Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Baltika9

Arcane
Which is why I advocated for A2 from the very beginning. WHY DIDN'T YOU LISTEN, BROS!?

But seriously, I hope this doesn't get Qilin killed. Having the Wudu on our asses for this isn't a comfortable thought.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Oh, murderous rage is exactly what it means. The sight of the amulet sends him into a mad frenzy and he kills you and Qilin. And presumably eats well after that.

ScubaV

Prophet
Hmm, well we already did one degenerate rollback, but I also don't want to see this LP end so early either. Even if we did rollback I don't think I'd want to anything different except not show the amulet.

Esquilax

Arcane
Well, in the voting bloc's defense, we didn't know how the rolls actually would work for this choice, and it's only been seven hours since the update was posted, so maybe it's just :troll:-treave at it again. I hope.

Hmm, well we already did one degenerate rollback, but I also don't want to see this LP end so early either. Even if we did rollback I don't think I'd want to anything different except not show the amulet.

Well, we could continue with another character. *crossing fingers for Guo Fu!*

But really, though it sucks to see Jing go out like this, he did manage to pull off an incredible deed by legitimizing Shun's rule without any bloodshed or patricide. Even if nobody ever knows of the name of Xu Jing, that is a hell of a legacy to have.

Rex Feral

Prophet
I meant we roll back to just before you guys came with the amulet idea :D

But if you prefer we die from his murderous rage, I guess we can rollback to a few updates back

Baltika9

Arcane
Well, if this was just a peek at what could happen and doesn't count for the next update, then this just solidifies my stance against B1: we're taking a completely passive stance towards the whole situation, and roaming in search of an alternate exit that is probably doesn't exist in the first place. And if it does, then YX has it under control. The only real choices are to pay with our arm and take on the most hardcore training in the nation, harder than Master Zhang's, and come out one hardass motherfucker for it, or jump in the water with Qilin and have our qinggong carry us through.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I'd be more inclined to continue with the votes, since this roll was a supplementary add-on: 'if you get a good result you keep it, if something goes wrong we try to roll with it, if you die we'll just pretend it didn't happen'. Though even the 'no effect' result only meant no effect on his disposition towards you, and you would have triggered an exposition scene too, which might have helped guide your choices. Still, luck of the roll and all that.

I'm not keen on giving out any more rollbacks, and definitely not anything on the scale of the last one we did. But any other options, including dieing and going for another character, or moving onto something else, are still on the table.

RealDDc

Learned
Well we had shown him the amulet, and he goes in murderous rage, wouldn't that limit us to only one option - run and jump into the river?

Baltika9

Arcane
Well we had shown him the amulet, and he goes in murderous rage, wouldn't that limit us to only one option - run and jump into the river?
I'm afraid that even in his condition, Jing and Qilin can't outrun him, which speaks volumes about the man (seriously, why aren't we taking up his offer? With him and Master Zhang as our instructors, plus Jing's innate talent and instincts, we'll be an indestructible master of war). The moment he sees it, both of them are dead meat for his sammich. :lol: Basically, this is a "carry on, nothing happened."
And thank god treave for that.

Esquilax

Arcane

Yeah, I don't think that you can easily run from a guy who Jing surmised was stronger than Zhang Jue*. If he wants you dead, you probably aren't going to get away in time.

* Disclaimer: It must be noted that this comparison was made regarding LORD ZHANG before his Japanese Adventure. He was formidable before, but now he is an engine of destruction who can best any man, Yang Xue included. Any statement to the contrary is extremely heretical and will be met with brutal reprisal by the Zhang Jue Appreciation Society.

ScubaV

Prophet
Treave is a benevolent god. He watches us fuck up and then picks us up and dusts us off so we can continuing stumbling along. I choose to believe that our derpiness is amusing to him, much like a puppy/kitten.

RealDDc

Learned
Yes if he was just out to kill Jing and Qilin, they would have no chance to get away. But there is more motion, he has to realise that talisman, then ge goes entirely insane and in his rage just wants to kill everything but also does want the amulet I suppose. Someone probably gets injured and the amulet ends in the madmans possession, but the happenings give a small time frame Jing and Qilin manage to flee trough the river.

"carry on, nothing happened."
Thats lame.

Kashmir Slippers

Magister
Here is how I hope A2 will turn out if we chose it: Right before he rips off our arm, an ominous rumble will shake the chamber before the ground beneath Yang Xue erupts as Zhang Jue bursts from the depths and uppercuts his head off while saying that only he is allowed to rip arms off his disciple.

He would promptly then rip off both of our arms so that no one will ever be able to try.

RealDDc

Learned
The luck stat didn't even factor into this, the real roll fucked us up. Unless the roll was rigged somehow.

LWC1996

Learned
Who could've thought that our Luck 1 would betray us?

Apparently only you and everyone else here who didn't think the luck stat wud strike.

I vote for starting with a new LP. This has lost its fun with the hero dying TWICE in such short time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom