Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Rex Feral

Prophet
Guys, at the end if we win, as long as we have maintained our anonymity, we could just run for it. That would be a troll.

Baltika9

Arcane
Anyone who does not want to fight as Man Tiger Pig is being a gigantic faggot. We just trained for 2 years and this LP is almost over. Let's kick some ass and take some names already.

And who is saying we have to marry? We're already a scoundrel. Let's just ditch if we don't want to marry her.
treave already confirmed that we're going past the Huashan Summit, so no, we're not done yet. :lol: And, yeah, continuing the LP with a conquest of the Turfan Kingdom->Tibetan Emprie is a pretty good hook. If we're entering this tournament, we are going for the princess' hand (she's a pretty lady, Jing can't resist those), no way can we delude ourselves about it guys. Barring, of course, some unexpected things, like massive Yunzi points if we purposely forfeit, or Murong Yandi showing up and being surprise in love with the princess.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Geez, once again the Codex succumbs to woman fear:
:codexisfor:
I suppose you'd all be happier if Qilin and that crazy nun keep shoving dildos up Jings ass on their own.

You know, usually the whole point of a harem route is that in the end you marry all of them, but I digress. :deathofaharembycodexfaggotry:

As Rex said, if we enter anon, we can ditch before they force us to marry her at gunpoint or whatever.

Baltika9

Arcane
You know, usually the whole point of a harem route is that in the end you marry all of them, but I digress.
Exactly. :lol:
We are not forfeiting if we make it to the finals, nor are we running off before we get hitched. Just not happening, because harem (hell, I personally agree with this, if we go in the tournament then we go in for the prize). Not that there's anything wrong with that, just that we really ought to be honest with ourselves and about where this shit will lead us.

Tribute

Arbiter
I think most of the arguing against comes from A) it being stated in the update that Jing isn't interested in this princess and B) we don't want to be politically tied to this kingdom.

Entering anonymously and then having her stuck marrying some complete mystery man would be fairly funny, I suppose.

We'd just have to wear three layers of masks (hopefully not a man, a tiger, or a pig) and not use any of our "this is definitely Xu Jing" moves. Shouwang Claws would probably be a dead giveaway, for example.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The invitation is in the form of a card with a name, but security isn't high here. Who would try something with all these powerful martial arts experts around?

Votes are counted separately, but I'll count all A1,2,3 votes together as one bloc for this particular update.

Baltika9

Arcane
treave, I'm a little confused on the exhibition match: if we register for the tournament, are we invited only to the celebration feat and still need to steal an invitation for the exhibition? Or does signing up give us an invitation to the exhibition as well?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The exhibition match occurs at the celebration. If you want to participate in the match (in other words, troll), you do something bad to someone else. No way around it. If you just want to watch, B will do.

Baltika9

Arcane
treave, another question: say we win the tournament and get married to the princess, what are our responsibilities, what kind of bonuses can we expect from it, how soon is the ceremony and what is the Tibetan view of polygamy?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You'll probably be appointed a minister or general, ceremony is soon and they're okay with polygamy but no way in hell Jing is going to make her his main wife over Qilin so you have a bit of a problem there.

Baltika9

Arcane
You'll probably be appointed a minister or general, ceremony is soon and they're okay with polygamy but no way in hell Jing is going to make her his main wife over Qilin so you're at an impasse there.
My concern is Yunzi. Will she forgive this, are our chances blown with her if we win and marry a Turfan princess? So many questions, so much fear.
I don't want to lose her, man. We pined after her for so, so long.
:negative::negative::negative:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
If you're that concerned about Yunzi, probably best to do something that reduces the chances of miscommunication? This isn't exactly rocket science.

Fangshi

Arcane
Baltika9 said:
My concern is Yunzi. Will she forgive this, are our chacnes blown with her if we win and marry a Turfan princess? So many questions, so much fear.
I don't want to lose her, man. We pined after her for so, so long.

My concern is Zhang, Will he forgive this, are our chances of joining his family blown if we let his niece get away? So many questions, so much fear.
I don't want to lose him, man. We pined after him for so, so long.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Not really a hint, it's possible she doesn't misunderstand at all no matter what you do since she knows your trolling ways.:lol:

Baltika9

Arcane
So there will be no way to disentangle ourselves from the Turfan Court for a while after we receive a post. Say, a year to settle the Huehue affairs?
I'm down with overtaking the kingdom and building the Tibetan Empire, but it's too early right now.

Baltika9

Arcane
I thought we were building a Khanate?
Gotta start somewhere. Yunzi isn't leaving the Cult anytime soon, and we kinda need her to rebuild the Ashina. Becoming King of Turfan/Emperor of Tibet will be a good first step to uniting her people.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
So let me get this straight. Basically, you guys vote B, because you don't want to marry a princess and that we won't be given a choice to drop out? Yet we have no quarantee that we will win (eight sect aren't the only participant here), we don't know a thing about the princess (could be bad, could be better than Yunzi, Cao'er and Qilin combined), and even if we might win, we can always throw the towel or skip town before the wedding.

We might miss something if we are competing, but we might just as well learn something from it that we might otherwise miss. Shun already has better spies than Jing scouring the town for useful information, but he won't have anyone participating in the tournament, so why not have Jing participate?

What is it that you guys are afraid of?

Baltika9

Arcane
What is it that you guys are afraid of?
BAAAAAW, YUNZI WON'T LOVE US ANYMORE! BAAAAW!

But seriously, the effort and loss of opportunities isn't worth it. Yeah, if we go in, we go in for the win (otherwise, what's the point of going in the first place) and with our level of martial arts, our chances of losing are pretty slim (Unarmed 8+Shouwang claws is GOD). Victory will bring with it a lot of responsibilities, a government office, a royal marriage and a position in court. Not something we can juggle around with our goals in the jianghu easily.

I'm of the opinion that the tournament just isn't worth the effort, when we can just chill with Yunzi and see what we can dig up otherwise in this place. I mean, what the hell are we aiming to gain by participating that we cannot gain elsewhere?

Tribute

Arbiter
From what I can tell the main reasons for participating are "because it's there", and "so we can add the princess to out harem".

Baltika9

Arcane
From what I can tell the main reasons for participating are "because it's there", and "so we can add the princess to out harem".
Yeah, pretty much. Orthodox sects we can fight just as easily when we visit their monasteries on our road trip through China (with our public rep, pretty much every one of them will want a piece of us), Turfans are under investigation by Shun and his guys, and we can have Cao'er and ourselves observe them during the fights (again, we are at that level where we can understand their techniques and their principles by observation; although of course we will learn better if we fight them directly).

Free time with Yunzi away from the Ahuras' presence, however, can happen here and only here. Screw the Turfags, go for our real Mongolian Princess.
:love:

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Sure, Yunzi can stand to be third wife but not the fourth. What opportunities are we losing if we participate? We came here because of the competition and because of Yunzi. Now you are saying you don't want to check out the competition in the best way possible, by taking part in it.

Point of participating is that we keep our options open. We might wish we had taken part when we talk to Yunzi or when we meet the princess. By then it will be too late. We lose absolutely nothing if enter under fake name and wearing a mask.

And again, we might not even win. We have no idea how powerful the fighters around here are.

How about keeping our options open?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom