Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

asxetos

Augur
1. Fire Cult is irrelevant now that their leader is crippled because they cannot carry out their plans.
2. I still think there was/is some kind of brain-washing going on and want to keep Yunzi away from them.
3. After one night in the arms of Man Tiger Pig everything will be fine.

C is probably going to win and i am fine with that though, mainly because of point 1.

Kayerts

Arcane
Baltika9 said:
The Fire Temple of Gushnasp (there's the location)
It's a name. Not a place. :)

At least I think so, unless you can show me 'Gushnasp' on a map.

Adur Gushnasp was one of the three "great fires" of Zoroastrianism, associated with warriors. Whether it's just a mythological fire or if it had an actual temple associated with it is actually the subject of some historical debate, in the real world:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_temple#Legendary_Great_Fires

In Jing's world, it was probably the location of the cult's temple before they decided to go on their Chinese adventure. Presumably the location became associated with the name, similar to how the contemporaneous dudes in Greece call themselves the Romans.

Absinthe

Arcane
Heh, well, if Qilin really is the reincarnation of our/Chi You's love, then not even the Guardian of METAL!* can stand against us, awesome title or no. He has fire, we have thunder and lightning and the power of love.

*I feel like every mention of it must be accompanied by a sweet guitar riff, and a clap of thunder.
No, that would be Yunzi, I reckon. Did you forget this stunt?
The prince laughs. “Yet you get much the same scores as I do. I was just reading in about the traditions of the Ashina. Very interesting people. Do you remember the meaning of stepping onto her horse?”

“Do you have to remind me about that?” you grumble, your bladder pounding. But he was still your prince and best friend, and you would sit here and listen to him finish even if it meant pissing blood. “It was just some way to say ‘I love you’ in Tujue style, right?”

“It’s like declaring a personal pledge to stay together for eternity, Jing. It’s promising the stars and the moon for their love. The nomads may have many quirks, but hyperbole in their romantic life is not one of them. That is why it is very, very rarely attempted, and only when a person is truly serious.”

I'm still staunchly in favor of C. The Fire Cult is pretty much crippled now, so I don't see the point in antagonizing Yunzi by voting C. Also, if she stays with us, we'll have a lot of trouble from the orthodox crowds. We haven't been the kind to force her yet, and I'd rather not start now. She seems more likely to return of her own accord if she knows she can trust us.

asxetos

Augur
It is most probably going to be a verbal face off. There is no way that the sects are going to attack us, especially with any survivng sect heads, Sword Saint and Qilin on our side.
Qilin alone can stare down any offensive thoughts the sects might have.

Esquilax

Arcane
We're really fucking going with A? We're going to keep Yunzi captive, even though she saved Jing's life from Xsaora Vairya and the Fire Cult has been broken just because we're upset that she hasn't told us everything about them? Why does she owe us? A vote for A is an anti-harem move, and it is more homoerotic than not going through with Operation Maiden Capture? Lambchop19, please stand with me against the LIBRUL forces of faggotry here.

I know that the Fire Cult isn't exactly good for China, but denying them the leadership that someone like Yunzi would provide to put her at the mercy of the orthodox sects that hate both of us is just shameful faggotry. Look at how desperate she is:

“Let me go,” whispers Yunzi angrily, still in Qilin’s grasp. “I need to help them. Please!” You suddenly realize that having her with you, in the middle of the orthodox sects, might not be a good idea.

We would throw her at their mercy... for what? What could be the possible benefit here? We've come out of this ordeal in one piece, attempting to keep her here is both petty and would condemn all the downtrodden people in the Fire Cult - remember, it seems like most of them are refugees, not badass martial artists like Ahura or his Amesha Spenta - and we would be doing so out of pettiness and a desire to get information that we could easily ask her about later. Why force her into this predicament? It's just so fucking unnecessary.

This group is done, they are no longer a threat. Superman Ahura Mazda is now Christopher Reeve and half their Amesha Spenta are lost. Yunzi clearly has some loyalty to this group of people, even if she doesn't care for their leadership, why are we holding her back?

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
Heck, with Ahura down for the count, Yunzi might even take over the Fire Cult. That's really not a bad deal for us. Those of you voting A are also neglecting the shitstorm that would follow for having the holy maiden among us and that Yunzi isn't the kind to take well to being restrained. Not to mention, we don't exactly have the strength to keep her here. This is definitely going to cost Yunzi points.

A>C

I'm going to trust the Grand Taoist on this one.
The Grand Taoist didn't have a special reason to move her like that. He only had to move Yunzi with us because Qilin has her in her grasp.
Since Qilin was being held, moving her would have meant moving Vairya right into the middle of the orthodox camp.

Random Word

Arbiter
MCA Project: Eternity
C We aren't Ahura Mazda. We don't build our harem with kidnappings, they come to us. C is the only choice for a :obviously: gentleman like Xu Jing.

Tigranes

Arcane
OK, now I'm here.

Thinking it through I'm actually more inclined to B, but that's clearly not going to win now. My main worry in C is that it's generally reasonable, but I don't believe Yunzi will have much of an influence in the Fire Cult. Either Ahura will be cast out, and one of the lieutenants will take his place, or Ahura will maintain his leadership, and will just become twisted and resentful, determined to rid Yunzi of the 'bad tendency'. Everything we've seen suggests her role is symbolic and predicated on her becoming the foil for the faggot's broomstick in the future, rather than being respected politically in her own right with the 'legal' capacity to take over. She may still pull it off, but I just am not confident C will keep Yunzi safe.

Of course, A has its share of worrisome consequences, including the possibility we cannot keep Yunzi safe from the Sects. I'll abstain for now.

Absinthe

Arcane
Tigranes, Ahura is pretty much paralyzed. There are two main ways I see this going:
  1. Yunzi pretty much controls the Fire Cult (she already has authority over all the Amesha Spenta).
  2. Yunzi gets marginalized, in which case she has an incentive to come with us.
Either way works for us. As for Ahura, he's in no position to enjoy himself with women anymore.

Last edited:

profreshinal

Arcane
As I see it she is Qilin's prisoner and Nie Wuxing is head of sects here and he knows who Qilin is. I have dificulty estimating if he'd go against Qilin and steal a prisoner from her like that.

Absinthe

Arcane
He's not the only one there, and Nie Wuxing has no vested interest in protecting Yunzi, only Qilin. And he doesn't seem to like Qilin enough to respect her wishes. If I'm reading it right, his wife is Qilin's mother.
:lol: So A is placing Yunzi at the sects' mercy with Xu Jing as her lawyer, basically?
Pretty much. I figured that was obvious. We can't really outfight them, so unless we let Yunzi go to the Fire Cult now, we have to hope we can basically smooth-talk the sects into letting her be, and the remaining sects rather dislike us and Yunzi. Only Song Linshu would vouch for us at the moment. The elder heads are incapacitated. The Sword Saint seems like he would abstain.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom