Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Baltika9

Arcane
Without our help, Shun dies.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Without our help, Shun dies.
And the Empire crumbles to dust. This is how we brought about the downfall of the order of Heaven and fulfilled our destiny.
:salute:

I am ready to go Yang Xue and wage war on China just to prevent us from going full homo... The Dex does scary things sometimes.

Baltika9

Arcane
He made her an offer...
godfather_08_make_you_offer.jpg

She could not refuse.
:yeah:

Anabanana

Augur
And now we are completely in the dark as to what the fuck is going on except for what's in our pants.

Great job.

Nevill

Arcane
Jing's dong compass has never steered us wrong.
Following our dong was what placed Shun on the throne in the first place. If Qilin wasn't there, we would have gone to the Fire Cult.

In lil' Jing we trust.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Gates of the Fire Temple

Five Amesha Spenta; surely a welcome more than you deserve. You had been spotted mere seconds after you gained entry, and surrounded by the most powerful warriors of the Fire Temple. You look around you – Vahista and Vairya are present, as is the female Amesha Spenta that had been at Heihu Valley. There are also two others; a man and a woman, who look considerably younger. You presume that they must be the newly selected ones, like Armaiti.

“Am I not welcome here?” you ask carefully, looking at Vahista and Vairya: from the way they stand, they appear to be the most senior ones amongst the Amesha Spenta. Vahista is the one who speaks: “On any other occasion, you would be, but unfortunately your timing is poor. There are some urgent spiritual issues that the Temple has to address right now. We are not receiving any outsiders at this moment. Please come back at another time.”

“When would that be?”

He does not answer, only fixing you with a steady gaze. Vairya, standing besides Vahista with his arms folded, laughs. “Go now. But if you are here seeking death by my fists, I am willing to oblige.” You are not too sure if you want to take him up on that offer – something tells you that starting any fight with Vairya will not be good for your health. The combined pressure exerted by the five warriors is remarkable; you suppress the instinct to flee like a whipped dog. Making an effort to stand up straighter, with a more confident look on your face, you grin.

“I would, but I’m really here to meet with the Holy Maiden, upon her invitation. Is she around?”

Vahista sighs. “Yes, we know of her invitation and have been briefed accordingly, but I am afraid I cannot comply with that order at this moment. As I have said, we have some overriding concerns that do not involve you. You should not be here right now… and the Holy Maiden is not here.”

“She never came back from Dukezong,” says one of the other Amesha Spenta, the young man. “She sent us a message, saying that she was going on a well-deserved vacation together with Armaiti.”

“Do not look so put down, Manah, she deserves it,” laughs the woman besides him.

“I know, she has been working hard these past two years. Still, Ameretat…”

“Enough, both of you!” shouts the older woman. “The Holy Maiden has the right to take a break, but it is not solely because of that. She is also protecting us by temporarily staying away from the Temple. Should Tufan want to find her, they will not do so here.”

“I apologize, Haurvatat.” The two younger ones express their remorse at the same time, lowering their head.

“You did not say anything to the Holy Maiden while the two of you were at Dukezong, did you?” asks Vahista with a little hint of menace to his voice. “Of course I spoke to her. We are friends after all,” you reply cheerfully.

“I see. Friends.” Vahista is not convinced or pleased by your reply, but he drops the matter. “No matter. Now, if you have spoken enough, I would ask that you depart the Temple.” There is a feeling of uneasiness in the air; you can see it on the faces of the Amesha Spenta. Somehow, you feel that it is nothing to do with your presence here… there is something else.

You think you might have an idea of what would disturb them so.

“How is your Lord Ahura, by the way?” you ask.

The silence is so thick that you could cut it with a knife.

“Xu Jing…” warns Vahista, his eyes blazing. “Please leave now. There will be a time when you can pass our gates and be our guest, but now is not that time.” You can feel their killing intent rising… if you stay here for a second longer, you will likely be killed.

You should leave… for now.

A. If they are not going to welcome you openly, you will just sneak in quietly at night. They are hiding something, and you plan to find out what it is. This could be very important to both Shun and Yunzi. You have already scouted the outer premises on your way into the temple courtyard; you are confident you will not be caught.

B. You leave; there is nothing else for you to do here. You should return to your wanderings now.

1. You head north, towards the Tianshan mountain range and Tujue territory. There could be something of interest there, as Tianshan is reputed to harbour powerful immortals that have lived for more than a hundred years, and you would also like to see whether the border tensions are still high.

2. You head north-east, towards Chang’an, Huashan and the rumoured headquarters of the Beggars’ Sect. If Shun has a job for you, you should be able to hear of it there regardless of whether or not he is present.

3. You head east, towards Emei and Qingcheng. You would like to see how Master Yao, Abbess Miecao and Song Lingshu are doing; you have not seen them in a while.

4. You head south, towards the Buddhist kingdom of Dali. You have heard that they are ruled by the Duan royal clan, who have mysterious and powerful martial arts techniques that allowed them to carve out their territory despite superior Tang military force.

5. You head west, deeper into Tibetan territory. The internal strength of the monk, Xuxian, and his powerful techniques intrigue you. Perhaps you may be able to pick up some clues to that end in Lhasa.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
B1. We have to establish ourselves among Tujue people if we ever want to be a khan. :troll:

Baltika9

Arcane
:troll: Holy fuck. We've been had again. Wow, I feel like an idiot now.

Ahura most likely passed away and they Ameshas are in grieving. Now, if I were Yunzi, i would visit my home country first, so that's B1. And if we wish to become Khagan, that is also where we would wish to go.
And I feel that A is a suicidal choice, these Ameshas are very skilled and perceptive, sneaking in with stealth 7 is folly. Voitng B1 for now, it has an awesome sales pitch and the reasons I stated above.
1. You head north, towards the Tianshan mountain range and Tujue territory. There could be something of interest there, as Tianshan is reputed to harbour powerful immortals that have lived for more than a hundred years, and you would also like to see whether the border tensions are still high.
Khanism, Immortals, Ashina and lots of FIGHTAN. What more could we want.

treave, would voting for A last vote have us meet with Yunzi, by any chance?

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Doesn't matter now.

Though I will say this: you would have been given a choice and a new reason to visit the Fire Temple after meeting up with Shun.

Baltika9

Arcane
Yunzi is actually a Camna, Dio's ancestor.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom