Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
But seriously, the effort and loss of opportunities isn't worth it. Yeah, if we go in, we go in for the win (otherwise, what's the point of going in the first place) and with our level of martial arts, our chances of losing are pretty slim (Unarmed 8+Shouwang claws is GOD). Victory will bring with it a lot of responsibilities, a government office, a royal marriage and a position in court. Not something we can juggle around with our goals in the jianghu easily.

I'm of the opinion that the tournament just isn't worth the effort, when we can just chill with Yunzi and see what we can dig up otherwise in this place. I mean, what the hell are we aiming to gain by participating that we cannot gain elsewhere?
And how about talking about the opportunities that the choices actually offer, and not your projections of what you think they are?

Right now the choice is between signing up for fights, and chilling with hobos or running around town sniffing for rumors in broken Han and playing a spy with a totally inconspicuous eyepatch.

If an opportunity to 'chill with Yunzi' presents itself, and it will promise a chance to go for something greater, you might step out of the tournament without even showing up, provided that you don't register under your actual name. In fact, you can go about your business in any point in time, if you find something more interesting to do. But there isn't anything yet.

So don't make it 'Yunzi vs princess', when right now it is 'hobos vs a fight'.

Baltika9

Arcane
Anyway for the second choice I'll flop to A1 - wear a pig mask >C. Man Tiger Pig rises again. Mostly because it'd be hilarious. I'm really not all that invested in which A choice win as long as we troll (but hey as long as we're trollin' might as well go all the way? So.) Also I want to test our skills against the Prince. That should be more than enough for skill-testing, and then we can go snooping around if we're not busy being tied down by the tournament.
I'd say 2C is more important in the context of Yunzi: we get to talk to her in a private setting (more or less, with Vahista around) and see what's what, maybe we can help her with something regardless of whether or not we're participating. Plus, it's pretty damn romantic, sneaking into her bedchambers at night. Totally worth it.

Anabanana

Augur
Hmm, would her bodyguards take kindly to us meeting her for a private rendezvous though? Also, sneaking through the palace at night seems a little... well, easy for people to misunderstand our intentions. That said, I won't mind if C wins at all. Just not going to flop to it, because I think trollin' will be more fun. I even think I'd go for B over C, just because I want to see the exhibition matches and find out more stuff about Tufan fighters.

Baltika9

Arcane
Hmm, would her bodyguards take kindly to us meeting her for a private rendezvous though? Also, sneaking through the palace at night seems a little... well, easy for people to misunderstand our intentions.
Nah, treave said that security around the place is lax:
Meh, 7 Stealth and spiderwebs should be good enough. treave did mention that security around here is lax, I'm pretty sure that C guarantees us a meeting.
The invitation is in the form of a card with a name, but security isn't high here. Who would try something with all these powerful martial arts experts around?
So the guys we really need to worry about are only her Ameshas. And even then, they know us, we're on friendly terms with the Cult and they won't do anything Yunzi doesn't tell them to.
I just think that C is the best option in terms of our relationship with Yunzi: we both get to have a d'aww moment and we get to actually talk to her and see what's up and if maybe we can help. Better than A, I'd say.

Nevill

Arcane
So the guys we really need to worry about are only her Ameshas. And even then, they know us, we're on friendly terms with the Cult and they won't do anything Yunzi doesn't tell them to.
It's more like they will do something, and won't stop until Yunzi tells them to.

Would be fun if our fight attracts the whole palace. Also, so much for private conversation. But hey! Not complaining.

I also doubt she will accept our offer of help, because of this:
“No!” interrupts Yunzi sharply, her eyes flashing with anger. “You forget who I am. I have no love for your Emperor or your country. Or for you.”
Not with Amesha Spentas present.

Last edited:

Fangshi

Arcane
Well if her bodyguards do attack us I see it as a positive thing. Everyone is saying we should test Jing, well we know that the Amesha Spentas are a true challenge.

If we beat them we know we have improved. If Yunzi calls them off then we get a private conversation.

If it attracts a crowd, well we can always declare out undying love for her... :troll:

I see no outcome that is not a win for us with C.

Nevill

Arcane
Fangshi said:
If Yunzi calls them off then we get a private conversation.
Fat chance Vahista or anyone else will leave their Holy Maiden alone with a pervert who confused her to the extent their God had to intervene.

Fat chance Yunzi will snap out of her commanding persona while others are present.

But hey, at least we will get a fight! :P

Anabanana

Augur
Goddamn we should've taken arts with Zhang Jue; see, now we can't even recite a appropriately romantic poem to Yunzi under her balcony even if we want to.

(Still more interested in seeing the exhibition matches though lol)

Nevill

Arcane
Goddamn we should've taken arts with Zhang Jue; see, now we can't even recite a appropriately romantic poem to Yunzi under her balcony even if we want to.
Don't worry, Vahista will give you pointers, and the second Amesh Spenta can serve as a prompter.

Baltika9

Arcane
Why balcony when we can go straight for the bedroom? Have Qilin And Cao'er on guard to intercept any meddling Ameshas while we have our chat (yeah, chat) and no poems needed.

Fuck those exhibition matches, if we're going to participate, we'll be fighting all these guys anyway. Yunzi is more important.

Fangshi

Arcane
Nevill said:
Fat chance Vahista or anyone else will leave their Holy Maiden alone with a pervert who confused her to the extend their God had to intervene.

Well if they are in her bedroom they are probably female for the sake of decorum in which case we get a threesome or foursome... so bonus (though we should probably borrow some of Cao'er's tools). ;)

Fat chance Yunzi will snap out of her commanding persona while others are present.

Then she can command them to leave. They either follow her or they don't. She is their leader if she tells them to leave, they leave. Simple enough.

But hey, at least we will get a fight!

You have been arguing in favour of fighting a bunch of no name Tibetans, at least this will be a real challenge for Jing. :lol:

Again, absolutely no downside.

On another note if we go in with a alias it should be something like Nameless or Shameless so put my vote down for Shameless if we need a name.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Why balcony when we can go straight for the bedroom? Have Qilin And Cao'er on guard to intercept any meddling Ameshas while we have our chat (yeah, chat) and no poems needed.
Because they fared so well last time.

Fuck those exhibition matches, if we're going to participate, we'll be fighting all these guys anyway.
No we won't. They are not participating.
Unless you are saying that you are going to fight the prince after you are done with the tournament. Hmmm...

Then she can command them to leave. They either follow her or they don't. She is their leader if she tells them to leave, they leave. Simple enough.
Because Yunzi wants to give everyone the impression she prefers to be left alone with us. Right. :D

You have been arguing in favour of fighting a bunch of no name Tibetans
NO U. The real challenge will be there. Just you wait until they bring out their own equivalent of Vairya/Zhang.

Baltika9

Arcane
Because they fared so well last time.
Rob Halford is in another league. They can take the other two by surprise if the need arises, but we there to talk. I see no reason why Yunzi wouldn't afford us the courtesy, we are on good terms with her and the faction.

Nevill

Arcane
Rob Halford is in another league.
Last I've heard, he was in the same tier with Vahista. Maybe a bit above him.
Tier Two
Zhang Jue (?), Sword Saint (?), Qi Liuwu, Tulu Huodu, Vairya
Vahista
And Cao'er didn't take him by surprise when she had the perfect chance.

I see no reason why Yunzi wouldn't afford us the courtesy
The courtesy of being alone with her in her bedroom? Hmmm... I don't see either. That stubborn girl! :lol:

Baltika9

Arcane
Look, all I'm saying is that 2C will give us a talk with Yunzi and a chance to help her out, and see what's what. Since we came here largely for her, I think we'd better capitalize on this chance amd increase our relationship with her.

The Turfan Prince isn't really a priority for us (unless his eyes are on Yunzi, then he's dead), we'll fight the pugilists in the tournament, but we've been putting Yunzi low on our list of priorities for a while now. I think 2C is the way to go for Yunzi.

Nevill

Arcane
The Turfan Prince isn't really a priority for us (unless his eyes are on Yunzi, then he's dead), we'll fight the pugilists in the tournament, but we've been putting Yunzi low on our list of priorities for a while now. I think 2C is the way to go for Yunzi.
I think Jing is dead set on Yunzi and you are overdramatizing. All of the choices except 2B mention her. Besides,
A. Find a way to get into the exhibition match; Cao’er and Qilin should be able to whip up something that leaves a participant incapacitated, allowing you to sneakily take his place. It’ll be a good surprise for Yunzi.
Things like these are much more up Jing's alley. Surprise!

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
So if I'm not mistaken with the numerous flops, the current leading options are:

Join the tournament, register with another pseudonym,

and

Crash the exhibition match, use a pig's mask (tied with) use any other disguise that is not a pig's mask.

Nevill

Arcane
If I flop to 2A2, it'll have a lead with 7 votes (after flops). So let's do it.

A2A2 > A2C

Last edited:

Anabanana

Augur
It's tied? Mmkay I'll flop to A2 Shameless then. It'll be a fun callback.

What's the pseudonym people are going to be using for the tournament?

Nevill

Arcane
It's tied? Mmkay I'll flop to A2 Shameless then. It'll be a fun callback.

What's the pseudonym people are going to be using for the tournament?
This is a pseudonym for the tournament. We go for the exhibition matches under someone else's identity.

I knew you would see the light and participate, Anabanana. :hug: :lol::lol::lol:

Baltika9

Arcane
Wait, why are we going for the exhibition under a pseudonym if we want to surprise Yunzi and have her come to us? Wouldn't A3 be better?

Esquilax

Arcane
We're going to talk to Yunzi, Amesha Spenta or no Amesha Spenta. She may not recognize us if we're disguised in a mask, and furthermore, going into an exhibition match against the Tufan Prince without being willing to show our own face sttrikes me as somewhat insulting. I mean, you're here for my sister, yet we can't see what you look like? And, I'd really like to catch up with her one-on-one before the tournament begins, since it seems to be winning.

The problem with coming into the competition itself under a pseudonym means that we can't alert some of our friends that Xu Jing is around. Shun has had his eye on the Tufan Kingdoms for the past two years, he must have some agents, perhaps Gao Ying in the area. If the name "Xu Jing" is on the registration, that will be a signal to his men that we are around and that we can get access to certain places as a competitor that they can't. They will be able to approach us far easier this way. The Eight Sects won't like it, but the orthodox fighters that have decided to come to this competition suck; the real stiff competition is going to be from the locals.

Flopping to BC > A3C, flopped my original vote.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom