Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So you're voting to look for him, right? Better correct that vote then.
Not unless you answer the previous question. :)

Nevill

Arcane
Dammit, the next ruler of Tufan will be not Lobsang, but Ahura Mazda. I knew it!

Kipeci

Arcane
Just one more question from me, treave.

Would the Tibetans allow Jing to participate in the Huashan Summit without junking his marriage? I would think that they would, since actually landing a position as a Great Pugilist would be a fantastic boon to their prestige and Jing is a rather capable fighter, but there have been some concerns that this wouldn't be allowed.

Baltika9

Arcane
Your Yuhua cash won't even cover it. And you don't even know how many people you have to move, or if they even want to move. Good job imposing your ideals on people and forcibly relocating the frail and elderly, I'm sure they like the idea of dying on the road to pneumonia, dysentery and cholera.

Reassign forces away from the travel route? Relax security? You mean empty the border forts, right? Oh sure, given the trouble in Tufan that's not going to look insane. People will wonder if he's not going cuckoo like his ascended father. Hey, here's an idea. Help Zhang Manxing get control over Tufan. Might make the border more relaxed.

Also, when your big plan consists of 'yeah they're smart they'll work out the details for me', no. You don't have a reason for them to go to such lengths for you anyway.
I see. Not an option for now, then (and I do mean "for now," now way am I giving up on creating a school for Zoroastrian Ninja-Pirate Samurai on Yinhu Island). I will just have to settle for the more obvious effects of B: Turfan royal family dead or missing because LOVE, civil war and we're trolololing back to China by way of the Fire Cult (hopefully).
I'm not cool with settling down into politics just yet.

Anabanana

Augur
I think I'll go with A > C. A is pretty similar to running away in the previous choice, only without Yunzi, but avoiding it is just sunk cost fallacy man. I get that it hurts but let's not fuck this country over more than we already have, and if it means we have to give up our freedom... well. We dug our hole and we'll lie in it if we have to.

At least we'll be able to help promote Tufan/China ties and keep Zhang Manxing in check if C wins. And hey, if we can still go to China when we need to, it shouldn't be that bad. I guess Part 2 is where we start defining our long-term responsibilities? Ugh. I don't need a real life simulator in my CYOAs, thank you very much.

Kipeci

Arcane
Excellent. We can say hi to everyone and attend the Summit without throwing off things in Tibet, then.

Nevill

Arcane
Anabanana said:
A is pretty similar to running away in the previous choice, only without Yunzi, but avoiding it is just sunk cost fallacy man. I get that it hurts but let's not fuck this country over more than we already have
Yes, let's leave Tufan in the hands of our personal enemy who just tried to get Yunzi killed and spreads rumors about the Fire Cult even now.

I am sure he will not fuck the country over by trying to get to you.

This is not avoiding 'sunken cost fallacy', this is just self-mutilation.

Last edited:

Anabanana

Augur
I guess Part 2 is where we start defining our long-term responsibilities?

What makes you think that?

Oh, you know, the option to get married, settle down, have kids, rule over countries, and such.

Anabanana said:
I get that it hurts but let's not fuck this country over more than we already have
Yes, let's leave Tufan in the hands of our personal enemy who just tried to get Yunzi killed and spreads rumors about the Fire Cult even now.

This is not avoiding 'sunken cost fallacy', this is just self-mutilation.

Well, Shun must've sent him here for a reason. I'd feel better about it if we could talk to Xiaofang and figure out exactly what's going on here, but hey, we gotta work with what we have. And what we do know is that if we kidnap the princess in B, it's just going to lead to the two factions infighting because of the lack of an heir, isn't it? At least this way they'll be able to come to a compromise and stabilize the situation after the unexpected loss of their ruler. I agree that zhang's a rapist scumbag but having somebody on the throne is better than having nobody on the throne - if we want our freedom, we'll have to live with zhang on it. But I might flop to C > A actually, now that treave has clarified that we can make trips into China if we need to.

Baltika9

Arcane
I'm not cool with settling down into politics just yet.
Actually, no. I'm lying. The real reason I'm afraid to go with C is because BAAAAAAW YUNZI WONT LOVE US ANYMORE! BAAAAAAAAW! Fuck, will she really be cool with us marrying a third girl before her?
But then again, Kipeci is absolutely right that we will get all the training opportunities in Tibet that we want and we get to make planned trips and have our own life just fine. This is also a good springboard for our dreams of Empire-building. Fuck, I'm just afraid that we really will miss our chance at Yunzi with C.

Baltika9

Arcane
Oh, you know, the option to get married, settle down, have kids, rule over countries, and such.

Never going to be part of the LP.

So how will this General thing play out, then? What will we be doing in the first place? It sounds like a huge job and responsibility (hell yeah it is, responsible for the security of an entire nation and the lives of all the guys in your charge) so it would be nice to know what our responsibilities, resources (personal and public) and advantages of accepting would be.

Or are you saying that it will be just for flavor and the LP won't take it seriously?

profreshinal

Arcane

So we can't complete all the goals, set out in the introduction, during the LP.

Overthrow and replace the Son of Heaven, who has lost his mandate to rule? Check

Unite the bickering pugilistic sects under one banner, to usher in a new world? Huashan top here we come

Or to live out life quietly on the sidelines, away from the troubles of the era? not in the cards :(

Nevill

Arcane
Baltika9 said:
But then again, Kipeci is absolutely right that we will get all the training opportunities in Tibet that we want and we get to make planned trips and have our own life just fine.
No Qi Liuwu. No Gam-gam Miecao. No Yao. No visit to BDS. No Yifang. No Sword Saint.
These all are a part of adventuring. These are not visits with clear goals.

Also, monogamous relationship.

Baltika9

Arcane
Baltika9 said:
But then again, Kipeci is absolutely right that we will get all the training opportunities in Tibet that we want and we get to make planned trips and have our own life just fine.
No Qi Liuwu. No Gam-gam Miecao. No Yao. No visit to BDS. No Yifang.
These all are a part of adventuring. These are not visits with clear goals.
Nonsense:
"Guys, I'm taking leave to visit the heads of the Eight Sects, the Black Dragon Society and I will return in about two-three months." That's a planned trip. What they're not cool with is us just up and disappearing for an unknown period of time into an unknown location for unknown reasons.

Nevill

Arcane
Nonsense:
"Guys, I'm taking an absence of leave to visit the heads of the Eight Sects, the Black Dragon Society and I will return in about two-three months." That's a planned trip. What they're not cool with is us just up and disappearing for an unknown period of time into an unknown location for unknown reasons.
Nonsense yourself. We have so much on our table that a year seemed too small to do it, yet now you are going to cover everything in 3 months?

Also, where do you even find people like the Sword Saint?

Anabanana said:
At least this way they'll be able to come to a compromise and stabilize the situation after the unexpected loss of their ruler. I agree that zhang's a rapist scumbag but having somebody on the throne is better than having nobody on the throne - if we want our freedom, we'll have to live with zhang on it.
So, we are installing a rapist puppet that is out for our blood on the throne because we don't want anything to happen to the country. Got it.

Man, should have gone with B1. At least people would have been too distraught with the death of Cao'er to care too much about zhang and the Tufans.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Haha, no. You don't "find" the Sword Saint, you encounter him. Shangguan goes wherever the fuck he likes and does whatever the fuck he wants to do, which is most of the time "nothing". We can wander for a year and not find him, or we can step off and encounter him in the first town we pass through. The man is a total recluse and sloth, we either dedicate every single resource of ours to find him, let the road take us as it will...
Or, we send out a personal invitation to the Turfan Court to him and his apprentice, from their old pal Xu Jing.

Nevill

Arcane
Baltika9 said:
You don't "find" the Sword Saint, you encounter him.
Which is why you can't plan for a visit like this. You can find him on the road, and you choose to settle down.

Ah, if you want to play Civ, just vote for it. Too bad the princess will have to be your main (and only) wife. :P

Baltika9

Arcane

Nah, settling down won't happen. I'm waiting on treave to answer my question and then I'll think of flopping.

So how will this General thing play out, then? What will we be doing in the first place? It sounds like a huge job and responsibility (hell yeah it is, responsible for the security of an entire nation and the lives of all the guys in your charge) so it would be nice to know what our responsibilities, resources (personal and public) and advantages of accepting would be.

Or are you saying that it will be just for flavor and the LP won't take it seriously?

And, yeah, if she pushes the monogamy thing, we're fucking leaving then and there. But she won't, after Qilin and Yunzi spend an hour with her.

Nevill

Arcane
Baltika9 said:
Nah, settling down won't happen. I'm waiting on treave to answer my question and then I'll think of flopping.
If you are not hitting the road, then what will you be doing?

Baltika9 said:
And, yeah, if she pushes the monogamy thing, we're fucking leaving then and there. But she won't, after Qilin and Yunzi spend an hour with her.
What about 'you have to make the princess you main wife while Qilin is one'?

Rex Feral

Prophet
We are trading our khanate for this shitty country full of imbeciles and incompetents? We are letting scunbags like Zhang Manxing live instead of slaughtering them like they deserve.

You, who vote for marrying this plain girl with monogamous opinions, are a all a disgrace for master Zhang Jue.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom