Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Baltika9

Arcane
No one, I think, though he is Zhang Jue's equal. He just can't be bothered to get out of bed and get the title of a Great for himself. :lol:

Rex Feral

Prophet
No, I think I remember someone mentioned he lost to someone else. It might have been in one of those retconned updates that treave deleted.

Anabanana

Augur
A3A sounds like a great way to lose Yunzi points, not gain them. This is her cult after all, and presumably she would prefer that as many of their members retreat in one piece as possible. For that to happen, we need to go with D2 to prevent immediate deaths, or barring that, help break through the bottleneck that is Guo Fu with C2 so that the cultists can escape safely.

Also the problem with the redirection is that, even assuming that Vahista and BJT will immediately come running if Yunzi and the Huashan sisters get attacked by you, which might not be the case if you're attacking both of them equally which means that neither of them will be in too much extra danger, they might simply end up duelling each other again to stop the other person from helping out, which would accomplish exactly nothing.

Plus remember that Yunzi wants to duel Jing and the Huashan sisters have a grudge against Jing for being a pervert so they might just end up ganging up to take care of you first before turning back on each other.

Rex Feral

Prophet
I thought D2 ran out of votes. Oh well D2A>A2A>A3A

I really need to edit all my previous posts or else every fucking choice might get my vote. Maybe tommorrow.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
No, I think I remember someone mentioned he lost to someone else. It might have been in one of those retconned updates that treave deleted.

Sometimes it's just voters pulling speculation out of nowhere and stating assumptions as fact that play tricks with your memory. :lol:

The Sword Saint is undefeated.

Rex Feral

Prophet
Fuck Yunzi and her points. We are here for Zhang Jue's and Shagguan's amusement.

Zhang would be dissapointed that you don't care about his niece. The true way of Zhang would be to just jump in the middle of it and beat sense into everyone until they stop fighting. If we did this I'd rather do it with strangers and not jump on Yunzi or Guo Fu.

Baltika9

Arcane
If Yunzi can't defeat Jing and the Nie twins with both hands tied behind her back and hopping on one foot, she isn't worthy of being his niece.
:rpgcodex:
Keep our MAster's bloodline pure!

Rex Feral

Prophet
I still think D3A would be the true Zhang way. We start there and go through all the choices next. Kicking ass left and right with no discrimination whatsoever, together with the Sword Saint. And all this glorious fighting for a good purpose. We are trying to stop violence in our own violent manner.

Baltika9

Arcane
Also, completely fucking retarded: what does D3 accomplish? We're beating on both sides and making an enemy of the Cult (and definitely Yunzi, she won't appreciate us attacking the youths of her faction) and the Orthodox sects. If we want to help the Cult, we must take their side. If we want to help ourselves, then neutrality is the way to go. If we want to help the orthodox sects, then we should side with them and help BJ against Vahista.

Rex Feral

Prophet
We're supposedly trying to set them apart, not unlike two kids that are fighting. We are going together with the saint so we're not there to piss them off, we are actually trying to make peace by incapacitating every aggresive combatant. Besides we try to refrain from murdering anyone. Think of how the police handles riots.

Baltika9

Arcane
Escept Xu Jing isn't the police (should've joined the Constabulary for that) and we have no authority or reputation to be the peacemaker. We are MTP, the most unorthodox and whimsical young martial artist in the jianghu, and we are a friend to neither side. Not to mention that this isn't a street riot, this is an honest-to-god battle for survival, like in a war, and we are likely to get skewered by some guy if we try to play the hero. We either pick a side and help them win, or work for our own benefit/ There is no middle ground.

Rex Feral

Prophet
Yandi proposed that his master fight both sides to make them stop fighting. D3 would be helping him do this, going in as one of his peacekeeper henchmen, together with Yandi. Stop the fighting by KO'ing everyone. Since the youths are fleeing and we aren't pursuing and will probably not attack us in D3 we will mostly fight orthodox pugilists that are too keen on pursuing the youths.

Tribute

Arbiter
You know, once it became apparent the constabulary option wasn't going to win, it's possible we should have made sure we had actual goals and possibly something resembling a plan for what we wanted to accomplish once we hit the challenge. It seems none of us can agree on what our aims are here. Beat the crap out of Vahishta and BJ for Zhang points? Minimize loss of life? Pick whatever we think will get us the most Yunzi points?

Help BJ beat up Vahishta for more "BJ is secretly a woman" points?

Baltika9

Arcane
That would have been great, if not for one thing: we can't predict what Shagguan will do, he may outright refuse to do anything and just go because no good fights are around. Or he may side with the Orthodox sects. Bottom line, we can't count on him doing exactly what we want him to do.

Rex Feral

Prophet
I'm still considering options. Every plan between B3, A3, and D3 has both their good and bad parts. We are either getting our ass kicked, making Yunzi hate us by being a prick or making everyone hate us for attacking both sides in worst case scenarios. Loss of lives are gonna be high, I bet.

Baltika9

Arcane
Or, you know, we can just side with the underdog and help them with the evacuation and as little loss of life as possible.

Rex Feral

Prophet
Didn't you vote A3?

I think my actual vote is D2 now so I really am opting for that option.

Tribute

Arbiter
And then Guo Fu is finally overwhelmed and dies under fifty swords because nobody voted C.

Baltika9

Arcane
I was on D2 originally, but since has so little support, might as well go for the option that brings the most carnage to the battlefield and gathers enough blood to summon Zhang Jue.

Rex Feral

Prophet
Actually if the juniors flee while we fight their pursuers and Guo Fu is in their way I can easily imagine him being overwhelemd by 400 guys

Baltika9

Arcane
Excpet there are about a couple of dozen men on each side in D2, so it's not that many guys.

It will take more than a hundred grunts to bring BRO FU down, and I doubt they'd run for the path he's guarding anyway.

Rex Feral

Prophet
How about we all flop to helping Guo Fu, keep our heads down and pretend we're not here.

I'm beggining to understand why there is an E choice.

Baltika9

Arcane
And what would helping Guo Fu against fifty dudes accomplish? Absolutely nothing, is what.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom