Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
They do not intend to win any tournaments or titles, though. Why would they dedicate themselves to the martial arts to the same extent that we do?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Now I'm mildly disappointed we didn't let them go home and train up their own martial arts. I understand that they'd rather be around their husband, but I feel bad if they're hamstringing their own development as martial artists for his sake.
We'll give them training enough. All day and night if need be.

Tribute

Arbiter
Mostly just that "achieve the maximum level of excellence in whatever your kung fu is" (which would ostensibly be poisonin' for Qilin and doctorin' for Cao'er) is kind of assumed as a primary goal of anyone in the jianghu. I probably should not have specifically used the word martial arts, as they're less straight-up fighty than Jing is, yes.

Nevill

Arcane
Well, Qilin is already called 'a princess of poisons', and Cao'er is second only to Yao when it comes to healing.

I don't think there is any competition for them in their field.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Yep. You don't need to worry about the girls' growth. It'll become more apparent as the updates come.

Maybe we should have a child raising LP...

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yep. You don't need to worry about the girls' growth. It'll become more apparent as the updates come.

All the DISCUSS! it'll raise will be interesting, to be sure.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin

Please, please offer an opportunity to attain ultimate power in exchange for sacrificing/eating the child.

Alas, I'll be the only one to vote for it. :(

Tribute

Arbiter
There is no need to start a separate LP for that. :P
You know people want little Jing to become a reality. ;)
I think Jing is sane enough to realize he's currently in no position to be anything resembling a responsible and effective father. It'll probably be a while before he has kids.

Nevill

Arcane
I think Jing is sane enough to realize he's currently in no position to be anything resembling a responsible and effective father. It'll probably be a while before he has kids.
Pffft. What is even there to do for him after he single-handedly drowns the Tufan Empire in blood, puts Xaora Vairya on their throne, grabs Yunzi and kicks Wuxung ass at the Huashan Summit? A year should suffice. Might as well start working on that kid now.

And when Jing is not around due to conquering and restoring the Roman Empire or murdering rivaling khans, we can leave our junior with Uncle Zhang. I've heard he is great with kids.

P.S. Now I am kind of curious if Yunzi was able to achieve the same level of progress under Vairya that we did under Zhang. Our masters were said to be equals in power. Our next match will surely be interesting to behold.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Jing is sane, true enough. The thirty odd people making his decisions for him though......

Nevill

Arcane
You are right. One should plan carefully for this stuff.

Let's see, Jing was born in the year of the Tiger, and he is 19, so now is the year of the Rooster. Not really ideal. We should wait for a few months until we are certain the kid will be born in the year of the Dog. Perception +3, Agility +2, Luck -2 - this build would be perfect for Yuhe Finger!

Which year is better to have a kid and why! Let the DISCUSS commence! :P

Elfberserker

Liturgist
You are right. One should plan carefully for this stuff.

Let's see, Jing was born in the year of the Tiger, and he is 19, so now is the year of the Rooster. Not really ideal. We should wait for a few months until we are certain the kid will be born in the year of the Dog. Perception +3, Agility +2, Luck -2 - this build would be perfect for Yuhe Finger!

Which year is better to have a kid and why! Let the DISCUSS commence! :P

I don't know man. That charisma and luck boost increases chances to someday have grand kids and it does have small perception and agility boost

Rooster – (Perception +1, Charisma +2, Agility +1, Luck +1, Strength -2)

Jester

Arbiter
Hmm sound like discussion for horse breading.... my god, horses attack again. They plan to control growth of Jings linage to achieve perfect soldier for their world domination plan. Shun must be warned.

Being a CONTRARIAN

Don't make me invoke the C word!

thread is about dongs again

If you think about it...

We know that the basic drive of humans is to survive and to reproduce. To reproduce one needs dongs. Reproduction allows the growth of the people which allow for further survival and reproduction. People marry and know each other to further survival or reproduction. Sometimes, we have to fight people wanting to take our dong, like Ahura who is now quadraplegic. Masters train their disciples as way to replicate their knowlodge to the future, thus preserving their dongs-by-proxy in the future. Dongs are fragile so one needs more dongs to enter the common interest of dong-preserving against mean foreign dongs that want to impregnate our local wimminz.

Therefore: This topic, and all other topics, ever, are about dongs. In all time. Forever.

I think we should go learn more about the Fire Cult first, we barely know about these folks beyond that they're a zoroastrian cult and shit. We don't know what Yunzi went to do there in Turfan domains, we don't know anything about Turfan domains, we have no friends in Turfan domains. These guys like us a bit (Xyaosarya Varya thinks we're a bro, Yunzi is tsundere, Ahura is too much a cripple to give a shit to), and if they want to get rid of the Turfag and get a ticket into the Tang Empire, their best bet is Jing.

Nevill

Arcane
We don't know what Yunzi went to do there in Turfan domains, we don't know anything about Turfan domains, we have no friends in Turfan domains. These guys like us a bit (Xyaosarya Varya thinks we're a bro, Yunzi is tsundere, Ahura is too much a cripple to give a shit to), and if they want to get rid of the Turfag and get a ticket into the Tang Empire, their best bet is Jing.
We have Yunzi in Tufan domains, so that's where we are going. Ultimately, our business here is with these two - with our girl, and with their prince, who has his eyes set on our land.

Besides, she invited us to the Fire Cult to show us around, and I would rather not start without her.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
treave, I have some questions.

Mount Huehue Summit.
How does the whole thing go? Organized matches, or basically a free-for-all where anything goes?
Is it an open tournament or is it by invitation?
Is it a one-on-one duel thing, or are things like group fights allowed? If, say, Taishan decides to call us out to fight their formation, are we allowed to bring our buddies in?
What kinds of tricks are and aren't allowed? Say, for instance, we want to poison our sword, or use the Fire Medicine in battle.
What about potions and stimulants? I can see guys from Kunlun and other alchemist types using performance-enhancing potions for their fights (of course, pure speculation).
You said that our qi leeching is a forbidden technique, but are those allowed in the Summit?
Did the "Wang beats down the other four Greats at the same time" episode happen at the last summit?

Skills.
I'm kinda unclear with the practical applications of the Drinking skill: yeah, you can drink more before you black out and someone writes "douche" on your forehead with perma-ink, but what are the practical applications in the jianghu? I guess most of us see it as a dump-stat, what the fuck are we ever going to use it for?
Scholarly Knowledge: I remember only one thing it did for us in the whole LP so far, and that is inspire the idea for the Emperor's kidnapping. You said Jing is interested in the government and warfare aspect of it, so could further development of it help us directly in fights? Like applying The Art of War in how we fight, setting up baits within baits and lures within lures, etc? Or is it too late to make ourselves a tactikool fighter?

This is a meta question, but what happened to Rong Muben? Will we ever see the old guy again, or did we basically just break his spirit after we killed his son and demolished his best students like they were nothing?
Besides, no fucking way are we going to let Bai Jiutian claim the title of Central Great by staying that long.
:lol:
Anyone who wants to prove themselves as the Central Great will have to go through Lord Zhang Jue first. I don't think BJ, or us for that matter, will be getting it any time soon.

Nevill

Arcane
Scholarly Knowledge: I remember only one thing it did for us in the whole LP so far, and that is inspire the idea for the Emperor's kidnapping.
I would assume that being able to recognize Tufan as a threat and sending a message to Shun was one such application.
We might see another as we venture deeper into Tufan territory.

But yeah, honestly, it doesn't see much use. Shame on you for putting it before Artistic skill. Shame on you!

Baltika9

Arcane
But yeah, honestly, it doesn't see much use. Shame on you for putting it before Artistic skill. Shame on you!
It inspired Jing with the idea for the Disappearance of the Golden Emperor. I regret nothing.
Edit: and it's not like Artistic Skill ever did anything for us either. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom