Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

a cut of domestic sheep prime

BJ needs him some laxative love. Might help him finally get the stick out of his ass.

Esquilax

Arcane
So, basically, you are afraid of what will happen if the Abbess get's the laxatives too? What if we make sure she doesn't? We DO have two of her nuns with us. Surely they can distract her from drinking the wine. Maybe one of them can pull her off to the side and engage her in a long conversation about how wrong the wedding is and demand her to stop it?

That might be a possibility. The way that it was phrased, the laxatives were part of a wedding gift - I assume that we'd spike the wine with it or something. In that case, you can't really control who ends up ingesting it. In a big celebration like this, you gotta eat/drink something for the festivites, so I don't think Yifang would be able to distract the Abbess forever. :lol:

Basically, if you think that hurting our relationships somewhat with a lot of these sects is a worthy price for a surefire way of demolishing Mao Sanjiao's hold over Qingcheng, C1 is the way to go. I don't think that it would be a terrible rep hit - it's just trolling the wedding of somebody half these people fucking hate anyways and it's more of an embarrassment to him than anyone else. I still might flop to it, because it's just fucking hysterical.

Jester

Arbiter
A2 > C1
A2 - if we fight starts its will be so sweet. Nie first, Zhand not manly second. One for daring to say that he defeat the teachings of Zhang Jue and leader for being an disgrace for 8 sects.
C1 - the most traumatic occurrence in history of china.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
That might be a possibility. The way that it was phrased, the laxatives were part of a wedding gift - I assume that we'd spike the wine with it or something. In that case, you can't really control who ends up ingesting it. In a big celebration like this, you gotta eat/drink something for the festivites, so I don't think Yifang would be able to distract the Abbess forever. :lol:
Qilin as one of the servants may serve the antidote to the right people if we want to make sure who is affected and who isn't.

That's a good idea - I was going to suggest simply not spiking the drinks of those we wish to spare, but this is much easier to pull off.

Nevill

Arcane
Basically, if you think that hurting our relationships somewhat with a lot of these sects is a worthy price for a surefire way of demolishing Mao Sanjiao's hold over Qingcheng, C1 is the way to go. I don't think that it would be a terrible rep hit - it's just trolling the wedding of somebody half these people fucking hate anyways and it's more of an embarrassment to him than anyone else. I still might flop to it, because it's just fucking hysterical.
BJ's assessment is right. These people are either nobodies (from the BRO sects), or our enemies anyway, with the exclusion of the Emei (who might be convinced that this marriage was wrong in the first place, thanks to Yifang) - and we may see to it that they don't receive the punishment.

How big of a reputation hit do you expect it to be?

I wanted to murder Mao Sanjiao, but this is simply better. It does not make us a murderer so that Wudang and Shaolin would steer clear of us, but it crushes him all the same.

profreshinal

Arcane
I think people are way overestimating jing's good relation with Emei. The previous abbess doesn't hold any sway over Emei anymore, she's retired and she's not coming back. Cao'er was never a nun and was only a few month at Emei. Ylfang isn't a nun anymore and not part of Emei anymore either. abbess Miaozhu would support miss song because she's a feminazi that would love to cut mao Sanjiao's balls of instead of helping more male dominance.

C1>A2
might flop to just A2 later

Last edited:

I wanted to murder Mao Sanjiao
That actually surprises me. We'd instantly be viewed as a major threat by the sects and when it came out that we were the leader of the Fire Temple, it would further cement their rep as assassins of the sects. Just why is it you hate this guy so much anyway? He's a schemer, not the Chinese Hitler. We haven't seen any evidence of him assassinating anyone or doing any great evil apart from this marriage - unlike Huashan.

Baltika9

Arcane
Sectarian infighting? Yes, that's perfect. E just throw a wrench in all their plans and decrease cooperation between them for purposes of both finding the manuals and advancing on the Fire Cult when the time comes. Hell yeah.
A2.

Last edited:

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Guys just vote for A because that fucks.up all of ortodontist aliances and what not. C is funny but gives us nothing.

Esquilax

Arcane
Qilin as one of the servants may serve the antidote to the right people if we want to make sure who is affected and who isn't.

The only downside that I could think of here is that the Abbess and Bai Jiutian would not be pleased with our trolling turn of events at the time (though they might appreciate that we didn't make them shit their own pants the next time we meet them) and they'll try to block our escape. We need everyone here with explosive diarrhea to make a clean break from Qingcheng.

BJ's assessment is right. These people are either nobodies (from the BRO sects), or our enemies anyway, with the exclusion of the Emei (who might be convinced that this marriage was wrong in the first place, thanks to Yifang) - and we may see to it that they don't receive the punishment.

How big of a reputation hit do you expect it to be?

I'd expect roughly a -10 hit from Wudang and Shaolin (they may not have sent their heads, but they still sent reps and they gotta take care of their own) and possibly a -20 for the schools that sent in Sect Heads. The hit to Kunlun and Taishan rep I don't much care about - fuck those guys - and the Beggar Sect is a bit of a wildcard. The Beggars are probably the most "unorthodox" of the orthodox sects, and maybe they might enjoy a good bit of trolling if their leader isn't well-respected by them (which we don't know).

That actually surprises me. We'd instantly be viewed as a major threat by the sects and when it came out that we were the leader of the Fire Temple, it would further cement their rep as assassins of the sects. Just why is it you hate this guy so much anyway? He's a schemer, but not the Chinese Hitler. We haven't seen any evidence of him assassinating anyone or doing any great evil apart from this marriage - unlike Huashan.

Can't you read? Mao Sanjiao! Who do you think he is?

220px-Mao.jpg

Baltika9

Arcane
Guys just vote for A because that fucks.up all of ortodontist aliances and what not. C is funny but gives us nothing.
Exactly, C jsut takes down the one guy. A causes a split right down the middle of the orthodox sects. I'd also steer clear of laxatives so that they don't start hunting down the perpetrator, us, but eh.
I wanted to murder Mao Sanjiao
That actually surprises me. We'd instantly be viewed as a major threat by the sects and when it came out that we were the leader of the Fire Temple, it would further cement their rep as assassins of the sects. Just why is it you hate this guy so much anyway? He's a schemer, not the Chinese Hitler. We haven't seen any evidence of him assassinating anyone or doing any great evil apart from this marriage - unlike Huashan.
Dude. He is Uncle Mao. How can you trust a guy named Uncle Mao?
220px-Mao_Zedong_portrait.jpg

Nevill

Arcane
The only downside that I could think of here is that the Abbess and Bai Jiutian would not be pleased with our trolling turn of events at the time (though they might appreciate that we didn't make them shit their own pants the next time we meet them) and they'll try to block our escape. We need everyone here with explosive diarrhea to make a clean break from Qingcheng.
Miazhou alone can't stop us. And Bai would be in on the plan, would he not? I don't see it as a problem.

Esquilax

Arcane
Miazhou alone can't stop us. And Bai would be in on the plan, would he not? I don't see it as problem.

I don't know bro, Bai Jiutian has an immense stick up his her ass, I don't think that she'd know about the full extent of our trolling here. That being said, it would definitely grind our Qingcheng troubles to a halt, and if we could avoid hitting a few people with laxatives, well, that would be perfect. I flopped my original post to C1.

Kipeci

Arcane
How is A a choice that screws up all the intersect relations, again? We can maybe convince Emei and a significant figure from Huashan to our side, but apart for them people are going to be mostly pro Qingcheng here. Maybe it makes Nie and co upset with Bai and the Emei nuns, but the latter is actually bad for us because we need Emei assistance to carry on our investigation lf the manuals quickly and to preserve relations with Huashan they may very well try to at least deny that. Jing won't have true love on his side when he attempts hitting the books...

... incidentally, wouldn't it be hilarious if the old lady asked for the Yuchang sword in exchange for sticking her neck out with A?

Baltika9

Arcane
I'm down for C1 if we can avoid laxative-ing certain people, like Abbess Miaozhu, BJ and the Wudang/Shaolin reps. Best not get on their bad sides since we'll need them in our search.

Watch C1 turn out to be a death choice and Jing's "Legend" ends with him stabbed to death while wearing a wedding dress and surrounded by old men shitting themselves. Actually, I can't think of a more Codexian way for him to go out... :salute:

Tribute

Arbiter
B1. Bro-time (harem-time?) with Song Lingshu, and everyone at the wedding shits themselves for not having the decency to object before Man Tiger Pig had to put a stop to it personally.

If Bai Jiutian isn't man enough to run off with her personally, we'll do it.

Nevill

Arcane
I see a number of problems with A, and A2 in particular.

1) I find it strange that Smashing Axe, the same person who warned us against trustin Bai Jiutian, votes for the choice that hinges on BJ supporting us against the interests of his own sect. He made his unwillingness to openly involve Huashan quite clear. If he steps down at any given moment, Miazhou alone will not be enough to convince people.

2) The choice clearly mentions potential violence. Given that Lingshu is a goody-two shoes, I can't see her maintaining her resolve if people start getting seriously hurt. She might concede for the benefit of the sect - even now BJ only managed to convince her by mentioning that Sanjiao will run the sect into the ground (though of course she might not have listened to a word of what he was saying).

3) If at any given point she loses confidence, you will have to intervene on her behalf or back away and write the whole adventure off as a loss. And intervening in front of all the masters is probably not a good idea. Bai Jiutian can probably support Lingshu openly, but he can't support you. Unless you make sure that people can't fight properly, you risk being overrun.

I see that people want to make the sects fight each other, but you might be requiring far too much from Bai Jiutian, and relying on his support. I have to remind people that asking a person to do something that goes against their interests or beliefs is not a guaranteed success, as evidenced by the Sword Saint when we asked him to intervene on the behalf of the Fire Cult.

Watch C1 turn out to be a death choice and Jing's "Legend" ends with him stabbed to death while wearing a wedding dress and surrounded by old men shitting themselves. Actually, I can't think of a more Codexian way for him to go out... :salute:
That's why 1 is there - nobody will be able to fight properly.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Dude, just admit it that you're only going for C1 because of trollan. No shame in it.

Nevill

Arcane
Dude, just admit it that you're only going for C1 because of trollan. No shame in it.
I see it accomplishing more than B, and having more chances of a desireable outcome than A.

So, no, I am serious, as hard as it is with such a choice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom