Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Rex Feral

Prophet
Funny how sometimes we come to the same conclusions.

Like once in 250 pages :lol:

Akkudakku

Arbiter
My votes are BA. Murder is a little overboard and if BJ knows we are here we are fucked if we kill the old creep. Also BJ seems to like Miss Sung so we might arrange a marriage between the two we make a new friend, save a old friend and all together are a cool guy to other people!

Also no one ever notices the janitor (what a Pratchett vibe here :D).

Baltika9

Arcane
My votes are BA. Murder is a little overboard and if BJ knows we are here we are fucked if we kill the old creep. Also BJ seems to like Miss Sung so we might arrange a marriage between the two we make a new friend, save a old friend and all together are a cool guy to other people!
Except that Songfeng-Huashan alliance through them means we're completely fucked.

Rex Feral

Prophet
We should close the votes before Lambchop appears and screams Theseus. After that we'll get another week of discuss.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Welp. Yeah. OK.

BA

mr-t-in-the-role-of-ba-baracus-in-the-a-team.jpg
Wanted to make the same pun but decided against just before posting :D

Esquilax

Arcane
Won't it be hilarious if BJ decides to tag along too? :lol:

I think you mean BRO Jiutian. Lambchop19 wrote a story about our wonderful friendship:

A Second Chance

You arrive too late. The Imperial palace is under attack. Bai Jiutian's and his forces have utterly failed to repel the enemy... You dash into the throne room to find Shun has already been evacuated. Only Bai himself remains, no doubt to hold off the enemy in one last brash act of heroism - the insufferable cunt. An explosion rocks the palace. Smoke and debris fly everywhere. One of the support columns gives way, collapsing toward Bai who is frozen in shock.

A. Save Bai - calling upon all your inner strength you catch the pillar. You might just be able to do it without breaking your back.
B. Let it squash the fucker.

Lambchop: Ok, bros - here's how I see it....
Codex: *completely ignores lambchop and votes A*

Dashing toward the pillar you let loose all of your inner strength, you catch the pillar - your every bone creaking from the strain. Behind you you can almost hear Bai's mouth gape in surprise. Recovering from the shock of having just been saved by you of all people, Bai calmly steps out of the way...and stabs you in the neck.

A spray of blood errupts from the wound and your body goes numb as you feel yourself falling backward. The column, falling with you, lands on your right shoulder, completely crushing it.

"Oh, Jing...", he laughs. "I'm surprised you haven't figured out that I am in fact responsible for all the assassination attempts on the Shun. You should have known I was Theseus."

As you listlessly watch the ever expanding pool of your own blood, you can't help but wonder at how retarded the Codex truly is...

Song Lingshu was always rather taken with Jiutian, and if we break off her marriage with Mao, guess who she's going to marry? So you'd have Bai Jiutian married to the head of the wealthiest and one of the most numerous of the Eight Sects, while being a likely future Great in his own right and a lock for future head of the Huashan Sect. This would also be pretty bad for us. Oh, if only we had a ruthless character who would be willing to kill both Song Lingshu and Uncle Mao, while simultaneously lying to Bai Jiutian and telling him that we're there to free her. Qingcheng would be in complete ruin without any successors in the horizon!

Rex Feral

Prophet
Won't it be hilarious if BJ decides to tag along too? :lol:

I think you mean BRO Jiutian. Lambchop19 wrote a story about our wonderful friendship:

A Second Chance

You arrive too late. The Imperial palace is under attack. Bai Jiutian's and his forces have utterly failed to repel the enemy... You dash into the throne room to find Shun has already been evacuated. Only Bai himself remains, no doubt to hold off the enemy in one last brash act of heroism - the insufferable cunt. An explosion rocks the palace. Smoke and debris fly everywhere. One of the support columns gives way, collapsing toward Bai who is frozen in shock.

A. Save Bai - calling upon all your inner strength you catch the pillar. You might just be able to do it without breaking your back.
B. Let it squash the fucker.

Lambchop: Ok, bros - here's how I see it....
Codex: *completely ignores lambchop and votes A*

Dashing toward the pillar you let loose all of your inner strength, you catch the pillar - your every bone creaking from the strain. Behind you you can almost hear Bai's mouth gape in surprise. Recovering from the shock of having just been saved by you of all people, Bai calmly steps out of the way...and stabs you in the neck.

A spray of blood errupts from the wound and your body goes numb as you feel yourself falling backward. The column, falling with you, lands on your right shoulder, completely crushing it.

"Oh, Jing...", he laughs. "I'm surprised you haven't figured out that I am in fact responsible for all the assassination attempts on the Shun. You should have known I was Theseus."

As you listlessly watch the ever expanding pool of your own blood, you can't help but wonder at how retarded the Codex truly is...

Song Lingshu was always rather taken with Jiutian, and if we break off her marriage with Mao, guess who she's going to marry? So you'd have Bai Jiutian married to the head of the wealthiest and one of the most numerous of the Eight Sects, while being a likely future Great in his own right and a lock for future head of the Huashan Sect. This would also be pretty bad for us. Oh, if only we had a ruthless character who would be willing to kill both Song Lingshu and Uncle Mao, while simultaneously lying to Bai Jiutian and telling him that we're there to free her. Qingcheng would be in complete ruin without any successors in the horizon!

I bet you regret now that we didn't die, so that we get the chance to do exactly that, as Gao Ying :troll:

Also I don't think Bai Jiutan is such a bad guy, since treave gave us the chance to play as him, back when we died in Youxia City.

Would have been funny to play the bad guy and kill all our former friends in the most sadistic ways possible.

Absinthe

Arcane
BA Lets get this over with. Bai Jiutian is going to come along now, because he wants to keep an eye on us and have the fuss to a minimum. It might work for the best, considering Song Lingshu has the hots for him, so the chances of her cancelling the wedding when confronted by him are quite decent. Marrying one guy is a lot harder when the heart starts beating for another guy, after all.

Also, it would be hilarious if we manage to convince Song Lingshu and Bai Jiutian to run off together, since that's probably the last thing anyone would expect.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Hmmm... anyone caught up on this?
“We are not expecting any trouble, are we?” says the beggar suddenly. “Of course not,” says Mao. “Master You, there will be no issue. No one would dare! Not with so many powerful pugilists present. We have the masters of Taishan and Kunlun here. We have you, the most powerful Beggars’ Sect leader! Even Young Master Bai and Young Master Zhang, the pride of the Eight Sects, are here to share my joy. Who would dare?”
First, why would the beggar - or anyone else - expect trouble if they knew everything was clean? We know that Qi Liuwu mentioned the situation in Qingcheng as abnormal. The beggars might know/suspect something, though where exactly they stand is unknown.

Second, zhang manxing really seems to be mentioned in a single breath with Bai Jiutian (I thought he was just bullshitting us). I can't imagine the latter being happy with such a turn of events.

If a rift is starting to form between BJ and Master Nie, we must do our best to widen it.

Last edited:
This is starting to look pretty one-sided, isn't it?

BA as well.

Though keep the laxatives on standby just in case.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Second, zhang manxing really seems to be mentioned in a single breath with Bai Jiutian (I thought he was just bullshitting us). I can't imagine the latter being happy with such a turn of events.

If a rift is starting to form between BJ and Master Nie, we must do our best to widen it.

I can imagine that twin flowers aren't happy either by their father's decision considering how Zhang is even creepy in the public. I think Bai Jiutian and Master Nie's bond started to creak during aftermath of firecult showdown.

Esquilax

Arcane
Also, it would be hilarious if we manage to convince Song Lingshu and Bai Jiutian to run off together, since that's probably the last thing anyone would expect.

Depends on the circumstances. Let's say we assassinate Mao Sanjiao - in those circumstances, Song Lingshu takes charge of Qingcheng and probably marries Bai Jiutian openly. She has to marry someone, after all, and why not the most respected young pugilist of the Eight Sects? Sure, there would probably be a period of mourning, but I could see them getting together publicly. Maybe I'm thinking too far ahead here, but I'm not too keen on a Qingcheng-Huashan alliance forming like this. Could be bad for us.

First, why would the beggar - or anyone else - expect trouble if they knew everything was clean? We know that Qi Liuwu mentioned the situation in Qingcheng as abnormal. The beggars might suspect something, though where exactly they stand is unknown.

A lot of very powerful orthodox pugilists here. After the deaths of the Grand Taoist and the Abbot two years ago, I imagine that the new sect heads are understandably nervous. If I were in their shoes, I'd suspect some Wudu Cult fuckery at a wedding like this.

I guess I'll also go with BA as well. Not that it matters, of course.

There is? I think it's unanimous so far - 14 votes for BA. Do we get a quicker update (where we horribly fail) if we hit 20?

Oh, there will be.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
What about the power of love?! Love > Friendship!

(Since we have nothing to argue about in the update itself, might as well turn it into yet another Shun vs Yunzi showdown)

Esquilax

Arcane
B-but, Esquilax! Don't you believe in the power of friendship?!

With BJ? Fuck no. I think the reason that he was so shocked that Master Nie became head of the pugilistic world was that he was hoping that he would get the crown himself. He's certainly got the talent and the ambition. Really, I am reluctant to trust him like this. I think he's somewhat on the level, but I can't help but wonder if it might be a better idea to lie to him about our intentions here and tell him we're here for Lingshu when we actually just want to assassinate Mao Sanjiao instead.

But then again killing him loses its appeal if Bai Jiutian knows we did it. It would be far better to kill him in a manner where no one knows the culprit - Nie Wuxing, Liu Ye and Su Cheng would be paranoid to a Codexian degree towards each other. After all, if they were all willing to work together to kill four sect heads at Heihu Valley, why not another Sect Head with a school that is getting increasingly more powerful?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom