Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Esquilax said:
That being said, I'm kinda reluctant to go through with this TOTALLY AWESOME THING because we now have to represent the Fire Cult and everything that we do, good and bad, reflects badly on them.
You'll have to reveal your presense in A1 anyway. The laxatives do not prevent the fight from breaking out, they just affect the efficiency of the fighters. Once you try to protect Lingshu or Miazhou, this will be revealed as your plot.

Really, the only way to remain undetected is to run away with B.

Kipeci

Arcane
B>A 1.

Why do you make this so very hard for me to keep my vote consistent? C is hilarious but there's no waywe could take it without screwing ourselves over for later.

Still, there's no option more MAXIMUM DICK here than marrying a guy, so we know what option the Codex will take. ;)

Tigranes

Arcane
It's absolutely wonderful. Mao Sanjiao's reputation would never recover from that. Xu Jing takes his bride from him, then kisses the groom as everyone in the wedding shits themselves? How would he ever live that down? :lol: People would be making jokes about an ugly woman being "as pretty as Mao Sanjiao's bride" for years to come. "This is worse than Mao Sanjiao's wedding" will be a figure of speech for all time because of this. treave, will Bai Jiutian know about the laxative portion of the plan? I'm assuming not.

That being said, I'm kinda reluctant to go through with this TOTALLY AWESOME THING because we now have to represent the Fire Cult and everything that we do, good and bad, reflects badly on them.

For that reason, I have to go with A1. It's still funny because laxatives, and said laxatives ensure that a fight won't break out.

But isn't that exactly why we should rehabilitate the Fire Cult as the Cult of Trolls? I mean, I don't ever see it becoming super buddy-buddy with the Douchebag Generation-ruled Eight Sects. We can be the Trickster God of the Cult.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
The options other than A don't really weaken our opponents at all. It just causes a bit of a social scene and alters the internal politics of Qingcheng. A is fantastic because it pits the sects against one another and strains loyalties.

C is pure lulz. I don't see how it benefits our position at all.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
I'm pleased to see that so far, everyone is voting for laxatives. :smug:

It's about time we started to use them. I almost felt that Yao lucky laxatives were wasted for us :lol:

As awesome as C1 is I have to go diplomacy route.

A2>C1.

Anabanana

Augur

Meh, the Fire Cult already has a terrible reputation with the orthodox sects, I can't imagine that this is going to make much difference. Besides, we're already known as the murderer of the Tufan Prince, this is nothing compared to that.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
What kind of message she would leave behind in B? If it's just a letter in her room then B is going to fail as it is so easy to get rid of and then the whole ordeal would be viewed as a kidnapping by outside world.

A2. If BJ is with us, I don't think public opinion of us will deteriorate so much that we would have to fear of full scale attack. And I say no to laxatives because we want that the guests support us, not that they shit themselves and curse Jing and Lingshu for ever being born.

Last edited:

Anabanana

Augur
Yeah, diplomacy route people should probably not vote for laxatives. Can't imagine that turning out well at all.

I would also question BJT's willingness to get Huashan publicly involved in this affair, no matter how he and his master might feel privately, so we probably shouldn't count on his cooperation as a sure thing in A.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
C is pure lulz. I don't see how it benefits our position at all.
C destroys Mao's position utterly. And he has no Lingshu to re-establish it.

He would be done for. And that is good for me.
Allowing Huashan to sweep in and cement their hegemony.

A has the potential to create a political maelstrom, depending on who speaks up. If we can get BJ to say something we could be putting him at odds with his master, or at the very least ferment some distrust between the sects. Certainly it would make other sects more leery of Huashan's expansionism.

Nevill

Arcane
I don't see the diplomacy working, laxatives or no laxatives. In A1, everyone would be too busy to listen properly and this will be an obvious sabotage. In A2, there will be a fight. With just 1 vote and with BJ unwilling to involve Huashan, I don't know how successful you expect it to turn out.

And, well, Lingshu might give in before the possibility of bloodshed.

C1 is lulzy and all, but I really think that removing Lingshu from premises and demolishing Mao's reputation will be the quickest and the surest way to install her as a head of the sect in the future.

Smashing Axe said:
They have no right to Qingcheng, unless one of them marries Lingshu... and BJ isn't keen to do it. So, no.

Kipeci

Arcane
I'll amend my vote to B>C1. If we are pretty much going to openly fight in A as someone else mentioned and blow our cover then we may as well go for the publically fight option that's the funniest one in about the whole CYOA!

ScubaV

Prophet
As MAXIMUM LULZ as C is, I have to caution against it. If you have any suspicion that BJ is much more of a schemer than he lets on, C would be a huge win for him. He gets all of the benefit while taking none of the risk and he gets to position himself well against the dastardly Man Tiger Pig. A forces him into an uncomfortable spot, but one that he has to take or become a hypocrite whose actions betray his beliefs. A also puts a strain on the solidarity of the Eight Sects, especially if they start fighting, which if nothing else gives our Fire Cult time to strengthen itself.

Laxatives are kind of a wild card. It would probably keep any fighting in A from getting too serious, but maybe we want it to be serious. I'm not sure

A1 > A2

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, diplomacy route people should probably not vote for laxatives. Can't imagine that turning out well at all.
Actually-
Jing: Hear ye, hear ye, oh great pudgy-lists of China! Know that I've prepared this ten-minute long[ORTHODONTISTS- TEN MINUTES?!] speech to convince you that Song Lingshu did the right thing in-
ORTHODONTISTS: Ok, you're right! Make way!
*Jing moves out of the way, allowing the rest access to the only door that leads to the lavatories/restrooms*
Laxatives. Your best friend in speeding up negotiations.

Fuck it, I'm going with C1 > A1.

Jing may never be the strongest, or the fastest fighter. Definitely not the smartest either. But he can still be the biggest troll in the universe. Yeah, if we can pull this off the guy's reputation is going to take a beating he will never recover from, making taking the sect from him for miss Song later that much easier. On the negative side, we would make plenty of lifetime enemies. Also, it would need some tricky timing. We can't be found out too soon or the joke will not be as effective. And the laxatives have to kick in at just the right time - too soon and we ruin the wedding before time, too late and we have trouble leaving without a fight. But that can be arranged by spiking the wine served at the right time, and we do have experts with us.

Also, it would be wise not to give our "gift" to just everyone, that would serve to piss of a lot of people that are at least neutral to us at this point. No laxatives for Emei. And probably no laxatives for the beggar either. Or BJ if we want to feel generous to him her (plus I think it could be useful not to piss off BJ at this point like that). And we have to talk to our girls about not slipping something extra to that douche Zhang. Laxatives are fine, but If he dies on the wedding that just ruins the joke, nobody will talk about Jing the troll, but Jing the poisoner.

A1 is an obvious "serious" choice for me. With the laxatives we can probably pull it off (just make sure our allies don't get the hit by it either).

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
I don't see the diplomacy working, laxatives or no laxatives. In A1, everyone would be too busy to listen properly and this will be an obvious sabotage. In A2, there will be a fight. With just 1 vote and with BJ unwilling to involve Huashan, I don't know how successful you expect it to turn out.

C1 is lulzy and all, but I really think that removing Lingshu from premises and demolishing Mao's reputation will be the quickest and the surest way to install her as a head of the sect in the future.

Smashing Axe said:
They have no right to Qingcheng, unless one of them marries Lingshu... and BJ isn't keen to do it. So, no.

To be honest I don't really care about achieving a peaceful resolution/happy Lingshu outcome. If with a bit of twisting from Lingshu and us BJ still doesn't stand in support, I think with an impromptu speech we can manipulate him into saying something in our support. Probably by driving him to indignant outrage. The way A is phrased however that likely isn't necessary, it definitely sounds like BJ will support us, and he is as close to a representative of Huashan you're like to find short of Nie Wuxing.

Huashan right to Qingcheng is irrelevant, without strong leadership Qingcheng will wane and Huashan's star will burn all the brighter because there's one less ambitious person to question their dominance. Huashan hegemony is cementing. A is the only option I see that has the potential to weaken this.

Last edited:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Of course, the best option would be for Jing to marry Song and Qilin both in secret. That way we'd instantly become the head of Qingcheng AND the Wudu Cult, along with being the head of the Fire Temple.

Nevill

Arcane
Huashan right to Qingcheng is irrelevant, without strong leadership Qingcheng will wane and Huashan's star will burn all the brighter because there's one less ambitious person to question their dominance. Huashan hegemony is cementing. A is the only option I see that has the potential to weaken this.
I don't see why Lingshu can't return to take her place later, as mentioned in the choice itself.

Really, are we discussing UNIFIED TIBET and TUFAN GENERAL ZHANG again? Because these predictions surely came true.

A1 > C1 while c1 seems epic i dont see how we benefit from it? :D
-1 Mao Sanjiao on the scene. And I hope for -1 zhang manxing, too, but that might be asking for too much.

Last edited:

Esquilax

Arcane
But isn't that exactly why we should rehabilitate the Fire Cult as the Cult of Trolls? I mean, I don't ever see it becoming super buddy-buddy with the Douchebag Generation-ruled Eight Sects. We can be the Trickster God of the Cult.

True, but there's also Abbess Miaozhu there. We'd be burning a bridge with a potential ally there. It's may be hard to trust Bai Jiutian, but if we drive a wedge between Huashan and the other sects, then that is also very good for us. Infighting makes working together to find the manual a lot harder, and it probably buys the Fire Cult some time before the Eight Sects come knocking on their door.

But... maybe we want a fight. If these guys are at each other's throats, then that's a good thing for us. All that drama coming out at the worst possible time, at Mao Sanjiao's wedding; this won't be easily forgotten.

Good observation. Yes, she probably will. However, if she speaks out publicly, with Bai Jiutian and Abbess Miaozhu both raising their voices in support, even if she goes through with it, the damage will have already been done. All the cracks within that image of orthodox sect unity will begin to appear. But yeah, we have to be mindful of this in A1/A2.

C1 is lulzy and all, but I really think that removing Lingshu from premises and demolishing Mao's reputation will be the quickest and the surest way tpo install her as a head of the sect.

Oh, C1 would make Mao an utter fucking laughingstock because of us. It would be glorious. But it feels like we'd be removing one enemy so that we can create another at Emei. The Beggars are a bit of a wild card since they're a pretty independent bunch and I don't know how much they respect this new Chief of theirs. If they think that he's just a spineless shill for the Huashan, we might even see a rep boost. :lol:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Of course, the best option would be for Jing to marry Song and Qilin both in secret. That way we'd instantly become the head of Qingcheng AND the Wudu Cult, along with being the head of the Fire Temple.

Qilin will be actually head of Wudu cult even if we marry her, after current leader retires.

I have to admit that marriage ceremony with Miss Song would be totally awesome after we had made everyone shit their pants in previous ceremony.:bro:

Nevill

Arcane
Esquilax said:
Oh, C1 would make Mao an utter fucking laughingstock because of us. It would be glorious. But it feels like we'd be removing one enemy so that we can create another at Emei.
The Emei do not scare me all that much. We have the Abbess to vouch for us (we even have the recomendation letter from her), we have Yifang to defend our actions and explain Lingshu's behavior.

We have a lot of connections with them, unlike with the other sects.

Siince my goal in coming here was to destroy Sanjiao, and I only voted B in the previous choice because we were dioscovered by BJ, I hop on this new opportunity.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

[Emei fears]
So, basically, you are afraid of what will happen if the Abbess get's the laxatives too? What if we make sure she doesn't? We DO have two of her nuns with us. Surely they can distract her from drinking the wine. Maybe one of them can pull her off to the side and engage her in a long conversation about how wrong the wedding is and demand her to stop it?

Anabanana

Augur
treave, would it be possible to have Yifang or somebody make sure that our allies (namely Emei sect and maybe BJT?) don't get the laxatives?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom