preferred to soldier on after the assassination of the police chief. But really, there was this rationalizing and expectation that we'd be able to come out of this just as we would have without a reload, and I'm happy that wasn't the case.

Anyways, there is no saving the eye. Unless Master Yao has some sort of ancient Chinese remedy for a case of arrow through the eyeball, it's safe to say that the stat loss is... PERmanent.

:yeah:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
However, I think that our immunity to the Yuhua Duqing Palm that she used had more to do with our neigong, which is inactive:
It has to do with the nature of our qi. We can't use it, but it is still there.

Though I see Yuanshi Hundun was mentioned in the update. Hmmm.

Kipeci

Arcane
We should scoop out the jelly, hit up Chi Quilin, and ask her if we can install a snake in our eye socket.

Voting A

Fangshi

Arcane
That or we scoop out the jelly, hit up Yoriwaka, and ask him if we can install a ninja in our eye socket...

Actually how big are Xiaoqi's smoke bombs, we could get one painted up as a fake eye and use it in emergencies.

Our eye is "injured", not completely destroyed. Let's see if Cao'er can do anything before "scooping out the goo". Also, Esquilax brings up a good point about fighting Changfeng's palm without our inner strength. We could die or be injured even more severely. A little early for another reload isn't it?

Baltika9

Arcane
Our neiggong kept us safe from three consecutive strikes when we didn't even know how to use and before we unlocked it. And it's still there, our body is just in no shape to use it. Just thought I should point that out.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
That's a pretty loose definition of "help". Perhaps treave, can clarify, but I figured it was more along the lines of seeking sanctuary or succor at a church when you're facing hardship (i.e. they'll give you a place to say and something to eat if you're down on your luck, it doesn't mean that they'll assemble the Adeptas Soriritas just because some random schmo asked them to).

It's not out of the question for them to stamp out Youxia City, but I think you'll find that it's the sort of thing that requires a concerted effort to do.

The problem is that if you choose anything but to go to Youxia City immediately you will lose the trail of the Wunan girls that Chanfeng wants to free. Go to Emei? Ask Yunzi for Fire Cult help? That's more than enough time for the girls to disappear, making it a pointless offer to Chanfeng.

Also, if the orthodox pugilists raid the city in force, that means the Bandit Kingdom will act. And they do have considerable military strength. Emei won't be able to do it alone, and this means the other sects are going to have to pitch in. You're basically calling the Eight Sects down on the city. It's quite a lot to ask for, mobilizing the most powerful pugilists in the country on your word.

Treave, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Jing's neigong should still be unusable?

It's still unusable, yes.

Regarding your defense from the Yuhua Duqing Palm, your neigong helps you defend from it more effectively, but you still have a measure of resistance without it. Just like how you only suffered crippling pain in the prologue and didn't die.

Our eye is "injured", not completely destroyed.

By the time you get to Emei it'll be done for. You don't have the skill to heal it yourself. :lol:

I wonder what the permanent stat loss would have been in the OTHER reload, if not for the rollback? We get hit in the head, so...INT?

By the time you get to Emei it'll be done for. You don't have the skill to heal it yourself. :lol:
:hmmm:
Crap. I vote we scoop out the goo and throw it at treave.

Last edited by a moderator:

LWC1996

Learned
A>B.

I'm only picking A first becoz of Yu. Sentiment and all that shit. But I'm not adverse to leaving him to his own devices shud the object of his crush wants to run off to save the world.

I've already done my best and gone above and beyond the call of friendship. And if one is dumb enough not to listen, then it's not my problem anymore. I have bigger fish to fry, like getting my injuries treated, after doing the right bro thing with sidequests with the ghost etc.

Anything else than A & B, is crazy. We need to get ourselves healed FIRST. No more sidequests for now.

' Tis how we got in trouble in the first place. C is not even an option to be considered.

We did the YOLOTiger shit already disastrous consequences. Enough is enough.

GET THEE ASS TO EMEI ALREADY!

Last edited:

Fangshi

Arcane
Well this is all based on getting Chanfeng to actually sit still long enough to come up with a plan (which will require beating her in A) but what if Chanfeng, Xiaoqi and Yu go ahead to keep tabs on the girls (maybe act as representatives of a "big slave owner" from the south interested in purchasing the girls) they can spy on/negotiate for the slaves and generally keep tabs on them. If they think they can break them out then do so, if they can't Jing and company can come to reinforce them (perhaps with Emei help). Use Xiaoqi as a messenger if necessary.

Anabanana

Augur

Told you we should've gone for the Yuhe Finger! We could've just poked ourselves in the eye and be done with this whole one-eyed bullshit!

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Man, a day later and 6 pages of discuss...moving on.
B We're in no position to fight. If our scholar still wants to help his "lady" so be it.

LWC1996

Learned
I don't think you guys want to go anywhere but Emei at this point? But yeah, A gives you the chance of her going along with you, B gives you the chance of Yu running off to follow her.

And also, isn't this hint enough to stop being an idiot YOLOTiger bent on saving the slave girls?? So really, one SHOULDN'T even consider C at this point in time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom