Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Kipeci

Arcane
Well, I'm feeling awfully easy to sway right now. Esquilax convinced me that wailing on the guy, as satisfying as it might be, would probably not get us anywhere good. If he's ever in a position to screw us over (which, given his family connections, he very well might) he'd probably go ahead with it. No use wasting time with this joker, let's go straight after Yunzi. If we're lucky (heh) one of the other contestants will go after him in his current urine-soaked state while we're going against Yunzi.

edit: Hold up, what's this A3 option? That's something to consider, possibly... I think I can resist the urge to go after as much cock as possible instead of Yunzi right now, though.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
We should probably get the truth from Xiaofang before we think about that, though.
I'd settle for after.

Kipeci said:
No use wasting time with this joker, let's go straight after Yunzi. If we're lucky (heh) one of the other contestants will go after him in his current urine-soaked state while we're going against Yunzi.
He will go for a backstap if he can't take us in a fair fight.
Hell, the girl will go for it, too, since her line of work demands it.

Not eliminating them is stupid.

Kipeci said:
edit: Hold up, what's this A3 option? That's something to consider, possibly... I think I can resist the urge to go after as much cock as possible instead of Yunzi right now, though.
Yunzi will join automatically.

Baltika9

Arcane
Okay, so you're confident Xuxian will win without being maimed or anything first. Which option were you suggesting, then? B? I would think if anything we should keep an eye on both of them and then smack down the winner while he's still tired/distracted to make sure Wuni wins, rather than distracting ourselves by starting up a duel with Yunzi in the middle of the fight.
Treave confirmed that Xuxian is the strongest fighter here by Jing's estimates. Barring outside interference, he will defeat Little Tiger. I can also go for A3 and aim to take both of them out if the fight.

Tribute

Arbiter
I'd settle for after.
After we have Zhang poisoned?

Okay, so you're confident Xuxian will win without being maimed or anything first. Which option were you suggesting, then? B? I would think if anything we should keep an eye on both of them and then smack down the winner while he's still tired/distracted to make sure Wuni wins, rather than distracting ourselves by starting up a duel with Yunzi in the middle of the fight.
Treave confirmed that Xuxian is the strongest fighter here by Jing's estimates. Barring outside interference, he will defeat Little Tiger. I can also go for A3 and aim to take both of them out if the fight.
I do think he'll win, I was just trying to make sure he doesn't lose any limbs or anything first.

It's probable that his iron body skill is enough that the axes aren't an issue, though, yeah.

Nevill

Arcane
Then you will have Yunzi and the stage all to yourself.
I bet it will end up with both of you flying out of the ring in a tight embrace.

Tribute

Arbiter
Hell, the girl will go for it, too, since her line of work demands it.
That and so far Jing's reaction to seeing shifty people who then claim to be looking for Shun is "fuck this guy, I'll apologize to Shun later if it turns out I actually screwed something up for him". Remember Gao Ying.

Then you will have Yunzi and the stage all to yourself.
I bet it will end up with both of you flying out of the ring in a tight embrace.
Technically that would leave the stage to Wuni. Jing and Yunzi walking off the stage to have their duel and leaving the princess to Wuni might be appropriate, though.

The question is how badly does she want to bring the princess in to the Fire Cult, and does she want it more badly than she wants her rematch.

I think we should go A3 or something, if only to keep both ourselves and Yunzi in the game until there's no-one else but Wuni.

Baltika9

Arcane
Yeah, makes sense. Yunzi and Jing can fight for the princess' future after they clear out the competition. Flopping to A2 A3.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Tribute said:
The question is how badly does she want to bring the princess in to the Fire Cult, and does she want it more badly than she wants her rematch.
She wants it because she probably knows about her deal, and because she thinks we are gunning for her. It's a tease of sorts.

Tribute said:
I think we should go A3 or something, if only to keep both ourselves and Yunzi in the game until there's no-one else but Wuni.
This is what I am aiming for.

Fangshi

Arcane
A2 for the first choice. I see no reason not to continue with our plan. Sure Shun may be pissed but I see no point in tailoring everything we do to what Shun wants (and that poor girl to be stuck with zhang...). He will just have to come up with something else.

For the second choice A2 strikes me as the smart choice, A3 as the fun choice and B as the harem choice. Fighting Yunzi will take a lot out of us and may take time. I think the monk will beat the little tiger if we just let them fight but then he will probably go after Wuni and I want the guy to win this. I suppose there may be cause for concern if we do not immediately fight Yunzi. She may decide to help by attacking Wuni and knock him out which would be a shame.

Ah well, hopefully we get rid of the monk and the tiger, then we can both disqualify ourselves and leave the princess to Wuni...

A2 A3

Kipeci

Arcane
The match between the bandit and the monk doesn't seem like the sort that would leave either side unscathed. Wuni is a fairly competent fighter in his own right, though not at our level, and there are currently only six fighters left besides us; there's the monk and the bandit, locked in a struggle; there's Zhang and his girl, with him busy shitting his pants in terror and the girl under our foot, and finally there's Yunzi and the prince, though it seems like the prince is getting crushed. If we leave right off to deal with Yunzi, Wuni can throw Zhang and his servant out of the ring while the other two weaken each other, while Jing can have his fight with Yunzi.

Remember, bros: Jing's true love ranks over Wuni's, yes?

Nevill

Arcane
Fangshi said:
She may decide to help by attacking Wuni and knock him out which would be a shame.
She'll go where we will be. That's what the choice implies.

Kipeci said:
If we leave right off to deal with Yunzi, Wuni can throw Zhang and his servant out of the ring while the other two weaken each other, while Jing can have his fight with Yunzi.
Why would we leave to Wuni what we can finish ourselves? And leave our backs exposed while doing that?

Makes no sense.

Kipeci said:
Remember, bros: Jing's true love ranks over Wuni's, yes?
Sure. Except we decided to help Wuni to earn Yunzi points, and there is no reason not to accomplish both.

Kipeci

Arcane
Attacking a psychotic guy swinging around axes who just split a guy in half along with another dude at the same time seems highly likely to result in some sort of injury to hinder our first priority in facing against Yunzi (you know, the entire reason we came here?) so I can't condone it. Whoever walks out of that battle is going to be in a bad state, an ideal time for Wuni to stroll in and attack. Besides, he needs to actually showcase some strength in this tournament, yes? Let him fight for his love while we fight for ours, we shouldn't do his fight all for him and thereby become unable to do ours properly.

Tribute

Arbiter
We could just let those two duke it out, but the option that allows for that involves fighting with Yunzi, and who knows what'll happen to Wuni in the meantime.

Kipeci

Arcane
We could just let those two duke it out, but the option that allows for that involves fighting with Yunzi, and who knows what'll happen to Wuni in the meantime.
Precisely it involves fighting with her, yeah. That's why I want the option that lets them duke it out, we fight for our true love and he fights for his.

As to what happens to him in the meantime, the prince is being destroyed against Yunzi and will probably be out by the time we show up on that side (or if not before then very shortly after), and the bandit and the monk will keep on fighting by themselves. The only other foes left in the match are Zhang, busy shitting his pants right now and in a horrible state to do any fighting, and his servant, who's under our boot. Even if we don't vote to kill him, I'm pretty confident that Wuni could take that punk, and the servant wouldn't be able to pull off a proper backstabbing; Wuni has excellent perception and speed by this point. So he could take out those guys (this is why I would prefer just leaving off from them in order to not piss off Shun just in case he is actually supporting them) while the bandit and the monk exhaust themselves by fighting each other.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
A2 A3

Both Bandit and the monk are dangerous enemies in their own way. The monk seems most powerful guy in the arena, but we don't know how much actual death-or-alive battles he has fought. Bandit is clearly physical powerhouse and is used to these kinds of situations and loves it, not to mention the guy is unpredictable as fuck in fight.

It seems that Yunzi goes where we will be and this would turn into nice four way fight and leave Wuni in nice position to make the difference where it matters Hopefully so that Jing and Yunzi are still alive after this fights.

I am still undecided about Zhang guy, but by the gods I already hate him.

Fangshi

Arcane
treave said:
Prince Tenzin is slumped against one of the stands outside the stage, battered, dazed, and tended to by half a dozen guards.

Sounds like she is done with the Prince if he is out of the ring and being tended to by his cronies. I would say she is free to attack whoever she wants right now, though it does sound like she will go where we go. But who really knows with that girl. :lol:

I don't think she will do anything to Jing until they can start their actual match since she would want a fair, straight-up fight or what would be the point? If the two of us knock out the monk and the Little Tiger then it is only Wuni left and since neither of us wants the princess we can let the man have her while we have our match. Though there are dozens of things that could go wrong with this plan of course.

Kipeci

Arcane
I missed that section about the prince having been knocked out already, it seems. Well, that doesn't really change anything, does it?

A2 A3 voters, why go with A2 for the first? I mean, yes, the guy is a scumbag, but if your intent is to fight everyone on the field at once, who does that leave Wuni to fight? He wants to actually prove his martial ability, so there's no way he's going to stand off to the side and not fight anyone. If Jing has killed off Zhang and is locked into combat with those two guys, his only options are to enter a confusing melee at extreme risk to his life or else fight Yunzi. If he does fight against Yunzi, then either he wins (bad, since we want to face her ourselves) or she wins (bad, because true love can't then prevail). At least leave him to face off against the scrap of a warrior that is Zhang if we're going to hog all the glory so that he can still do some fighting that won't end badly.

Nevill

Arcane
Kipeci said:
A2 A3 voters, why go with A2 for the first? I mean, yes, the guy is a scumbag, but if your intent is to fight everyone on the field at once, who does that leave Wuni to fight?
Wuni can help us fight whoever it is we are fighting currently. I suppose it won't be a four way match, but a 2v2. I think Yunzi will understand our intention if we attack both of them and help us. She does not want to be interrupted. And if it is 2v2, Wuni can be the third where it matters. Against the monk, probably.

Kipeci said:
At least leave him to face off against the scrap of a warrior that is Zhang if we're going to hog all the glory so that he can still do some fighting that won't end badly.
I am not turning my back to him or to his girl, both of whom want us out ASAP. There are two of them, and there is only one Wuni.

Nope, out of the ring they go!

Rex Feral

Prophet
It is only natural that Codex would go for the place with the largest concentration of dick.

Lambchop19, I summon you. Bring forth your mind warping arguments.

Tribute

Arbiter
Kipeci said:
A2 A3 voters, why go with A2 for the first? I mean, yes, the guy is a scumbag, but if your intent is to fight everyone on the field at once, who does that leave Wuni to fight?
Wuni can help us fight whoever it is we are fighting currently. I suppose it won't be a four way match, but a 2v2.
You expect the monk to team up with the guy who just carved a man in half against Jing and Yunzi?

Nevill

Arcane
You expect the monk to team up with the guy who just carved a man in half against Jing and Yunzi?
It's more likely that I expect Jing to fight one of them and Yunzi fight the other, without discriminating between the two.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
I missed that section about the prince having been knocked out already, it seems. Well, that doesn't really change anything, does it?

A2 A3 voters, why go with A2 for the first? I mean, yes, the guy is a scumbag, but if your intent is to fight everyone on the field at once, who does that leave Wuni to fight? He wants to actually prove his martial ability, so there's no way he's going to stand off to the side and not fight anyone. If Jing has killed off Zhang and is locked into combat with those two guys, his only options are to enter a confusing melee at extreme risk to his life or else fight Yunzi. If he does fight against Yunzi, then either he wins (bad, since we want to face her ourselves) or she wins (bad, because true love can't then prevail). At least leave him to face off against the scrap of a warrior that is Zhang if we're going to hog all the glory so that he can still do some fighting that won't end badly.

I don't think that Yunzi is that thrilled fighting against one of weakest guys in the arena right now, since both the monk and bandit are candidates for princess hand as well. Wuni just has to make best out of bad situation and he doesn't necessity has to enter melee. The dude has chakrams and hopefully is smart enough to use them where it really hurts the opponents.

It was never easy thing to make Wuni last man standing in the arena.

Tribute

Arbiter
That seems a bit more likely. I just would not at all expect the monk to help the crazy murderer.

Of course, for all he knows we're a crazed murderer, we did just almost cave a man's face right through the back of his skull.

Rex Feral

Prophet
That seems a bit more likely. I just would not at all expect the monk to help the crazy murderer.

Of course, for all he knows we're a crazed murderer, we did just almost cave a man's face right through the back of his skull.

That guy turned on his allies and cleaved one in half for amusement. We are not, by any standards considered, even close to as low as he is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom