Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Guys? Can we please stick to voting on what treave lines up as possible choices, instead of making our own E, D, F, G and H options?
That really screwed us over just recently. It's greedy to think we can have our cake and eat it too, and actually I'm happy we were punished for it.
Sorry, but that is not a very good argument if treave lets us make other choices. If you think that choice is wrong, then argue against it. Just saying it wasn't what treave originally offered so it must be wrong is not an argument, unless you believe that treave would be vindictive against us just because we have chosen something he didn't originally think of.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Okay, I can't believe I'm having to spell this out.

She doesn't want him going with her. That's why she immobilized him with pressure points in the first place, and what it was implied that they were also arguing about. He couldn't really stop her from leaving if she wanted to, they both know that, and he'd have run off after her if she didn't do it. Actually encouraging Yu to go after her right now doesn't solve anything except splitting up your party. She still doesn't want him to follow her into Youxia City.

And you can unfreeze him immediately by hitting the same points, but doing so without fighting Chanfeng will let her get away before you can talk to her. You'd have to do something, like, say, having Yunzi keep her busy.
That is understandable. It is no less obvious that Yu does not want to let her go alone. We have a conflict of interests here, and we have to resolve in one way or the other. We don't need to encourage Yu to do anything - he is ready to run after her as it is.

If Changfeng leaves no matter what, best case scenario would be Yu persuading her to let him join her, and thinking something up about how the slaves can be freed. Because Changfeng does not sound like a good thinker from what I have observed. Worst case scenario, she runs away alone and gets caught, and Yu gets himself in trouble trying to bail her out for the second time. That is exactly what B tries to accomplish.

Incapacitating her, keeping her busy and trying to persuade her not to do something stupid seems like a better choice, as far as Yu is concerned.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Fangshi said:
That is the biggest problem I can see with A, if we attack and she gets away we will have no time to explain ourselves and we will lose a potential ally.
Yunzi is faster than both Changfeng and Xiaoqi combined. I don't think you can get away from her easily.

But even so, trying to do something is better, because the most important ally for us is Yu. It is him we are doing this for.

Fangshi said:
Which is why I would like to try and subdue her, with Yu immobilized and Chanfeng tied up the two can have a nice long talk and work out a proper plan instead of yelling at each other.
Exactly, everyone needs to cool their heads a bit.

Tigranes said:
Yunzi will think it highly weird that we are asking her to subdue Changfeng instead of doing it ourselves, if she even feels it is necessary to stop her anyway.
No, she does not think that stopping her is necessary. She does not care about her, or even Yu, for that matter. But she thinks it would be a fun thing to rough her up - she wants to test herself against her, I've quoted the relevant text.

So regardless of our reasons, I think she will accept whatever excuse lets her prove her superiority over Changfeng.

Last edited:

Fangshi

Arcane
Nevill said:
Yunzi is faster than both Changfeng and Xiaoqi combined. I don't think you can get away from her easily.

Oh definitely, my concern is those damn smoke bombs which could really throw a wrinkle in our plans (incidentally if Jing and co. by some miracle do become one big happy family we should get the recipe for those off of Xiaoqi it would be very useful).

Hopefully Yunzi will act quickly and Xiaoqi will be conflicted over what to do since she really likes Yunzi (although instinct may kick in as we are attacking her mistress) and it should help that we are not actually trying to seriously harm her mistress.

I think they actually stand a good chance of pulling off a jailbreak if they would just work together instead of against each other. And if it all does go south then at least Yu knows we tried to help like you say.

everyone needs to cool their heads a bit

It is kind of funny, and totally fitting, that our way of calming everyone down involves escalating the situation. :lol:

Esquilax

Arcane
Also, which one is the brains, Esquilax or Yu?

Er... I think I should mention at this point that I did vote for the insane six pugilists vs Youxia City option due to personal butthurt and a last-minute flop. But thanks anyways!

Hrmph. I'm reasonably persuaded by the A case, and Yu is indeed critical to our fortunes (even if the one time he explicitly helped us he cocked it up), I'm just worried because A option explicitly states subdue, and that we are not in a condition for a duel. Yunzi will think it highly weird that we are asking her to subdue Changfeng instead of doing it ourselves, if she even feels it is necessary to stop her anyway.

When Yu isn't boozing it up, he's invaluable. As for Yunzi, she won't think it's weird on account of uh, you know, "I just lost my fucking eye. What the fuck are you doing standing there? Help me put this crazy bitch down, I can't do it myself."

Also, we haven't had a chance to really talk with Changfeng, so she doesn't really see us as friends or at least 'reasonable people' in the way Yu and Yunzi see us. If we resort to force now she will escape, and then after that she will think of us the same as the BDS and the rest of her enemies, especially given her black and white personality. Yu will resent us for this, but more importantly, it will cut us off from a valuable human connection that may yield further benefits down the line (although I find it rather disappointing that Changfeng had so little to say about the Ashani affair).

Hey, that's cool, we don't need to be friends right away. What we need is to calm down and think of how to work together. Really, we should put things in perspective - the very fact that Jing and Chanfeng are having a conversation at this point instead of her attacking us is pretty remarkable in and of itself. I highly doubt that Yu will resent us; he didn't want her to go in the first place because he knew it would be certain death. Yeah, he may not appreciate that we got Yunzi to rough up Chanfeng, but he was pleading for her to stay anyways.

He had a pleading look on his face because he knows that any excursion that she takes to Youxia City is one that she won't be coming back from. Now, she might escape, she might not, but we're not doing this for Chanfeng, we're doing it for Yu. I am willing to take this risk because we stand a much better chance of surviving if we all calm down and start working together. We know that Yu is going to chase after Chanfeng regardless of what we say because he's a fool in love - and we need him to help us outsmart the likes of Gao Ying now that we're being pursued.

I'm not advocating doing anything crazy, the way I see it. Chanfeng is in terrible condition from her imprisonment, while Yunzi is at 100% and already spoiling for a fight with Chanfeng anyways. Xiaoqi is a bit more unpredictable, but even she seems unwilling to abandon Yunzi and join up with Chanfeng again.

Flopping to A. If she is insisting on going alone then we should at least make a token effort at stopping her, for scholar's sake. Maybe he has an idea or two and can talk her into a marginally more rational plan later.

Nevill

Arcane
treave said:
I received my mission from the Hei brothers of the Black Dragon Society… that was back when I was still useful to them. Take it up with them if you want to know who gave them the orders, though it was probably either the Lady Wu or Grand Eunuch Li. The older one was there that night, gathering riders from another tribe. The mission was to take the Crown Prince into custody, not kill him. Why did we elect to do it all the way out in Tujue territory, involving the Ashina? I do not know. Figure it out yourself.
treave, does the name of Lady Wu sound familiar to Jing? I mean, it's a safe bet that she is one of the concubines for the Emperor, but does he know anything about her? Was she even around three years ago?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Yup, she's one of the bigger names in the Emperor's harem. Doesn't like your buddy Shun, thinks her son has a better claim to being Crown Prince. No surprises here.

Rex Feral

Prophet
I'm A for gentle subduing. Like, tender and suave, as to minimise the loss of approval from party members.

If it's gonna be rough and tough consider me B.

And no fucking way we visit Youxia City. I hope we never see that shithole for the rest of this LP.

Rex Feral

Prophet
I take it if we bondage and then tentacle rape her we'll get a -10 with Yu...and everyone else.

We should try to be smooth.

LWC1996

Learned
Gyah! Ignore this. I didn't notice that Absinthe had already spoken since the last update. My mistake. I genuinely didn't see his posts.

Last edited:

TOME

Cuckmaster General
So that we know what's what when rereading this.

Jing's stats after "Icy Heart"
Character Sheet

Strength: 8 (5)
Perception: 4 (3)
Endurance: 5
Charisma: 7
Intelligence: 7
Agility: 8 (5)
Luck: 1

-----

Orthodoxy:
-385 (Infamously Unorthodox)

Factions:

Ashina Tribe: +100 (Idolized)

Bandit Kingdom: -20 (Shunned)

Imperial Court: -50 (Disliked)

Songfeng Sword School: -95 (Hated)

Luoying Manor: +50 (Liked)

Beggars' Sect: +20 (Neutral)

Emei Sect: -15 (Neutral)

Qingcheng Sect: -15 (Neutral)

Wudang Sect: +10 (Neutral)

Shaolin Temple: 0 (Neutral)

Huashan Sect: -40 (Disliked)

Kunlun Sect: -25 (Shunned)

Taishan Sect: -25 (Shunned)

Wudu Cult: 0 (Neutral)

Fire Cult: 0 (Neutral)

Yuhua Hall: +5 (Neutral)

Zhou Clan Manor: -70 (Disliked)

Minamoto Clan: +100 (Idolized)

Black Dragon Society: -50 (Disliked)

-100 Sworn Enemy
-75 Hated
-50 Disliked
-25 Shunned
0 Neutral
+25 Accepted
+50 Liked
+75 Loved
+100 Idolized

Titles:
Fellow of Luoying Manor
Champion of Young Tiger Martial Arts Tournament

----

Combat Skills:

Axe - 0/7

Bows - 0/7

Saber - 0/8

Spear - 0/7

Staff - 0/7

Sword - 5/8

Thrown Weapons - 0/7

Unarmed - 6/8

Active Skills:

Artistic Skill - 2/7

Herbalism - 5/7

Pressure Points - 4/6

Sleight-of-Hand - 1/8

Sneak - 3/8

Traps - 0/7

Passive Skills:

Drinking - 1/5

Scholarly Knowledge - 4/7

Speech - 5/7

Neigong (Inner Strength) - 5/15

Qinggong (Light Body Skill) - 4/8

-----

Techniques:
Basic Fist
Basic Swordplay

Reikan. (霊勘, Spiritual Instinct) A technique that involves the use of qi in such a way that it augments the five senses of the practitioner. It is analogous to multiple similar techniques known by martial arts practitioners in the Central Plains. It requires a calm inner state to be used effectively, with the greatest effects being seen during meditation. (+2 Perception)

Combat

Xianglong Eighteen Palms. (降龍十八掌, Dragon Subduing Eighteen Palms).
Level 2:
The Arrogant Dragon Regrets - a weak palm strike that is humble and formless, allowing you to chain it smoothly into any form of movement for infinite variations.
The Sky-Soaring Dragon - a leaping attack where you strike downwards with your palm from a high position.

Shouwang Mad Claws. (獸王狂爪, Mad Claws of the Beast King).
Level 5:
Style One - Golden Lion's Wild Beats - a mixture of swift overhead strikes and low sweeps, attacking with a circular movement.
Style Two - Bloody Diamond Horn - a powerful forward thrust, targeted at the opponent's chest.
Style Three - Diving Eagle Grip - a series of powerful grapples that emphasize on digging your fingers into the opponents tendons and locking their limbs in place.

Chuzhan Fist (除斬拳, Dividing Sundering Fist).
Level 2:
Style One - The Parched Earth Cracks - a series of rapid, forceful straight punches that aim to keep the opponent off balance.

Self-Taught Style.
Level 2:
Pine-Cutting Sword - A swift, direct lunge aimed at overwhelming the opponent with strength and speed. Modified from the first step of the Songfeng Swordplay.
Deceptive Fish Stab - A flexible and flashy three-step attack that involves luring the opponent into misjudging their distance, compounding their errors with an effective feint, and finishing them off with a quick stab. Works best with the Yuchang Sword.

Neigong
Yuanshi Hundun (原始混沌, Primordial Chaos)
Level 5: Increases the power and speed of your attacks when activated, at the cost of losing some control over your movements, making them more unpredictable (+1 Strength, +1 Agility)

Qinggong
Kuanglang Step. (狂狼步 Mad Wolf Step).
Level 4: You can move quietly at running speed in normal surroundings and hold yourself still in shadows. You can also shrug off poor grapplers, tumble, roll and dodge acrobatically, as well as run up low walls. (+2 Sneak, +1 Agility)

Recipes
Qi-Suppressing Pill
Enervation Potion
Three Poisons Powder
Three Poisons Antidote
Blood-Stemming Poultice
Yao's Protective Ointment
Herbal Remedy
Yao's Lucky Laxatives

Items:
Wodao
Wolf's Fang Amulet
Yuchang Blade
Special Five Poisons Powder
Dagger

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Baltika9 - A
The Brazilian Slaughter - A
Anabanana - B
Tigranes - B
asxetos - A > B
Esquilax - A
GreyViper - C
Smashing Axe - B > A
Elfberserker - A
Nevill - A
Absinthe - A > B
Zero Credibility - A
Azira - B
SirArvedeth - A
Lambchop19 - B > A
Fangshi - A > B
Kipeci - A
LWC1996 - A > B
Grimgravy - B
XenomorphII - B
Mystiknight - A
ScubaV - B
TOME - B
Rex Feral - A
Kashmir Slippers - B

Current tally:

A - 14
B - 10
C - 1

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
I'm not worried about luck. I'm worried about ice bitch targeting our injured eye in particular. We are slower and visually impaired. II dont like the risk even though I admit it would be better if scholarbro went with her.

Baltika9

Arcane
I'm not worried about luck. I'm worried about ice bitch targeting our injured eye in particular. We are slower and visually impaired. II dont like the risk even though I admit it would be better if scholarbro went with her.
:lol: She can target our eye all she wants, it's gone for good. Just accept the loss an move on, if Yorikawa can be a badass without eyesight, that's one less than we have, then we can be a badass with just one.

Our eye is "injured", not completely destroyed.

By the time you get to Emei it'll be done for. You don't have the skill to heal it yourself. :lol:
Besides, Jing will be asking Yunzi to handle the crazy woman.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
It looks that way. Unless E: bribe a passing duck to bite her ankles makes a surprise come from behind victory.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
You guys are puttin way too much faith in Yunzi. She won't know to protect us from Changfeng, she doesn't know we are injured. We can't protect ourselves against Changfeng's palm attack. It might not kill us but last time we needed to ride in a carriage because we were unable to walk after the fight. This time we have 12 man party with a tracker after us and you voting on an option that might incapacite us?

Kashmir Slippers

Magister
B

We already got the information we needed from her. Our entire purpose of finding her has been fulfilled. I see no reason why we should give a shit about anything that she does. I don't see anything that would help us by fighting her.

Baltika9

Arcane
:lol:
This rationalization is getting way out there. For one, we didn't have Yuanshi Hundun back then and we still survived three consecutive strikes from Changfeng, so we're good. And we have been struck with this palm during the tournament, and all it did was make us feel a little nauseous. Even if Changfeng gets past Yunzi to strike at us (unlikely in her condition), we're good. The one we need to be cautious of is the anklebiter, and even she doesn't want to leave Sister Yunzi right now. And Yunzi will get in there, I'm pretty sure, because we just lost our eye, so what the fuck is she doing standing over there, and because Yunzi is also spoiling for a rematch with Changfeng after the whole Ashina Camp scenario. So, yes, I'm pretty sure A isn't instant death scenario. And we're not doing this for Changfeng, we're doing this for Yu who is one of the only, like, three guys in the entire country that actually cares for our well being. A guy with his brains is indispensable to us.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom