Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] 傳

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Aug 29, 2013.

1. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    As I said, imperfect rollback. You can always make the sheath and ointment yourself, so it's no problem. Just get the talismans restocked once you reach Emei.

Anyway, due to a strange quirk of fate the arrow that took your eye would have been the arrow that hit Liu Chanfeng in the chest.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  2. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    Ouch.

I'm sure this was much better than continuing on, right bros? Magnificent trolling, treave. I'm assuming that this is a permanent stat hit. My curiosity is killing me, what would have happened if we continued with the solo assassination update?

Oh, and I totally called it.

Anyways, let's just soldier on. We are Zhang Jue's disciple, we would have been more powerful than any man with only one arm, we shall also be more powerful than any man with only a single eye.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Yes, my curiosity is killing me as well. How would Jing have survived that? What would we get for stat hits, if anything, and how long would we have been out of the game?

^ Top  
  4. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong

We need a parrot.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    I'm not giving any confirmation on what would have been, but you would also have a permanent stat hit there.

In the end I considered both options to be of equal worth in terms of advantages and disadvantages. So this path isn't as bad as it seems, and the road not taken isn't as good as you might think it is.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  6. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    Bros, I believe that this has been a cautionary tale on the dangers inherent in pressing the AWESOME button.

Wow, another interesting note is that in the solo assassination update, they had thought that we were sent by Grand Eunuch Li! There's a possibility that we would have had deep-cover inside their group. I'm not saying 100% that this is the case, but it's possible that we could have infiltrated the ranks of Shun's enemies.

Honestly, the perception hit isn't bad. As the great Yoriwaka has shown us, you don't need eyes to have sharp perception of the world around you. Our combat skills relied more on our strength and agility anyways.

Oh well, let's move on. What choice to pick...

^ Top  
  7. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Oh, wasn't saying it would be better, it was obvious that going through would put us in the middle of Suckville, Prison. But oh well, losing an eye at least makes us look badass, soon we'll be like Darth Sion:
    [​IMG]
    In other words, awesome. Uh, minus the Kreia-dependancy syndrome.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    Fuck Sion, we are far greater than that. We are this man:

[​IMG]

This will be our trademark.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  9. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Sorry bro, we skipped the path of the Master Criminal with the rollback, and I really can't be arsed to work for Du Yao anymore right now, even if he is a MANORBRO that's on the level, with a hot daughter. In fact, fuck sight. If Yorikawa can fight blind, then we can too! Poke our other eye out! Dio could do it.
    Are we less hardcore than Dio?
    :rpgcodex:

Anyway, about the update: if we were in no shape to do risky stealth missions before,, we definitely are in no shape to do so now, so going along with Changfeng is probably out of the question. If we want to kip our friendship with Yu and not betray one of the very few friends we have, he will view it as a betrayal, then we have to fight Changfeng and hope Yunzi will help us out, if only buy subduing her little helper and preventing any smokebomb nonsense. The crazy bat is starved, cold and exhausted so we do, in fact, have a chance.

Barring that, we'll have to let her go. A.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
    ^ Top  
  10. a bear named spigot Arcane

a bear named spigot
    Let's take it all the way and poke out the other eye as well. Then we can develop a sick blind man martial art.

^ Top  
  11. Jester Arbiter

Jester
    Dex is like IC divided in fractions.
    I see YOLOists, reasonable people, lulz squadist, power gamers, story and lore fags, Brofront, schemers, strategists, Khanthist, Trolltigerists, Haremists, perfectionists, heroes, loyalists, pretenders, badass wannabes, risk addicts and lots more concepts i dont remember.
    From this perspective it looks like most votes are based on whim rather thinking through the implications of choice, hell we probably get through first half of tournament because the most lulzy options were correct ones, Gou Fu fight had implications of reward / bro feel and our comrades. After getting our ass handed in BDS and losing our ticket to main plot, rare drop etc for basically nothing other than neigong heal, we went Wu route for meta gaming and we are supermen so screw injuries, followed by death when trying to make most of situation. Codex just don't learn.
    Good plan attempting to get leverage had been screwed by lack of lore/imagination that this place was Las Vegas rather than normal city. I expect screwup no mater how many times we rewind. Dex gonna Dex.

Read the update.
    Hmm Jing is a magnet for unlucky thing like killing arrow etc. Wonder if that was there in beginning, kinda like it better knowing what it would normally hit. Wonder if gods will be pissed on us for screwing with fate, or how will Treave handle rewind mechanics this time. Ingenuity of his solutions after some tinkering with them are valuable to watch. Hell his mention about that was main reason i preferred re roll.

D) let her go asking our bro to go with her, after that Emei.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  12. asxetos Augur

asxetos
    It looks like Gao Ying might actually be working for Shun or did i get that wrong?
    Treave did a good job to dissuade us from future rollbacks by poking our eye out btw, we had that coming.

I want to suggest an option that we ask Changfeng to come with us to Emei first to get healed, and then we help her with Youxia City.

^ Top  
  13. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    You're going to have to convince her by force. She's just fatigued from imprisonment, not suffering from multiple internal injuries like you are - a week or so with proper food and rest and she'll be recovering quickly.

^ Top  
  14. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    Does Chanfeng seem like a reasonable person to you? She's never going to go for it. She wants to head to Youxia City now.

^ Top  
  15. asxetos Augur

asxetos
    So its basically option A and Emei is in the next set of choises i guess?

^ Top  
  16. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    I don't think you guys want to go anywhere but Emei at this point? But yeah, A gives you the chance of her going along with you, B gives you the chance of Yu running off to follow her.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Good job, popamolers! Now we are half-blind and we have to deal with a cold psycho evil bitch! How's that for incline and progressing the main quest? Will we have to punch the Hei brothers to the face or something? I suggest sneaking! These guys are WAY ahead of what we can do, unless we can get a sect bro enough to help us.

What garantees that Yunzi is going to help us in this fight?
    I don't think Scholarbro is going to like that we just kicked her ass. Scholarbro is a love-stricken mangina, we really need to make him drunk all the time. Once he unfreezes he will punch Jing in the face. Ungrateful fool! We need to make him more of a cynic!
    Did someone say... Yuxia City? FUCK NO. Goodbye, thanks for all the (useless) info and have fun in New Reno Gangster City!
    I vote B. Please kindly fuck off and never appear in our sight, useless and ungrateful psycho bitch lady. She just treacherously attacked our bro for the horrible crime of wanting to help, she's lucky we don't kill her right then and there and eat her cold heart. I hope she is raped by a foreign emissary from Aden and his machete-toting bodyguards.

Let's get outta here and find Cao'er in the Emei. Buncha useless faggots, fuck this reload. At least the arrow skimmed the eyeball rather than simply hitting it dead-on.

^ Top  
  18. Anabanana Augur

Anabanana
    :decline:

I hate this outcome! You're all stupid idiots! Fuck you all! I'm leaving this CYOA and never coming back, I bet you'll totally kill Jing while I'm away this time! HMPH! *stalks off*

*comes back* (I vote B.)

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Let's see, we have another eye, a nose, two ears and a full set of limbs. We still have some room to maneuver.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. asxetos Augur

asxetos
    She doesnt seem reasonable, no, but if she gets some rest she might come to her senses. We have some meta-knowledge on Youxia City and we know she is going to be in deep shit, along with scholar-bro who is definately going to run after her.

^ Top  
  21. Jester Arbiter

Jester
    Wait a sec, didnt we have 6 perception before to 8 with tech?
    Poke the eye for 2 pen?
    One temporally cos Jing is getting used to this?

^ Top  
  22. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Throw it away now, because the plot was rerolled.

^ Top  
  23. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    treave, if we'll let Changfeng go, will it be possible to give her a soul-crushing speech on how she's completely retarded and unworthy of Yu's love and the effort he put into rescuing her, so, fine, she can go but she'd better not come back and wreck our brother's heart like the Grand Eunuch and his nephew wrecked hers.

Basically, make her hate herself. Is 5/bordering on 6 speech enough for that?

^ Top  
  24. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
  25. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    Esquilax, settle down. I doubt anyone thought the rollback would have us in tip top shape, I picked it becuase I didn't want to lose the story threads we've built up over the months, not because I feared the 'stat losses' and all. You're also wildly exaggerating if you think the consequences to our capture would not have been similarly debilitating. You can disagree, but can we agree that now we have reloaded, it's better to stop arguing about this, move on, take what we have as canon, and start arguing about what Jing should do instead?

Anyway, yes, I'm pretty sure we are now One-Eyed Jing. We will have to see what effect that has on the development of our fighting style.

I agree with Baltika9 that going again to Youxia City is likely to be unwise, though in this case we are arguably better equipped for it.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.