Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

profreshinal

Arcane
We can probably find some usefull stuff on the dead bodies of the agents including a way to light the torches.

Fall Into the Darkness

“Ha, I still had one of the light-making satchels left!” exclaims Qilin exuberantly. “Get the torches!” shouts Gao Ying. The secret police retreat and begin lighting up the torches as they go. As the darkness recedes, you see the assailant shivering, panting in front of you. It is a man after all… his hair is long and tangled, and his beard matted. A large, iron vest is clasped over his chest – dozens of thick needles have pierced it through. His limbs appear to have been broken and set back together wrongly multiple times, healing in such a way that it must pain him even to move an inch. Heavy iron manacles shackle his wrists and ankles, and the rusty chains appear to lead down a side tunnel. Are they still attached to something?

at least enough stuff to warant a quick visit to them.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It does not make sense for all of them to carry the necessary tools. But I agree, we need to search the bodies, and maybe pay a visit to that pit, too, if we can find it.

I wonder what the madman did to the chains. They are still attached to something, but how can they be that long?

Rex Feral said:
Yeah, apparently they're also high on iron:
Which means blood cells regeneration! Rat diet is the best diet.
Yeah, they may not be a delicacy, but when did a medicine taste good?

Last edited:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Good thing Jings perception doesn't completely hinge on his eyesight, or he'd have been battered more by that fall. Too bad we didn't go for the perception increase. Would probably be nifty to have learned a few more tricks from a blind man, now that we're trying to find our way out of an underground labyrinth, eh?

Nevill

Arcane
Azira said:
Would probably be nifty to have learned a few more tricks from a blind man, now that we're trying to find our way out of an underground labyrinth, eh?
An not upgrading PER technique prevents us from learning that (if he is available for talking at all)... how exactly?

Ah, you are talking about Yoriwaka. My bad. Still, I don't think it will be crucial.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
C. B is most likely madman's water source and A is bad for Qilin and there isn't any food.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You're misunderstanding me. I think the extra perception in this case would help Jing more with escaping this place, than the extra stealth when using Qinggong.

Crucial? Let's hope not. +M I just find the idea of learning how to rely more on other senses to be prudent in this exact scenario. But maybe Jing will improve on his own from this ordeal. It's certainly something I'd describe as life-threatening, being caught in a labyrinth underground, with a homocidal maniac in there with him.

Tribute

Arbiter
It is funny that we went for the stealth upgrade under the logic that it would be more immediately useful, only to have it turn out that the other upgrade actually fit that bill. We probably would have seen the fall coming earlier as well.

As far as the vote goes, assuming C is the "help Qilin" option I suppose I should vote for that.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
aug_sinocyclocheilus_furcodorsalis2.jpg

Presenting: the Chinese cave fish.

RealDDc

Learned
It looks like they were written in blood, and the writing grows more erratic near one end of the wall. From what you could make out, it seems that these were instructions for martial arts techniques of some kind.
Hah, don't fool me, that is probably some cooking recipe. Moss filled imperial agent in algea sauce.

C just screams, "pick me! pick me! Im the option!"

Im not convinced, I wanna grab a torch head back to camp in the tunnel and loot the dead imperial agents. A

Baltika9

Arcane
The big problem with A isn't convenience, it's this:
A. You return to the tunnels where you fell in and camp there. Though food and water will be scarce and the conditions are not ideal for Qilin’s recuperation, if there is a search party that is probably the first place they will look.
Even with eating rats and drinking rainwater, this is a pretty good spot to make camp: Qilin has a decent are to get better (or just plain not get worse), we have a source of food and water (protein and fat will keep us alive) and we have a martial arts manual scribbled on the walls by the inhabitant of this place, most likely. I think it's the key out of this mess, hopefulyy it doesn't require a lot of artistic skills, being written by a blind madman and all. :lol:
Hm, good point. It's probably somewhere on her, but you probably don't want to put your hands under Qilin's clothes too much lest you get bitten or stung by things. Turning into a toad is game over.
And here I was hoping that we could shapeshift and just leap out of this Chasm.

Tribute

Arbiter
Well no, C is the "we're on our own" option. Knowing Jing's luck it's probable there's no rescue party coming, but picking C seems to be giving up on the idea entirely.

If we do get rescued, Qilin will probably heal much better with proper medical attention and resources. If there's no rescue coming, she won't recover nearly as well as she would if we stayed here.

Mind you, the last time we gambled on "everything will be fine" we ended up with a broken and sick Qilin...

Baltika9

Arcane
And we definitely are on our own for a while now. By the time someone sends out a rescue party, it will likely be too late for Qilin. The biggest advantage of going down here without Cao'er is that Jing is 100% tip-top shape, so we must take a proactive stance in this, being passive and putting Qilin in an area that makes her condition worse 'just because' for an indefinite amount of time is idiotic.

Nevill

Arcane
This will inevitably lead to Sphere Diplomacy 2.0: Madman diplomacy
Do you have another option?

Exposing Qilin's injuries to moist air is just asking for an infection to set in, and pointlessly twiddling our thumbs waiting for the help to arrive while cutting ourselves from food and water supply seems no better to me.

Nevill

Arcane
Because we are in a rather uncomfortable underground maze, trying to make it comfortable down there seems to me as the wrong attempt.
What is your proposal, then, considering that Qilin needs a place to recuperate, and Jing is not going anywhere without her?

RealDDc

Learned
It'll probably be C anyways, because that appears to be comfortable. Water, a food source even if it is rats, the ultimate forumula on the wall to study and a healthy atmosphere for Qilin. Sounds great, but I better not vote it.

No real reasoning. I'm voting A probably because I have a bad feeling about B&C, and that B&C appear to be more like camping to me but A is more flexible with some progress possibilities.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom