Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Rex Feral

Prophet
I was kidding :D

But I love how nobody thinks about Qilin or Cao'er and that it might be dangerous for them to be dragged into a full scale battle like this, especially since treave started making death flags on Qilin.

Baltika9

Arcane
If they can't survive this, they are not worthy of being our wives, simple as that.
:rpgcodex:

Rex Feral

Prophet
So is anyone else joining with D2?

Fire Cult+Yunzi points+saving semi-innocent lives.

Downsides might include a poor Guo Fu being overwhelmed by everyone trying to escape past him.

HOLY FUCK! I don't even know whose ass to kick now! Too many variables. This is mess!
Damn, we missed the first epic fight. I'm kinda thinking of leaving BJ and Vahista alone so Zhang can amuse himself punching Vahista in the face rather than fighting the Sword Saint.

Thinking about the grand picture: Things are going to hell now, aren't they? If the Fire Cult survives the Eight Sects will be engaged in what amounts to a gang war with them. If the leaders are all dead, this will result in lots of upheaval, not to mention we lose one of our best resources, the friendship of the Frathouse, but on the plus side we get the chance to add Yunzi to the harem. This is probably the best thing that ever happened to the Bandit Kingdom since ever.

I have a feeling this is our last chance to buddy it up with the Fire Cult or the Orthodox Sects.

Let's see our forces:

- Jing (lots of lethal-as-fuck techniques, but can fight non-lethally as well, web, some poison, Sword)
- Qillin (poisons, pets)
- Cao'er (pressure points, needles, high PE, healer, can probably pull some poisons as well)
and possibly but not surely:
Sword Saint (good when non-lethal, Greats' level)
Murong Yandi
(we can possibly get Yunzi, Bai Jiutian or Guo Fu on our team)
(we may also possibly get Zhang to beat on someone, but wherever that will be Vahista or the Sword Saint, I'm really unsure, they are both the only persons around who would give him a challenge, wouldn't surprise me if this ends with a Zhang vs Sword Saint vs Vahista 1x1x1 instead))

I think actually getting Guo on board would be awesome, because he is NOT the murderous type and I can't see him killing in anything but extreme self-defense. He may stand down if we just ask him or help him punch out all these dudes. Guo is the perfect blocker, I can see why he was chosen here.

As for the Sword Saint... if we go wildcard, I think he's either going to help the escaping Fire Cult dudes or fight Vahista and Bai Jiutian. I think wildcard Sword Saint is more probable because Murong told him so as well, and Murong + Jing might sway him. I think getting him to side with the Orthodox Cultists might actually be harder because of the Fire Cult getting slaughtered.

Siding with Fire Cult will send us to the skies into the Unorthodox points, fighting Orthodox will give us Orthodox points, fighting BOTH will probably give us neither (BECAUSE WHAT THE FUCK) or even more Unorthodox points, and also add to the secret WTF! counter that gives extra points to making people confused at what Man Tiger Pig wants or will do.

I reserve my vote BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!
OCD OVERLOAD!

And what would helping Guo Fu against fifty dudes accomplish? Absolutely nothing, is what.

Guo Fu is our bro, for starters. He might help us stop the fighting, all we have to do is to beat those dudes and convince him to help us against the others. He's not very bright.

Baltika9

Arcane
Well, how about option F: fuck everything, everybody dies, orthodox and fire cult, so that Shun can get the country back under his control. We gather enough blood for a pentagram, offer skulls to Khorne, chant Zhang Jue three times and proceed on a killing spree?

Absinthe

Arcane
You know, once it became apparent the constabulary option wasn't going to win, it's possible we should have made sure we had actual goals and possibly something resembling a plan for what we wanted to accomplish once we hit the challenge. It seems none of us can agree on what our aims are here. Beat the crap out of Vahishta and BJ for Zhang points? Minimize loss of life? Pick whatever we think will get us the most Yunzi points?
All of the above, here.

I think B3 works because it gets Zhang Jue points (top dog), it can put an end to the conflict (Because the orthodox sects are rallying behind Bai Jiutian for this bullshit and Vahista is the spokesman for the Fire Cult). It can also score Yunzi points because it settles the conflict in a fashion that allows the two sides to come to dialogue. I also prefer 3 because it preserves our neutrality and 'cause we get Murong Yandi (bro) on our side. I don't like being on either the Eight Sects or the Fire Temple's side, to be honest.

I don't like D2 because even though it can save those Fire Temple cultists from getting injured, we'd be siding with the Fire Temple. There's also the chance that we'd be up against the Sword Saint and that's too hard for us. D3 I can see because we could be minimizing loss of life (ideally, Jing is a little too powerful and lethal), but I'm not sure how well we'd be putting an end to this conflict. Also, it gets no ZJ points.

Last edited:

Rex Feral

Prophet
I hope these votes don't close by tomorrow cause I really have to decide on something to vote after making a tally.

Fangshi

Arcane
Baltika9 said:
Well, how about option F: fuck everything, everybody dies, orthodox and fire cult, so that Shun can get the country back under his control. We gather enough blood for a pentagram, offer skulls to Khorne, chant Zhang Jue three times and proceed on a killing spree?

To which I would add addendum H: harem, tie up the girls and have Quilin and Cao'er drag them off before summoning our master to purge the world... ;)

I still think we can stop the battle if we give them sufficient reason to reconsider, either we establish our dominance over their best fighters with B3 or we take hostages with A3 to make them stop. The other options just do not seem to move us closer to ending this with the exception of C2 which would give the Cult their escape route, but while I definitely do not want to aid the sects in this fight I am not really interested in helping the Cult either.

I am concerned for Jing's friends and interested in ending this quickly to get the details as to how this happened but beyond that I am not too worried if Vahista and BJ murder each other...

Last edited:

Kipeci

Arcane
After looking back over this, I must again revert to a D2A because I was possessed by stupidity for a moment back there. The Fire Cult likes us better (and I want to be their friend), Yunzi will almost certainly appreciate us saving her friends more than interfering in her match or whatever else, and what's at cost is the relationship with two sects that we have terrible relationships with, anyway. If the Fire Cult's weakest members are able to run off, then the stronger ones no longer have a compelling reason to keep on fighting.

ScubaV

Prophet
There's definitely an element of analysis paralysis going on that I feel victim to as well. I think I'll stick with B3A for now, as I think it has the best chance of ending the fight the quickest and tests our skill at the same time. If the Sword Saint intervenes in that same fight and steals our glory then oh well I guess. But as treave said, it's ultimately his decision to make and we can only hope that with the last A choice he helps others and lets us do our thing. I'm unconvinced about the value of A3A. It may attract the attention of BJ and Vahista, but they're rather occupied at the moment so it may not. And I really don't think it will earn us brownie harem points with either Yunzi or the Twins.

The other option I would consider is D2A because it is consistent with our pirate/100 pugilists behavior, doesn't cost much in terms of reputation/unorthodoxy because we're already so far gone on those scales, and may yield some Yunzi points. I'm not sure Zhang Jue would be amused by it, however.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Baltika9 - D2A
Azira - A3A
Smashing Axe - B3A > x3A
ERYFKRAD - C3A > x3A
Zero Credibility - D2A > D3A
Nevill - A3A
Esquilax - A3A
Rex Feral - D2A > A2A > A3A
Elfberserker - A3A > A2A
Jester - B3B
asxetos - B3A
Tribute - B3A > C1A
Anabanana - D2A > D3A > B3A
GreyViper - D3A
XenomorphII - B3A
Kipeci - D2A > B2A
TOME - D3A > x3A
ScubaV - B3A
Kashmir Slippers - C1A
Fangshi - A3A > B3A
Random Word - B3A
Absinthe - B3A
Lambchop19 - A3A
profreshinal - A3C
kazgar - C1B
Grimgravy - B3B > B3A
Tigranes - B3A

Current tally:

A3A - 6
B3A - 8
B3B - 2
C1A - 1
C1B - 1
C3A - 1
D2A - 5
D3A - 2

Current tally:

A3A - 7
B3A - 10
B3B - 1
C1A - 1
C1B - 1
C3A - 1
D2A - 3
D3A - 2

I'm not counting any votes that are incomplete at the moment (e.g. x3As, AA, A3C).

Last edited:

Kipeci

Arcane
I don't think Zhang Jue would be too amused by his prized apprentice getting smeared across the battlefield by BJ and Vahista. We were indirectly responsible for his Japan trip and delivered the Emperor of the country to him as a gardener, why do we need to evaluate our options on the basis of how much it would amuse him? We've not lost the Yuchang sword or anything.

Baltika9

Arcane
treave, what will our girls and Yandi be doing while we're busy with whatever we pick? Will they be with us, or can we send them to tend to some other tasks on the field?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
If you go to A, the girls will be executing Operation Maiden Capture after you attract everyone's attention. If you go to B, they'll smartly stay away and disable other fighters from afar, since B is the most dangerous site. If you go to C and D, they'll come in and help to clean up in the aftermath.

What Murong does will depend on what his master tells him to do.

Baltika9

Arcane
Something tells me that Shagguan and LORD Zhang are pretty tight, if not BROS even. I can see the Sword Saint telling Yandi to "amuse him."
Lazy fuck. :lol:

Fangshi

Arcane
treave said:
Operation Maiden Capture

Damn it, it has a codename.... ahh... flipping back to A3A... :lol:

Joking aside B3A does seem like the best choice to end this quickly. So yeah B3A is my serious vote

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
'Zactly. The Ahura Mazda is about tho throw the whole cliff off of his shoulders, we will be crushed by falling rocks.

Absinthe

Arcane
I don't think Yunzi is going to particularly appreciate A3A either. We're just running interference on her fight as the new wildcard.

Kipeci

Arcane
I was thinking that people were fairly on board with coming over here in order to rack up Yunzi points primarily, but now I just don't know. Apparently we want to attack the two most powerful people here (one confirmed to be much stronger than us, and the other beating him somewhat so probably that much stronger than us still) at once for, uh, r00fles or something, I guess.

Absinthe

Arcane
No, we want to attack them because they're basically the respective ringleaders of the conflict (Bai Jiutian leads Eight Sects, and Vahista leads Fire Temple) and we need everyone to settle the fuck down. Hopefully Murong Yandi or the Sword Saint will help us. If not, we'll have to hold out and hope they've both taken enough damage for us to take them down or that otherwise we can catch them off-guard (5 sleight and 7 stealth make this a possibility). It also helps that it scores Zhang Jue points, and we have a brand new Wuying Leipo technique at level 8 along with a number of other improvements to our martial arts. It might even score Yunzi points by allowing the Fire Temple and Eight Sects come to a peaceful resolution or by being a badass (girl seems to respect strength).

I don't see A racking Yunzi points no matter which way you go. A1: Now we're just straight up her enemy. A2: Insults her warrior's pride. A3: Trololol asshole interference.

Kipeci

Arcane
Why not just attack BJ alone, then? The Fire Cult is only fighting to escape at this point. If the Orthodox will fold so readily at the loss of their champion, it seems best to knock him out as soon as possible to limit the carnage, so attacking both would be rather inefficient.

Baltika9

Arcane
Yeah, I have absolutely no idea where we're going with that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom