Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Has this mystical experience changed Jing's mind on all that meditation and enlightenment stuff, treave? Seems to be one hell of a life-altering experience to go through. This must have given him a different perspective on things.

Well, you have his answer in the update itself.

“I don’t know, it’s a bit dull, isn’t it?”

He's seen the world of enlightenment and the secrets of the universe, and it offers him nothing he desires. At least, not for now.

Though if he does not desire enlightenment, does this not make him even closer to an enlightened state? For the dearth of desire is what these seekers of wisdom strive to achieve in their quest - their desire - for enlightenment, and in not desiring to be enlightened, he already is. :philosoraptor:

Well, if the votes are still ongoing, treave, which one is closer, Emei or Chang'an? I'm gonna flop to Emei if it's near.

Of course it's still ongoing. I don't have enough in the tank for another update so soon. Emei is nearer.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
I will give you one good reason to go to emei. First thing our old master will say to Jing will be 'congratulations Jing on becoming...' and then Cao'er cuts him off :D cause he can see Quilin is pregnant

Last edited:

TOME

Cuckmaster General
DC

treave, how would it have turned out if we had kidnapped Princess Bubble Butt and then went to meet with Shun with her? How would have the Princess reacted meeting with Tang Emperor, and more importantly, how would have Shun reacted to the fact that Jing kidnapped a foreign princess?

Last edited:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Going to Emei lets us learn that sweet Yuchang blade technique, It's about time that we finally start using that blade or I feel it's wasted on us. We also see what kind of douchebag is leading Emei righ now and maybe also investigate how mao shinjo is still connected to pugilist world and imperial politics

Rex Feral

Prophet
Also for harem. If Yunzi is going to the central plains, she'd probably go to Emei. Furthermore we could add Song Linshu to harem. And Yifang.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Going to Emei lets us learn that sweet Yuchang blade technique, It's about time that we finally start using that blade or I feel it's wasted on us. We also see what kind of douchebag is leading Emei righ now and maybe also investigate how mao shinjo is still connected to pugilist world and imperial politics
We probably should off the guy (mao) he is awfully shady.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Also for harem. If Yunzi is going to the central plains, she'd probably go to Emei. Furthermore we could add Song Linshu to harem. And Yifang.

Definitely Yifang, but I thought that codex wanted Bai Jiutian to get Miss Song, so he wouldn't have that stick up in his ass....Oh god.

Is it just me or does anyone else think that maybe Bai jiutian might expanded his influence at laest part of Qincheng sect through Miss Song?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
DC

treave, how would it have turned out if we had kidnapped Princess Bubble Butt and then went to meet with Shun with her? How would have the Princess reacted meeting with Tang Emperor, and more importantly, how would have Shun reacted to the fact that Jing kidnapped a foreign princess?

Shun would just put the moves on her, playing good cop to your bad cop, and add +1 willing Tibetan princess to the Imperial harem, which also means official marriage alliance with Tufan.

He'd tell you 'Good job.'

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Shun would just put the moves on her, playing good cop to your bad cop, and add +1 willing Tibetan princess to the Imperial harem, which also means official marriage alliance with Tufan.

He'd tell you 'Good job.'
Oh well we cant be right at all times :D

Rex Feral

Prophet
So my selling points for 2C:

- Harem: Yifang + Song Linshu + Yunzi (?)

- Our first master, master Yao, could be a good time to say hi

- Abbess Miecao, we could ask her about what happened back at the tournament when that cliff fell on them and Wang got poisoned

- Investigating Mao Sanjiao

- Cool techniques: - Legendary Sword Technique
- Yuhe Finger

- Time economy: it's nearby, we could proceed after a short visit to Chang'an

Rex Feral

Prophet

Akkudakku

Arbiter
treave said that Chang'an, Emei and Temple are equidistant from one another.
Very convinient. And now that I think about it 1D is a good choice - we are acting in a way that says 'when you will feel that my deeds made me your lord call me so' so im flipping DC > DB.

Baltika9

Arcane

He said Emei was nearer.

Well, if the votes are still ongoing, treave, which one is closer, Emei or Chang'an? I'm gonna flop to Emei if it's near.

Of course it's still ongoing. I don't have enough in the tank for another update so soon. Emei is nearer.
Ah, my bad, was thinking of a different quote. Yeah, I don't see 2A winning so I'll go ahead and support 2C, since I think that Shun's mission was actually about said scrolls so there is no point going to Huehueshan Land for just that.

Don't quite care about the second vote, but damn do I want that 1A. The need a strong leader and I see an opportunity here.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012

treave, I recall that Emei was the closest sect to the Cult's temple. How far away is Chang'an from us and from Emei?

About the same distance from both places, perhaps a few days closer in travel time from your current location, but as long as you're traveling in the Central Plains you won't need to worry about time too much for now.

Chang'an from the Temple and Chang'an from Emei are about the same distance.

Does not necessarily mean Emei and the Temple are the same distance, though.

Esquilax

Arcane
There are plenty of reasons for deciding to head to Chang'an over Emei, though:

“As for the other manuals, we know of their names, but not of their location. The Xuanming Jiuyin Holy Art (玄冥九陰聖術, Profound Darkness Nine Yin Holy Art), and the Xiaoming Jiuyang Divine Skill (晓明九陽神功, Dawning Light Nine Yang Divine Skill). Vahista said that word of these manuals reappearing has spread amongst the Tang pugilists, and I am sure the Wuxiang Qiankun Skill is part of those rumours too. It might only be a matter of time before they come knocking at our door.”
“We think it would be better if you investigated the Central Plains personally. As you have learnt one of the three legendary techniques that they are after, there is a possibility it might be easier for you to find and learn the other manuals, my Lord. You should also try to find the Holy Maiden while you are there.”

Huashan is the center of the orthodox world right now, and you can bet that their people will be examining every corner of China with a fine-tooth comb to get their hands on these skills. When they find out where the Wuxiang Qiankun manual is likely to be, guess where they'll be heading? Being at the heart of things means that we're probably going to be more likely to find out where the orthodox sects are looking for the manuals, and it might give us a chance to sabotage them before they eventually figure out that things lead to the Fire Temple.

There's also the matter of the Beggars. It's unusual that one of their own participated in the tournament at Dukezong, and I'd like to find out why. If we make some friends there, we could also perfect our Dragon Palm as well. Though of course the same could be said for Emei and Yuchang Sword techniques.

I guess I'm voting for C a lot out of emotion, as we haven't seen either Yao or Miecao since the Young Tigers Tournament. Out of the two techniques remaining, we're more likely to find the Xuanming Jiuyin at Emei - this is just a hunch, because yin energy is associated with femininity and Emei is a female sect. But still, I miss Yao and Miecao and it's been far too long since we've last managed to see them.

Is it just me or does anyone else think that maybe Bai jiutian might expanded his influence at laest part of Qincheng sect through Miss Song?

Possibly. These Douchebag Generation assholes have been consolidating their power for the past two years - they have enough clout that even a guy like Zhang Manxing who has Master Nie's favour is allowed to learn Wudang techniques that he shouldn't normally have access to. My initial impression is that the Wuxing and his cronies at Kunlun and Taishan inserted puppet leaders into the BRO sects.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Don't quite care about the second vote, but damn do I want that 1A. The need a strong leader and I see an opportunity here.
The good leader is the one that people willingly follow. D allows them to call you their Lord if they see you as one, but does not enforce the issue.

The 'buddy-buddy' thing Smashing Axe talked about is actually B, where you insist they call you by name. For those who deem ceremonies important to hold things together, let them do that. Don't force the hand of those who don't.

Esquilax

Arcane
The 'buddy-buddy' thing Smashing Axe talked about is actually B, where you insist they call you by name. For those who deem ceremonies important to hold things together, let them do that. Don't force the hand of those who don't.

I somewhat agree, but you can't be Lord Ahura Mazda, Bearer of the Eternal Flame, to one guy, and then say "It's cool, you can call me Jing" to another. You can't be divine and mortal at the same time, is what I'm trying to say. Option A strikes me as Jing taking his responsibility and these people's beliefs seriously, as much as I would enjoy them addressing us as LORD MAN TIGER PIG at all times.

I get the feeling that D might cause friction within the Cult. If everyone knows that we are Lord, that is cohesive, but letting them call us whatever strikes me as inappropriate given the sort of organization that this is. You don't hear any of these guys calling the Holy Maiden by her real name, do you?

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I somewhat agree, but you can't be Lord Ahura Mazda, Bearer of the Eternal Flame, to one guy, and then say "It's cool, you can call me Jing" to another.
In public, no, you can't. But when you are in your private chambers, you do exactlly that.

Shun does not insist on you calling him 'Your Majesty', does he? Yet he is still your liege. Is he a bad leader?

They will revere you publicly, but you leave their personal opinion of you up to them.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
I somewhat agree, but you can't be Lord Ahura Mazda, Bearer of the Eternal Flame, to one guy, and then say "It's cool, you can call me Jing" to another. Option A strikes me as Jing taking his responsibility and these people's beliefs seriously, as much as I would enjoy them addressing us as LORD MAN TIGER PIG at all times.
In the end all of them will be calling us Lord. But we are not a dick, only a troll so D seems better than A and alienating people that are not too happy about the situation.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
There are plenty of reasons for deciding to head to Chang'an over Emei, though:

“As for the other manuals, we know of their names, but not of their location. The Xuanming Jiuyin Holy Art (玄冥九陰聖術, Profound Darkness Nine Yin Holy Art), and the Xiaoming Jiuyang Divine Skill (晓明九陽神功, Dawning Light Nine Yang Divine Skill). Vahista said that word of these manuals reappearing has spread amongst the Tang pugilists, and I am sure the Wuxiang Qiankun Skill is part of those rumours too. It might only be a matter of time before they come knocking at our door.”
“We think it would be better if you investigated the Central Plains personally. As you have learnt one of the three legendary techniques that they are after, there is a possibility it might be easier for you to find and learn the other manuals, my Lord. You should also try to find the Holy Maiden while you are there.”

Huashan is the center of the orthodox world right now, and you can bet that their people will be examining every corner of China with a fine-tooth comb to get their hands on these skills. When they find out where the Wuxiang Qiankun manual is likely to be, guess where they'll be heading? Being at the heart of things means that we're probably going to be more likely to find out where the orthodox sects are looking for the manuals, and it might give us a chance to sabotage them before they eventually figure out that things lead to the Fire Temple.

There's also the matter of the Beggars. It's unusual that one of their own participated in the tournament at Dukezong, and I'd like to find out why. If we make some friends there, we could also perfect our Dragon Palm as well. Though of course the same could be said for Emei and Yuchang Sword techniques.

I guess I'm voting for C a lot out of emotion, as we haven't seen either Yao or Miecao since the Young Tigers Tournament. Out of the two techniques remaining, we're more likely to find the Xuanming Jiuyin at Emei - this is just a hunch, because yin energy is associated with femininity and Emei is a female sect. But still, I miss Yao and Miecao and it's been far too long since we've last managed to see them.

Possibly. These Douchebag Generation assholes have been consolidating their power for the past two years - they have enough clout that even a guy like Zhang Manxing who has Master Nie's favour is allowed to learn Wudang techniques that he shouldn't normally have access to. My initial impression is that the Wuxing and his cronies at Kunlun and Taishan inserted puppet leaders into the BRO sects.

I don't know man, if someone wanted to hide super manly technique then hiding it near Emei would be pretty good place to hide because orthodox sects can't think outside of the box.

I think Yin technique is terrible match for Jing since he is more of Yang guy, but at laest finding it there at laest keeps it away from orthodox sects.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom