Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Kipeci

Arcane
Well after this incident, the Fire Cult can go fuck itself, in my opinion at least. There is no way I will ever vote we help them whatsoever from now on.
I think by now that Jing should just generally cut down assholes regardless of which sect or cult they follow. As it turns out the supreme leader guy for the Fire Cult is a massive dick that wants us dead, well, let's fight him. But I think it was still right for Jing to jump in when he did to protect the youths of the Fire Cult from being killed by dickish Kunlun and Taishan guys.

Baltika9

Arcane
As it turns out the supreme leader guy for the Fire Cult is a massive dick
:lol: Quite literally, too. If I didn't know any better, I'd say he's in this Ahura Mazda business just for the vagina, not that I can blame him.

And besides not seeing a good reason to place our GLORY and FUCK THIS GUY over Qilin's life and well-being, every second she is in their hands is another second something completely retarded can happen to her, I also really, really don't see what Jing, BJ, Song and Yandi can do to help here. Lambchop's claims of teamwork and power of friendship aside, this dude obviously has no qualms about evening out his fights (calling in his guys to gang up on Big Wang) and anything we have to throw at him will be like using assault rifles on a heavy tank, inefffective. This fight is just way out of our league, the guy is a physical GOD that was only surpassed by Wang, and Wang is/was China's greatest pugilist (aside, of course, from LORD Zhang after his entertaining demon-hunting trip to Japan). Chances are, we'll only get in the way of the big shots that will have to watch out for our dumb asses as well as theirs.

But the place where we can make a difference, guaranteed, is C2.
My Argument was based that, If Firecult handed Qilin in exchange of pursuit free escape and Orthodox Schools accept it then they wouldn't hunt Firecult down in the valley. Orthodox sects do have reputation holding their part of bargains and I imagine that sects heads want to uphold that reputation. None of orthodox schools want innocent maiden like Qilin getting killed by their mistake or bloodlust.
My bad, I misunderstood what you were saying. You are righti that the Orthodox sects, Huehues in particular, have a pristine public face to uphold, so if a deal is made, the deal will very likely be followed.
However, that's a pretty big projection since we have absolutely no idea how A will turn out and who will be left standing in it's wake. Basically, it makes a huge gamble with Qilin's life for reasons I'm not exactly certain of (Glory? Revenge? Our own ego?) and that just sounds like an unnecessary risk to me, especially when we have no guarantee if our presence will make a difference, let alone a posutive difference.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
The fight against Yang Xue. That man's definitely out of Jings league, yet Jing, Qilin, Cao'er and the eunuch took him down/pacified him together.
Something similar could happen here. Or Jing could die horribly, it's true. I just don't want to see Jing flee from this man who just tried to kill him, without trolling him a bit first at least.
I just thought of something. If we take down the three Amesha Spentas, not an unreasonable expectation with BJ, Lingshu, Cao'er and Yandi on our side, and rescue Qilin, what is stopping us from going directly for Yunzi? With the Cockblock Squad down and out, the goal post is open for Operation: Maiden Capture 2.0. Who's going to stop our band? And, even more importantly, a distracting like that is not something Ahura can ignore.

"Yo, dickless! I have your Holy Maiden!" How's that for trolling? No one said C2 is just running away.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Baltika - C2
ERYFKRAD - C2 > A
Anabanana - C2
Lambchop19 - A > C1
Azira - A
Nevill - C2
kazgar - A
RealDDc - A
Zero Credibility - C2
Smashing Axe - A > C1
profreshinal - C1
asxetos - C2
SirArvedeth - A
Esquilax - C2
XenomorphII - C2
Elfberserker - A
Kashmir Slippers - A
Kipeci - A
Random Word - C2
GreyViper - C2
Fangshi - C2
Bloodshifter - C2
ScubaV - A
The Brazilian Slaughter - C2
TOME - C1 > A
Absinthe - C2
Tigranes - A
Tribute - A
Rex Feral - C2

Current tally:

A - 12
C1 - 2
C2 - 15

Last edited:

Kipeci

Arcane
How are you planning on convincing BJ, Nie Wuxian and the others to harvest the whole harem for us while leaving their fellow orthodox fighters unsupported against the greatest threat to their influence?

Baltika9

Arcane
Because they are literally gnats compared to Ahura. Staying here is literal suicide for them. Executing a distraction and taking down Ahura's backup so ge doesn't pull a repeat of his fight with Wang is a much better way to help.

Fangshi

Arcane
Also if we get rid of the hostage the sects can advance or retreat. Quilin has their army locked in place, when she is gone they can attack or withdraw at their leaders' discretion. And if we manage to grab Yunzi then the situation is flipped and we have the Cult by the metaphorical balls.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

The fight against Yang Xue. That man's definitely out of Jings league, yet Jing, Qilin, Cao'er and the eunuch took him down/pacified him together.
Something similar could happen here. Or Jing could die horribly, it's true. I just don't want to see Jing flee from this man who just tried to kill him, without trolling him a bit first at least.
I just thought of something. If we take down the three Amesha Spentas, not an unreasonable expectation with BJ, Lingshu, Cao'er and Yandi on our side, and rescue Qilin, what is stopping us from going directly for Yunzi? With the Cockblock Squad down and out, the goal post is open for Operation: Maiden Capture 2.0. Who's going to stop our band? And, even more importantly, a distracting like that is not something Ahura can ignore.

"Yo, dickless! I have your Holy Maiden!" How's that for trolling? No one said C2 is just running away.
Please stick to what the choice says and don't go adding unfounded shit like "C2 let's us get Yunzi too!".

The fact is, she probably wouldn't want to come with us so long as this guy is alive. She's already made her bed with him as far as she is concerned. That is why she is fighting on his side to begin with. :retarded: Plus, she is likely to be very well guarded herself - "holy maiden" and all.

Baltika9

Arcane
Nobody said her consent is necessary.
:troll:
With the Cockblock Squad out of the way, Qilin and Cao'er at our disposal and Yunzi's handmaidens in our debt, well, it's plausible. No less plausible than Jing's presence in A making all the difference and us pwning Ahura.

Kipeci

Arcane
Aren't the orthodox guys generally into that sort of hopeless yet honorable last stand against a terrible evil stuff, though?

Nobody said her consent is necessary.
:troll:
With the Cockblock Squad out of the way, Qilin and Cao'er at our disposal and Yunzi's handmaidens in our debt, well, it's plausible. No less plausible than Jing's presence in A making all the difference and us pwning Ahura.
You are assuming Qilin will be uninjured. Her snake is dead, so I'm betting she was roughed up a little too.

Besides, now you are talking about fighting Yunzi and capturing her on top of every thing else. Could this plan be any more doomed? :retarded:

Baltika9

Arcane
Cao'er, jinyas medic who can heal people through pressure points and mend a broken arm in two days, ring a bell?

We won't have two days. We'll be luck to have two minutes. And that doesn't change the fact that fighting/capturing Yunzi AND fighting the entire cult that will be trying to protect her would be difficult as FUCK.

Not to mention that THE GREAT BIG ASSHOLE THAT YOU ARE ALL SO AFRAID OF would probably drop his current fight asap to defend his bride to be.

Baltika9

Arcane
That was just because Jing doesn't have pressure points to heal him through. Qilin does, and all her job is is throwing spidersilk and tying up Yunzi while we troll.

kazgar

Arcane
So when the fire lord beats the sect heads and remembers he was coming for us anyway, we're going to make him angrier by going after the person who was the reason he says he has to kill us. And the the meanwhile there will only be 3 'gnats' in his way because we suckered them into leaving their masters.

tops

That was just because Jing doesn't have pressure points to heal him through. Qilin does, and all her job is is throwing spidersilk and tying up Yunzi while we troll.
Troll? These girls have an entire cult guarding them. There is no trolling. This is stealth/fighting. Honestly, read the choices before you write the next chapter in your head: The choice says nothing about trying to save Yunzi!

Last edited by a moderator:

Baltika9

Arcane
If he can beat those fpur when they are not holding back in the slightest, then four apprentices won't really do shit to even the odds.

If he can beat those fpur when they are not holding back in the slightest, then four apprentices won't really do shit to even the odds.
Somehow a small group of kids who couldn't do shit to Yang on their own nuetralized him long enough to escape. T-E-A-M-W-O-R-K. It will work even better here and now as our team happens to consist of some of the best fighters/masters in the land - but only if we fight together.

XenomorphII

Prophet
You do all realize that with A the only way that victory can be had is if Qilin is sacrificed. She is a hostage and if things go badly they will use her to try to stop the fight. If that fails, she will be killed, if it works she will likely be going with this ass and there isn't much we could do about it at that point.

Baltika9

Arcane
Right, except Jing and Qilin were working on that spiderweb routine for a whole month, Gao gained the upper ground with a succesful trap and came prepared as fuck, and YX wasn't really trying to kill us for the first half of the fight.

Ahura will be, and we are not a good formation fighter like the Seven Youths. If anything, we will kust slow the higher-skilled guys down and act as cannon fodder in the best case scenario.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Yeah, Baltika is seriously underestimating teamwork here. The sword saint and and the three masters are going to do the bulk of the fighting, but every attack Jing and the other juniors can make is an attack Ahura has to block. But if we take the juniors away then Ahura will beat the masters and the sword saint. And then who is going to beat him?

C1>A

Baltika9, I think the skill and number of the fighters present more than makes up for the lack of prep time.

In fact, to show my support of teamwork, I am changing my vote to A>C1.
You do all realize that with A the only way that victory can be had is if Qilin is sacrificed. She is a hostage and if things go badly they will use her to try to stop the fight. If that fails, she will be killed, if it works she will likely be going with this ass and there isn't much we could do about it at that point.
We've been over this.

1. Mr Macho probably won't want to stop the fight like that in front of all his followers.
2. This guy is over confident or he wouldn't be taking on 4 very skilled fighters, 3 masters and Jing at once. He probably won't see his loss coming until it's too late.
3. He wants her hot bod, so he probably already gave orders not to kill her and Yunzi won't do it once he's dead, so no worries unless he starts shouting "time out" in the middle of the heated battle, runs over to her and points a gun at her head or some shit.

XenomorphII

Prophet
1: It isn't about him. His subordinates intervened in the duel when he started to slip, it is idiocy to think they wouldn't do the same here (and that was a more formalized duel too, at least from my understanding of it).
2: Maybe, but unless he is killed in a single hit (not the first hit, just eventually in a single hit, I don't think anyone thinks this is going to be easy), his subordinates can still stop us in our tracks.
3: I'm taking this one as a joke.

1: Intervening in a duel isn't the same as killing a hostage he almost certainly gave orders not to kill.
2: We might, but the masters won't stop in their tracks. Not in a battle like that. At that point, killing her does them no good, so it would be 50/50 even IF the point I just made doesn't apply.
3: Whatever gets you off.
4: Yunzi is over there without him interfering. She can probably countermand any order to kill Qilin that doesn't come directly from him or at least delay it long enough for the fight to be over.

Absinthe

Arcane
Yeah, Baltika is seriously underestimating teamwork here. The sword saint and and the three masters are going to do the bulk of the fighting, but every attack Jing and the other juniors can make is an attack Ahura has to block.
Actually, we can't be sure of that. Guo Fu can shrug off most ordinary attacks without any trouble using his neigong. Treave already indicated that just with a strong enough qi, you can outright withstand sword attacks. This man definitely has an extremely powerful qi. It wouldn't be impossible for us to hurt him, but it's quite possible he can shrug off most of our attacks and that we would be a liability rather than assistance, since the masters would have to actively protect us and be unable to take full advantage of the battlefield since they don't want to put us at risk. Ahura on the other hand has no such constraints since everyone here is his enemy. Plus, this man with his weighted composure doesn't seem like he'll fall for Jing's distractions. Not to mention, the dude is too fast for us to follow. How the fuck are we going to find an opening we can use? Or defend ourselves from his shit?

But if we take the juniors away then Ahura will beat the masters and the sword saint. And then who is going to beat him?

C1>A
For all we know if we don't go C2 the Amesha Spenta will assist Ahura again, so we'd need to keep them busy. At any rate, if we manage to rescue Qilin then that would also resolve the hostage situation which is handicapping the eight sects. I'd like to try C1, but we didn't go for the Wudu qinggong upgrade and I believe we would need some crazy speed and master level stealth to succeed at slipping in against these masters. So I'd rather go C2 and hope we've got enough power on our side to keep them at bay.

C2

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom