Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Also, an extra tidbit: if you had taught Jixuan Wuni the Xianglong Palms the beggar would not have left.
Is that a good thing, or a bad thing?

Is Yunzi able to recognize Yinglang Step as a foundation of Kuanglang Step? How much in common these techniques still have?

"Ok, I don't mind. No need to spend two minutes explaining why, I already know about his story. It's common knowledge in the palace."
So why are we worried about her taking out Wuni again?

Actually, I imagined it more like yelling at her "Yo, firecracker! Leave that guy for last, will you? Back in a minute." from the other side of the ring and immediately running into the fight. Not in those exact words of course, but I suppose something like that could work if we really want to make sure she follows us into the fight.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Is Yunzi able to recognize Yinglang Step as a foundation of Kuanglang Step? How much in common these techniques still have?

She might recognize Kuanglang Step as your personal move.

Actually, I imagined it more like yelling at her "Yo, firecracker! Leave that guy for last, will you? Back in a minute." from the other side of the ring and immediately running into the fight. Not in those exact words of course, but I suppose something like that could work if we really want to make sure she follows us into the fight.

Yeah, a taunt would be effective, but I'll refrain from saying any more at the moment.

Nah, honestly I don't want her following us into the fight in choice A if she is really that horny fixated on us. She would simply concentrate on us while we would have to share our attention between her, the axe asshole and possibly the monk. I doubt the monk would fight her, and the bandit probably would try to kill her, so we would have to make sure that doesn't happen as well. It would be a total clusterfuck. Man, that girl needs some serious counselling. Or just get laid already.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It would be a total clusterfuck when Jixuan Wuni attempts to Theseus help you out, turning it into a five-way fight of sorts. :lol:

And she's had an axe to grind with you ever since the both of you were 14, it's nothing new. Letting it build up for two years after you promised to visit also played a role in that.

Nevill

Arcane
And she's had an axe to grind with you ever since the both of you were 14, it's nothing new. Letting it build up for two years after you promised to visit also played a role in that.
I expect our battle to end with a grapple rapidly turning into a makeout session. With tongue.

Might have been just a playful kiss on a whim for him but it weighed on her more than Jing knew (just wait till he uses tongue).
We have waited for two years. Now would be the time.

It would be a total clusterfuck when Jixuan Wuni attempts to Theseus help you out, turning it into a five-way fight of sorts. :lol:

All the more reason to make sure the axe asshole gets out first, in pieces if possible. He's the only person in that mess that would definitely not be playing nicely.

This act of hers may have been cute when she was 14, but at this point it really makes her look more than a bit unbalanced imo. I'd tell her to grow up already. If she wants Jing, fine. If not, tell her to find someone in that cult of hers that she likes and hump his (or hers if that's her preference) brains out. It could only help improve her attitude. Princess, stop waiting for everyone to do everything for you and get of your ass already.

But of course, that would just trigger another fight with her.

Nevill

Arcane
This act of hers may have been cute when she was 14, but at this point it really makes her look more than a bit unbalanced imo.
If you think Jing is any better, I have bad news for you.

Also, treave, how come Tufan royalty all have different names? Songtsen Tenzin, Sonam Jinpa, Pema Rinchen (as opposed to, say, Li Shun and Li Ming)? Even the general's sons have different names, Songtsu Taide and Langtsu Maide. Are there no family names in Tufan?

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
This act of hers may have been cute when she was 14, but at this point it really makes her look more than a bit unbalanced imo. I'd tell her to grow up already.

Having her family and tribe slaughtered in front of her, almost getting enslaved and then being rescued by a shady cult that deifies her during her formative adolescent years doesn't really promote a very stable personality. That, and you lot tend to do things that push her off balance like stealing kisses and sneaking into her room at night.

I mean. Seriously. Guys. Don't do that. :rpgcodex:

Also, treave, how come Tufan royalty all have different names? Songtsen Tenzin, Sonam Jinpa, Pema Rinchen (as opposed to, say Li Shun and Li Ming)? Even the general's sons have different names, Songtsu Taide and Langtsu Maide. Are there no family names in Tufan?

It's rare for Tibetans to have family names, and even the royal family around that time period didn't seem to have any, looking at the list of Emperor names.

Nevill

Arcane
treave said:
I mean. Seriously. Guys. Don't do that.
I see Jing's influence on her as a definitely positive one.

That deifying is not a healthy practice. At least he is treating her like a girl.

Anabanana

Augur

All the more reason to make sure the axe asshole gets out first, in pieces if possible. He's the only person in that mess that would definitely not be playing nicely.

I agree. Can we get rid of axe asshole with A1 so we can have our hilariously wacky romcom fights instead? An Wuni who isn't cut in half will be able to help us against Xuxian, if you're all so worried about that. (Do we really have that little faith in Jing's abilities?)

And pfft, of course the beggar would be wondering why the hell would this random Tibetan know the Eighteen Xianglong Palms. Can we meet up with the beggar and/or the monk afterwards for some drinks/tea/roasted frog legs? Would really like to get to know them. :(

Anabanana

Augur
I mean. Seriously. Guys. Don't do that. :rpgcodex:

Jing even fucking said "Come with me" last night. This is "I'll come for you on a white horse, <see you later>" levels of bullshit. And now that the prince is defeated, we're ignoring her and going for the guys instead? And then turn around and accuse her of being a crazy bitch? Rude, Codex. Rude. If our roles were reversed people would be calling Jing a slutty cocktease by now.

Having her family and tribe slaughtered in front of her, almost getting enslaved and then being rescued by a shady cult that deifies her during her formative adolescent years doesn't really promote a very stable personality. That, and you lot tend to do things that push her off balance like stealing kisses and sneaking into her room at night.

I mean. Seriously. Guys. Don't do that.
And that's another reason to have a serious talk to the girl that doesn’t end with us pummelling each other. Again. She has some serious issues to work out. Sure, Jing kissed her once and sneaked into her room (to talk!) once. But come on, you can't compare or blame that for this fixation of hers with him and at the same time her wanting nothing more than to beat the shit out of him every time she sees him. Hell, she was acting that way even when she met us in the prologue.

Nevill

Arcane
Anabanana said:
An Wuni who isn't cut in half will be able to help us against Xuxian, if you're all so worried about that. (Do we really have that little faith in Jing's abilities?)
I assume that Yunzi will politelty sit that one down and calmly wait until we are done with them?

Zero Credibility said:
Sure, Jing kissed her once and sneaked into her room (to talk!) once.
He also proposed to her publicly when she was 14.

Zero Credibility said:
But come on, you can't compare or blame that for this fixation of hers with him and at the same time her wanting nothing more than to beat the shit out of him every time she sees him.
How about you have a talk about fixation and whatnot with Cao'er, first?

Since when Jing became so nitpicky?

Jing even fucking said "Come with me" last night. This is "I'll come for you on a white horse, <see you later>" levels of bullshit. And now that the prince is defeated, we're ignoring her and going for the guys instead? And then turn around and accuse her of being a crazy bitch? Rude, Codex. Rude. If our roles were reversed people would be calling Jing a slutty cocktease by now.
Why would we? It was an honest invitation as far we know. Jing meant it, she didn't take it. And really, she is acting like a crazy bitch. If you like someone your first impulse should probably not be to beat him or her into the ground every single time you meet them. Probably.

Anabanana

Augur
This is wuxia, man. This is just how people in this genre show affection. See Jing's relationship with Zhang Jue. :love:

EDIT: Wait a minute are you suggesting that she should've just up and left in the middle of the night? These things take foreplay, man. Like what we're doing now. :D

Anabanana said:
An Wuni who isn't cut in half will be able to help us against Xuxian, if you're all so worried about that. (Do we really have that little faith in Jing's abilities?)
I assume that Yunzi will politelty sit that one down and calmly wait until we are done with them?

Of course she will want to jump into the fray, yeah. And?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
And that's another reason to have a serious talk to the girl that doesn’t end with us pummelling each other. Again. She has some serious issues to work out. Sure, Jing kissed her once and sneaked into her room (to talk!) once. But come on, you can't compare or blame that for this fixation of hers with him and at the same time her wanting nothing more than to beat the shit out of him every time she sees him. Hell, she was acting that way even when she met us in the prologue.

...And in the prologue, what did we do to get even more involved with her? :lol:

horse-jumping proposal

Honestly, she doesn't fight you every single time. After the tournament, she attacked you once in the haunted mansion before she realized you didn't mean her any harm, and the two of you didn't really come to blows at all for a rather long period of time while travelling together and then staying at Emei. You would have duelled her at Heihu Valley, but things didn't pan out and she definitely didn't insist on an immediate fight during the aftermath, instead inviting you to the Temple.

Then, you surprise her by hiding in her room at night for your first meeting in two years. Most fighters would strike out at people hiding behind a folding screen, at least for a warning shot if nothing else, not to mention you were pretending to be an emissary from her god-wolf just before that. She wouldn't have attacked you if you had picked the choice to attend the pre-tournament celebration normally, or snuck into the exhibition match.

And now you're at a tournament, and what you do in a tournament is fight. It's not that crazy, really.

You want real crazy, look at Liu Chanfeng.

No, sorry, that's just half.

I forgot about Yang Xue.

Zero Credibility said:
Sure, Jing kissed her once and sneaked into her room (to talk!) once.
He also proposed to her publicly when she was 14.

Zero Credibility said:
But come on, you can't compare or blame that for this fixation of hers with him and at the same time her wanting nothing more than to beat the shit out of him every time she sees him.
How about you have a talk about fixation and whatnot with Cao'er, first?

Since when Jing became so nitpicky?
Is Cao'er imbalanced? Sure. But she is not the one beating the crap out of Jing for the crime of her liking him every time we met her. Anyway you take this, that's not a healthy behaviour and it only causes problems for her and Jing. I wouldn’t mind to add her to the harem, I just said she has serious problems. And besides, I did say this was my opinion. If you like girls that beat you up, hey, go nuts. :P

Nevill

Arcane
Why would we? It was an honest invitation as far we know. Jing meant it, she didn't take it. And really, she is acting like a crazy bitch. If you like someone your first impulse should probably not be to beat him or her into the ground every single time you meet them. Probably.
Martial arts is what she knows best. If she were a singer, she would sing; if she were an artist, she would draw; but she is a fighter, and so she fights. That is a mean of showing you her appreciation, though she would never admit it. There is also a matter of the customs of her people that have a fiance fight with a fiancee for the right to marry her.

And of course, there is a volatile tsundere character and Jing's own behavior contributing to this relationship.

Anabanana said:
Of course she will want to jump into the fray, yeah. And?
And then the monk who does not like to pile on people will leave us with her, being the considerate young man that he is, and go acquaintance himself with Wuni. Which is what I am trying to avoideveryone but Wuni in the fight.

Zero Credibility said:
Is Cao'er imbalanced? Sure. But she is not the one beating the crap out of Jing for the crime of her liking him every time we met her.
Of course not. She is a medic, and so she paralyzes Jing to make him a massage. Or finds new holes ways to show him her love. They are all crazy about Jing in their own way.

Zero Credibility said:
If you like girls that beat you up, hey, go nuts.
It is too late to pick and choose when two of our current girls like to tie us down and shove things up our ass. Might as well invite the third one with a whip for a full set.

Last edited:

Anabanana

Augur
Well, I'm assuming that in a battle royale we're skilled enough to jump between opponents if we want, which is what we would be doing in A3? I'd rather take on Yunzi and Xuxian at the same time after we get rid of the one who's most likely to kill someone (deliberately). Yunzi wants a fair fight; doesn't mean we have to give it to her right this moment. Since it looks like Codex wants to ignore her for now, might as well go all the way.

I'm really not worried about Wuni losing, I'm more worried about him getting killed. If he loses, big deal, we can break the princess out (like I wanted to do in the first place anyway).

But it seems like A3 is going to win anyway, so whatever. /YOLO

I just realised - I'm arguing about the qualities of a particular choice of waifus in a CYOA on an internet forum. :lol:

Ok, that's going too far for me. No way am I getting into shipping arguments (again).

Absinthe

Arcane
For choice 2, voting A3 maximum clusterfuck.

Jing specializes in clusterfucks anyway (trololol) and Jixuan Wuni has a new technique to be an opportunistic bastard now (+2 stealth is probably all he needs to avoid notice when everyone else is preoccupied with much bigger threats; add +1 agility and his high perception... he'll do well enough).

Also, we should ask Yunzi to help Jixuan Wuni out.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom