Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] 傳

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that this crazy guy is slow.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    Aah, fuck it, flopping to A

^ Top  
  3. Rex Feral Liturgist

Rex Feral
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
    ^ Top  
  4. SirArvedeth Novice

SirArvedeth
    Voting for B.

^ Top  
  5. Rex Feral Liturgist

Rex Feral
    I was mostly referring to his movement speed.

The fact that he didn't get sooner to the emperor, preferably when he was still just with Cao'er.

The fact that he began striding toward the emperor, instead of reaching him in an instant.

The fact that he seems shackled, still attached to something through chains.

Other than that he'd be very fast.

Also I think he might have some kind of extrasensory perception, because he sensed the emperor somehow, and because all his senses seem to have been removed. His eyes sewed, his ears waxed, his nose cut.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
    ^ Top  
  6. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    B - We need Cao'er's per 10 (per is more than just sight and who knows, maybe the dark isn't complete darkness to her) and she may be able to help heal us and Qilin should we need it...

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    Goddamn, what the fuck did the Emperor do to this guy?

He's afraid of light and fire. That seems to be the only weakness that we can detect on him right now. Too bad Qilin just used up the last of her satchels...

I could potentially see someone like Cao'er (or even ourselves, Jing isn't too shabby as a doc now) managing to calm the madman down and perhaps even heal him under the right circumstances, but given the situation as it is, reasoning with him will be very tough. Still, Rat Sphere Lunatic Diplomacy might actually be possible... if this man isn't too far gone.

A lot of what Cao'er does relies upon her seeing someone's meridians with her Immortal's Eyes. In the pitch darkness below, a lot of her effectiveness will be diminished. As treave mentioned before, thanks to Reikan, Jing's hearing should be on par with Cao'er, which should allow him to navigate this place to a certain extent. PER 10 is great, but I'm still not sure if Cao'er would be able to see any more than we would in such an environment. treave, how does Cao'er perceive pressure points? Is it sort of a glow-in-the-dark thing or an x-ray vision? For example, would she be able to detect meridians in complete darkness or through obstacles like walls? I'm interested in how she actually sees the world around her.

Anyways, I'm confident with A that we can reach the ground uninjured. We'd slingshot Cao'er to safety with our high strength, and I think we'd be able to soften our landing by Spider-Manning our way to the ground, rappelling our way down with the spider silk. I'm not confident that we'd be able to have a steady landing for both ourselves and Cao'er with B. And I'm also not confident that she'd be able to heal us in that sort of pitch-black environment, with our neigong issues.

Bingo. I think that it has to do with his immense qi.

Anyways, voting A for now, could flop to B if I hear some compelling arguments. This is going to be a series of very tough choices for us.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    It's not reliant on light, but she does need some line of sight, and she can also see the flow of qi in the body. It works on any living thing.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  9. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Voting A

Cao'er is not going to be of much help here, I think Jing and Qillin can fix this by themselves.

^ Top  
  10. Jester Arbiter

Jester
    Dmn hard.
    I have possible explanation why each choice could be only possible way. Worst possibility masked save Quinlin or Cao choice.
    :troll: hard?
    We can as well go with instinct, take your picks. Hope Treave is in good humour today.

^ Top  
  11. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    So, uh... with the large time break between 'em, any chance for an early update?

^ Top  
  12. Tribute Arbiter

Tribute
    We've gotten something like 3 updates in the last day or so.

^ Top  
  13. LWC1996 Learned

LWC1996
    B.

I want Cao'er with me, selfish as it may be. I see what treave is trying to do. If Cao'er is with me then Qilin won't be and vice-versa.

At this point, it's who I'm willing to spend time with. She's quiet, sensible and knowledgeable in medical stuff. And I don't want to be apart from her.

With Qilin, I'd have to be on constant vigilance against her constant needling towards me and her flirting. I don't have the time or energy to deal with Qilin's antics.

^ Top  
  14. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    What? I don't even... this isn't a waifu choice, bro, down there it's pure survival.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Every choice is a waifu choice, if you are working towards the harem end. :rpgcodex:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. RealDDc Learned

RealDDc
    With a shit ton of luck, Jing makes it to the games finish with just his head on torso. I'd say we sacrifice the women to the gods to increase the odds.

^ Top  
  17. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Not enough. We need to sacrifice newborn children.

^ Top  
  18. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    treave If we had gone with animal taming, would we have had a choice about what sort of creepy-crawlie we would have behind the eye patch?

^ Top  
  19. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    I'd roll the dice.

^ Top  
  20. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    A. Too many unknown. Going with instinct.

^ Top  
  21. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    Will there be any potential chance to reclaim the glory, or have we cocked it up for good with our silly practical silk stuff?

^ Top  
  22. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Unless you're willing to become the consort of the cult, no chance.

^ Top  
  23. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    It's not like we will be cutting grass with the silk technique.

^ Top  
  24. Tribute Arbiter

Tribute
    So we're going to be dependent on Qilin for new silk indefinitely, then?

^ Top  
  25. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    I wouldn't be averse to whoring Jing out to the crazy poison cult, just so long as we can also whore him out to the crazy fire cult and the mountain nunnery.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.