Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well, I don't regret Operation Immortal one bit, but from a certain perspective, it could be argued that offing the old man would have hardened Shun for the harsh reality of being an Emperor.
[...]
The interesting thing is that while Shun has a very strong position openly - nobody would dare publicly oppose Shun's rule after Operation Immortal - a few clever observers (i.e. the Grand Eunuchs) can take a look at his cabinet, bide their time, and wait for the cracks to appear. His hand is strong now, but sometimes when you're winning, you get careless, lose sight of things, and before you know it, you've gotten complacent and the enemy has the last laugh.
So, what are you - or is it Baltika9? - saying is that we should have dealt him a weaker hand to harden him? How does this even make sense?

That's, basically, was what the Operation Immortal was about. To make open opposition to Shun impossible. He'll have to capitalize on that.

Oh, we can still harden him, if you want. We just have to put his rule in as much jeopardy as possible. Is that how it is? I don't even get that 'certain perspective'.

-We have a date to keep with Yunzi.
I already lost the fight for this vote.
All hail Kashmir Slippers!

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
A good strategist does not let his enemies know his next move.

A great strategist likes to let his enemies know his next move.

A brilliant strategist prefers to have his enemies know his next two moves.

And so on, and so forth.
The God of strategists makes sure no one has any idea what the fuck is going on.

FREE WINE AND DRUGS FOR EVERYONE!!!111!!!

Nevill

Arcane
treave, two things I'd like to know.

I am still uncertain of what Gao Ying thinks about us. With the way our conversation was going in the tunnels, it really seemed like he would try and off us. Still, he was in the rescue party. I just want to know - if they didn't have Cao'er with them, would he opt to report us missing in action, or would he try and help save us? Though Shun would probably get the information out of him about what had happened to us and mount a rescuing operation anyway.

What was his stance on the matter? Perhaps we can ask Cao'er that?

And the second question, will Qilin return to her family now, or will she stick with us for a while? It does not seem like she wants to, but does she have a say in the matter?

Nevill

Arcane
-We can help Miss Song seduce BJ, maybe if he gets laid he will be just slightly less insufferable.
Hey, I actually love the idea of playing a matchmaker between them. Leave Bai a note that a certain Man Tiger Pig is waiting for him in an alley, and he will come running. We can set up an accidental meeting for them that way, and we also would serve as a good common topic. Maybe when he is all flustered and susceptible for trolling we can get an upper hand on him during the fight.

Of course, then Miss Bai will be revealed to be a girl, and it all will go downhill from there.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
-We have a date to keep with Yunzi.
I already lost the fight for this vote.
All hail Kashmir Slippers!
Indeed, might as well close down the votes now. No way will A win with Yunzi on the line.

Poor Cao'er, she keeps trying to make Jing acknowledge her love, but he always rushes off after some other skirt. Her best friend got laid before she did, with the love of her life, no less, who immediately takes off after some Mongolian hussy and leaves her chasing his coattails. Looks like nobody here likes poor Cao'er after all.

Fangshi

Arcane
Poor Cao'er, she keeps trying to make Jing acknowledge her love, but he always rushes off after some other skirt. Her best friend got laid before she did, with the love of her life, no less, who immediately takes off after some Mongolian hussy and leaves her chasing his coattails. Looks like nobody here likes poor Cao'er after all.

That is why we ask Shun to lend us a carriage, Jing and Cao'er can spend the whole time in the back while Quilin drives (only fair after all), think of it as one more reason to vote for B. :smug:

Baltika9

Arcane
I don't think so, we are clearly running after Yunzi in B, I doubt we will pay much attention to anyone else, Jing being as headstrong as he is, and getting into a love triangle without her will just push Yunzi away. No, bro, we gotta stay behind, and use these two months to help Jing get over his issues and consolidate his harem. Give him a and Cao'er a calm setting to resolve this issue, just like him and Qilin did in that cave.

Nevill

Arcane
Poor Cao'er, she keeps trying to make Jing acknowledge her love, but he always rushes off after some other skirt.
That's all your fault, you know? You never give the girl a break. You didn't take her down for cave exploration with us. And all that talk about her being our little sister...

You are the biggest cockblocker ever.

Seriously, though, we have to decide what kind of relationship we want to have with the girl. Jing's tendencies to handwave the problem until it gets too big to ignore start to worry me.

Baltika9 said:
I don't think so, we are clearly running after Yunzi in B, I doubt we will pay much attention to anyone else, Jing being as headstrong as he is, and getting into a love triangle without her will just push Yunzi away.
It's a square now. Or is it a pyramid? And it will get more vertices as time goes on.

Baltika9 said:
I don't think so, we are clearly running after Yunzi in B, I doubt we will pay much attention to anyone else, Jing being as headstrong as he is, and getting into a love triangle without her will just push Yunzi away.
Heresy! Jing's heart is big enough for them all.

And he still does not realize he loves Yunzi.

Last edited:

Fangshi

Arcane
Baltika9 said:
I don't think so, we are clearly running after Yunzi in B, I doubt we will pay much attention to anyone else, Jing being as headstrong as he is, and getting into a love triangle without her will just push Yunzi away. No, bro, we gotta stay behind, and use these two months to help Jing get over his issues and consolidate his harem. Give him a and Cao'er a calm setting to resolve this issue, just like him and Qilin did in that cave.

Nonsense, when confronted with a challenge such as this Zhang would expect us to push onward, to be bold, daring and to live up to the name of the Maniac's Apprentice. You would not want to disappoint Lord Zhang now would you Baltika9? ;)

Just think of what the man would say if we failed to woo his niece, just think of the pugilistic heritage that would we wasted upon the Fire Cult. We have the honour, no the duty to pursue this course to a fitting end and Cao'er will understand that I am sure. :lol:

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
All hail Zhang Jue!
:salute:

Flopping to B in His name, Cao'er can go be with Shun or something. I don't care.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
treave, two things I'd like to know.

I am still uncertain of what Gao Ying thinks about us. With the way our conversation was going in the tunnels, it really seemed like he would try and off us. Still, he was in the rescue party. I just want to know - if they didn't have Cao'er with them, would he opt to report us missing in action, or would he try and help save us? Though Shun would probably get the information out of him about what had happened to us and mount a rescuing operation anyway.

What was his stance on the matter? Perhaps we can ask Cao'er that?

And the second question, will Qilin return to her family now, or will she stick with us for a while? It does not seem like she wants to, but does she have a say in the matter?

He made the report truthfully, but didn't push any opinion of his own regarding the rescue.

As for Qilin, she's really pretty much free to do as she wants for now. Higher chance of her sticking around if you go to Heihu.

Nonsense, when confronted with a challenge such as this Zhang would expect us to push onward, to be bold, daring and to live up to the name of the Maniac's Apprentice. You would not want to disappoint Lord Zhang now would you Baltika9? ;)

Just think of what the man would say if we failed to woo his niece, just think of the pugilistic heritage that would we wasted upon the Fire Cult. We have the honour, no the duty to pursue this course to a fitting end and Cao'er will understand that I am sure. :lol:

Perhaps we should see how many relatives we can spin out of the Five Great Pugilists.

Qilin - Tulu Huodu, uncle
Any Tang princess - Qi Liuwu, uncle
Yunzi - Zhang Jue, uncle?
Cao'er - Fangzhang, grand-uncle?
??? Bai Jiutian? - Wang Zhengchong, grandfather?

The annual family conference would be a major martial arts summit on it's own merit.

Fangshi

Arcane
treave said:
Qilin - Tulu Huodu, uncle
Any Tang princess - Qi Liuwu, uncle
Yunzi - Zhang Jue, uncle?
Cao'er - Fangzhang, grand-uncle?
??? Bai Jiutian? - Wang Zhengchong, grandfather?

See now we have something to work towards. ;)

Quilin - check

Cao'er - check, once she calms down a bit

Tang princesses - we need only ask our bro Shun so check

Yunzi - she is what we should be working on right now

BJ - ? Well I guess she will just have to join the harem after all and better take Miss Song as well so she is not lonely... ;)

The annual family conference would be a major martial arts summit on it's own merit.

And incredibly dangerous too boot:

All of the food would be poison...

People would randomly have their arms ripped off...

There would be constant impromptu fights...

And lots of betting on the aforementioned fights...

Ying hiding in the bushes, and miraculous disappearances...

Tigers and castration nuns for everyone...

And it will all take place on Maniac Island...

What are we waiting for this will be magnificent. :lol:

Baltika9

Arcane
Holy shit, I just realized something: the Frathouse probably has the authority to get Jing and Qilin hitched, don't they? Wang, Zhengchong and Miecao are all high priests of their organizations, aren't they?

You know what, let's have Qi Liuwu do it. Just bribe him with a bottle of wine, dress him up in robes and have him do the ceremony at the end of the tournament.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I know it's a thing, this "Miao", but I keep seeing cat-people in my mind... Do they have a higher percentage of furries, what with that name?

Meow people.. Really.

Nevill

Arcane
Could be Miecao's brother, though he 'repented' and entered monastic life long before she did.
I am kind of rusty with the timelines. Isn't the Abbess in her sixties, and the Abbot in his seventies? Didn't he join the monastery after the war, when he was thirty-something? When did Lihua became a nun? I know it was after she had a daughter, but before she grew up, so anywhere in-between from her twenties to forties?

Oh? Do tell. :)

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I am kind of rusty with the timeline. Isn't the Abbess in her sixties, and the Abbot in his seventies? Didn't he join the monastery after the war, when he was thirty-something? When did Lihua became a nun?

He was a monk and Wang a Taoist already during the Tujue War. She became a nun shortly after her daughter was born, which would have been around the time between the end of the Tujue War and beginning of the civil war as far as I can tell from the timeline. Sibling age gap can be quite large and they can be less than ten years apart anyway.

Oh? Do tell. :)

Uh, maybe I'll do a write-up if it becomes relevant.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
If you can afford it, yes, but it's rather frowned upon as a sign of excess.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

An explosion of discuss. I'll wade through it later.

B - It's not often I vote like this, but I want to read about Jing the fighter, not Jing the pseudo politician. It's typical of Jing to dodge glory, prefering only to be Shun's humble bodyguard. Plus, we do have that promise to keep...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom