Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Kashmir Slippers

Magister
Shun has been waiting pretty much since the start of this thread.

Besides, not only does B not guarantee that we will be able to meet back with Shun, it doesn't even guarantee that we will see Yunzi. for all we know she has gone somewhere else to deal with the trouble, and that we will be sent off on side-quest city trying to find her again. Meeting with Shun is the quaranteed. We can either take the sure bet and help our childhood friend, the person who enabled us to be everything that we are today, who is explicitly asking for our help, or we can run off, forsake him, and maybe get closer to the girl that we have been on-again-off-again courting for five years.

I am getting the Wudu vibes again. Except this time, there is no Qilin waiting for us there, so there is no incentive to bother. Shun could have perfectly handled himself back then without our help.
Shun is asking for our help this time. He is our Emperor and brother and really smarter then Jing, if he says he needs us, he probably does. Now, I'm not going to go all bros before hoes, but I will say that it would be prudent to listen to what he has to say before running after the girl.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Let's not go that far. He wouldn't have handled it nearly as well without us, and really, without Jing to mediate between the Wudu Cult and the Empire or Jing's own incredible ability to be a clutch performer under extremely dangerous, high-risk pressure situations, things could have gone a lot worse for Shun.
He would have gone with an assassination option. Less perfect than what we managed to do, but hardly the end of the world.

Kashimir Slippers said:
Shun is the Emperor now. He has the resourses of the whole Empire at his disposal. If he can't manage even with all that, then he is a shitty ruler. It's that simple.

Shun is asking for our help this time. He is our Emperor and brother and really smarter then Jing, if he says he needs us, he probably does.
He said that it is our choice. He made this explicitly clear. If he is as desperate as you make him sound to be, he would not have let us consider an outright refusal.

Last edited:

Kashmir Slippers

Magister
Kashimir Slippers said:
Shun is the Emperor now. He has the resourse of the whole Empire at his disposal. If he can't manage even with all that, then he is a shitty ruler. It's that simple.

We already know that he is not a shitty ruler. Don't be so eager to throw him under the bus. I don't see why you are so quick to defame him whenever anyone brings him up.

We should help him, not only because he is asking for our help or because he is one of our best friends, but because it would give us an opportunity to see what has developed in China during the last two years. He and his subordinates might be able to give us valuable insights on what is happening in the orthodox world and maybe what is happening with the empty leadership roles.

You guys were talking about wanting to do something about the summit that is coming up. Meeting with Shun is an excellent opportunity to learn if anything has developed and for us to utilize the "resource of the whole Empire." Running off after Yunzi might put us in a position where we are rushing back into China with two-year-old intelligence. A lot may have changed since we left for Maniac Island. Since we have burned the bridge here in Tibet, or wherever we are, we should try to make our efforts in China the best they can be.

Nevill

Arcane
We should help him, not only because he is asking for our help or because he is one of our best friends, but because it would give us an opportunity to see what has developed in China during the last two years. He and his subordinates might be able to give us valuable insights on what is happening in the orthodox world and maybe what is happening with the empty leadership roles.
China is not going anywhere. It will be there after a week. Same with the orthodox sects. So that is hardly a concern for me.

You guys were talking about wanting to do something about the summit that is coming up. Meeting with Shun is an excellent opportunity to learn if anything has developed and for us to utilize the "resource of the whole Empire." Running off after Yunzi might put us in a position where we are rushing back into China with two-year-old intelligence.
That's why we have a year ahead of us until the summit.

Tribute

Arbiter
Quality, not quantity.
I didn't see anything low-quality about the princess.

As far as my vote goes, while I would like to see Shun again after being in isolation for two years, Yunzi has been waiting for far longer and we told her we'd be staying here until the matter of the Prince's death is settled. Now it's settled. Let's go catch Yunzi, and then maybe start working on getting that Amesha Spenta on our side.

Or in other words, B.

As an aside, I'm glad Qilin is having Zhang and his thugs killed. We picked a good woman. I wonder if she's doing it more because they disrespected her or more to protect Cao'er though.

Kashmir Slippers

Magister
We forsook the opportunity to join the detectives so that we could run because we made a promise to our waifu.

Besides. Wudu also entailed Qilin, and we have yet to see how the Minamoto have directly benefited Shun, unless I have missed something.

This tit-for-tat argument doesn't even begin to touch on how much more Shun is deserving of our help and time than Yunzi since he is wholly responsible for letting us be the person who we are today. Yunzi hasn't done anything for us.

Nevill

Arcane
As an aside, I'm glad Qilin is having Zhang and his thugs killed. We picked a good woman. I wonder if she's doing it more because they disrespected her or more to protect Cao'er though.
It's the second motto of the Wudu Cult.

We forsook the opportunity to join the detectives so that we could run because we made a promise to our waifu.
We placed his ass firmly on the throne and no one dares to say he does not belong there. That alone is enough.

He said that it is our choice. He made this explicitly clear. If he is as desperate as you make him sound to be, he would not have let us consider an outright refusal.
Well yes, he is not willing to force us to help him. He sees us as a brother, not a minion. So what else could he say? He was looking for us ever since we left the island, he wants our help. I'm all for helping all of our friends, but we have no particular reason to believe Yunzi needs help right now. So running after her now sound suspiciously like thinking with little Jing to me.

Baltika9

Arcane
Besides. Wudu also entailed Qilin, and we have yet to see how the Minamoto have directly benefited Shun, unless I have missed something.
Yorimitsu was his bodyguard for quite a while and Yorikawa is Shun's device for a Sino-Japanese alliance. This is a pretty big piint.

Tribute

Arbiter
I do want to make sure we go deal with the Orthodox Sects after we've caught up with Yunzi, though. We need to go catch up with Bro Fu, and maybe see how Qi Liuwu's doing.

Esquilax

Arcane
Things we did for Shun, and things Shun benefited from directly:
Wudu Cult Crisis.
Yorikawa and the Minamoto.
Operation Immortal.

Things we did for Yunzi:
Nothing.

There's a ton of bullshit and potential for massive butthurt on both sides here. We have helped Yunzi before, if we're going to play that game.

Things we did for Yunzi:
Saved her from the orthodox sects and returned her to the Fire Cult
Went to this tournament solely for her, and things were going well up until the Prince took an axe to the chest. Which was beyond our control anyways.

Now, following up with her might be good to finally get some closure on this since it seems that we're always being forced apart by some twist of fate or another, but it's nonsense to say that we've done nothing for her.

Nevill

Arcane
Things we did for Yunzi:
Went to this tournament solely for her, up until the Prince took an axe to the chest
Well, you stole her, first. :D And really, what does going to the tournament do for her? We are talking favors here.

Shun had plenty from us already.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Things we did for Shun, and things Shun benefited from directly:
Wudu Cult Crisis.
Yorikawa and the Minamoto.
Operation Immortal.

Things we did for Yunzi:
Nothing.

There's a ton of bullshit and potential for massive butthurt on both sides here. We have helped Yunzi before, if we're going to play that game.

Things we did for Yunzi:
Went to this tournament solely for her, and things were going well up until the Prince took an axe to the chest. Which was beyond our control anyways.

Now, following up with her might be good to finally get some closure on this since it seems that we're always being forced apart by some twist of fate or another, but it's nonsense to say that we've done nothing for her.

You forgot the whole haunted mansion thing. Though I am fairly sure that she could have eventually escaped from that.

Kashmir Slippers

Magister
China is not going anywhere. It will be there after a week. Same with the orthodox sects. So that is hardly a concern for me.

China isn't going anywhere, but neither is Yunzi. Shun, on the other hand, may not be here for long, and we might miss out on a bunch of useful, up-front information. Who is to say that we will be able to get this close to Shun this easily, or that we will be able to get the inside scoop as freely.

That's why we have a year ahead of us until the summit.

We had an entire year ahead of us when Zhang told us fulfill his mission. Look where that took us. We got distracted by shiny baubles, almost got ourselves killed, and never actually did what he wanted us to. There is no need to put something off if you can do it right now.

Esquilax

Arcane
Well, you stole her, first. :D And really, what does going to the tournament does for her? We are talking favors here.

Shun had plenty from us already.

It does mean something. Instead of waiting for her with Rob Halford, we went after her, entered the competition for love, and stole into Yunzi's room in the middle of the night to show Jing still cares about her. My entire point here is that it's pretty clear that we've made choices with Yunzi in mind recently, so it's not like we've done nothing for her. I'm just having an issue with this DISCUSS!!! in that it seems that there's a polarizing (and incorrect argument) in which one side is all "BAWWW YUNZI WILL BE LEAVING FOREVER STOP SLURPING SHUN'S COCK" and the other side going "BROS B4 HOS REMOVE ORTHODONTISTS FROM PREMISES" without much nuance in between. Let's try and see remain a bit open-minded and see that both options have merit and try not to revise history to suit our arguments, shall we?

Esquilax

Arcane
We had an entire year ahead of us when Zhang told us fulfill his mission. Look where that took us. We got distracted by shiny baubles, almost got ourselves killed, and never actually did what he wanted us to. There is no need to put something off if you can do it right now.

Just when I made a post talking about historical revisionism...

We had six months remaining on that mission, first of all, and the reason that we never completed it was that Lord Zhang, in his infinite wisdom, had changed the mission due to the Frathouse being killed and replaced with the Douchebag Generation.

Kashmir Slippers

Magister
It does mean something. Instead of waiting for her with Rob Halford, we went after her, entered the competition for love, and stole into Yunzi's room in the middle of the night to show Jing still cares about her. My entire point here is that it's pretty clear that we've made choices with Yunzi in mind recently, so it's not like we've done nothing for her. I'm just having an issue with this DISCUSS!!! in that it seems that there's a polarizing (and incorrect argument) in which one side is all "BAWWW YUNZI WILL BE LEAVING FOREVER STOP SLURPING SHUN'S COCK" and the other side going "BROS B4 HOS REMOVE ORTHODONTISTS FROM PREMISES" without much nuance in between. Let's try and see remain a bit open-minded and see that both options have merit and try not to revise history to suit our arguments, shall we?

And if you don't mind me interjecting on this point, that is one of the big reasons that I think we should go to Shun. Chasing after Yunzi doesn't really seem like it will have that much merit, as you put it, other than trying to get her to be our Waifu. Going to Shun not only lets us help him when he needs us, it also lets us catch up on what has happened in the last two years. We also want to keep our connection to him strong. We have left him in the cruel, conniving clutches of the Eunuchs, and our anarcho-liberal friend Scholar-bro. He might need some quality time with his bro to keep sane.

Last edited:

Tribute

Arbiter
REMOVE ORTHODONTISTS FROM PREMISES
I've been assuming that's exactly what we're going to be doing once we've settled things with Yunzi. That's part of the whole point of the Huashan Summit, after all, and we probably want to go rub their faces in it somewhat before it's time for the actual Summit (along with making sure we won't have to fight and possibly kill Guo Fu, Murong Yandi, Song Lingshu, or anyone else we actually like).

Rex Feral

Prophet
B is for BRO.

Also for Blood for the Blood god.

After spewing some nonsense I shall vote B.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom