Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yeah. Who cares if we lose an arm if we already have that kicking technique.
That's an interresting way to put it. I bet there are plenty of techniques out there which would be much more efficient to use with both hands.

I don't see gaining a single lvl 5 technique as reason enough to sacrifice an arm. Whatever we decide, we should decide it on another basis.

Baltika9

Arcane
Another basis? LORD Zhang Jue said we'd be the most powerful man with just one arm, all those years ago. And you know what? He's right, we don't need a second arm, it always ends up broken and generally gets in the way.
It is holding us back, we don't need it.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
what kind of technique would 1C have been? Was it a fighting technique?

Yes. It's bat claws, you glide and swoop and claw at people. Also focuses on aerial moves.

treave, spoil me a little for such a difficult choice, will there be a way in the end? Also, would Qilin's parents still think us sexy enough for their little girl?

You'd have to find a way to improvise. And since you were alone with her for a week Qilin's family will probably be preparing for nuptials.

Kashmir Slippers

Magister
Anything but A. It just seems like a bad idea.

Not that B is any better.

I am afraid of choosing B2, because it leave Qilin alone to the devices of Yang Xue, but it seems like the only way to accomplish anything.

B2>B1

***Edited***

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Another basis? LORD Zhang Jue said we'd be the most powerful man with just one arm, all those years ago. And you know what? He's right, we don't need a second arm, it always ends up broken and generally gets in the way.
It is holding us back, we don't need it.
Yes, and Cao'er will take care of our legs shortly after our reunion. It will be glorious.

Baltika9

Arcane
You'd have to find a way to improvise.
Which means it's not a waste at all. My doubts have been dispelled, I will gladly give our arm In exchange for Qilin's life and training from the craziest and stringest motherfucker around. Show us your ways, Yang Xue!
A2.
:salute:
That arm is just holding us back anyway.

Nevill

Arcane
He seems to have his moments of lucidity, but it is unsure whether the symbol will have any effect or work the way you expect it to. Probably I'll have to roll some dice for the results, if you want to try reminding him about the tribe. Results may range from murderous rage to increased friendliness.
Our best bet is either to give up our arm in exchange for Qilin's freedom and some lessons, or to YOLOTIGER our way out and plunge into the stream.
You know? I'll YOLOTIGER it my own way and vote for showing Yang Xue the Wolf Fang Talisman, appealing to his feelings for the daughter he entrusted them with.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
She thinks she'll have a better shot going with you than staying in the cave alone with a crazy cannibal, so yes.

Kipeci

Arcane
Do we think that Yang Xue has more to offer than what he wrote on the wall? That would've been at the very start of his imprisonment, yes?

Jester

Arbiter
B2 > A2
Either we will become pals or we will die. Would like to see madman regaining part of himself at least for short time.

Last edited:

ScubaV

Prophet
Hmm I'm not at all fond of losing an arm, so it's down to B1 or B2 I guess. B2 sounds like it might be reliant on luck, whereas B1 might rely on our mediocre (with Reikan) perception.

I guess B1 > B2 + show Yang Xue the talisman for now.

Flopped later post.

Last edited:

Rex Feral

Prophet
treave, how good a swimmer are we? And how good is Qilin? What about lung capacity? I'd rather not choose B2, only to see how we drown after 50 meters.

SirArvedeth

Novice
While A1 is really tempting, I'm going to vote for showing Yang Xue the Wolf Fang Talisman if possible.

If not, then B2.

Kipeci

Arcane
Also treave do we think that the Wudu could come up with any nifty pseudo arm type contraptions that we could put in that empty space? Like, say, glueing a snake to our shoulder or something.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
treave, how good a swimmer are we? And how good is Qilin? What about lung capacity? I'd rather not choose B2, only to see how we drown after 50 meters.

Since you're both martial artists with a good control of qi, not bad.

Also treave do we think that the Wudu could come up with any nifty pseudo arm type contraptions that we could put in that empty space? Like, say, glueing a snake to our shoulder or something.

Why would you glue the poor snake there?

Nevill

Arcane
treave, it sounds like our food situation is becoming increasingly dire.

But we've heard rodents all around us when we were going through the tunnels the first time. The madman can't catch them all. It seems from the wording of the update that we are conflicting with him for food whenever he comes by, but is he camping outside our chamber 24/7? Can't we hunt them when he is not there? Can't we venture a bit further into the tunnels for new hunting grounds and leave stones that would mark our way back?

I just can't understand if it is as bad as you make it out to be, and why.

Kipeci

Arcane
It can vaguely approximate many armish things and... uh... really, just weaponized handshakes, mostly. Alternatively maybe we could tie some of Yang Cue's chains there, then maybe twist one of the loops to hold things.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

B1>B2>A1 I really don't want another stat loss here and besides, I kind of doubt he'll let us live if we give him the arm.
“Youngsters nowadays. You will see. Oh. A year or a month or a week later you will either die to save her, or her to save you. I will sit and watch which will happen. Food… it tastes all the better if you wait for it.
He seems to have decided how this is going to turn out already and I'm not sure how we are going to learn from him while recovering from losing an arm, much less defend ourselves should he get hungry and go back on the deal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rex Feral

Prophet
Let's get one thing straight. If we go with A there is no way we will ever get to the Fire Cult challenge in time. We also lose an arm.

I prefer to think there is a way out of here that doesn't imply sacrificing Qilin or an arm/leg/eye/ear or whatever. Missing on knowledge is something I am willing to accept.

So it would be either B1 or B2 for me. I'd go with B2, but I'm not sure Qilin could endure the underwater trip. treave is she fully healthy and operational now? Could she pull off this thing?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
treave, it sounds like our food situation is becoming increasingly dire.

But we've heard rodents all around us when we were going through the tunnels the first time. The madman can't catch them all. It seems from the wording of the update that we are conflicting with him for food whenever he comes by, but is he camping outside our chamber 24/7? Can't we hunt them when he is not there? Can't we venture a bit further into the tunnels for new hunting grounds and leave stones that would mark our way back?

I just can't understand if it is as bad as you make it out to be, and why.

Rats have nests and don't run around all day in the open. And 'hearing rodents all around you' is rather exaggerated. The quote was more along the lines of 'you heard the scuttling of some rodents here and there'. They're certainly not swarming in front of you like some free for all buffet. The madman doesn't need to catch them all, he just needs to catch the ones you're able to catch.

Also, what you're proposing is still B1 anyway.

treave is she fully healthy and operational now? Could she pull off this thing?

Maybe. Depends on how long the journey is. She's in okay condition.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

A1 is not sacrificing her limb - it is crippling her and leaving her to die. Maybe Jing can't acknowledge that, but we can. She'll be severely wounded and stranded with a cannibal. No way she lives unless she dives into the water after we're gone.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom