Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
You have to admit, though, the choice didn't mislead. It was the fun way to do it.

treave said:
It was just an accident; everyone should have seen that.
Like anyone cares. In China, the ones who allow harm to come to the prince are tortured mercilessly. I don't think it is any better in Tufan when you are the one who caused that accident.

treave said:
Since the Prince is dead, Princess Rinchen and her future spouse should be next in line.
They have to marry for that, first, and somehow I get a feeling nobody here is in the mood for a marriage.

Kipeci

Arcane
That's, uh, true. Not sure what this means in terms of relationships between the countries now, since about half of the contributing offenders here were Han... but there again, without that particular competent leader, maybe it would come to nothing? I don't know. Let's just try to get Wuni on the throne on the double and hope that cooler heads prevail. If not, knock them around until they do. I'm sure that Jing and Yunzi can take on these soldiers at least enough to escape if diplomacy fails.

Edit:
In China, the ones who allow harm to come to the prince are tortured mercilessly. I don't think it is any better in Tufan when you are the one who caused that accident.

Perhaps, the circumstances of the death are dodgy enough that I think high charisma and speech can do a lot to sway some minds here. The prince did willingly risk himself in a tournament that was advertised as potentially being 'to the death', it's not so strange that it would happen even if the circumstances were really odd.

Also, who do you think is going to arrest and torture Jing? Jing was much weaker when he was pulling off nonsense like the 100 man match and he just go through trashing some of the strongest warriors that Tibet had to offer very publicly, I don't think anyone's going to be eager to physically arrest him when they can instead more amiably listen to his dulcet tones.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Kipeci said:
I'm sure that Jing and Yunzi can take on these soldiers at least enough to escape if diplomacy fails.
Bows.

I don't see B as trying to argue with them on the stage. They will try to arrest you, and if you want a chance to explain yourself, you have to surrender. If you start knocking people around, you only confirm your violent intentions, and make it look like murder more.

I have no idea if we have a chance to clear our name, especially since Wuni just recently explained how we are known around these parts. If we stay, we will depend heavily on Wuni... and he is not in a position of power yet. And who knows when, or even if, he will be.

Kipeci said:
The prince did willingly risk himself in a tournament that was advertised as potentially being 'to the death', it's not so strange that it would happen even if the circumstances were really odd.
Even the maniac Pang didn't want to harm the prince. The fact that Tenzin wanted to participate and risk his life does not absolve the one who would try and take it from a horrible retribution.

Kipeci said:
Also, who do you think is going to arrest and torture Jing?
B has Jing trying to explain himself. If you want to explain, you have to play by their rules.

No one is speaking about torture just yet. It's just for the choice to work, you have to surrender. You are counting on Wuni getting you out, and it sure as hell will not happen here on the stage.

Last edited:

Kipeci

Arcane
I think Jing can find an opportunity to slip away from archers if they were to be a concern. He's pretty good with stealth, he'd just need to duck away for a second and he's probably good.

We're not sure what they're going to do, really, but I think Jing is pretty set to handle whatever situation comes up. I'd just prefer trying to use diplomacy before running off, especially if it could help smooth things over by assisting in the installation of a more friendly king via the marriage.

You have to admit, though, the choice didn't mislead. It was the fun way to do it.
...right up to the moment the Prince got axed. And now we are in shit, I really doubt we can talk our way out of this easily, but if we make a run for it we would probably just confirm our blame. We attacked a person that we didn't have to (and that apparently didn't even want to fight). And then other got dragged into that shit as well as they were likely to, we really should have known better by now than to create uncontrollable situations like that with our shit luck. I was just surprised the axe didn't hit one of our girls in the crowd at this point, which is what I excepted when it went flying of.

Nevill

Arcane
Not sure how your diplomacy would help Wuni marry Rinchen. If anything, having him to cover for you harms his chances. People might suspect that it was a plan by you two to commit regicide.

Severing the ties with him for now would probably be a better idea.

...right up to the moment the Prince got axed.
No, that was the fun part.

Well, from now on I'm following a new rule when it comes to this LP: If the choice says something is going to be "fun", it means it's going to end badly.

Anabanana

Augur
Told you we should've gone for A1 and disabled the dangerous motherfucker first. Ugh, I can't believe this shit. Fuck that LUC 1. Fuck it.

Anyway, B1. We have to take responsibility for our part in this and sort out this fucking mess.

Last edited:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Oh dear indeed.

That was...Unexpected, but fun way of doing things.

I think that I opt for diplomacy option for now. That was freak accident in tournament that allows death. I am confident with Jings 5 speech, 7 charisma and that 4 scholarship skill should come in handy in negotiation.

I think that Yunzi and Wuni can convince princess Richen to speak for us and she should have influence in Turfan matters. Not to mention if Wuni is married to prince then he can also defend us.

B1 for now.

Last edited:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Hah! Amusing! At least Yunzi doesn't have to worry about him proposing to her again anytime soon... Unless..
Maybe Cao'er can work some magic here? Remember her nursing Jing back to health back in the start? Might be the prince isn't all gone yet.

Might's and maybes aside though, I vote for running away. T'was fun, we came here to meet with Yunzi, and we just did. And saw a nice technique! She must teach Jing. It's so cool. Oh, and the finger thing the tibetan can do? That's cool too.

We should run, and take Yunzi with us. And scoop up the poor monk as well, he might also be blamed.
Forget the little tiger though. Let him take the blame, he's perfectly suited for it.

A1

Absinthe

Arcane
Treave, Jing has 6 herbalism now. How lethal is the wound? Is it possible to stabilize his condition and for cao'er to heal him or is it directly fatal (to the heart, etc.)?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It's a pretty big blade, and it hit the heart for massive trauma. You won't be able to do anything, Cao'er might be able to pull off a miracle with her skills, if she can get down here in the next few seconds and they let her near the prince. You can attempt to call for her as part of B.

Absinthe

Arcane
B1

Call for Cao'er as part of B then. She should have a high level qinggong now to rush with. A broken heart should still afford another minute or so to the prince. When you say "next few seconds" I assume you're speaking more metaphorically (immediately, before it's too late) than literally "in the next 3-5 seconds," right?

Last edited:

Anabanana

Augur
Same here. Vote for calling for Cao'er in B, and tell the guards to let her try and save the prince.

treave, did you do any kind of rolls as to who would get hit in the audience? Or was this predetermined because of our luck? I'm kinda terrified thinking that it might've hit Cao'er or Qilin, though they probably would've dodged it, as opposed to the prince who was out of it because of the Yunzi fight.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
A broken heart should still afford another minute or so to the prince. When you say "next few seconds" I assume you're speaking more metaphorically (immediately, before it's too late) than literally "in the next 3-5 seconds," right?

Well, not when it's almost split in two and spasming out. I mean seconds literally, yes. I did say she'd have to work a miracle.

treave, did you do any kind of rolls as to who would get hit in the audience? Or was this predetermined because of our luck? I'm kinda terrified thinking that it might've hit Cao'er or Qilin, though they probably would've dodged it, as opposed to the prince who was out of it because of the Yunzi fight.

It was either him or Princess Rinchen.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
A broken heart should still afford another minute or so to the prince. When you say "next few seconds" I assume you're speaking more metaphorically (immediately, before it's too late) than literally "in the next 3-5 seconds," right?

Well, not when it's almost split in two and spasming out. I mean seconds literally, yes. I did say she'd have to work a miracle.

It was either him or Princess Rinchen.

So we got sort of lucky roll then? I remember someone saying we got best of the worse luck:lol:

Absinthe

Arcane
Fuck it, even a chance that the prince can make it makes B a much better option now. Jixuan Wuni also has the best claim to the princess's hand now that all the other contenders have been implicated in this attack anyway. If the princess makes her own choice, it would also most likely be Jixuan Wuni.

If it fails, might as well eat the punishment like a man prologue-style. Jixuan Wuni is more positively disposed towards us anyway.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Should I retcon it to have the Princess axed instead, if it pleases you guys more? I don't mind.

Absinthe

Arcane
I doubt Cao'er is going to get arrested for trying to save the prince's life, so I honestly see no reason for anyone to be voting B2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom