Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Esquilax

Arcane
Exactly this, not only is this a move made from emotion it is also in line with our unorthodox character.

Well, they're both in line with our character, otherwise they wouldn't be the option to do them. Notice how we didn't get the option before to simply kill Wuni and kidnap both Princesses from the Tufan Kingdom? Jing wouldn't do such a callous thing, so it wasn't available. Jing wants Yunzi, but he also wants to help his best friend too. While our loyalty to Shun has changed from that of a subject to being that of a friend, he still wants to do whatever it takes to help him be a strong Emperor. Just like in every update, the choices we get are the choices that are in line with the character.

Kipeci

Arcane
Dude. That's what B is about. Actually, tangibly hooking up with Yunzi by finally accepting her invitation and visiting her at the Cult. Rob Halford will want a rematch as well, now that we've shown him how much of a MAN we are

Did you read the rest of my post? I'm done with this true love bullshit for right now, I want to be able to have a couple of updates in peace uninterrupted by whining about which option is the most likely to make Yunzi want to go after Jing's junk. We've already met up with her, she doesn't expect us, I think we should spend some time cooling off before we meet up again because we pick the stupidest choices when she's involved... then again, if whatever Shun's sending us for is something trivial that I don't want to bother with, I'll consider meeting up with her.

I don't know that yet, so I want to talk with him so I can figure that out. If we get out of there and find out that some sort of easily avoidable and terrible situation like the execution of the deadly doctor has happened just because we couldn't keep it in our pants or at least with the other two beautiful women around us for a couple of years at most (and at this rate probably just a couple of months or less) then I'm just going to be pissed. Which won't be too different from how the last few choices we've picked have made me feel, admittedly.

Honest question: where does it say that Jinpa will be marrying zhang the Inferior?

Common sense? Jing was one of the two marriage possibilities for the younger sibling in what the court had more or less decided on. Jing rejected that, and kidnapped the princess, putting him out of consideration... then we gave the princess back, and zhang wasn't killed or castrated to put him out of the line. What do you think is going to happen? They want those Tang ties in the Tufan court, and they're going to get them regardless of what the younger sibling might want. It's not as if she's the ruling sibling, and she has no lover to steal away with in the dark of the night. At most there's a shift in the factions and she gets married to her uncle instead, but with her sister personally supporting the other faction, what do you think is going to happen?

Yeah, I think that with The Emperor of China on their doorstep, they'll have bigger things than us to worry about. Shun will be our wing man, making sure the date with Yunzi goes uninterrupted.

So all those army folks that were moving on out to get Jing just poof into the air? Shun is a scheduled appointment, the military is scouring the land for places and people harboring Jing. Visit Shun, maybe we can ask him for a little help on that front in exchange for doing whatever it is that he needs doing... but we can't really do that if we don't meet with him.

Bros, we should at least meet with Shun. If we consider whatever it is that he wants us to do more important than Yunzi, we can go do that, or if it's not, we can stay here and chat with Yunzi. Yunzi's not expecting us either way, coming to her one update late won't change anything on her end if we decide that Shun's thing is a waste of time, but we should hear our bro Shun out to decide that.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Nevill - B
XenomorphII - A
Fangshi - B
skaraher - A
Zero Credibility - A
Baltika9 - B
Azira - A
Kipeci - A
Esquilax - B
Elfberserker - B
Kashmir Slippers - A
asxetos - B
The Brazilian Slaughter - A
Tribute - B
Lambchop19 - B
Rex Feral - B
Anabanana - A
Grimgravy - B
Akkudakku - B
archaen - A
kazgar - A
Bloodshifter - B
ScubaV - B
Jester - A
profreshinal - A
Tigranes - B
Smashing Axe - A
ERYFKRAD - A

Current tally:

A - 14

B - 14

Last edited:

Tribute

Arbiter
“Young Master Zhang,” says Gao Ying quietly.

“Y-yes, Eunuch Gao?” squeaks Zhang nervously.

“Let the two girls go.”

“Look, Eunuch Gao, this is just a little harmless fun. You are best friends with my godfather, Grand Eunuch Wang, aren’t you? I’m sure you-“

“Let the two girls go, please,” repeats Gao Ying, more politely this time.

This time, he complies, desperately beckoning at his men to free the girls.
Have I mentioned how amusing it is that, apparently, the more polite Gao Ying is, the more he means business?

Tigranes

Arcane
B. Of course, we already threw away buckets of Yunzipoints when we said COME WITH ME then refused to run away with her so that we could get captured in prison just so that we can immediately break out and effect no real change in the Tufan kingdom. But better late than never.

Anabanana

Augur
Really? We're going to ignore the urgent business that Shun has for us, a chance to figure out what the fuck is going on with the orthodox sects, and help out with whatever is going on with Tufan, to chase after Yunzi? If we wanted to go with Yunzi, we should've just eloped with her after the tournament. Even if you like her, please consider at least hearing Shun out so we can decide whether or not this business is something that we can blow off.

Shun has been looking for us ever since we left the island. Now that he's found us, and that he's right here, can we at least hear him out before going gallivanting off to the fire cult, where Yunzi might not even be?

Look, Yunzi obviously has a thing for us. And that's not going to change, even if we go work for Shun. Now that we have a chance to really have a positive effect on the grand scheme of things, are we going to throw it away? Besides, we've already had a lot of sexual tension and romance stuff in recent chapters. We've had our fun, now can we settle down and take things seriously?

Esquilax, it only looks like we're torn apart at the worst possible moment because of choices the Codex makes, not fate. In the last choice, we were very, very close to eloping with Yunzi. That suggests to me that she's not, in fact, our destined one. Of course, going by that logic, none of our current love interests are the destined one but hey.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Perhaps the Codex is FATE, the arbiter of destiny.

Anyway, votes should close in about 12 hours or so, if nothing unexpected happens.

Anabanana

Augur
Meh, not unless treave could foresee that we would vote against eloping with Yunzi. I think the predestined lovers thing isn't quite a solid argument for going with B here.

And I'm sure there will be more opportunities to get with her in the future. Aren't you at least curious as to what Shun has in mind for us? Let's just listen and if it's something that's not really all that important, we can always choose to go after Yunzi. It's not like the Fire Cult is going anywhere anytime soon.

Baltika9

Arcane
The Fire Temple is three days away from here. Sure, you can tell Gao Ying to go tell Shun to wait wherever they are until you finish whatever you want to do at the Fire Temple. That's B.
My thing is, we've yet to achieve the main purpose of comimg all the way out here: Yunzi and th he Cult.
Shun's mission waited for this long, he can give it to us at the Temple if it's so urgent.

Just because we made retarded choices in regards to Yunzi is no reason to screw ourselves over even more in that regard. Just make a straightway to the Cult and settle the rest after that.

kazgar

Arcane
We'll never get Yunzi, she's the only constant antagonist we've had in this game, and LCK 1. Doomed to miss her/get caught up in events, no point chasing, we'll see her again regardless, fate (and treave) will keep us in touch but never together.

I reckon Shun's mission might be to do with Huehuehueshan fucking things up again (and don't forget that whole poisoning the rest of generation bro before the fire cult summit, and last we left the orthodox sects, they were spread thin after said summit)

Anabanana

Augur
Shun's business is urgent and serious and will have wide-reaching effects. I want to know what those orthodox sects are planning. THIS is the main plot, guys. This is the part where the lovable unorthodox outcast finds out the insidious plots of the orthodox sects and starts working to undermine them. This is the kind of shit that's worth sacrificing a whole year of Zhang Jue training for. This is our main quest. Yunzi is not going to stop being attracted to us just because we left her alone for a while.

We've already given up on the chance to romantically elope with Yunzi after the fight, and yes I was torn about that afterwards, but now I'm glad that we voted that way, because now we actually have the opportunity to choose to help Shun and start working against the orthodox sects. I'm far more interested in doing something that matters, something that needs our attention right now, than the Yunzi romance subplot that we're invariably going to run into again and again.

Baltika9

Arcane
If Shun's mission is so urgent, why is Gao framing it as "do it right now or don't, up to you."? This means it's not immediayely relevant.
We've already given up on the chance to romantically elope with Yunzi after the fight, and yes I was torn about that afterwards, but now I'm glad that we voted that way, because now we actually have the opportunity to choose to help Shun and start working against the orthodox sects. I'm far more interested in doing something that matters, something that needs our attention right now, than the Yunzi romance subplot that we're invariably going to run into again and again.
We'll never get Yunzi, she's the only constant antagonist we've had in this game, and LCK 1. Doomed to miss her/get caught up in events, no point chasing, we'll see her again regardless, fate (and treave) will keep us in touch but never together.
Our adversary is BJ. He's seriously the antithesis of Jing.

Yunzi can and will happen, we just gotta keep moving in that direction. That's what B is for. With the amount of horny dudes going after her, we'd better get a move on.

kazgar

Arcane
He's not even the main bad guy, just a bit part player.

Nup, Yunzi won't happen, not that someone else will win her, just we won't, something will always happen, and then the LP will of run its course.

Esquilax

Arcane
Yunzi can and will happen, we just gotta keep moving in that direction. That's what B is for. With the amount of horny dudes going after her, we'd better get a move on.

But Ahura's a quadriplegic and the Prince is dead. Nobody is after her but us at this point. In fact, considering their fates, it might be a better idea not to go out with her, bad things seem to happen to men that desire her. :lol:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

This is our main quest.
No, building a harem is our main quest. You might not understand this, Ana, cuz you're a girl, but I vote with my "little lambchop" and he's rarely sometimes always never steered me wrong.
:rpgcodex:

Baltika9

Arcane
Jing laughs at disasters. We will die like a true MAN, dissected by our million-strong harem out of jealousy. :salute:

Again, just because we've made some dumb decisions doesn't mean we should complately give up on her.

Anabanana

Augur
Look, remember this?

What can one person accomplish in this cauldron of chaos?

Overthrow and replace the Son of Heaven, who has lost his mandate to rule?

Unite the bickering pugilistic sects under one banner, to usher in a new world?

Or to live out life quietly on the sidelines, away from the troubles of the era?

It is from such stories that legends arise...

What happens will depend entirely on our choices. Do we want to end up living quietly with a harem, having accomplished nothing else in our lives? Or do we actually want to have the chance to influence the rise and fall of the the jianghu, and the future of entire countries? Of course we can have both, but that's probably going to depend on us choosing wisely when to pursue your romantic interests, and when to put them aside when there's something more urgent going on.

If Shun's mission is so urgent, why is Gao framing it as "do it right now or don't, up to you."? This means it's not immediayely relevant.

No, it's obviously urgent business:

Actually, we have been trying to find you when it turned out that you had left Yinhu Island. His Majesty has an urgent mission for you back in Tang lands. There is trouble with the Eight Sects.

And here is the full quote:

Of course, it is up to you whether you want to come or not. His Majesty was very clear on that point. I do not have the time to explain any further.
This isn't Gao Ying saying that it's not urgent. I think this is Shun being a bro and making it clear that it's our choice, as a friend, whether to help him or not. We are not his subordinate. We're helping him because he's our bro.

Regardless, treave has already said clearly that we will have a choice to go back to the Fire Cult after hearing Shun out. Given that point, I don't see why people shouldn't just go listen to him first before deciding.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Do we want to end up living quietly with a harem, having accomplished nothing else in our lives?
tumblr_m1vuc3bLiK1rn95k2o1_500.jpg

Baltika9

Arcane
Or why not do our shit before we start taking care of his? We came to Turfagistan for Yunzi, and I'd rather we finish this objective first before we do anything else. If Ahun really needs us that badly, he can rally with us at the Cult (introducing him to them can introduce interesting solutions by itself).
What happens will depend entirely on our choices. Do we want to end up living quietly with a harem, having accomplished nothing else in our lives? Or do we actually want to have the chance to influence the rise and fall of the the jianghu, and the future of entire countries? Of course we can have both, but that's probably going to depend on us choosing wisely when to pursue your romantic interests, and when to put them aside when there's something more urgent going on.
Dude. We are the Mad Molesting Tiger, student of LORD ZHANG JUE. We are going for greatness with or without Shun.

I understand that this is an emotional topic, but my stance is pretty solid. Yunzi and Rob Jalford and then everything else.

Anabanana

Augur
Hey, hey, I want Jing to have a harem too. Just right now there are more important things to do. :lol:

But yes I can respect that people have different priorities. :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom