Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Rex Feral

Prophet
I'm gonna start by proposing a rollback :troll:

Just kidding. Not yet.

A - nobody's coming after us
B - guess who else might come to the only known source of food and water (might be others, though). And water exposure, or rather exposure to high humidity, might worsen Qilin's condition.

Well I guess we could eat raw mice, if staying here is good for Qilin. C

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It's probably somewhere on her, but you probably don't want to put your hands under Qilin's clothes too much lest you get bitten or stung by things.
We just did, though.

Turning into a toad is game over.
I take it we can't apply the talismans to ourselves once the process starts?

Wait till she wakes up then ask to eat her snake.
No. No way. We aren't eating her pet.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
dirty-rat-on-the-street.jpg

It's probably somewhere on her, but you probably don't want to put your hands under Qilin's clothes too much lest you get bitten or stung by things.
We just did, though.

Not too much. You didn't undress her, just loosened her clothes a bit. Her pets are okay with a bit of light cuddling.

Turning into a toad is game over.
I take it we can't apply the talismans on ourselves once the process starts?

Yup. You'll be in too much pain to do anything.

Nevill

Arcane
We have a sword. And a dagger. Skin it, throw the furry parts away, and the meat is the same as a chicken's.

Rex Feral said:
B - guess who else might come to the only known source of food and water (might be others, though).
Dude, that boulder didn't attach the chains to itself, the writing didn't just appear on the walls, and the bones didn't sprout from the floor. The chambers are his.

At this point, I am half-counting on his help in our survival. At least he knows the way up, and the torches above us may still be lit.

Communicating with him would probably be easier with Cao'er, too. Oh, well.

Rex Feral

Prophet
I hope it's clear that our priority now is to take care and protect Qilin, and not eat, drink, sleep, learn, explore, do baths or whatever.

Also when her condition gets a bit more stable we should go to the pond to get some food. Rat's aren't the best diet I'd recommend to someone injured and feverish.

We have a sword. And a dagger. Skin it, throw the furry parts away, and the meat is the same as a chicken's.

Rex Feral said:
B - guess who else might come to the only known source of food and water (might be others, though).
Dude, that boulder didn't attach the chains to itself, the writing didn't just appear on the walls, and the bones didn't grow in the earth. The chambers are his.

At this point, I am half-counting on his help in our survival. At least he knows the way up, and the torches above us may still be lit.

I do hope he doesn't hold a grudge against us for attacking him, then.

I would have counted on Cao'er's help on soothing his anger. And on healing Qilin and staying with her while we find a way out.

Rex Feral

Prophet
Don't worry, I doubt he's that angry. Hungry, more like.

I hope he likes rats. Or fish. Or imperial agents.

Also isn't this THE bottomless pit under the palace? The one you mentioned earlier as a good place to stash?

Nevill

Arcane
Yeah, the human bones there might be indicative of something. There are a few easy, not resisting bodies where we fell, though. We should be safe for a day or two.

He still retains some memories. Might want to start reading what he had written, then, to understand who he was and what he had become.

Rex Feral said:
Also isn't this THE bottomless pit under the palace?
It is probably near, but it isn't in this chamber. Otherwise I would assume there'd be a lot more bodies.

Rex Feral

Prophet
I have a feeling that should we go with A we'd meet with Cao'er. I mean if there is anyone searching for us it's probably her. And her high perception might allow her to get down without hurting herself.

Still, I doubt she'll have any problems finding us even if we don't go there.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
She's going to be quite displeased with Jing next time they meet, unless Gao Ying proves to be the diplomat and explains Jings actions to her..

Wouldn't that be delightful? :troll:

Nevill

Arcane
Rex Feral said:
I have a feeling that should we go with A we'd meet with Cao'er.
No way, no how Gao Ying would let her go here on her own. Your intentions were to keep her our of this, and he understood them perfectly. He'll chain her if that's what it takes to discourage her.

No, we are alone in this. Well, as alone as it gets with a woulded girl on our hands and a hungry madman lurking around.

Azira said:
She's going to be quite displeased with Jing next time they meet, unless Gao Ying proves to be the diplomat and explains Jings actions to her...
We'll have to make concessions.

Baltika9

Arcane
At least until she gets to Shun and starts glaring at him murderously until he sends a scouting party. Even Gao will be too spooked to say no. :lol: Fuck, I really overestimated Qilin's skills and reflexes, but every choice has it's benefits and drawbacks. Jing is, thankfully, uninjured which means we can afford to risk meeting the Megadeth stage prop. There's one thing bothering me:
You are not sure about the cause; you are not Cao'er. Could be injury infection, which will become clear in the next few days, or could be existing ailment. If you had the proper herbs you could definitely alleviate the fever regardless of the cause, but that's not possible down here. The medical books tell you that a feverish patient should avoid exposure to water as much as possible as it is bad for the humours. Whether it is actually that serious or not, you don't know. Whatever food source you get, you're going to be eating it raw until you get a source of fire, but on the other hand raw fish is still more palatable than raw rat I suppose.
I'm probably just being dense, but you mean palatable for us and not Qilin, right? Or do we also have to factor in the casualty's diet?

Last edited:

Kipeci

Arcane
C, I guess. Though we seem to have a knack for picking the worst possible options. Just wondering, what did you mean by 'Misery', treave ?

Baltika9

Arcane
That was Luoying at +50, and still is. Yuhua was at +5.

Going with C for this one. Call me crazy, but I think the martial arts manual on the walls is the way out of this mess.
And since an insane old prisoner was the one who scrawled it on the walls, I don't think the Artistic Skill requirement will be that high.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
C

If we understand the martial arts moves written on the wall, we may be able to stand a chance fighting the guy should he come upon us

I'm upset we didn't take Cao with us. She would have been perfect for this situation.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Fuck, I really overestimated Qilin's skills and reflexes, but every choice has it's benefits and drawbacks.

Can't dodge what you can't see.

I'm probably just being dense, but you mean palatable for us and not Qilin, right? Or do we also have to factor in the casualty's diet?

Well, what else is she going to eat? You? I suppose that would be palatable to her. :lol:

C, I guess. Though we seem to have a knack for picking the worst possible options. Just wondering, what did you mean by 'Misery', treave ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misery_(novel)

Baltika9

Arcane
She struck me as the high-perception type, not as good as Cao'er, but better than us. And if we could perceive the fall, then I thought she could too. Obviously, I was wrong.

As for eating Jing, there's something of his she can eat, alright. I suppose we don't know the nutritional differences between rats and cave fish?

Rex Feral

Prophet
She struck me as the high-perception type, not as good as Cao'er, but better than us. And if we could perceive the fall, then I thought she could too. Obviously, I was wrong.

As for eating Jing, there's something of his she can eat, alright. I suppose we don't know the nutritional differences between rats and cave fish?

Rats might be diseased. While cave fish? If those are indeed fish...

Also:

"One 300-gram rat contains 648 Calories, 63 grams of protein, and 33 grams of fat. That’s not great for the healthy eater but it is certainly an improvement over what 300 grams of New York Sirloin would you net you (684 Cal, 62g protein, 47g fat)."

Kipeci

Arcane
For all we know, those fish could be swimming around in Heavy Metal: The Pond and are loaded up with unpleasant additions to a regular diet. Let's get Qilin to recover first, one of the few benefits we have over the Cao'er path here is that there's one less mouth to figure out how to feed while we can care for her and decipher the meaning of the writing.

Tribute

Arbiter
Yeah. That's what I was worried about in A to begin with, that from the writeup it seemed like she didn't see the fall coming until she was already falling. The question was how well she would do on the way down to make it to the bottom in decent shape.

Of course then I went and voted for A anyway. I blame Zhang Jue Gaiden.

I think our priority #1 here is to make sure none of Qilin's injuries and ailments end up being permanent, but I don't yet know which option is the one to pick for that.

He already has Xu Jing and Gao Ying, and is probably working on Xiahou Yu even now - you guys really wanted to introduce the scholar to the prince after all.
Hey, I just wanted to see if we couldn't restore some of his family's prestige. He's earned that much.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Rats might be diseased. While cave fish? If those are indeed fish...
Rats are desease carriers because they live near human settlements and eat garbage and wastes. Wild rats also carry a variety of parasites, but they are no more dangerous to eat than other wild animals. Of course, the question stands, which kind of rats we might encounter here. The place is located under the palace, though it may be deep enough to be considered a separate ecosystem.

"One 300-gram rat contains 648 Calories, 63 grams of protein, and 33 grams of fat. That’s not great for the healthy eater but it is certainly an improvement over what 300 grams of New York Sirloin would you net you (684 Cal, 62g protein, 47g fat)."
You mean, Jing can get fat? :D I think this is the least of our worries right now. Though maybe not Qilin's.

Rex Feral

Prophet
You mean, Jing can get fat? :D I think this is the least of our worries right now. Though maybe not Qilin's.

Yeah, apparently they're also high on iron:

"Sure, rats don’t have any potassium worth writing home about, but our standard 300-gramer does provide 14 milligrams of iron, which is nothing to sneeze at."

Though not that nutritive for our sex life :( :

"On the other hand, if you’re looking to spice up your sex life, I do recommend a different meal. One rat would only net you 6mg of zinc, which isn’t a ton if you shooting for an aphrodisiac. Equivalent amounts oysters or perhaps in a pinch, southern toad, would provide up to 118mg and 56mg of zinc, respectively."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom