Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Rex Feral

Prophet
Did Zhang Jue stay in Japan to become the new Shogun? Did he marry some ugly gal only for political interests?

No. He went. He fucked the country. And he came back stronger than before. And we should follow his example to the letter.

Kipeci

Arcane
Nonsense yourself. We have so much on our table that a year seemed too small to do it, yet now you are going to cover everything in 3 months?

The everything that we planned on doing leaned heavily on the side of doing stuff in Tibet rather than stuff we planned on doing in China. Most of our China plans involve talking to people and going to the Huashan Summit, which should be achievable on a planned excursion. Random sidequests and/or training will be available in both China and Tibet.

Which is why you can't plan for a visit like this. You can find him on the road, and you choose to settle down.

Thus far, we only found him once in a martial arts challenge that everyone was invited to watch, not 'on the road'. He'll show up with us if he deems such a meeting to be important, otherwise he won't. We didn't find him during all of our time chasing ghosts and defending pirates in China, I don't see why going into more China-specific sidequests will draw him out if he doesn't want to meet up with us.

Tribute

Arbiter
And here I thought B would be the obvious bandwagon choice, and we'd get through this round of discussion quickly.

Baltika9

Arcane
LORD ZHANG JUE believes in freedom and demands self-determination from his disciples. His only rule is this: whatever you choose to do, be the best at it.
Case in point: Shouwang Claws formation.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
There needs to be a vote to marry zhang manxing. I am sure people who are in it for resources will flop to this option at once. He has powerful allies in the court.

The humanists that voted for getting Cao'er killed in the previous update because they wanted to save the pretty prince would be overjoyed, too, as it spares the girls around the world from zhang's affections. They will support it.

Seriously, this needs to be an option.

Kipeci

Arcane
Did Zhang Jue stay in Japan to become the new Shogun? Did he marry some ugly gal only for political interests?

No. He went. He fucked the country. And he came back stronger than before. And we should follow his example to the letter.

Do not allow the wicked to mislead you! It'd be a heresy to the legacy of the great Yang Xue to not become a legendary general who shacks up with hot native girls in a harsh land beyond the borders of the empire.

Rex Feral

Prophet
If marrying this thing wins I'm gonna vote to change the character since Jing is obviously pussified by the recent decisions. I mean really. We surrendered without a fight instead of YOLOTIGERING and going band of brothers with some cool characters.

I'll go for Gao Ying. He may lack a dick but I bet he is more of a man than what Jing is becoming.

Nevill

Arcane
We surrendered without a fight instead of YOLOTIGERING and going band of brothers with some cool characters.
We lied in wait for our prey to come to us, like tigers do, and it did.

If we miss this chance, yes, Gao Ying would be better. I'd settle even for zhang manxing - at least the man knows what he wants.

Anabanana

Augur
Anabanana said:
At least this way they'll be able to come to a compromise and stabilize the situation after the unexpected loss of their ruler. I agree that zhang's a rapist scumbag but having somebody on the throne is better than having nobody on the throne - if we want our freedom, we'll have to live with zhang on it.
So, we are installing a rapist puppet that is out for our blood on the throne because we don't want anything to happen to the country. Got it.

What's good for us as an individual isn't necessarily what's good for the general populace. That's all I'm saying.

Esquilax

Arcane
Baltika9, you have gone soft, bro. Once upon a time you were the most glorious of the YOLOTIGERS, pushing for harems, offering an arm up to Yang Xue in exchange for training, and trolling tight-assed orthodox types left and right, while being devout in spreading of the Holy Scripture of Zhang Jue (PBUH). Let us not let this disappointment of Yunzi leaving us hurt our resolve - we are star-crossed lovers, fate is bound to bring us apart, as it did when we first met, and as it did again when we rescued her from the Douchebag Generation two years ago. But we have to keep trying, we will keep after her. She won't forget us either.

The obvious answer is B2. We won't need to look for Zhang Manxing; with the Princess in our possession, I'm sure he'll be looking for us instead.

:troll:

This event proves that we do NOT have bad luck. As one poster, I think it was ERYFKRAD who said, "we have the worst good luck ever". Our good luck shines upon us today by giving us the opportunity to kidnap a Princess and lay waste to a Kingdom in a single day. Fucking amazing, this has worked out great.

Sunnmøring

Novice
C1 > C2

Root out that awful Zhang guy, he would've gotten Cao'er killed! But becoming a general of the Tibetan empire at the height of its power, marrying a princess, and still being able to visit our bros in China and participate in the summit make C the best option even if you guys don't try to punish Zhang.

profreshinal

Arcane
A2

I don't trust princess Jinpa, she's acting to cool. My paranoid self is telling me she's a diogenes Camna. I just can't shake the feeling she's been manipulating this whole thing from the start. And here's a hefty amount of speculation: She's been manipulating her brother to set up a tournament to marry of her sister meanwhile she also attracts a "snake" from a neighbouring Kingdom. She knows her sister wants to marry someone else and she tries to push the two to fleeing right before the tournament so that she becomes the bride and she eliminates the first successor from the equation. the plan after that would be to have the snake kill the brother, succeed but he also gets found out and gets executioned, she becomes ruler. Tournament changes the plan a bit, she doesn't need the snake anymore and she sees a chance to tie a potentially great general to her, she'll deal with her sister later, her sister is weak. So we leave her with the snake which we doesn't really want anymore but for the most part everyone gets what they want./paranoid mode off

Nevill

Arcane
profreshinal said:
I just can't shake the feeling she's been manipulating this whole thing from the start.
She manipulated the gravity to kill the prince, too.

Rex Feral

Prophet
I vote B1>A1>B2>A2. (FIXED)

Now that we fucked Shun's plans for diplomacy our goal should be to disrupt and weaken this country as much as possible until we leave. Alas the option for this is missing, instead we get marriage.

Nevill

Arcane
Now that we fucked Shun's plans for diplomacy our goal should be to disrupt and weaken this country as much as possible until we leave. Alas the option for this is missing, instead we get marriage.
Why don't you want to leave the country without a ruler, then?

In A1, they just marry Jinpa to someone, and there you go, a legitimate ruler! Not cool.

Edit: actually, not to someone. To her uncle. Then you have a united Tufan. Not cool at all:
I dunno about that. If we run and off zhang the inferior then Rinchen will pretty much have to marry her uncle. Which means that she will run anyway, which gives us a B option minus the princess.

The princesses must disappear.

Absinthe

Arcane
You guys realize a B vote means Rinchen marries Zhang Manxing instead?

A1 lets actually kill him for once.

Tribute

Arbiter
What? Rinchen is marrying Wuni, and we're taking away both of the other princesses. That's the whole point of B.

Kipeci

Arcane
Baltika9, you have gone soft, bro. Once upon a time you were the most glorious of the YOLOTIGERS, pushing for harems, offering an arm up to Yang Xue in exchange for training, and trolling tight-assed orthodox types left and right, while being devout in spreading of the Holy Scripture of Zhang Jue (PBUH). Let us not let this disappointment of Yunzi leaving us hurt our resolve - we are star-crossed lovers, fate is bound to bring us apart, as it did when we first met, and as it did again when we rescued her from the Douchebag Generation two years ago. But we have to keep trying, we will keep after her. She won't forget us either.

The obvious answer is B2. We won't need to look for Zhang Manxing; with the Princess in our possession, I'm sure he'll be looking for us instead.

With what you're saying it seems more like you would want to go for C, though. It expands the harem by one princess, allows us to stay in Tibet for training from the Fire Cult and so on instead of running like a bitch over back to China, and I'm sure that the Orthodox folks will be tremendously butthurt by having to give Jing respect as a general of a foreign nation. Zhang Jue would go for the option to hunt the yetis, and we can only go for that inevitable sidequest by staying in Tibet. We can also use the time in the country to actually pursue Yunzi instead of running off for another several years of no contact.

Nevill

Arcane
What? Rinchen is marrying Wuni, and we're taking away both of the other princesses. That's the whole point of B.
Who are you talking to?

I am pointing out that A1 leads to a stronger Tufan kingdom.

Edit: oops, forget about it.

Absinthe

Arcane
Rinchen is only marrying Wuni because Jinpa will be marrying one of you as a compromise. B is only kidnapping Jinpa. If Jinpa is gone, political pressure will force Rinchen to marry Zhang Manxing.

Esquilax

Arcane
It also means +1 SWORDS. Don't forget that.

An important part here is what the Princess told us:

"If, for instance, a situation happens right now where Princess Rinchen is forced to choose between marrying someone else or running away with Jixuan Wuni, what would she pick? Would she abandon her city, or will she do her duty?"

"Isn't that clear already? She'll run away with him, like how lovers are supposed to do. Really, why would anyone give up the chance to travel the world and see its sights? Now, your answer?"

However, given the desperation that a kidnapped Princess and a dead Prince would cause, Rinchen might re-evaluate her position and value duty over her own feelings here. You could be on the money there, Absinthe. Let me mull it over for a sec.

Nevill

Arcane
If Jinpa is gone, then Rinchen will flee with Wuni. It's in the update.

It also means +1 SWORDS. Don't forget that.
And also an AXE TO THE MOTHERFUCKING HEART. Can't risk those.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom