Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Tribute

Arbiter
I imagine Cao'er could probably get him with pressure-point acupuncture paralysis in the immediate future, if that's your worry.

Ganymede

Learned
Executing a guy who's obviously out of his league just feels arrogant and cruel, especially in front of an audience. While The Prince is great and all, I somehow think Jing would have been more interested in Romantic literature, adventure stories and such. Definitely not a character I would ever describe as Machiavellian. If little Zhang was more of a threat then I could see taking him out, but what's he going to do? Fail to rape somebody? Fail to beat somebody up? Pull strings so well in the court that he gets sent to this backwater to participate in a deathmatch? The guy's a gnat.

There should be no question about fighting Yunzi. Sorry Wuni mate but Jing didn't come all the way to Tibet just to help you with your love life.

A2, B

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
If you kill him it'll be on the pretext of defeating a tournament competitor but it's going to be pretty clear to everyone by now that it's a deliberate kill.

Rex Feral

Prophet
I still don't know if we can count on Qilin and Cao'er to take him out before he flees. If only his death was certain, only then I might flop to A2, reputation wise.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

A2B - Normally, I'd be all for killing this guy, but he really is pathetic. Did Shun honestly think he could win this? Let's keep him alive so we can learn whatever his mission was and take it up ourselves.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
A2A3 > A2B

Even if the girl is telling the truth, we shouldn't be so naive as to trust her word in the middle of the fight. We've got to put them out of the fight.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Part One:

Anabanana - B
Kipeci - B > A1
Baltika9 - A2
Nevill - A2
Smashing Axe - B
asxetos - A2
Tribute - A2 > B
Rex Feral - A1 > A2
XenomorphII - A2
Kashmir Slippers - A2
Fangshi - A2
Elfberserker - A2
profreshinal - A1
Zero Credibility - A2 > B
Azira - A1
Tigranes - A2
Sunnmøring - B
Absinthe - A1
Bloodshifter - A1
SirArvedeth - A1
Ganymede - A2
Lambchop19 - A2
Grimgravy - A2
kazgar - A2
Esquilax - A2

Current tally:

A1 - 6
A2 - 15
B - 4

Part Two:

Anabanana - B > A1
Kipeci - A3
Baltika9 - A3
Nevill - A3
Smashing Axe - A3
asxetos - A3
Tribute - A3 > A1
Rex Feral - B
XenomorphII - B
Kashmir Slippers - B
Fangshi - A3
Elfberserker - A3
profreshinal - A1
Zero Credibility - A1 > B
Azira - B
Tigranes - A3
Sunnmøring - A3 > B
Absinthe - A3
Bloodshifter - B
SirArvedeth - A1
Ganymede - B
Lambchop19 - B
Grimgravy - A3 > B
kazgar - A3
Esquilax - A3

Current tally:

A1 - 3
A3 - 14
B - 8

Post-flop:

A1 - 2
A3 - 14
B - 9

The update should be due in... a bit more than 12 hours from now, at least. Or do you guys want more DISCUSS! time this round?

Last edited:

Tribute

Arbiter
I think my vote for part 2 is at A3>A1 at the moment, but I may have to doublecheck.

Tigranes

Arcane
The second choice seems pretty tight.

A1 voters like Tribute, profreshinal, SirArvedeth and kazgar may prefer A3 over B? I just think we'll have an opportunity to fight Yunzi even with A3, as it seems unlikely that she will be easily taken out by someone else like Wuni, or taht she'll get imprudently involved with the axe maniac, or that she'd backstab us.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Yeah, missed that and corrected.

Guys, try to use a bit of fabulous colour if you can :codexisfor:

Or at least don't have the vote listed right in the middle of a sentence if possible. Would make it easier to catch, especially when there's a bit of discussion flying about.

Esquilax

Arcane
Shun? I am pretty sure he does not hold that much sway over the Eight Sects.
Wuxung, on the other hands, does.

Wuxing is part of it, but I don't think that he would have gotten into Wuxing's inner circle of private students if his godfather wasn't the Grand Eunuch. Obviously that's unrelated to Shun, but I nevertheless think that with the Douchebag Generation in charge, odds are good that there's a political angle of some sort, even if the Emperor himself might not be privy to it.

Anyways, sparing Zhang Manxing seems like it's a lock to win, and there are some good reasons for doing so - it shows Xuxian, Yunzi and Jixuan Wuni that we aren't a bloodthirsty motherfucker. If he wants to get his crew of Nie Wuxing's lackeys to ambush us in the future, then fine, we'll just send their heads back to the so-called "greatest martial artist alive".

As for the second part, I think I'm with Nevill on this one. We came here to aid Jixuan Wuni, and I'd rather not abandon him in his time of need. Yunzi is itching to fight us, but her sense of pride won't allow her to come after us and blindside us if we're taking on Xuxian and Pang Xiaohu. Wuni could also come to our aid in this three-man fight, but if we're occupied with Yunzi, he'd be stuck having to deal with Xuxian and the Little Tiger on his own. BROS DONT ABANDON BROS IN COLD BLOOD BRO

On that note, A2A3

Kipeci

Arcane
Okay, so we're murdering Zhang. Very well, he kinda deserved it.

Now, we're also going to jump the bandit and the monk at the same time. Who does that leave our friend Wuni to fight?

Esquilax

Arcane

Now, we're also going to jump the bandit and the monk at the same time. Who does that leave our friend Wuni to fight?

Aw fuck, he's going to have to take on Yunzi that way. At the same time, Yunzi doesn't seem really all that interested in fighting anybody but Jing. This is a tricky situation indeed.

What about A2A1? We take out the most chaotic element here, Pang Xiaohu, then have a free-for-all between us, Yunzi, and Xuxian. No matter who wins, the winner will be exhausted and Wuni can defeat them. I think it's a sound plan.

Also, we're actually sparing Zhang Manxing.

Kipeci

Arcane

So we are, it seems! I misread. We may very well murder him with the strength of our manly fists impacting his baby flesh, but either way, he's still out of the fight.

kazgar

Arcane

Aw fuck, he's going to have to take on Yunzi that way. At the same time, Yunzi doesn't seem really all that interested in fighting anybody but Jing. This is a tricky situation indeed.

What about A2A1? We take out the most chaotic element here, Pang Xiaohu, then have a free-for-all between us, Yunzi, and Xuxian. No matter who wins, the winner will be exhausted and Wuni can defeat them. I think it's a sound plan.

That's my thought on A2A1. While Yunzi and Xuxian may be tougher, they're gonna play be some rules. Pang won't and can ruin everything.

edit: I can handle losing, I can handle losing to Yunzi, we did our bit for Wuni, we beat up a few people and found out we weren't rusty. I don't think we can handle seeing more people split in half, especially when there's a increased chance those people are ourselves, Wuni or Yunzi.

Baltika9

Arcane
But the problem is that Xuxian is the strongest dude in the ring. If we help him, how the fuck are we bringing him down?

kazgar

Arcane
But the problem is that Xuxian is the strongest dude in the ring. If we help him, how the fuck are we bringing him down?

By trolling him, or being smarter, or being quicker, or having better techniques, strength is just one facet.

Or qi leeching, or that defense breaking attack, who knows. He still won't cut us or yunzi into pieces, and that's the upside.

Baltika9

Arcane
By strongest, I meant best. By Jing's estimates, Xuxian is the most powerful fighter in the ring individually.
And we're good enough and experienced enough to not get split in two.

FFS, where is this fear of Little Tiger coming from? Lord Zhang did this worse shit to us as a warm-up.

Esquilax

Arcane

Qi leeching is the ace up our sleeve. Acting in an honourable manner by sparing Zhang Manxing and helping him defeat the Little Tiger might put his guard down. Other than that, you're right, he'd probably beat us.

Really, for me, the concern has more to do with Yunzi fighting Jixuan while we're occupied with Xuxian and Pang Xiaohu. I realize that the Little Tiger isn't a serious threat to Jing. The goal with A2A1 would be to hopefully draw Yunzi into a three way fight between ourselves, her and Xuxian. If we lose, we can wear down the winner enough for Jixuan Wuni to take them out while they're tired. And if we win, we can just forfeit the match like we planned. Seems to be a safe bet.

FFS, where is this fear of Little Tiger coming from? Lord Zhang did this worse shit to us as a warm-up.

Yeah, I agree, the guy is one-note and predictable. I'm more concerned with the likely possibility of Yunzi wiping the floor with Wuni. Then again, if worst comes to worst, maybe we can win so that we can offer Princess Rinchen to Jixuan Wuni instead? I have a feeling that might sting his pride a bit, though. He came here in part because he wanted to prove himself worthy, the guy is still a martial artist, after all.

Baltika9

Arcane
What's stopping Yunzi from fighting Wuni in A1?

We are trying to get Wuni to win it. Xuxian can very likely wipe the floor with him, I see no reason to help him out and give the advantage to the strongest fighter. None whatsoever.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom