Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Baltika9 said:
My problem with B3 is that we're risking the Sword Saint getting involved and then we've accomplished absolutely nothing. He can stop the BJ/Vahista fight by himself and if he decides to get involved in it, we just wasted an opportunity to make a difference somewhere else and wasted an opportunity to gather rep for Zhang Jue's challenge.
Excuse me.

Why do we need a rep for Zhang Jue's challenge, again? I thought that at this point it is time to concern outselves with the challenge itself.

Baltika9 said:
That's not the problem with B3A, we'll be fighting on more-or-less fair grounds:
You can go all-out on a kid. You can even beat him. Does not mean that it was fair.
Look, the point of the challenge is to determine who is a better fighter. If you are using Vahista's help against BJ (regardless of whether he provides it voluntarily or not), then you are not doing the challenge the right way and can not claim yourlself to be better.

Rex Feral

Prophet
You bros are pathetic. Really. You can't see the obvious answer?

Once again, you faggots chose to fling yourself into the most male heavy situation possible, while ignoring the danger and the beautiful women (who by the way hold the key to victory here - especially the cult's "holy maiden").

:codexisfor:
A3 A

So you propose we kick both Yunzi and the Huashan Twins in the face. Now THEM, I could imagine teaming up against us.

Baltika9

Arcane
Except B3 isn't secretly ganging up on BJ, we'll be charging in to kick both their asses and stop the fighting. That's what x3 is about, we're not taking any sides but kicking everyone's asses equally, neither Vahista or BJ will be doing us any favors if we go in as a neutral party.
Baltika9 said:
My problem with B3 is that we're risking the Sword Saint getting involved and then we've accomplished absolutely nothing. He can stop the BJ/Vahista fight by himself and if he decides to get involved in it, we just wasted an opportunity to make a difference somewhere else and wasted an opportunity to gather rep for Zhang Jue's challenge.
Excuse me.

Why do we need a rep for Zhang Jue's challenge, again? I thought that at this point it is time to concern outselves with the challenge itself.
That's what I meant: Zhang Jue wants us to be the baddest dude of our generation, and be acknowledged as such. Holding our ground with Vahista and BJ on the field will go directly towards that.

Nevill

Arcane
Baltika9 said:
That's what I meant: Zhang Jue wants us to be the baddest dude of our generation, and be acknowledged as such.
It does not fulfill the goal of the challenge - to surpass Bai Jiutian in a (relatively) fair fight.

All it gives is a reputation, and we have enough of that already.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

You bros are pathetic. Really. You can't see the obvious answer?

Once again, you faggots chose to fling yourself into the most male heavy situation possible, while ignoring the danger and the beautiful women (who by the way hold the key to victory here - especially the cult's "holy maiden").

:codexisfor:
A3 A

So you propose we kick both Yunzi and the Huashan Twins in the face. Now THEM, I could imagine teaming up against us.
Irrelevant. Our superior troll skills will win the day. Besides, we promised Yunzi a fight anyway.

The cult will move to defend their holy maiden. Bai will move to defend the twins. The focus of the battle will shift to us, causing them to stop fighting each other.

Damn it, don't you guys know how to play man tiger pig by now?

Fangshi

Arcane
Baltika9 said:
This isn't one cohesive group fighting another, the orthodox sects aren't acting with any organization and are basically curbstomping their way through the Fire Cult, who are just trying to get enough breathing room to GTFO. I'm not sure that offing the leaders of either group, or both of them, will by itself be enough. The sects will still be slaughtering cultists individually, while the Fire cult will still be tryong to run away, but without their leaders it will be more of a panicked retreat for them and they'll likely end up scattered and broken, nothing we can do will help them at that point. If we want to give the Fire Cult a chance at surviving, we must be fighting on their side and evacute them before LORD Zhang shows up and goes Judas Priest of them.

Well if that really is the case then it would be best to attack Guo Fu and reopen their escape route. But I think if we show up with the Sword Saint and crush their best fighters they will be forced to stop. If we beat BJ and Vahista there is no one that can stop us from pummeling everyone else on the field as well. They will have to stop as they will be unable to continue fighting.

Nevill

Arcane
Lambchop19 said:
The cult will move to defend their holy maiden. Bai will move to defend the twins. The focus of the battle will shift to us, causing them to stop fighting each other.
Suddenly, this sounds like a plan again.

Flopped to A3A.

Esquilax

Arcane
I think that Lambchop19 is totally on to something. Yunzi would hate it if we ended up whiteknighting for her, but she'd probably be secretly turned on if we fought both her and the Nie twins. Bai Jiutian's whiteknighting instincts will inevitably draw him to defend his fair maidens, while attacking Yunzi would draw Vahista toward us. Hopefully, at that point, the Sword Saint can prevent us from getting mauled.

I am convinced. There's plenty of time to gain prestige in fighting Bai Jiutian, meanwhile we have our reputation as a depraved pervert to defend.

Flopped, A3A it is. I changed my original post. Great argumentation, BRO.

:bro:

profreshinal

Arcane
I don't see why we would try and stop the fighting. Currently the fire cult is losing and the only thing of interest is Yunzi now that the leaders/trainers are MIA.

so I'm going to side with A3A

Last edited:

Anabanana

Augur
And meanwhile the poor unnamed mooks drop like flies in the background while we're chasing skirts. Where is the Jing who fought off a hundred orthodox pugilists trying to prevent casualties at all cost?

Fangshi

Arcane
:lol:

Hmmm... I do like the trolling aspect of it all.

And maybe they would all stop if we hold the girls hostage provided we can do it quickly...

The Fire Cult would definitely want to protect Yunzi and I could see BJ trying to swoop in and play the hero but what about the fights in C and D. Do we honestly think everyone will stop if we take the girls hostage?

I just don't know...

Ah to hell with it... A3A>B3A B3A>A3A (I just like B better as a concept I guess) we have a reputation to maintain and it will be lulzy if nothing else.

Hopefully the Sword Saint will keep the rest of the battle under control... this could go terribly wrong though... :lol:

Last edited:

Rex Feral

Prophet
It will be so funny when everyone gangs on us and kicks our ass. Though they will stop fighting at least. Or it might end up in a true clusterfuck, where the only one that emerges alive will be the sword saint, quickly off'ed afterwards by a pissed Zhang Jue, because he missed the fight.

Ah what the hell, A3A, but lets keep it friendly, I don't want to attack Yunzi will all our might and killing intent.

Fangshi

Arcane
Rex Feral said:
Ah what the hell, A3A, but lets keep it friendly, I don't want to attack Yunzi will all our might and killing intent.

That is why we picked up the silk skill, we have finally found its true purpose. For kidnapping maidens... :lol:

Tribute

Arbiter
And meanwhile the poor unnamed mooks drop like flies in the background while we're chasing skirts. Where is the Jing who fought off a hundred orthodox pugilists trying to prevent casualties at all cost?
Drowned out by the votes from the people who insisted we take the Fire Cult option last vote because they wanted to maximize their Yunzi points?

Baltika9

Arcane
Drowned out by the votes from the people who insisted we take the Fire Cult option last vote because they wanted to maximize their Yunzi points?
And the most hilarious thing about A3A is that Yunzi won't appreciate our trollolo one bit while her faction is being cut down left and right, and we bust in on the scene and start attacking her as well as her opponents. I'm expecting a "what the fuck, man?" I mean, it is a pretty douche move.

However, it is also the most unorthodox and pleasing to LORD Zhang Jue, so that's fine with me. Hopefully the carnage and blood will expedite his arrival.

Nevill

Arcane
Did Minamoto have hot girls?
There is your answer.

Baltika9 said:
And the most hilarious thing about A3A is that Yunzi won't appreciate our trollolo one bit while her faction is being cut down left and right, and we bust in on the scene and start attacking her as well as her opponents
Not our fault they fucked up.
Come on, we have the Saint to stop the fighting. That is why he is called The Saint and we are called Man Tiger Pig.

Rex Feral

Prophet
I don't even know what to vote for anymore. :(

The main point about A3A is that we feign attacking the girls so that we get the immediate attention of everyone. Then after the sword saint cuts down a few and they realise he is on our side, nobody wanting to fight him, they stop fighting and agree on our terms. Bai Jiutan would probably stop as soon as he sees him. As for the others I guess they just want to leave.

Nevill

Arcane
Rex Feral said:
Then after the sword saint cuts down a few
The Saint employs non-lethal techniques. He doesn't even draw his sword from the sheath most of the time.

Baltika9

Arcane
Baltika9 said:
And the most hilarious thing about A3A is that Yunzi won't appreciate our trollolo one bit while her faction is being cut down left and right, and we bust in on the scene and start attacking her as well as her opponents
Not our fault they fucked up.
Come on, we have the Saint to stop the fighting. That is why he is called The Saint and we are called Man Tiger Pig.
:lol: I don't think Sword Saint means what you think it means. A Sword Saint/Kensai is a master of the sword and the Warrior Way. And Shagguan seems like he gives zero fucks about the situation and can go either of the three ways:
“So, Master Shangguan,” you ask, “are you planning on participating in the fight?”

“I am yet undecided,” says the Sword Saint simply. “On one hand, the Fire Cult may be dangerous to the country, but on the other hand, I am not too sure if it is the righteous thing to do, to cut them down like this. Mercy to the defeated is the prerogative of the strong, after all. What do you think I should do, Yandi?”

“You should attack both sides,” says Murong Yandi without hesitating. “With your strength, it would be possible to force them to stop fighting.”

“Sounds like a bother,” laughs the Sword Saint, before turning to you, Qilin and Cao’er. “And what do you think I should do?”

Rex Feral

Prophet
Yeah but he'll figure that gruesomely cutting down a few will make more of an impression and stop the fight sooner, possibly saving more lives in the long run.

Baltika9

Arcane
Yeah but he'll figure that gruesomely cutting down a few will make more of an impression and stop the fight sooner, possibly saving more lives in the long run.
We don't know him well enough to make those kinds of judgement. He may not even join the fight in the first place, to me he seems like an extremely lazy and talented fucker. "Yeah, I can, but it's such a bother."

Rex Feral

Prophet
I think he is a wild card at best. We should really consider if we want him in the battle at all.

Who did he lose against in the past?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom