Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Kipeci

Arcane
If we talk about the most powerful stuff, remember that he was put down by Shaolin and Wudang's heads when they were much younger and more inexperienced. Now he's estimated at being stronger than Zhang Jue when he's had almost all of his bones shattered and suffered horrific tortures.

Whatever he picked up in his dotage is probably the toughest stuff he has to offer, though I personally don't care enough to flop. I'm paranoid on passing up even the tiniest strength or agility bonus.

Baltika9

Arcane
If we talk about the most powerful stuff, remember that he was put down by Shaolin and Wudang's heads when they were much younger and more inexperienced. Now he's estimated at being stronger than Zhang Jue when he's had almost all of his bones shattered and suffered horrific tortures.
Not true:
Finally heeding the Emperor Gaosheng’s desperate request, Wang Zhengchong and the monk Fangzhang embarked upon a suicidal mission, penetrating deep into the heart of the enemy camp by themselves. They reappeared the next morning with the heads of the enemy Khagan and the traitor Yang Xue, bloodied and battered by their ordeal.
They defeated him, chopped off his head, but he yet lives?
:hmmm:
I smell bullshit, I don't think they even fought him, more likely they made a deal so they wouldn't have had to.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
You guys seems to have missed something. The techniques are in POETRY. Metaphors abound!

B. The segment that begins: “In my prime I became the unsurpassed Conqueror’s Spear; with spear in hand I pierced the heavens and split the mountains.”

Everyone who wants Jing to get more "action" should vote 1B. Spear is clearly a penis reference. Heavens and mountains must be colorful references to certain anatomical regions.
I don't know, guys. I think you are accentuating the wrong part.

with spear in hand

I think Jing has enough experience with this technique as it is.

Absinthe

Arcane
Ah, man. Is nobody else going to consider voting B for spear techniques and flooring the frathouse? I'm guessing these are going to be some Murong Yandi level techniques, involving spear qi.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I'll have the update out sometime in the next 24 hours. I'll close the votes shortly before the update is due.

Kipeci

Arcane
Baltika9 it's worded a little strangely, but it seems that they came in with the head of the would-be head of the new dynasty and the non-beheaded Yang Xue in tow. You can say that they cut a deal, but why would he willingly return when he knew anything of what tortures might await him?

Baltika9

Arcane
'Heads' is used in plural form, meaning they brought more than one. We'll find out what happened soon enough.

Rex Feral

Prophet
Ah, man. Is nobody else going to consider voting B for spear techniques and flooring the frathouse? I'm guessing these are going to be some Murong Yandi level techniques, involving spear qi.

I'll flop to 1B if you flop to 2B :troll:

Kipeci

Arcane
I was looking through some old updates and it seems that the ghost Xiaoqing that Yu keeps was once a maid in the house of Yang Xue (the mansion with the toad demoness, if you'll recall), so what do you think the chances are that the two of them might soonishly meet up? Getting Xiaoqing to scout through the tunnels seems like one of the most efficient ways to find Xu Jing in this mess, too.

Nevill

Arcane
Hopefully, we'll be out of here in a week, once Qilin is nursed back to health.

Yu is staying at Mt. Emei and is not going to come back for us in time.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Qilin nursed back to health? Please. She'll be dead halfway through the next update. I bet that whole chewing her food thing was just the setup. Look forward to her entrails being splattered over that writing here in a bit. :M

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Kipeci - AA
asxetos - AB
Smashing Axe - CA
XenomorphII - AA
Anabanana - CA
Zero Credibility - CA
Nevill - CA
Elfberserker - AB
SirArvedeth - CA
LAmbchop19 - AA
Kashmir Slippers - AA
Jester - AB
TOME - CA
Azira - CB
The Brazilian Slaughter - AB
ERYFKRAD - AB
Esquilax - CB
Rex Feral - CB
ScubaV - AA
Fangshi - CA
m4davis - AB
Tigranes - CB
RealDDc - AB
Baltika9 - AA
profeshinal - AB
Grimgravy - BA
Absinthe - B>C A

Final tally:

---

A - 14
B - 2
C - 11

---

A - 15
B - 12

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I am saddened 1 C did not win.

At least you guys went with 2 A, but I fear the first choice may screw it up.

Nevill

Arcane
A question before the update goes live. Did anyone else notice this?

Yuanshi Hundun (原始混沌, Primordial Chaos)
Level 5: Increases the power and speed of your attacks when activated, at the cost of losing some control over your movements, making them more unpredictable (+1 Strength, +1 Agility, +1 Endurance)
Huh.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Maybe that is the promised stat boost of the coming update?

Nevill

Arcane
Does Yuanshi Hundun not upgrade automatically with our neigong, though? We had 5 points in it since one hundred men battle, but it was disabled. But then again, when we got poisoned and got our neigong back, Hundun was still lvl4.

Maybe you are right and we need to upgrade it separately.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
I think it's been lvl 5 for a while now. 5/15 since the toad demon and qinggong has been 4/8.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom