Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Tribute

Arbiter
We're approaching the climax of the LP. Showing up at the Huashan Summit with crazy never-before-seen yin-yang powers and then smacking down the corrupted Orthodox masters with the power of our enlightened neigong is entirely appropriate.

Baltika9

Arcane
Nah, treave confirmed that the LP will be going beyond the Huehueshan Summit. Provided we live to see it. :lol:

But seriously, A looks like the winner because everyone loves Big Wang's big wang, so I'll just say that visiting Tianshan's Child Elder is perfect after we learn to separate our yin and yang.
If we live, that is.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I'm correcting, not contradicting.
Maybe so, but I think Rex Feral was right - why would you correct the best argument for B this way (by saying that the description of how familiar or confident Jing is with the choice is not important) in a situation where one choice means death unless B is the wrong choice? Seriously, for me that is the best argument for A I have read so far. But since I hate OOC hints I will stick with my vote.

I'm saying that being familiar with the technique doesn't mean it is guaranteed to be the right choice. Yes, B has an advantage of familiarity over A, it has been proven to work in the update itself, and in this stressful situation that could be the simple edge you need. A has the advantage of not blowing up if you overdo it and finding a new aspect to your qi. Success is defined as not dying, and that's all there is to it.

I don't actually care if you guys pick the wrong choice, all that happens is I wrap up. :lol:

RealDDc

Learned
Hmmm... As it stands A and B are pretty risky.

Can't Jing kiss the naked man with a C option? It worked once already.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
So whatever we chose now will be the end of times? Voting A for epic wuxia showdown. B is the big bang option.

Baltika9

Arcane
I'm saying that being familiar with the technique doesn't mean it is guaranteed to be the right choice. Yes, B has an advantage of familiarity over A, it has been proven to work in the update itself, and in this stressful situation that could be the simple edge you need. A has the advantage of not blowing up if you overdo it and finding a new aspect to your qi. Success is defined as not dying, and that's all there is to it.

I don't actually care if you guys pick the wrong choice, all that happens is I wrap up. :lol:
Let's cut down the rhetoric, bros:
A is trying to take a spur of the moment idea of changing the nature of our qi to take control of the Flame away from Ahura and use it against him.

B is using the techniques we are familiar with and practiced with to drain Ahura and the Flame.

Did I get the gist of, treave?

Last edited:

Tribute

Arbiter
The question is, how often does improvising crazy bullshit work out well for Jing?

Anabanana

Augur
Ahura has even taken control over the Eternal Flame, as he directs it to destroy you in his pain and anger: your chaos appears to be anathema to the light of the fire, as it seems driven to destroy you at all costs.

treave, if the Eternal Flame will naturally seek out and destroy our qi anyway, what does it mean that Ahura is directing it to destroy us? That seems a little redundant?

Baltika9

Arcane
No, that's not the question at all. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't.

Going for the overly complex solution in the Songfeng duel with Rong Junior would have killed us, for instance.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
B is using the techniques we are familiar with and practiced with to bend the Flame to our will and drain Ahura's reserves.

You're not bending the Flame to your will, but absorbing it. It won't be a Flame anymore after you're done slutting it up. Switch that around too, because the primary aim is to drain Ahura rather than the Flame, so if he's dead you can stop.

Ahura has even taken control over the Eternal Flame, as he directs it to destroy you in his pain and anger: your chaos appears to be anathema to the light of the fire, as it seems driven to destroy you at all costs.

treave, if the Eternal Flame will naturally seek out and destroy our qi anyway, what does it mean that Ahura is directing it to destroy us? That seems a little redundant?

That he's switching it into DESTROY ALL SLUTS mode. When the Amesha Spenta were controlling it, it was in REMOVE IMPURITIES FROM PREMISES mode, which is a little less forceful, noted by the fact that you're still alive after a while even though it hurts like a bitch. But if you don't do anything immediately, be it A or B, you're dead.

Last edited:

Tribute

Arbiter
No, that's not the question at all. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't.

Going for the overly complex solution in the Songfeng duel with Rong Junior would have killed us, for instance.
Well then now I have no idea, and I am forced to stick with which option I think could result in more cool stuff later.

Rex Feral

Prophet
Ehm. Wasn't Ahura sucked dry of qi when he fought with Wang? Isn't he really dependant on the Flame right now to overpower us?

That would mean that draining Ahura would be doable.

Baltika9

Arcane
That he's switching it into DESTROY ALL SLUTS mode. When the Amesha Spenta were controlling it, it was in REMOVE IMPURITIES FROM PREMISES mode, which is a little less forceful.
And how easily can he change these modes? Was it in the gentler mode when we first came in and he switched it when he went on the attack? Or would Jing honestly have no idea?

A just seems foolhardy to me because we're essentially trying to use the Flame that Ahura had decades of experience with against him. This is his thing, he controls it and it did not kill him when he was the biggest slut in the room but he turned it on us no problem.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom