Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

asxetos

Augur
Whether the scouts return to their camp or not, the army is going to know that something is wrong and they already know which area this group was scouting. The only thing we will achieve in A is kill Tang troops without accomplishing anything in the long run. So i am voting B.

Kipeci

Arcane
A. At least with this one we have a chance of bringing them in alive, I'm not sure that the Wudu will be so merciful.

Fangshi

Arcane
Well the reason I think we don't want them to get back to camp is because they were probably sent by Lu Bu, if the general and the prince are working at cross purposes then I don't want to give Lu Bu the sort of information he needs to prepare an attack.

I mean if they do not return then of course the general will know something is up and may even know roughly where to look but that seems like a better alternative then having the scouts report back with instructions on how to get to the ridge. My big concern is whether or not we will be able to catch them all. Of course there are advantages to catching even a few if we can take them alive as well.

Rex Feral

Prophet
We should follow them. Nobody wants them alive. The Wudu are screwed if they get to the camp. Shun's own plans will be foiled. If there is a good reason why we should choose anything but A I want to hear it, and some arguments.

A

Tigranes

Arcane
We DO want them disabled in some way, because having scouts come back tonight and say WE FOUND THE WUDU is different from scouts who go missing in the general area. They will have to send out another, bigger scouting party a day later, and the Wudu can be prepared. Even if they are discovered then, that still gives Wudu a chance of stretching out the 2 days necessary.

As I say, the question is, can we do it better than the Wudu?

ScubaV

Prophet
I've always wanted a more ruthless Jing than some others here, so I don't really have any qualms with A. I see him as being fiercely loyal to those close to him, but rather unpredictable otherwise. In this case, his loyalties lie with Shun, not the Tang dynasty or its subjects.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Awesome update once again!

“Would you? Once you marry Qilin, all of this will also be yours in the future. Why sabotage your own powerbase like this?”

“Ah, it’s the young master!”

Is this an act to make Jing an ally and not betray Wudu cult to the prince? Or do we actually have this good future ahead of us?

I think we really should vote A. Letting the scouts go will only make the Wudu cult doubt us and sneaking away to see prince is kind of pointless when we can go to the meeting in two days.

The only reservation I have about A is that we will have to kill all the scouts. We can't let some of them slip or disable them and later let them go. If they see us and report back to the general, then we will be marked as an enemy of the Tang dynasty. So far we are enemies only to certain factions inside the court so the difference would be huge. Luckily we have Cao'er with us so they won't be able to hide from us.

The only thing we will achieve in A is kill Tang troops without accomplishing anything in the long run. So i am voting B.

I disagree. The army doesn't know where they exactly were scouting. Killing them will buy us time to allow the meeting to happen. Hopefully Shun won't put us on a position where we have to choose between our prince or the Wudu cult.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Character Sheet

Strength: 8
Perception: 4
Endurance: 5
Charisma: 7
Intelligence: 7
Agility: 8
Luck: 1

-----

Orthodoxy:
-385 (Infamously Unorthodox)

Factions:

Ashina Tribe: +100 (Idolized)

Bandit Kingdom: -20 (Shunned)

Imperial Court: -50 (Disliked)

Songfeng Sword School: -95 (Hated)

Luoying Manor: +50 (Liked)

Beggars' Sect: +20 (Neutral)

Emei Sect: -10 (Neutral)

Qingcheng Sect: 0 (Neutral)

Wudang Sect: +10 (Neutral)

Shaolin Temple: 0 (Neutral)

Huashan Sect: -40 (Disliked)

Kunlun Sect: -25 (Shunned)

Taishan Sect: -25 (Shunned)

Wudu Cult: +25 (Accepted)

Fire Cult: 0 (Neutral)

Yuhua Hall: +5 (Neutral)

Zhou Clan Manor: -70 (Disliked)

Minamoto Clan: +100 (Idolized)

Black Dragon Society: -50 (Disliked)

-100 Sworn Enemy
-75 Hated
-50 Disliked
-25 Shunned
0 Neutral
+25 Accepted
+50 Liked
+75 Loved
+100 Idolized

Titles:
Fellow of Luoying Manor
Champion of Young Tiger Martial Arts Tournament

----

Combat Skills:

Axe - 0/7

Bows - 0/6

Saber - 0/8

Spear - 0/6

Staff - 0/6

Sword - 5/8

Thrown Weapons - 0/6

Unarmed - 6/8

Active Skills:

Artistic Skill - 2/7

Herbalism - 6/7

Pressure Points - 5/4

Sleight-of-Hand - 1/8

Sneak - 3/8

Traps - 0/7

Passive Skills:

Drinking - 1/5

Scholarly Knowledge - 4/7

Speech - 5/7

Neigong (Inner Strength) - 5/15

Qinggong (Light Body Skill) - 4/8

-----

Techniques:
Basic Fist
Basic Swordplay

Reikan. (霊勘, Spiritual Instinct) A technique that involves the use of qi in such a way that it augments the five senses of the practitioner. It is analogous to multiple similar techniques known by martial arts practitioners in the Central Plains. It requires a calm inner state to be used effectively, with the greatest effects being seen during meditation. (+2 Perception)

Combat

Xianglong Eighteen Palms. (降龍十八掌, Dragon Subduing Eighteen Palms).
Level 2:
The Arrogant Dragon Regrets - a weak palm strike that is humble and formless, allowing you to chain it smoothly into any form of movement for infinite variations.
The Sky-Soaring Dragon - a leaping attack where you strike downwards with your palm from a high position.

Shouwang Mad Claws. (獸王狂爪, Mad Claws of the Beast King).
Level 5:
Style One - Golden Lion's Wild Beats - a mixture of swift overhead strikes and low sweeps, attacking with a circular movement.
Style Two - Bloody Diamond Horn - a powerful forward thrust, targeted at the opponent's chest.
Style Three - Diving Eagle Grip - a series of powerful grapples that emphasize on digging your fingers into the opponents tendons and locking their limbs in place.

Chuzhan Fist (除斬拳, Dividing Sundering Fist).
Level 2:
Style One - The Parched Earth Cracks - a series of rapid, forceful straight punches that aim to keep the opponent off balance.

Self-Taught Style.
Level 2:
Pine-Cutting Sword - A swift, direct lunge aimed at overwhelming the opponent with strength and speed. Modified from the first step of the Songfeng Swordplay.
Deceptive Fish Stab - A flexible and flashy three-step attack that involves luring the opponent into misjudging their distance, compounding their errors with an effective feint, and finishing them off with a quick stab. Works best with the Yuchang Sword.

Neigong
Yuanshi Hundun (原始混沌, Primordial Chaos)
Level 5: Increases the power and speed of your attacks when activated, at the cost of losing some control over your movements, making them more unpredictable (+1 Strength, +1 Agility)

Qinggong
Kuanglang Step. (狂狼步 Mad Wolf Step).
Level 4: You can move quietly at running speed in normal surroundings and hold yourself still in shadows. You can also shrug off poor grapplers, tumble, roll and dodge acrobatically, as well as run up low walls. (+2 Sneak, +1 Agility)

Recipes
Qi-Suppressing Pill
Enervation Potion
Three Poisons Powder
Three Poisons Antidote
Blood-Stemming Poultice
Yao's Protective Ointment
Herbal Remedy
Yao's Lucky Laxatives
Five Poisons Powder
Five Poisons Antidote

Items:
Spiritual Suppression Talismans
Wodao
Wolf's Fang Amulet
Yuchang Blade
Special Five Poisons Powder
Dagger

Kipeci

Arcane
So, treave , do we have enough of our eye removed that we can install one of Wudu's critters in the available socket? What are Chi Quilin's suggestions for this?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Is this an act to make Jing an ally and not betray Wudu cult to the prince? Or do we actually have this good future ahead of us?

Well, act or not, you have the following traits:

1. One of the strongest martial artists of your generation, even if not yet the strongest.

2. Disciple of one of the Great Pugilists, lending your name much prestige. Also a potential Great Pugilist in the future.

3. Unorthodox, and has done unorthodox deeds. Not stuffy or overly righteous. No stranger to killing.

4. Cunning, not all muscle and no brains. Knows how to be quiet and stealthy, and use words skillfully.

5. Previously apprenticed to the Killer Physician, good knowledge of medicine.

6. Connected to the Crown Prince and future Emperor. Educated and aware of court politics.

7. Roguishly good-looking.

8. Eye-patch.

All of which combine to make you an extremely desirable son-in-law for an unorthodox organization like the Wudu Cult. You can bet her father, aunt and uncle were making such a list in their minds. Doesn't mean they won't kill you if you get in their way, though.

So, treave , do we have enough of our eye removed that we can install one of Wudu's critters in the available socket? What are Chi Quilin's suggestions for this?

You don't have the animal/insect training necessary to keep them from turning on you. It'll be a technique you can learn, but you might have to resolve things successfully here first.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Well, you could rear a scorpion or spider or poisonous worms inside and have them leap out to attack on command. But it's really dishonorable and drives you further down the unorthodox road.

Jester

Arbiter
That's a thing we can do? I was kidding, but now I find myself strangely aroused.
That a hell of awkward boner IMO.

Well, you could rear a scorpion or spider or poisonous worms inside and have them leap out to attack on command. But it's really dishonorable and drives you further down the unorthodox road.
SO NINJA
yet so bizarre. Sound like something from hardcore manga.

Rex Feral

Prophet
The perspective of marrying Qilin and becoming something like Houdu's succesor are not really that bad. I mean it would certainly improve our survivability in the future updates since we'd have some people concerned about our well being (at least I hope, though knowing the Codex I highly doubt that'll matter). More so we are beggining to become someone important in the world, someone with power and influence over events we could barely comprehend right now.

That being said, I'd still go like I do in real life. Woo the prettiest and if that fails, we could always fall back to her. We'd just have to appear uncertain about our feelings for Qilin and discreet in our dealing with other women.

Kipeci

Arcane
That a hell of awkward boner IMO.

"That's the snake I keep in my eye. Wait until you see the one in my pants! :smug:"

But more seriously, eye scorpions would be fantastic. I don't care if they're dishonorable, this guy needs a combo pet/security system and the eyepatch is the perfect way to keep it concealed!

Accidents are probably less than satisfactory, though.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I know, but the twins have the advantage of being younger and thus having a couple more years to blossom, so to speak. >_>

Kipeci

Arcane
Has Cao'er already worked out the wife ordering with Qilin? Also, what skill would insect training be based off of?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
She's number one, Qilin number two. But negotiations are always open. It'd be a miscellaneous technique like Reikan. You have the required intelligence for learning it, but I'm not too sure about that luck stat...

Tribute

Arbiter
7. Roguishly good-looking.

8. Eye-patch.
Speaking of these two, did Jing at least pluck out and devour the eyeball after having it shot irrecoverably by an arrow?

Or did he not bother with the Xiahou Dun impression because the only people who would have seen it were allies?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom