Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Kipeci

Arcane
Wait, was Qingcheng involved much in the pirate raid debacle?

Baltika9

Arcane
No, Quingcheng are a major sect and the Zhou only had minor sects in attendance. Except the guy from Kunlun, whom I strongly suspect is Mao Sanjao.

Esquilax

Arcane
Wait, was Qingcheng involved much in the pirate raid debacle?

Nope, there were a few Kunlun disciples who joined up though.

“Wait!” calls out a man from the benches where the tournament committee sits. As he stands up, you recognize the clothes to be that of Kunlun. He appears to be in his early thirties, with a rather distinguished moustache above his lips. “Officials, free this brother of ours and allow him to speak. If indeed Man Tiger Pig is Zhang Jue’s disciple, he must at least face up to the sins of his master. That is his duty as an apprentice. We can afford to bend the rules for such a serious matter.”
Only one of the Eight Sects has sent representatives; Kunlun, but you do not recognize their faces. They appear to be senior to you in age. Surprisingly, you spot Miss Xia there. Why would Yuhua Hall send a representative?

Now, we haven't confirmed whether Mao Sanjiao is indeed the man we saw at the tournament yet, but it's rather interesting that the man we suspect of being a government double agent within the Eight Sects also had fellow Kunlun members taking part in an Imperial Court-sponsored raid that was done to further their interests.

In any case, while the Qingcheng will hate that we fought off respectable pugilists to protect a bunch of pirates, they don't have any personal stake in it.

Fangshi

Arcane
Esquilax said:
Qingcheng will hate that we fought off respectable pugilists to protect a bunch of pirates,

Maybe, honestly I think that Jing will act as a mirror to the men and women that encounter him, those capable of looking past their own prejudices will see a friend and those that can't will see an enemy.

Just like with the killing of Rong Zhiyu, two versions of the event will begin to circulate in all likelihood.

“Well, it falls to me to uphold his legacy now, and continue the fight for justice.

If she truly is interested in justice (and not the appearance of justice) then perhaps she will be willing to listen to our side of things. Sure we fought off 120 "upright" men, alone, but we also prevented greater loss of life through an actual battle and we saved the lives of a significant number of non-combatants (while ending the pirate threat). When framed that way it will be hard for the Qingcheng to condemn us, we were protecting women, the elderly and children. Provided she is telling the truth about her aspirations then there is a lot of common ground there I think.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
She's an undercover bandit searching for S&M slaves, dude, of course she's lying.

Fangshi

Arcane
Well then as a bandit she will love that we fought the government, and like all women (and BJ) she will find us irresistible... ;)

Baltika9

Arcane
treave, will A1 prevent Yunzi from spilling the beans on what happened with the Ashina? We've been travelling for a while and she didn't find an hour to chat? The fuck, sis?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You know, the characters are less interested in talking about the Ashina tribe than you are. Yunzi doesn't really want to discuss it, Jing doesn't really plan on asking, and the fate of the tribe is really rather unimportant. If you want to know, though, assume it came up in casual conversation off-screen and now you know they're all either dead, scattered around China, or absorbed into other tribes, thanks to the Tang and their politicking. Again, no surprises here.

Baltika9

Arcane
So how did she end up with the Fier Koolt and the Giant Flaming Faggot then? Or was Jing not curious about that either?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
They saved her and she owes them? Simple as that.

Really, the plot is rather straightforward. There's no need to overthink it. For example, why was the crown prince targeted? Because he was the crown prince. Who would do it? One of his rivals in the palace. Who are they using? Pugilists. What were you asked to do? Find out the connection between the pugilists and the palace factions. The unorthodox side appears to be via the Black Dragon Society. You have a name for the orthodox side, Mao Sanjiao.

There is no great overarching conspiracy by someone orchestrating all sides. Shulgi ain't here.

Baltika9

Arcane
Right, he should be in a coma after Naram's curbstomping right about now, isn't he?

I'm just trying to figure out how to get our tsundere waifu back from the Ahura Mazda's clutches. Assuming she isn't head over heels for him, which she doesn't seem to be.

Esquilax

Arcane
I think that A1 will work well and it might even allow us to make a great first impression on Song Lingshu. I think that the real downside will be that word will get around that Zhang Jue needed to beg the orthodox sects for help, which will hurt our fearsome reputation somewhat. However, considering we're crippled and on the run, I don't really give a shit. Besides, once we get back to 100%, people will quickly learn to fear the YOLOtiger once more.

Fangshi

Arcane
Baltika9 said:
how to get our tsundere waifu back from the Ahura Mazda's clutches.

Beat the shit out of him maybe?

He does lead a cult, I am sure they are doing something evil, we just have to find out what and stop him, preferably before something horrible happens to Yunzi (it is a fire cult, they will probably try to burn her at the wedding or something).

Esquilax said:
However, considering we're crippled and on the run, I don't really give a shit.

Yeah, nothing wrong with asking for help we just have to make sure that we are in fine form by the challenge so we can make a good impression. We will probably have to beg borrow and steal to get the necessary ingredients to recover but hopefully it is possible.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
You know, the characters are less interested in talking about the Ashina tribe than you are. Yunzi doesn't really want to discuss it, Jing doesn't really plan on asking, and the fate of the tribe is really rather unimportant.
How can Jing not be interested in the fate of the tribe? He can't be wearing the amulet denoting him as one of their own for three years straight just because it's pretty. Standing up for the tribe was the event that set him on the very path he is walking now.

They may be unimportant to the story, but I somehow expected Jing to care more.

If you want to know, though, assume it came up in casual conversation off-screen and now you know they're all either dead, scattered around China, or absorbed into other tribes, thanks to the Tang and their politicking.
So, they are done for, and that +100 reputation with them is completely wasted?
It saddens me as a Khantist to know that we no longer have allies out there, outside of the country. :cry:

There is no great overarching conspiracy by someone orchestrating all sides. Shulgi ain't here.
Don't fall for it, bros. THAT"S WHAT HE WOULD HAVE WANTED YOU TO THINK.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
'Not interested in talking about it' doesn't mean 'not caring'. You can care about something yet not want to talk about it or feel like it is the right time to bring up. Not everyone has the inclination to spill their life story like a patient at a therapist, and tactless as Jing may be, he strangely understands that it is not for him to ask but for her to say. She wouldn't be with the Fire Cult if there weren't extreme circumstances, after all.

You guys had two big chances to demonstrate interest: first by talking to the Ashina fighter at the tournament, then going after the Fire Cult to follow Yunzi. Unfortunately you picked neither, thus establishing where your priorities lay.

Baltika9

Arcane
Then let us wait until she's comfortable. :salute: I suppose she might not want to talk to Jing right now, it's still kinda awkward for her after that kiss. And seeing her peer in such a pitiful condition is pretty unpleasant for a fellow warrior, I suppose.

Edit: hope we didn't blow our chances with her because of that, though. That would be extremely heartbreaking.

Last edited:

Fangshi

Arcane
Nevill said:
THAT"S WHAT HE WOULD HAVE WANTED YOU TO THINK.

:lol: Shugi IS everywhere.... plotting and waiting....

As for the Ashina it is not like they are all dead, ok a lot of them are dead but many more are just split and scattered, if we ever encounter any our good rep will still help and if they are spread out throughout the empire then there may be a time when it comes in handy that we are something of a tribal hero. Also if they are spread out throughout the tribes then we may be able to use them as a go between to rally the tribes if we ever royally screw up and lose Shun's empire to one of those "pretenders". Hell if push comes to shove we will repopulate the tribe when we marry Yunzi so it is not a complete loss.

Kipeci

Arcane
I called it! I knew we should have spoken to Lantu, as well as followed the fire cult! It's a shame about our Gokturk bros.

Esquilax

Arcane
I called it! I knew we should have spoken to Lantu, as well as followed the fire cult! It's a shame about our Gokturk bros.

It's a little funny in hindsight; I was trying to push hard to visit the Fire Cult, but the main objections were that we didn't want to be associated with traitors and that we had no idea how long a relationship with them would prevent us from walking the earth, having adventures and maybe getting a few more additions to our harem. Fast forward a few months and we've fought off a hundred pugilists to protect some foreign devils and we can't even walk. Wow.

Baltika9

Arcane
And we would've gotten our chance to fight off one hundred men when the BDS assaulted the Fire Cult. Man, we should have poparolled back to that point. :( I demand another one!

Kipeci

Arcane
Well, those were the main objections voiced, but I think that the actual move was more of a reflexive hostility towards cults that the Codex seems to carry even when it'd fit our interests to hook up with them, as seen in the Epic. If we haven't forged the cult in question personally out of a mountain of our enemies skulls, the Codex doesn't want anything to do with it.

Fangshi

Arcane
Well to be fair more or less all the cults in Epic either worshiped us or creepy alien abominations so is it such a bad thing that Codex is hesitant around them?

Baltika9

Arcane
More normal than everyone else in the setting, that's for sure. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom