Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Tribute

Arbiter
Train With Shun looks insanely good.

I also don't remotely remember the page that's on. Time to go archive-diving!

Kipeci

Arcane
It was some time in the huge mass after we were deciding the votes for the couple years training. I think our opportunity to 'train with Shun' just got passed up, though.

Esquilax

Arcane

No way, it looks like the worst one on the list. Every other list on here looks better, though of course there is more to each location than just what's on the list. The possible neigong training in the Taishan mountains isn't on that list, after all. And the other locations provide some interesting possibilities as well. Bros: Kipeci Anabanana Baltika9 Nevill Fangshi

What do you guys think about avoiding the Central Plains for now? I understand, we'd be letting the Douchebag Generation further consolidate their power and we'd still be in the dark about everything that's transpired in the previous two years, but it seems that we have some unique martial arts opportunities in the Tianshan Mountains and in the Buddhist Kingdom to the south.

On the other hand, going to Emei and/or Chang'an means a chance to get to the bottom of things, as well as finally perfect our Yuchang Sword Style or Dragon Palm, depending on where we go and how successful we are. It's probably easier and quicker to perfect a technique that we already know a little of than to figure something out from scratch.

At this point, his qi is a convoluted, chaotic mixture that cannot be really called yin or yang. He would have to separate them to use those techniques properly, but nothing is stopping him from learning the form and then putting his own spin on the essence, depending on the technique. But it is said that the Tianshan Child Elder is the master of internal energy research, even more so than Wang was, though most are not sure if she really exists. The trip is rather far, though.

Awesome, how far are we talking? I assume since we're already way out west it should cut down on the trip. No sense in heading there later if we go to the Central Plains now, it would take far too long.

But I have this nagging feeling that perhaps we should go with A and sneak in. Whatever is going on is extremely important to the Fire Cult, and I think that I might be correct in my little theory. However, with Sneak 7, the high alert in the place, and the perceptiveness of the Amesha Spenta here, could it actually work? If my theory is correct and they manage to restore Ahura, it would be very bad for the people of China. And the only person strong, ballsy, and knowledgable enough to actually fight an Ahura without meridians would be none other than our lover Master, Zhang Jue.

Actually, that sounds like all the more reason to let them revive him. I kinda want to see that fight.

Elfberserker

Liturgist

I also don't remotely remember the page that's on. Time to go archive-diving!

I think Guihe formation would be much better in dealing with lot of assholes that we are going to go against like Zhang the lesser:yeah:

Tribute

Arbiter
I might flop to A just so we can murder Ahura if they're trying to revive him. I may not like the Fire Cult, but I'd be pretty fine with it if it became Yunzi's permanently.

Kipeci

Arcane
Shun's training would bring us up to 9 swords in two months, at least if it weren't a joke option like all the other ones there. That's hardly 'the worst one on the list'. Anyway, I'm already voting to stay away from the Central Plains for now since we've screwed the pooch, may as well train up elsewhere in preparation for the competition and stumble blindly into whatever trap they have laid only to punch our way out with bullshit qi powers. I'm voting to go to the Tien Shan range as it is right now, they're neigong masters around there and I don't care for qi finger stuff. Plus, there's half a chance that we could meet up with some of the Ashina if they've been scattered over to the Gokturks in the area, though I admit that's not likely.

Edit: While we could maybe ask Cao'er if they taught her any of their sack-crushing skills in her time at Emei, Jing's not a good formation fighter. Who would we fight in formation with, anyway?

Esquilax

Arcane
While we could maybe ask Cao'er if they taught her any of their sack-crushing skills in her time at Emei, Jing's not a good formation fighter. Who would we fight in formation with, anyway?

Master Zhang of course. We'll go on a suicide mission to destroy all Eight Sects and kill off the heads of the Douchebag Generation together. It'll be so romantic.

:love:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Shun's training would bring us up to 9 swords in two months, at least if it weren't a joke option like all the other ones there.
This was (not) a part of the update where you could not get more than +2 swords no matter what combination you choose.

What do you guys think about avoiding the Central Plains for now? I understand, we'd be letting the Douchebag Generation further consolidate their power and we'd still be in the dark about everything that's transpired in the previous two years, but it seems that we have some unique martial arts opportunities in the Tianshan Mountains and in the Buddhist Kingdom to the south.
I am not opposed to it, in fact, I have it set as my secondary vote. I am extremely interested in Tujue people, and treave said that all choices are connected to the main plot somehow. The only thing that I can think of that would connect nomads and the Central Plains would be an invasion, and that only makes it more exciting. Plus, neigong training sounds awesome.

Now, there are arguments for staying in the Central Plains. Here is where most of the action takes place, here is where our enemies entrench themselves, and Yunzi is much more likely to be found here as well. Then there are people we might want to visit.

I don't know. All of the choices sound good. Personally, I would still prefer to get inside the Fire Temple now that we are here, since treave talked about a unique opportunity. Here's the link.

Baltika9

Arcane
While we could maybe ask Cao'er if they taught her any of their sack-crushing skills in her time at Emei, Jing's not a good formation fighter. Who would we fight in formation with, anyway?

Master Zhang of course. We'll go on a suicide mission to destroy all Eight Sects and kill off the heads of the Douchebag Generation together. It'll be so romantic.

:love:
<sigh> So dreamy. I always wanted a Jing-Lord Zhang back-to-back fight scene. I'm still holding out hope, no matter how faint it is.

And, yeah, B1 looks the most attractive for me: we have a neiggong cap of 15, so we'd better take advantage of that. That, and those Children sound pretty damn intriguing, especially with the golden fox leaf monopoly (hell, with how injured we tend to always get, getting on their good side is almost a fucking must).
And, y'know, Tujue Mongols and Master Shul Gi.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Just a precaution
If we can't meet Shunbro, we should get qi lasers.
Or go meet THE masters of neiggong and do our Khandom thing:
B1. Tianshan Range, near Tujue territory. The place where golden fox leaves are harvested by the masked Xueguizi. Their leader is called the Tianshan Child Elder, a secretive and mysterious little girl that is said to have lived for more than a hundred years, eternally unaging. The Xueguizi are also a sect that is said to focus strongly on yin-based inner strength techniques, and have great knowledge of neigong.
At this point, his qi is a convoluted, chaotic mixture that cannot be really called yin or yang. He would have to separate them to use those techniques properly, but nothing is stopping him from learning the form and then putting his own spin on the essence, depending on the technique. But it is said that the Tianshan Child Elder is the master of internal energy research, even more so than Wang was, though most are not sure if she really exists. The trip is rather far, though.
Haha, this is even better than the original sales pitch for it. WIth a neiggong potential of 15, these guys are an absolute must for us to visit.

But really, all the options are good. It's just that with a potential of neiggong 15, I feel like visiting Tianshan Range is a must for us, especially since it's usually a pain in the ass trip, which it isn't now. I mean, come on, masters of neiggong greater than Big Wang, Golden Fox Leaf cartel and badass martial artists? And we'll be close to the Tujue Mongols?

Esquilax

Arcane
Okay, I'm sold on it.

B1 > A

That being said, I still think that we should evaluate the option of sneaking into the Fire Cult Temple. Consider that if we find something in there and are successful in discovering it, we would still have the opportunity to go wherever we please afterwards. That is, assuming we aren't caught and we don't die horribly for trespassing upon them. But hey, think positive, guys!

Baltika9

Arcane
That being said, I still think that we should evaluate the option of sneaking into the Fire Cult Temple. Consider that if we find something in there and are successful in discovering it, we would still have the opportunity to go wherever we please afterwards. That is, assuming we aren't caught and we don't die horribly for trespassing upon them. But hey, think positive, guys!
I know what will happen: just as they're trying to resuscitate Ahura, his and Jing's similar qi reacts and both of us go into a long trance. Jing gets a spiritual experience and gains the blessing of the real Ahura Mazda, and is declared the New Messiah of the Fire Cult, blood brother and right hand of the current Ahura Mazda.
Then we set out on a reconquest of Persia from the Caliphate.

Esquilax

Arcane
I know what will happen: just as they're trying to resuscitate Ahura, his and Jing's similar qi reacts and both of us go into a long trance. Jing gets a spiritual experience and gains the blessing of the real Ahura Mazda, and is declared the New Messiah of the Fire Cult, blood brother and right hand of the current Ahura Mazda.
Then we set out on a reconquest of Persia from the Caliphate.

YOU HEARD THE MAN, PEOPLE.

VOTE A +1 CALIPHATE -1 KEBAB VOTE A +1 CALIPHATE -1 KEBAB VOTE A +1 CALIPHATE -1 KEBAB VOTE A +1 CALIPHATE -1 KEBAB VOTE A +1 CALIPHATE -1 KEBAB VOTE A +1 CALIPHATE -1 KEBAB VOTE A +1 CALIPHATE -1 KEBAB VOTE A +1 CALIPHATE -1 KEBAB VOTE A +1 CALIPHATE -1 KEBAB VOTE A +1 CALIPHATE -1 KEBAB VOTE A +1 CALIPHATE -1 KEBAB

*Edited for accuracy

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
YOU HEARD THE MAN, PEOPLE.

VOTE A +1 CALIPHATE -1 KEBAB VOTE A +1 CALIPHATE -1 KEBAB VOTE A +1 CALIPHATE -1 KEBAB VOTE A +1 CALIPHATE -1 KEBAB VOTE A +1 CALIPHATE -1 KEBAB VOTE A +1 CALIPHATE -1 KEBAB VOTE A +1 CALIPHATE -1 KEBAB VOTE A +1 CALIPHATE -1 KEBAB VOTE A +1 CALIPHATE -1 KEBAB VOTE A +1 CALIPHATE -1 KEBAB VOTE A +1 CALIPHATE -1 KEBAB

*Edited for accuracy
Vote for A and you too can be this manly:
remove-kebab-meme.jpg

Baltika9

Arcane
The real Kebabs are raiding the noble Persian Empire and exterminating the :incline: Zoroastrians.

They are the Enemy. They are Kebab and the must be removed from premises.

The real Kebabs are raiding the noble Persian Empire and exterminating the :incline: Zoroastrians.

No, no! Kebabs are Turks, not muslims! Turks are Tengriists, Buddhist and Nestorian at the time, well there are some traitors like Seljuk's guys but fuck them. Yunzi is a Kebab! We must INCLUDE KEBAB!

No, no! Kebabs are Turks, not muslims! Turks are Tengriists, Buddhist and Nestorian at the time, well there are some traitors like Seljuk's guys but fuck them. Yunzi is a Kebab! We must INCLUDE KEBAB!

Baltika9

Arcane
KEBABS are noble :obviously: Mongolians and Turks that devolved into :decline: by Caliphate conquest. Caliphate is the creator and spreader of KEBAB. And KEBAB MUST BE REMOVED! FOR SRBJA, XU JING IS A SERB!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom